Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Freeze

Started by hoggusamoungus, July 21, 2016, 07:05:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggusamoungus

JackJohnson

a few games suspension for the HC- if that is all the penalties- is the BEST possible scenario for CHEATERS and will forever cement us as a cellar dweller bc it will be the wild west even more on the recruiting trail in the SEC west while we continue to try to "win" the "right way"

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 21, 2016, 07:18:30 am
a few games suspension for the HC- if that is all the penalties- is the BEST possible scenario for CHEATERS and will forever cement us as a cellar dweller bc it will be the wild west even more on the recruiting trail in the SEC west while we continue to try to "win" the "right way"

That has to just be one of several potential outcomes right? A few games without the HC is nothing in comparison to the returns on a few years of pay for play.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jjdlc

You would think repeat offenses would lead to stiffer penalties.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jjdlc on July 21, 2016, 07:44:52 am
You would think repeat offenses would lead to stiffer penalties.
As in a "show cause?"

nwahogfan1

Of course depending on what MS violations committed would depend on the severity of the punishment but I would love to see victories being taken away, Head Coaches and their assistants being fined, suspended or fired and scholarships taken away. 

Also the Punishments have to be carried equally by the coaches and the Colleges who were the violators.   Like after a Coach being fined and fired then he can not coach in the NCAA for a number of years.  Coaches and the Schools have to be equally responsible and equally punished.    I hate it that Pete Carroll did not get fined millions of dollars if it was proven he knew about the cheating being done under his watch.  the school and the kids took it on the chin but Carroll went into the NFL with all his money and with a big smile. A shame.

elviscat

Death penalty is the only answer for brazen behavior. The whole thing was a mastermind scheme to make them relevant again. Play by the rule or you die.

Hoggish1

Quote from: JackJohnson on July 21, 2016, 07:18:30 am

Winning the right way is the only way winning means anything.

Hoggish1

It would have to be suspension for a year w/o pay to really have an impact.  But, that's what it should be to stop this sheet.

Also, the players recruited for the coming season, should the coach be suspended, should be  allowed to transfer immediately.

Now, if the NCAA wants a real penalty—those two would get the job done.

We would start to see the mess that's been going on for some time now be cleaned up fairly quickly.

Hoggish1

Quote from: elviscat on July 21, 2016, 08:51:35 am
Death penalty is the only answer for brazen behavior. The whole thing was a mastermind scheme to make them relevant again. Play by the rule or you die.

That would be nice but could you imagine that really ever happening again?  I can't.

See above for what would fix the problem.

go hogues

Nothing will happen to them, for they have Archie, The Grove and Sundresses on their side. They are bulletproof.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hog N Bama

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: go hogues on July 21, 2016, 09:15:19 am
Nothing will happen to them, for they have Archie, The Grove and Sundresses on their side. They are bulletproof.
you forget however, that Ole Miss flew that confederate flag until the very end....so the PC crowd won't think twice in popping it to Freeze and his buying of football players ....hmm, buying human flesh, sounds congruent to that Confederate flag
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 21, 2016, 09:03:11 am
It would have to be suspension for a year w/o pay to really have an impact.  But, that's what it should be to stop this sheet.

Also, the players recruited for the coming season, should the coach be suspended, should be  allowed to transfer immediately.

We would start to see the mess that's been going on for some time now be cleaned up fairly quickly.
the NCAA can't really impose penalties on a coach.  the coach is under contract with the school not the ncaa.  they can suspend them, maybe fine them, but they can't tell the school not to pay them.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

SpineHog

Quote from: PorkSoda on July 21, 2016, 09:26:25 pm
the NCAA can't really impose penalties on a coach.  the coach is under contract with the school not the ncaa.  they can suspend them, maybe fine them, but they can't tell the school not to pay them.

They could fine him... for the exact amount of his yearly salary.  I wouldn't hate to see that for Freeze. 

Kinda surprised the corrupt NCAA hasn't figured out ways to make fines more prominent as a disciplinary measure; pads their pockets in the name of imposing penalty.

PorkSoda

Quote from: SpineHog on July 21, 2016, 10:05:55 pm
They could fine him... for the exact amount of his yearly salary.  I wouldn't hate to see that for Freeze. 

Kinda surprised the corrupt NCAA hasn't figured out ways to make fines more prominent as a disciplinary measure; pads their pockets in the name of imposing penalty.
I would bet the school ends up paying it for him anyway.  I honestly doubt that freeze is going behind anyone's back to cheat, rather its just how OM operates.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

kodiakisland

I think the NCAA finds their balls in this case and hammers Ole Miss.  Freeze is done.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: kodiakisland on July 21, 2016, 10:15:51 pm
I think the NCAA finds their balls in this case and hammers Ole Miss.  Freeze is done.
Ole Miss football is done, too.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 21, 2016, 09:03:11 am

I would tend to agree.  However, I think the kids recruited for the upcoming season should be motivated to transfer.  Something like a 2 - 4 year post season ban could have that effect.  I don't think suspension of my coach for a year in which I could take a red shirt would do much to motivate me, or penalize the program.  It might cause a 1-year "hickup" for the school, but then it would be back to business as usual.

MultipleScoreGasms

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 21, 2016, 08:53:15 pm
you forget however, that Ole Miss flew that confederate flag until the very end....so the PC crowd won't think twice in popping it to Freeze and his buying of football players ....hmm, buying human flesh, sounds congruent to that Confederate flag

Your're reaching, and I would hate to see NCAA punishment coming from whomever is in charge playing the "race card."

B Ray

I believe a HC found guilty of cheating gets a stiff penalty ,being a suspension and recruiting takes a hit on visits and scholarships , if the HC resigns , the penalty follows the HC to new school , you can't quit and start fresh.. if you sit out a year and find a new job ,penalty is still there

TheBigGriffkowski

When do you think the NCAA will announce their decision? I personally don't see how you would recover from Tunsil's draft debacle. (Taking money not so much the Gas Mask)
I just don't understand how Ole' Miss fans can still be positive all this will be fine.

Any insight to help me understand is greatly appreciated!

theFlyingHog

There's enough pub on this one that the NCAA really should drop the hammer

Having said that, I'll believe it when I see it. After the Cam Newton thing they have zero cred with me

oldman1015

Quote from: Hoggish1 on July 21, 2016, 08:57:44 am
Winning the right way is the only way winning means anything.
Bama, Miami, Auburn, Fla St., USC, and Ohio St. say hi.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

ricepig

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 22, 2016, 09:49:08 am
When do you think the NCAA will announce their decision? I personally don't see how you would recover from Tunsil's draft debacle. (Taking money not so much the Gas Mask)
I just don't understand how Ole' Miss fans can still be positive all this will be fine.

Summer of 2017 at the earliest, especially if there are some more infractions from Tunsil. The NCAA moves slower than the judicial system or an ER waiting room.

Hoggish1

Quote from: oldman1015 on July 22, 2016, 10:22:30 am
Bama, Miami, Auburn, Fla St., USC, and Ohio St. say hi.

?

go hogues

Quote from: TheBigGriffkowski on July 22, 2016, 09:49:08 am
When do you think the NCAA will announce their decision? I just don't understand how Ole' Miss fans can still be positive all this will be fine.
OM football could very likely win the SEC this year. My guess is that they are cooperating with the NCAA in a way to at least get through 2017 recruiting until anything is announced.
Like others have mentioned, if they lose to FSU and Bama early (I think they win both) then they'll likely self impose a bowl ban early and try to get as much of it blown over by signing day as possible.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: go hogues on July 22, 2016, 12:59:04 pm
OM football could very likely win the SEC this year. My guess is that they are cooperating with the NCAA in a way to at least get through 2017 recruiting until anything is announced.
Like others have mentioned, if they lose to FSU and Bama early (I think they win both) then they'll likely self impose a bowl ban early and try to get as much of it blown over by signing day as possible.

Winning three in a row against Alabama would be impressive for Ole Miss even with their handful of pro athletes.

cosmodrum

Not a snowball's chance in hell
Go away, batin'

Jackrabbit Hog

The dude just can't keep his players from doing stupid things.  I mean, just look at what this Black Bear got himself into today:

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2016/07/22/Colorado-man-lassoes-wrestles-bear-with-Cheese-Balls-jug-stuck-on-its-head/3391469193156/?ref=yfp

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

go hogues

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 22, 2016, 02:30:41 pm
Winning three in a row against Alabama would be impressive for Ole Miss even with their handful of pro athletes.
They get Bama at home early and Bama will still be finding their identity. My money would be on OM and their QB and DL play.

jwilliamson67

Couple of thoughts.

NCAA definitely brings out the hammer for ole miss. NCAA has been pretty weak for years but with Tunsil saying on espn draft coverage ole miss coaches gave him money the ncaa can't not hammer ole miss.

Ole Miss has eliminated 11 scholarship. NCAA will tack on to that. I also figure they'll have to vacate some wins. Maybe the sugar bowls.

Now ole miss lost 6 yep 6 offensive lineman. Including tunsil. He's an idiot but he was best college lineman in the nation last year.

They also lost treadwell and nkondeache (spelling ).

Everyone loves returning qbs but its over rated. Just go back and compare sec championships with returning qbs. It doesn't mean squat.

KlubhouseKonnected

He's on the radio right now. He said that there are three reasons why everyone is acting like they did something wrong.

1. Because they are winning at Ole Miss.
2. Because they self reported some violations.
3. They are being targeted because he is outspoken about his faith.

Are you fugging kidding me? He is taking the Ted Suhl defense now?

Dwight_K_Shrute

He is so FOS. Real men of faith lead by their actions. They are confident in their convictions and don't have to prove anything to anyone. They do not quote bible verses every other second. That is a fake man of faith trying too hard. He knows he is a fraud and is afraid everyone else can see that so he over compensates by spouting scripture and envoking Jesus every chance he gets.

He's a total joke and will get his but continue to play the martyr, and hide behind his "faith"
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

hawg IQ

Quote from: go hogues on July 21, 2016, 09:15:19 am
Can you say the Hillary way... I know its a political analogy, but true Ol miss did all the things wrong and illegal, but "no case here" ?? Its what wrong with no only country, but NCAA/SEC also. We have to start getting back to matching crimes and punishment correctly.
go hogs go !

ricepig

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 22, 2016, 11:39:56 pm
He's on the radio right now. He said that there are three reasons why everyone is acting like they did something wrong.

1. Because they are winning at Ole Miss.
2. Because they self reported some violations.
3. They are being targeted because he is outspoken about his faith.

Are you fugging kidding me? He is taking the Ted Suhl defense now?

Nice segue to bring in a current event, lol. Hopefully he is found as guilty.

JIHawg

Quote from: hawg IQ on July 23, 2016, 09:32:40 am
Can you say the Hillary way... I know its a political analogy, but true Ol miss did all the things wrong and illegal, but "no case here" ?? Its what wrong with no only country, but NCAA/SEC also. We have to start getting back to matching crimes and punishment correctly.

No you can't, unless you want to steal somebody's thread.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on July 23, 2016, 12:33:27 am
He is so FOS. Real men of faith lead by their actions. They are confident in their convictions and don't have to prove anything to anyone. They do not quote bible verses every other second. That is a fake man of faith trying too hard. He knows he is a fraud and is afraid everyone else can see that so he over compensates by spouting scripture and envoking Jesus every chance he gets.

He's a total joke and will get his but continue to play the martyr, and hide behind his "faith"

Yep.  People that are really strong in faith don't have to and aren't trying to convince others that they have faith.  He's a scam artist, nothing more.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

JIHawg

Absolutely!  What is it about evangelicals and paranoia?

hawg IQ

Quote from: JIHawg on July 23, 2016, 10:56:36 am
No you can't, unless you want to steal somebody's thread.
you know it makes me wonder.. how long does it take to process wrongdoing and violating rules for those investigating to reach a conclusion about it all. Its like new highways being build.. drag on, drag on and on !?
go hogs go !

Pig in the Pokey

he reminds me of the scary-ass whiteboys down south who show up scared to death and tote the bible around with them everywhere they go and talk about God non stop when they nevr went to church before they got locked up smfh.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hawg IQ on July 23, 2016, 09:32:40 am
more like a mix of that and straight con man, Trumpolini style.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on July 23, 2016, 11:24:27 am
more like a mix of that and straight con man, Trumpolini style.

Dude, you interject some political BS in every thread, go to another forum if you wish to continue, there will plenty who wish to debate you on it.

hogsfan31

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2016, 09:35:14 am
Nice segue to bring in a current event, lol. Hopefully he is found as guilty.

He's not being targeted because of his belief in his faith.

He's being targeted because he uses his faith and a Christian complex to act like he's done nothing wrong.

There's a difference Hugh.

AugustaHog

How many times has Mark Richt been run through the ringer?  He is the real-deal man of faith that Freeze is pretending to be.  If it was about his faith, Richt would've been buried years ago.  Freeze = Chizik/Gus.  It's a God thang.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: AugustaHog on July 23, 2016, 03:30:56 pm
How many times has Mark Richt been run through the ringer?  He is the real-deal man of faith that Freeze is pretending to be.  If it was about his faith, Richt would've been buried years ago.  Freeze = Chizik/Gus.  It's a God thang.

Werd

KevinOMReb

Isn't going to happen.
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

Iwastherein1969

Ole Miss loses their opening game and the seasons is going to hell in a hand basket, anyway. Ole Miss has Chad Kelly, that's about it. I was watching last year's game and focused in on our front four and they were getting good push but were staying in their lanes trying to keep Kelly from scrambling. Well that didn't work. This year, with Telvin doing the 'two step' through defensive lines in the SEC, watch for the Hogs to go after Kelly and hit him a lot. Kelly really was never touched last year, he would scramble and either take it out of bounds of score, therefore he wasn't hit. Different story this year, "Chaddy Boi", the Hogs are bringing the hickory. Guess who will have first dibs for the #3 washtub in that fancy cement pond they have in the Old Miss training room ?  Yep, its Chaddy Boi, he's going to wish he'd never come back for his last year after Sosa de-cleats him a couple of times.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on July 23, 2016, 11:30:28 am
Dude, you interject some political BS in every thread, go to another forum if you wish to continue, there will plenty who wish to debate you on it.
nice try bub. i just quote it and respond to it when i see it derailing a thread. Every time.
@Slackaveli

NaturalStateReb

We're going to get some penalties; whether it's more than what's been self-imposed, I don't know.

My hunch is if it's more, it's not much more.  The NCAA isn't really in charge of football anymore--the conferences are.  There are hundreds of millions of dollars tied up in football for these conferences and networks--neither are going to let the NCAA put that kind of money in jeopardy. 

It never hurts to hope, I guess.  But for those thinking that any Power 5 school, whether it's Ole Miss or anyone else, is going to get bombed to the stone age by the NCAA, it's probably not going to happen.  Could be wrong, but I doubt it.  There's too much money involved.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.