Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How to make the Hogs band better

Started by atekido, July 13, 2016, 11:00:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 23, 2016, 11:11:43 am
That's because of no woodwinds AND those DCI members are some of the best at what they do. Not just any band member can get on a DCI corp.

Oh, I know...I funded this summer--and the audition process last fall/spring!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

cosmodrum

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on July 24, 2016, 04:35:01 pm
Oh, I know...I funded this summer--and the audition process last fall/spring!!

It aint cheap!
Go away, batin'

TomasPistola

I've been watching DCI for years. They always come through every year in Atlanta for the Southeastern Championship. Really like it since it's towards the end of the season and the shows are very sharp. Hoping for a Carolina Crown victory this year but the damn Blue Devils always seem to win.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TomasPistola on July 24, 2016, 11:05:13 pm
I've been watching DCI for years. They always come through every year in Atlanta for the Southeastern Championship. Really like it since it's towards the end of the season and the shows are very sharp. Hoping for a Carolina Crown victory this year but the damn Blue Devils always seem to win.

Bluecoats seem to be the group to beat this year, so far.
Go away, batin'

HogScoutMaster

Last Weekend I swore I bumped into this chick at Central BBQ.  Told the wife "Hey its that band chick"  she had no clue who I was referring to until I showed her the video.
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

cosmodrum

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on July 25, 2016, 10:57:24 am
Last Weekend I swore I bumped into this chick at Central BBQ.  Told the wife "Hey its that band chick"  she had no clue who I was referring to until I showed her the video.

Unless the corps had free time in Memphis, she would be on tour elsewhere.
Go away, batin'

TomasPistola

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 25, 2016, 10:46:09 am

Agreed. I saw one of their early shows on DCI Live and was impressed. Will be interesting to see what tweaks are done by the end of the season.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 25, 2016, 10:46:09 am

It's looking like a four horse race between the Bluecoats, Crown, Devils and Vanguard with the Bluecoats as the favorite perhaps.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Boarmonger

What exactly is DCI?  I'm assuming it's some kind of Drum Corp.  I was in the Jr. ROTC Drum and Bugle Corp and this seems to have some similarity(did some checking on YouTube) but there are major differences. 

cosmodrum

Quote from: Boarmonger on July 26, 2016, 03:13:05 pm
What exactly is DCI?  I'm assuming it's some kind of Drum Corp.  I was in the Jr. ROTC Drum and Bugle Corp and this seems to have some similarity(did some checking on YouTube) but there are major differences. 

Yes, it's completely different than what you took part in. DCI = Drum Corp International

dci.org is a good place to check, and yes, youtube would get you some familiarity.
Go away, batin'

TomasPistola

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 26, 2016, 11:40:27 am
It's looking like a four horse race between the Bluecoats, Crown, Devils and Vanguard with the Bluecoats as the favorite perhaps.

Santa Clara is usually my second favorite brass group. I feel like Crown is usually the best in terms of brass but their percussion always seems to do them in.
You were right.
You did a great job.

Boarmonger

Quote from: cosmodrum on July 26, 2016, 04:11:59 pm
Yes, it's completely different than what you took part in. DCI = Drum Corp International

dci.org is a good place to check, and yes, youtube would get you some familiarity.

Thanks for the response,  I'll check it out.

cosmodrum

Quote from: TomasPistola on July 26, 2016, 06:03:39 pm
Santa Clara is usually my second favorite brass group. I feel like Crown is usually the best in terms of brass but their percussion always seems to do them in.

They look to be drumming well this year. And I love Vanguard. Rennick is the man.
Go away, batin'

Piggfoot

Hire Ohio States Director. Add more Bass Horns. Add more pretty girls.  Remove the woodwinds except for the flutes.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.