Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Jones (on the Buzz?)

Started by Sho Nuff, June 10, 2016, 01:20:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

riccoar

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 12, 2016, 02:43:25 pm
What you did there... I see it.

LOL! I did too, but I don't think the other guy got it.

About 2 years ago I gave up local sports radio in favor of podcasts. Best sports decision I've made in a while. Check out the Stewart Mandel and Bruce Feldman's podcast.

BigD94

Just heard the whole OT show will be done on August 5.
WOO PIG!

hoglady

I listened to parts of the show the other day without Matt.
It's better without him to me - but I like listening to Joe, who I just think is better to listen to, has a better voice and is better informed.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

AirWarren

I suppose they got tired of Trey. He seems to be a personality that would be difficult to get along with.

WooPig90

Quote from: BigD94 on July 21, 2016, 02:15:07 pm
Just heard the whole OT show will be done on August 5.

Yup heard them say that today in the show. Wonder why

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: WooPig90 on July 21, 2016, 03:57:20 pm
Yup heard them say that today in the show. Wonder why
Also heard the same thing.
Trey said he would still be at the Buzz, just back to doing what he was doing before, prior to the radio show.
I would assume that would apply to Joe as well, although that wasn't specifically stated.
Matt I'm sure knew about all this and quit a bit early.

When Trey announced Aug 5 would be the last show, he didn't say it with a tone of frustration or dejection in his voice. So I don't know what this is about, if the Buzz is pulling the plug on the show, or for some unrelated reason. He didn't sound unhappy about it, at least.

Trey also said that he had no idea what would be on the 1-4pm slot.

Cavtastic Voyage

If anyone working on 103.7 is making 100k I'm going to be sick. Every show is just rehashed information from national radio shows. Doesn't seem like much effort goes into there craft. Also people like gentle Ben make shows unlistenable. I hope they replace overtime by putting Rome back on. There as well to since Trey Schapp made habit of copying Rome segments and takes almost word for word.

hogwild6700

I actually enjoyed OT. I just couldn't stand Trey Schapp. He talked down to everyone who called in. Granted there were some idiots who didn't need to be calling in but they are your listeners. The show doesn't happen without then. I know I'm not alone in that. I wonder if OT going off the air entirely had something to do with the negative feedback concerning Trey.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogwild6700 on July 25, 2016, 10:58:50 pm
I actually enjoyed OT. I just couldn't stand Trey Schapp. He talked down to everyone who called in. Granted there were some idiots who didn't need to be calling in but they are your listeners. The show doesn't happen without then. I know I'm not alone in that. I wonder if OT going off the air entirely had something to do with the negative feedback concerning Trey.

Lol wait, what did I miss?  No more OT?

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Karma on July 21, 2016, 12:55:46 pm
About 2 years ago I gave up local sports radio in favor of podcasts. Best sports decision I've made in a while. Check out the Stewart Mandel and Bruce Feldman's podcast.
Same here except I listen to John Nabors show when he has Mike and Dudley on and Bo's show if he has some interesting guests on.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hogwild6700

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 25, 2016, 11:00:09 pm

Correct. Last day is August 1st I believe.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

Hogeration

Quote from: Mike Irwin on July 16, 2016, 09:34:00 pm
Rainwater makes close to that.
I've listened to Tommy since Magic 105.  He has implied that he made around that $100k figure there but not that much at the Buzz.  That was at the beginning of his career at the Buzz so he may be getting back up there now.  At magic, he rarely did spots for anyone.  He does a ton of spots now.  I'm sure Mike knows more about this than me but I would imagine you make more if you do spot ads.

I really hope they bring back Bo but at least I can pick him up online or the small PB station.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on June 12, 2016, 11:54:45 am
These numbers aren't even close to being accurate... And You are an idiot for posting something as FACT that is NOT even close to reality.

I see you've met ol westside. ;D
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

How in the H E double L has Tommy Smith even been allowed to remain on the radio this long? his schtick is sooooo old, and soooo bad, and soooo outdated its got to be embarrassing to "most" Arkansans, that is, if you have any sign of brain matter, and to top it off, there are these strange sidekicks Roger S and a couple of others that seem to think Tommy has hung the moon. They are just as ridiculous as he is. Bazzle seems to be a good speaker and knows how to take the high road when he "HAS" to.
Matt Jones is terrible. PERIOD. Should have never been hired.

Randy Rainwater is still trying to figure out what a "hymen" is. and he makes twice as much money as me? What an idiot.

hawgmasta

Quote from: HOGGISHABOUTAR on July 26, 2016, 07:35:04 pm
Randy Rainwater is still trying to figure out what a "hymen" is. and he makes twice as much money as me? What an idiot.

Say what? Everybody knows Roth Hymen got in Fredos ear.

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on July 26, 2016, 07:25:24 pm
I see you've met ol westside. ;D

Yes Sir... Not a fan of that dolt. 😂👍🏻

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: onebadrubi on July 25, 2016, 11:00:09 pm

Yeah OT is supposedly cancelled with its last day being August 5th (or possibly 1st as some has stated in this thread). I wonder what happened......my guess is that it was cancelled due to poor ratings as well as problems with Matt and Trey. It seemed like those 2 just didn't work well together, with Trey not being well liked by listeners and Matt having a "whatever" attitude about the entire show. It just wasn't a recipe for success.

Im with those that say to bring Bo Mattingly back. He has the best show in the state by far, although he is a complete Razorback homer and rarely if ever has anything critical to say about the program, even when it should be. However, he is far and away better than everyone else.

For those wondering, south of little rock from about Bryant southward you can get Bo's show on 96.3 out of Hot Springs. After that I switch to 99.7 and I can get it spotty, not sure where that station is out of though. I think 93.7 also has it, but I can rarely get it. There is a station in Harrison--yes Harrison-- that I can get when the weather is right in Little Rock, I believe it is 104.3. This is all from memory for what its worth. Could be wrong.

onebadrubi

Quote from: CFB_Fanatic on July 27, 2016, 01:06:07 am
Yeah OT is supposedly cancelled with its last day being August 5th (or possibly 1st as some has stated in this thread). I wonder what happened......my guess is that it was cancelled due to poor ratings as well as problems with Matt and Trey. It seemed like those 2 just didn't work well together, with Trey not being well liked by listeners and Matt having a "whatever" attitude about the entire show. It just wasn't a recipe for success.

Im with those that say to bring Bo Mattingly back. He has the best show in the state by far, although he is a complete Razorback homer and rarely if ever has anything critical to say about the program, even when it should be. However, he is far and away better than everyone else.

For those wondering, south of little rock from about Bryant southward you can get Bo's show on 96.3 out of Hot Springs. After that I switch to 99.7 and I can get it spotty, not sure where that station is out of though. I think 93.7 also has it, but I can rarely get it. There is a station in Harrison--yes Harrison-- that I can get when the weather is right in Little Rock, I believe it is 104.3. This is all from memory for what its worth. Could be wrong.

I'm not sure Bo is a razorback homer.  Bo wants to be Finebaum, he is using the Razorbacks as his springboard to get there so he hopes.  He is speaking out of both sides of his mouth so to say, he is trying to please any razorback personnel (Long,  Beliema, etc) while drawing in a fan base.  I highly doubt you will find him go truly against any coach and stick to it longer than a show, maybe two shows.  It just doesn't fit his agenda or vision.  I personally don't think Bo has any love for the razorbacks for any more reason than they are the sole reason he has a paycheck. 

Dr. Starcs

Did bo graduate from Florida?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Personally not a fan of Bo. When he was on the buzz previously, he seemed like a Hog homer and since his move has become a yes man for the university
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

hobhog

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on July 27, 2016, 11:22:12 am
Personally not a fan of Bo. When he was on the buzz previously, he seemed like a Hog homer and since his move has become a yes man for the university

He has the best guests, both statewide and nationally. I don't care if he is a homer or not (I remember when he was new to the state people hated him because we WASN'T a homer) he has the most informative show on radio. Little cocky, yes, but wish we could get better reception on his show here in central LR.

Matt Burks

Quote from: hobhog on July 27, 2016, 02:59:48 pm
He has the best guests, both statewide and nationally. I don't care if he is a homer or not (I remember when he was new to the state people hated him because we WASN'T a homer) he has the most informative show on radio. Little cocky, yes, but wish we could get better reception on his show here in central LR.

As a former radio broadcaster, I have a lot of respect for Bo Mattingly. He puts a lot of work into each broadcast, from what he talks about, to guest callers, to all of his pre-recorded bits. Not all of his bits are gold, but it's always better than hearing off-the-cuff/unprepared conversations from three people at once that often is just drivel that I hear too often on the Buzz shows.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Matt Burks on July 27, 2016, 03:19:15 pm
As a former radio broadcaster, I have a lot of respect for Bo Mattingly. He puts a lot of work into each broadcast, from what he talks about, to guest callers, to all of his pre-recorded bits. Not all of his bits are gold, but it's always better than hearing off-the-cuff/unprepared conversations from three people at once that often is just drivel that I hear too often on the Buzz shows.

I'm not a BO fan but I would have to agree with this.  I don't hate bo but I certainly hate the morning show at the Buzz because it defines unprepared guys seeing how many can talk into the microphone at once.

ricepig