Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Devwah Whaley is overrated!

Started by Doug, May 20, 2016, 12:41:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug

No, not really...

I just wanted to take a few minutes and put out a public post, directed at Uncle Terry, to thank him for keeping us in the loop with not only the awards Devwah's been nominated for, but keeping us all in the loop with everything else. He's certainly helped contribute to the building excitement that will be our running game.

I'm really excited to see what Devwah can do.... plus, I'm hoping that we'll all get to see him catch an incredible pass at one time or another. I want to see him as a potential candidate for one of the awards I'm on the National Selection Committee for.

That being said, if you're on Twitter, give Uncle Terry and Devwah a follow.

Terry, keep on rocking, as you have been, bruh. Hogville and all hardcore Hogvillians thank you for it! :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

BigSexyHog

Already a fan favorite and Devwah will be one to :)
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

flagstaffhog

Go HOGS Go!

hogcard1964

Really looking forward to seeing him.

Woo Pig!

Terryproy

I'll keep y'all updated. He's getting ready to graduate with a 3.7 GPA on June 4th, now that's something to brag a lot.

BPsTheMan

congrats Uncle Terry

welcome to the Razorback Family sir

Maddhog

Quote from: Terryproy on May 21, 2016, 01:57:58 pm
I'll keep y'all updated. He's getting ready to graduate with a 3.7 GPA on June 4th, now that's something to brag a lot.

Good for him! 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

dh027

Can't wait to see what he can do.  We both went to the same high school in Texas (Beaumont Central), although I had a 25 year head start.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Smart young man, great athlete......receipt for success.... :razorback:
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

HogimusMaximus

That is great, what is he majoring in?

Steef

TDHawgs

Uncommon!!  That's what he is!! Thanks Uncle Terry!!

HogMantheIntruder

Wow. I knew he didn't have any academic issues, but I did not know he was a scholar. So along with freakish athletic ability, he also has a great work ethic, his priorities straight, and he shouldn't have any problems learning the playbook. My excitement level just went up a notch!

P.S. Nice click bait, Doug.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Terryproy

Quote from: Doug on May 20, 2016, 12:41:49 pm
No, not really...

I just wanted to take a few minutes and put out a public post, directed at Uncle Terry, to thank him for keeping us in the loop with not only the awards Devwah's been nominated for, but keeping us all in the loop with everything else. He's certainly helped contribute to the building excitement that will be our running game.

I'm really excited to see what Devwah can do.... plus, I'm hoping that we'll all get to see him catch an incredible pass at one time or another. I want to see him as a potential candidate for one of the awards I'm on the National Selection Committee for.

That being said, if you're on Twitter, give Uncle Terry and Devwah a follow.

Terry, keep on rocking, as you have been, bruh. Hogville and all hardcore Hogvillians thank you for it! :)
I'm more excited than all of you combined. Hoping he has a great academic and injury free year.

Terryproy

Quote from: HogimusMaximus on May 21, 2016, 04:12:02 pm
That is great, what is he majoring in?
I'm not sure if he settled on a major . It was sports management and kinesiology.

hoglady

Sure is!!
Ya'll must be really, really proud of him.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Arkamedes

Congratulations, Uncle Terry! Your nephew is going to accomplish great things in life and we're going to be right there with you supporting him all along the way. Woo Pig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

Doug

Quote from: Poppa TartP.S. Nice click bait, Doug.
Hah!

It wasn't *complete* click bait. The topic preview (hovering your mouse over the topic link one page back) wasn't altered/masked, as I've been known to do in the past.  Attention getting? Absolutely.

Hogville has been honored, several times, by having parents, siblings or other very close relatives of current (and former) players... without providing any info of stuff they shouldn't, they've been able to allow Hogvillians to remain involved with that player. Ben Cleveland's Mom, Beck Campbell (whether you agree with her or not (and let's not stray off topic here), and a few others... their presence on Hogville has been incredibly awesome for the rest of us.

They've all allowed us to almost live vicariously through their interactions here.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Doug on May 22, 2016, 06:09:36 am
Hah!

It wasn't *complete* click bait. The topic preview (hovering your mouse over the topic link one page back) wasn't altered/masked, as I've been known to do in the past.  Attention getting? Absolutely.

Hogville has been honored, several times, by having parents, siblings or other very close relatives of current (and former) players... without providing any info of stuff they shouldn't, they've been able to allow Hogvillians to remain involved with that player. Ben Cleveland's Mom, Beck Campbell (whether you agree with her or not (and let's not stray off topic here), and a few others... their presence on Hogville has been incredibly awesome for the rest of us.

They've all allowed us to almost live vicariously through their interactions here.

If my kid were a Hog I'm not sure I could be on Hogville during the season. You know how we get some morons on here speaking crap about players. As a parent I probably would come unglued.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

Mike_e

Quote from: ChitownHawg on May 22, 2016, 08:00:36 am
If my kid were a Hog I'm not sure I could be on Hogville during the season. You know how we get some morons on here speaking crap about players. As a parent I probably would come unglued.

True Dat!
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/737363519813869570

QuoteWhaley isn't worried about expectations, telling SEC Country, "I'm just gonna go in and work hard and try not to let a lot of the pressure build up. If I just do what I'm supposed to and work hard, everything should fall into place."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

1highhog

Quote from: dh027 on May 21, 2016, 03:32:45 pm
Can't wait to see what he can do.  We both went to the same high school in Texas (Beaumont Central), although I had a 25 year head start.

Did he catch up to you?

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/739787776154054656

QuoteArkansas running back Devwah Whaley

The nation's No. 3-ranked running back is thick enough — 6-foot, 205 pounds — to be productive between the tackles, but it's his nimble feet and a 4.4 40-yard-dash time that have coaches excited.

...count on hearing Whaley's name early in the SEC Freshman of the Year race.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

NEA_HogFan

Fatty McGee

It's preseason. They're all overrated.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

jbcarol

trashcan maN

Time to watch his highlight reel and get excited all over again.

widespreadsooie

Really excited to see Devwah this season, I have no doubt he'll back up what I've been telling some people in my family who don't follow recruiting.

RazorBassin

Running game won't miss a beat this year, Razorback are going to surprise a few teams!

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: jbcarol on July 19, 2016, 06:00:41 pm
https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/755403869576957952

From the article...

Bielema also shared that Whaley recently approached him about switching rooms because his roommates weren't serious enough. 

That pisses me off.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 20, 2016, 12:23:28 pm
From the article...

Bielema also shared that Whaley recently approached him about switching rooms because his roommates weren't serious enough. 

That pisses me off.

Why does that piss you off?

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 20, 2016, 12:25:25 pm
Why does that piss you off?

Why shouldn't it? Requesting a room change suggests he is surrounded by a bunch of clowns.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on July 20, 2016, 12:31:38 pm
Why shouldn't it? Requesting a room change suggests he is surrounded by a bunch of clowns.

Oh, I thought you were upset at the fact he asked to move rooms. I wouldn't worry about it, seriousness is subjective. It sounds like he may be a bit mature beyond his years.

The_Iceman

Reading all the great posts on Hogville when you see this thread topic:

lumphog

311Hog

I just Devwah at the Union Chick-flia !  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:  he had 10 to 12 packages of chickflia sauce ....

The_Iceman

Quote from: 311Hog on July 20, 2016, 01:54:18 pm
I just Devwah at the Union Chick-flia !  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:  he had 10 to 12 packages of chickflia sauce ....

Stashin' those babies for later!

ricepig

Quote from: 311Hog on July 20, 2016, 01:54:18 pm

Isn't he suppose to be eating at the SAC, lol......

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: trashcan maN on July 19, 2016, 06:49:03 pm
Time to watch his highlight reel and get excited all over again.
I've watched several of his highlight reels myself. The one thing that stands out, at least to me, is how when he breaks it into the second level of the defense, he runs a straight line to the end zone. Some backs like Alex Collins could break it into the second level but would invariably get caught from behind. Let me say this and with the utmost confidence, if Devwah gets two steps on anyone, they will not catch him. Devwah maintains over drive all the way to the goal line where Collins and even sometimes McFadden slowed a bit the last 30 yards. This kid is as fast as we've ever had toting the ball. Devwah, before he leaves, will take us to Atlanta and we will win our first SEC football championship. Devwah and Sosa will finally not only kick the door in to the SEC championship, but knock the SOB off it's hinges. And yes, I am pumped !
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Terryproy

Y'all ready for overrated ?  :razorback: :razorback:

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PonderinHog

July 20, 2016, 08:14:47 pm #41 Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:45:45 pm by PonderinHog

The Great Hambino

Yea, he's overrated. He's only going to win the heisman as a junior, just edged out his sophomore year by some qb, you fools!

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on July 20, 2016, 02:17:31 pm
I've watched several of his highlight reels myself. The one thing that stands out, at least to me, is how when he breaks it into the second level of the defense, he runs a straight line to the end zone. Some backs like Alex Collins could break it into the second level but would invariably get caught from behind. Let me say this and with the utmost confidence, if Devwah gets two steps on anyone, they will not catch him. Devwah maintains over drive all the way to the goal line where Collins and even sometimes McFadden slowed a bit the last 30 yards. This kid is as fast as we've ever had toting the ball. Devwah, before he leaves, will take us to Atlanta and we will win our first SEC football championship. Devwah and Sosa will finally not only kick the door in to the SEC championship, but knock the SOB off it's hinges. And yes, I am pumped !

"Good answer.
Good answer.
I like the way you think.
I'm going to be watching you."
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

mightybulldogs12

I am so ready for foot ball to start. 

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

DeltaBoy

He is a great looking young man.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

10 SEC freshmen who will contribute right away

QuoteRB Devwah Whaley, Arkansas

Arkansas boasts one of the great rushing offenses in college football, and Whaley could be the next star. The Razorbacks lost running backs Alex Collins and Jonathan Williams to the NFL. That likely will provide an opportunity for Whaley. As a senior at Beaumont (Texas) Central, he ran for 1,701 yards and 23 touchdowns...

RebelW

From what I hear, he never had one negative yard during high school

jbcarol