Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What did you grill/Smoke this week???

Started by BR, July 15, 2012, 08:42:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zane

RIP LSUfan

cosmodrum

Quote from: PharmacistHog on January 11, 2015, 04:15:15 pm
Last he told me it was gonna be wednesday. I'm just gonna meet him in conway.

I think you're meeting at my place lol
Go away, batin'

cosmodrum

Quote from: zane on January 11, 2015, 05:11:42 pm
Oh dayum

Cured in black pepper, salt, brown sugar, coconut sugar, grade a male syrup, a little sodium nitrite and water for a wet cure. Smoked for about 3 hours with apple wood (wanted maple, but didn't find it). Let it get cold again overnight. Sliced it, fried it, ate it, got a boner.
Go away, batin'

zane

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 11, 2015, 05:28:53 pm
Cured in black pepper, salt, brown sugar, coconut sugar, grade a male syrup, a little sodium nitrite and water for a wet cure. Smoked for about 3 hours with apple wood (wanted maple, but didn't find it). Let it get cold again overnight. Sliced it, fried it, ate it, got a boner.

I have a solid semi just looking at it
RIP LSUfan

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

PharmacistHog

Alright Cosmo, we are all on standby for some big green egg food. 
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

BR

Getting supper ready. Steaks, cheesy sweet corn, blue cheese/bacon twice baked, jerk shrimp. Plus Blue Cheese/Bacon steak butter..
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

Boarcephus

You eat well!

BTW, think I've solved my oyster problem.  Found a guy who makes runs down to the gulf and brings fresh seafood back.  He brings oysters back by the 30-35 pound box so I should be good to go. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

ldfergu

Rookie smoker here.  I bought the Brinkman Trailmaster offset smoker about 10 days ago and have done a couple racks of ribs (baby back & stl) and a boston butt that we made pulled pork out of.  Everything so far has turned out pretty dang good for a rookie.  Still learning as I go but I think it is quickly becoming a new hobby for me

DeltaBoy

Chicken, Brats, Hot dogs, some Steaks.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DeltaBoy

Last Sat cooked Hot Dogs and Burgers for 150 folks at our HS Band parent meeting.

This Friday I'm cooking hot dogs for 130 band kids.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

DeltaBoy

DeltaBoy

Albertsons Blue Ribbon Center Cut Thick Pork Chops.   Fiesta brand Southwest Seasoning and a dusting of Old Bay , Let them set in the refrigerator for 6 hours and cooked them hot and fast.   YUM YUM. 

BR

Some Beef Filet with Blue Cheese Butter, OMG freaking awesome.... Med Rare, with some Jerk Shrimp on the side...

BR

Throwdown I cooked for family day after Father in Law died in Washington State... Them people can cook fish, don't know damn about a smoker...

BR

PorkRinds

theFlyingHog

I just fired up the grill to burn a bunch of mesquite and apple down to coals before I cook bacon-wrapped duck and goose breast over it

BR

SPAL

My Christmas eve butt.

Smoking a turkey tomorrow.

BR

We are almost ready for our annual Christmas Eve Tiki Bar opening .. Ribs, Shrimp, Chicken, Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies, Mississippi Mud Roast and BR's Famous Baked Beans. Plus Restocked on a few items in the Bar, can't wait to see our family and friends that stop in... Little Fire Pit ready, Beer on ice, Tequila in Freezer, checking my list Twice...

PharmacistHog

I smoked half of a 13lb strip loin yesterday for Christmas with wifes family. Just smoked it real low like a prime rib. Turned out great but failed to get any pictures. Still got another half to cook so I'll try to get pics this go around. Hope everybody has great Christmas and cooks up some great food.

BR

BR

Getting after some great Ribs right now..

theFlyingHog

Just lit the fire. Got a couple 9lb briskets. Can't believe how steep prices are

DeltaBoy

5 pounds of Chicken Breast soaked over night in Italian Dressing with some Atkins Fajita Seasoning. 
Used soaked Pecan branches with Kingsford.

Did it Sat after Christmas and it was all gone bu Sunday night.

I finally cleaned up my Weber good and put it in the Barn for Winter.   The Coleman Road Trip is on Standby.

BR

Getting ready for kids and grandkids later. Basketball all day on TV.. BR's Baked Beans, BR's Bacon Mac & Cheese going in smoker soon. Will grill up some Shrimp and throw Riblets in smoker..  Plus got some Sweet corn from last years garden also...

Boarcephus

Went simple today.  Strolling thru Sam's and came across these.  Pretty easy decision.  ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: BR on March 19, 2016, 11:08:22 am
Getting ready for kids and grandkids later. Basketball all day on TV.. BR's Baked Beans, BR's Bacon Mac & Cheese going in smoker soon. Will grill up some Shrimp and throw Riblets in smoker..  Plus got some Sweet corn from last years garden also...
good god, all that looks beautiful

PP

ImHogginIt

Grilled me, the wife and daughter each a 16 oz ribeye just now. Here is mine... perfect medium

DeltaBoy

Pulled out the Weber this weekend and I hope to fire it up tonight since we got a family pack of pork chops in the refrigerator defrosting. 

DeltaBoy

Then do to the Spring storms since Spring Break the Weber back in the barn.

DeltaBoy

Got it out last week washed it up good and set it up now I need the rain to stop.

kibster

Found a deal I couldn't pass up on a new BGE, so I have been playing with it the last two weeks.  Last night was grilled pork chops, okra, and cabbage. 
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Boarcephus

Quote from: kibster on May 03, 2016, 08:49:14 am
Found a deal I couldn't pass up on a new BGE, so I have been playing with it the last two weeks.  Last night was grilled pork chops, okra, and cabbage. 

Congrats on becoming an egghead!  There is a learning curve for sure.  Out of curiosity, how big did you go and how much did you pay?  I've had mine a few years and seems like the Large BGE and the 4 foot table ran me around $1300. 

kibster

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 03, 2016, 03:52:40 pm
Congrats on becoming an egghead!  There is a learning curve for sure.  Out of curiosity, how big did you go and how much did you pay?  I've had mine a few years and seems like the Large BGE and the 4 foot table ran me around $1300. 

Large BGE with a nest.  BRAND NEW.  Some pieces still in the box.  Was given to the guy as a gift, but didn't really have use/room for it, so he posted it on his employer message board.  My wife works there and saw it and forwarded it to me (so I took that as an implicit OK to buy it).   $500!

Tonight I will be cooking Brats and corn on it.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

PorkRinds

Quote from: kibster on May 03, 2016, 04:01:12 pm
Large BGE with a nest.  BRAND NEW.  Some pieces still in the box.  Was given to the guy as a gift, but didn't really have use/room for it, so he posted it on his employer message board.  My wife works there and saw it and forwarded it to me (so I took that as an implicit OK to buy it).   $500!

That's a friggin steal.

Boarcephus

Quote from: kibster on May 03, 2016, 04:01:12 pm

My man, that's a helluva deal!  Can't pass on that.  Been a while since I've looked but I think a large BGE is probably north of $800 these days.  You'll have fun with it.  If you plan on doing much high heat cooking, get you a pair of leather gloves that get up close to the elbow.  Those BGE's will bite you if you're not careful 

LSUFan

I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

PorkRinds

And always burp that baby before you open the lid fully. Unless you enjoy backdrafts taking out your arm hairs and eyebrows.

kibster

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 03, 2016, 09:39:12 pm
And always burp that baby before you open the lid fully. Unless you enjoy backdrafts taking out your arm hairs and eyebrows.

Already learned that lesson...   Luckily I had already given it a baby burp before I opened it all the way.  Casualty count: All the hair on my left arm.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: kibster on May 04, 2016, 07:56:11 am
Already learned that lesson...   Luckily I had already given it a baby burp before I opened it all the way.  Casualty count: All the hair on my left arm.

If you still have eyebrows thats not even worth mentioning.

DeltaBoy

We grilled up these with some Yellow Onion and Green Bell Pepper.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/singletree-farms-original-sausage/966075

kibster

Saturday I grilled a bone-in pork loin, carrots, and bread.
Yesterday I grilled burgers, carrots, corn, and bread.

Boarcephus

Here you go DeltaBoy.  Grilled these marinated chicken thighs yesterday and thought of you!  ;)

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 30, 2016, 04:59:00 pm
Here you go DeltaBoy.  Grilled these marinated chicken thighs yesterday and thought of you!  ;)
You sure can't tell that you use that egg at all, can you?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hog_Swanson on June 02, 2016, 04:30:56 pm
You sure can't tell that you use that egg at all, can you?

We wear that mother out!   

PharmacistHog

Boarcephus

Quote from: PharmacistHog on June 02, 2016, 06:32:59 pm
Is that your original gasket?

It is.  I need to change it out and flat haven't done it.  Anymore I don't do a lot of high heat or super long cooks so it works fine.  One of these days I'll get to it.