Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6'5" 2021 Bentonville High Maryam Dauda

Started by brs_hogfan, January 06, 2018, 01:40:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brs_hogfan

Saw this freshman play last night. She is going to be a star. Coach should get after her in a hurry. She is 6'5" (or 6'4" depending where you look) and is an excellent athlete. Although she is inconsistent with her shot presently, you can tell she is going to get there on shooting. She had a nice form and touch when not too rushed.

We all would like to see success before 2021 but I am looking at the possibility of a big class coming in for 2020 including a couple of exceptional wings and thinking if we added a star post in 2021 like I believe this girl is going to be and we would have real championship potential.

Keep an eye on her.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: brs_hogfan on January 06, 2018, 01:40:59 pm
Saw this freshman play last night. She is going to be a star. Coach should get after her in a hurry. She is 6'5" (or 6'4" depending where you look) and is an excellent athlete. Although she is inconsistent with her shot presently, you can tell she is going to get there on shooting. She had a nice form and touch when not too rushed.

We all would like to see success before 2021 but I am looking at the possibility of a big class coming in for 2020 including a couple of exceptional wings and thinking if we added a star post in 2021 like I believe this girl is going to be and we would have real championship potential.

Keep an eye on her.
I agree with you.  I was there last night.  She is very raw but does a lot of things right.  She keeps the ball up high when she gets an entry pass, she can drive from the top of the key or shoot a jump shot.  She has excellent form on her shooting including having the ball do high instead of flat.  She already is a good free throw shooter.  She blocked several shots last night.  I was disappointed in that I did not see any coach there as they were playing Fayetteville which has two Arkansas recruits.  Gorforth was clearly the best player on the floor scoring 27 points while being the best defensive player on the floor.  Dauda is not done growing from my opinion and she also needs to put on some weight and get stronger.  Hopefully, Bentonville coaches will know how to help her reach her potential.

LadybackBBFan

I can not find anything on the internet about her so I believe she is currently flying under the radar.  She probably has not played any AAU ball.  We need to make sure that coach becomes aware of her.  If anyone can find information on her, please post it on here.

brs_hogfan

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on January 06, 2018, 03:06:25 pm
I can not find anything on the internet about her so I believe she is currently flying under the radar.  She probably has not played any AAU ball.  We need to make sure that coach becomes aware of her.  If anyone can find information on her, please post it on here.

She play for Missouri Phenom AAU (http://www.mophenom.com/pages/Sug and https://passthaball.com/2017/05/11/2017-boo-williams-final-recap/)

But I agree that she is presently under the radar. I am fairly tuned in and it was a big surprise to me to see her last night.

LadybackBBFan

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

January 06, 2018, 09:27:11 pm #6 Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 05:09:51 am by flippinhogmana
i doubt she will be off the radar screen long.

Here is a link to Hudl (she is in all the clips) but some feature her - mostly her blocks, she is lean and long, an athletic defender.  I dont think they work on her offensive game much.  If you click on her name at the top of the page it will bring up clips that focus on her in 3, 3, 7 and 8 blocked shot games.  As I said the clips dont show her offense much and her pts stats arent that high but you can see that she is very athletic.  She has hardly scratched the surface yet.  I would love to see what MN and the staff could do with her and her life.

https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/102320
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

tbailey

She was a soccer player just up until a few years ago! I seen her play her first year and every year since. She gets progressively better every year! She is going to be all world by the time shes a senior!

jackflash

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: jackflash on January 07, 2018, 06:59:03 pm
she 6-5 I would offer her now
There is a lot to be said for being the first to offer someone.

LadybackBBFan

I am confident that the staff is aware of her.  Hopefully, Richard Davenport will know if and when we offer her.

flippinhogmana

January 13, 2018, 07:34:13 am #11 Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:31:59 pm by flippinhogmana
I have seen clips of Maryam from last week against Fayetteville who is as dominant a team as you will find in the state.  She scored 12 points (remember she is a freshman), had a number of blocks and steals.  I have been told that the Fayetteville coaches say she has a nice little shot too, and that they don't look forward to playing her for three more years.

She runs the floor well too.  Her game clips against Fayettevile are the fourth clip down from the top.

http://www.hudl.com/profiles/feed-user/3-10222834

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 13, 2018, 07:34:13 am
I have seen clips of Maryam from last week against Fayetteville who is as dominant a team as you will find in the state.  She scored 12 points (remember she is a freshman), had a number of blocks and steals.  I have been told that the Fayetteville coaches say she has a nice little shot too, and that they don't look forward to playing her for three more years.

She runs the floor well too. 
I was at the game and agree with everything that you said.  She does have a nice shot and can put the ball on the floor.

flippinhogmana

I have watched quite a few clips of Maryam now (including her latest game with seven blocks, 14 boards, 2pts).  The fact that she can affect the game in several ways is significant.  She still has a ways to go, but I am impressed with the fact that she can handle the ball if she has to.  But more importantly, a lot of the time she blocks a shot, she blocks it in such a way that she usually winds up to it.  It more or less translates to a steal.  There are a lot of shot blockers out there, but it is not so often that many of them also wind up with the ball.

But this is still HS, and she is just a freshman.  As I said she has a long way to go.  She plays in a guard orientated offense that shoots a lot of threes and where her guards score a lot in transition so her lost post offense production isn't often required.  That might hurt her development in that area.  Still, the young lady has major game already and she is apt to get better.

logic

You can't teach 6'5" but 6'5" does not make an SEC basketball player. I'm certain Mike Neighbors knows about her.  If she is any good, he will recruit her.

LadybackBBFan

flippinhogmana

new hudl vid, triple double (13 blocks), you are going to like what you see

flippinhogmana

btw, I think coach Neighbors might have just a little bit of edge with the Bentonville coaching staff.  I believe he did student teaching (and later taught and coached) at Bentonville.

brs_hogfan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 25, 2018, 11:35:19 pm

new hudl vid, triple double (13 blocks), you are going to like what you see

That's impressive to be sure although probably need to add the caveat that Rogers Heritage is the worst team by far in the 7A West conference so stats can be a little inflated against them.

LadybackBBFan

Dauda looked like Wilson playing against Arkansas last night.

flippinhogmana

brs_hogfan

January 27, 2018, 07:02:31 am #21 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:39:15 am by brs_hogfan
"Freshman Maryam Dauda scored 18 points and became Bentonville’s career leader in blocked shots as the Lady Tigers rolled to a win in Wolverine Arena.

Dauda picked up her 97th blocked shot midway through the first quarter and surpassed Julia Garrard, who had 96 over two seasons. She also hit her first career 3-point with 1 minute before halftime."

Career leader in blocked shots! 18 pts. First 3-pointer. Getting interesting.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: brs_hogfan on January 27, 2018, 07:02:31 am
"BENTONVILLE WEST 46

Freshman Maryam Dauda scored 18 points and became Bentonville's career leader in blocked shots as the Lady Tigers rolled to a win in Wolverine Arena.

Dauda picked up her 97th blocked shot midway through the first quarter and surpassed Julia Garrard, who had 96 over two seasons. She also hit her first career 3-point with 1 minute before halftime."

Career leader in blocked shots! 18 pts. First 3-pointer. Getting interesting.

I note you also mentioned an important point!  She is the career leader in blocked shots HALFWAY THROUGH HER FRESHMEN YEAR!

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 27, 2018, 08:56:02 am
I note you also mentioned an important point!  She is the career leader in blocked shots HALFWAY THROUGH HER FRESHMEN YEAR!
I remember another player who was a career leader at her school for points as a freshman.  She was from Naperville Central.  Name - Candace Parker!  Gary Blair ignored me when I told him about her.  I hope Arkansas does not repeat that mistake.

LadybackBBFan

I saw her play last night against Springdale and Marquesha Davis who is a good prospect.  This is the first time that I have seen Davis.  Davis who is 6' or 6' 1" got the opening tip, but Dauda got her revenge when she blocked Davis's first shot.  Dauda had a great first quarter and a half when she had 11 points including one 3 point shot, several blocks and rebounds.  Foul trouble impacted her game later.  However, her presence in the paint on defense definitely impacted Springdale as they had a hard time scoring.  Davis who is the leading scorer in the 7A west conference with 26 points/game was held to 12 points.  She definitely showed me that she is a team player and a good college prospect.  The best part of Dauda's current game is her defense and she has great form as a shooter.  Needs improvement on getting open in the post and developing post moves.  However, as a freshman she has plenty of time to develop those moves.  If I was a college coach, she would already have an offer from me. 

flippinhogmana

I agree.  You see the same things that are self evident in the clips.  Its always nice to see it in person though.

ladybackfan

Watching her play at Fayetteville now.  Going to have to muscle her up but the good.thing is she has 3 1/2 years to get there

flippinhogmana

she will muscle up for somebody, I just hope it is us.  She has really big feet I am told, so she will grow into them.  I just keep in mind that she is only a freshman, she might even grow just a bit more.  But in any regard, she will improve a great deal in the next three years, especially in strength.

Come on over Maryam!  Be a hog!

LadybackBBFan

I am told by someone who goes to all their games that she has really improved all year.  That is encouraging.

ladybackfan

ladybackfan

Goforth had 2 fouls 0 points. Both of them did good the 2nd half though.  Beck did best out of the 3 of them.

logic

Whatever, I wouldn't count on her playing for the Razorbacks. Unlike the men, slightly more often then not, really good women BB players play out of state. However, that is not a that much of a problem since it allows Neighbors to recruit nationally.

LadybackBBFan

Yes, a few really good players have gone out of state to play for top programs like Connecticut, Tennessee and Oklahoma.  However, we have kept Shemaka Christian, Ruby Vaden (at least for 2 years), Melissa Wolf (player of the year in Arkansas), Sarah Pflier, and yes even Jordon Danberry (for 1 1/2 years and two time state player of the year).  So it is not a foregone conclusion that we will loose a player who has height and loads of potential, but is not a sure fire top pick of top teams.  I do not know if she has even one offer at this stage so I think we should have as good of chance as anyone.  The only concern that I have is that she plays for a club team out of Missouri.  I would like to see us the first to offer her.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on February 05, 2018, 10:02:24 am
Yes, a few really good players have gone out of state to play for top programs like Connecticut, Tennessee and Oklahoma.  However, we have kept Shemaka Christian, Ruby Vaden (at least for 2 years), Melissa Wolf (player of the year in Arkansas), Sarah Pflier, and yes even Jordon Danberry (for 1 1/2 years and two time state player of the year).  So it is not a foregone conclusion that we will loose a player who has height and loads of potential, but is not a sure fire top pick of top teams.  I do not know if she has even one offer at this stage so I think we should have as good of chance as anyone.  The only concern that I have is that she plays for a club team out of Missouri.  I would like to see us the first to offer her.
We were the first to offer the latest departed top Arkansas player (who went to UConn), but it certainly doesnt hurt to be the first to offer.  If it doesnt make a whole lot of difference to the player (and I hope it would) I think it makes a difference to her parents and those around her.  I too hope we are the first to offer her, bring her to our camps and help in her growth and training.

flippinhogmana

last game against FHS, apparently she shoots a three or two a game now

her clip, which is short, is the second one down

flippinhogmana

March 07, 2018, 10:38:03 am #35 Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 03:30:22 pm by flippinhogmana

Maryam continues to improve.  She shows more movement around the basket and more range in her shots.  Granted it was against a weak team, but a double double and several blocks is still a good game for a freshman.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 27, 2018, 08:56:02 am

haha, wow, congrats to her

she should graduate an entire year early and play for the Hogs by 2020