Sophomores in a close game
15 (25%)
Freshmen in a close game
9 (15%)
Too close to call
9 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 60

The_Bionic_Pig

March 05, 2018, 04:36:37 pm Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 04:52:55 pm by The_Bionic_Pig
Sophomores:

(PG) Jalen Harris
(SG) Khalil Garland
(SF) Darious Hall
(PF) Gabe Osabuohien
(C) Daniel Gafford

Freshmen:

(PG) Desi Sills
(SG) Keyshawn Embrey/Isaiah Joe
(SF) Jordan Phillips
(PF) Ethan Henderson
(C) Reggie Chaney

In my opinion Chaney would bully both Gafford & Osabuohien in the interior.

6'4 Isaiah Joe is a elite 3pt shooter but Khalil at 6'7 would give him some problems.

Desi is a pick pocket and the only one I can envision guarding Jalen Harris in the open floor one on one but once a switch happens he is a PROBLEM.

6'7 Jordan can legit play 1-4 at 6'7 fortunately Day-Day has a quick step w/ a long wingspan.

Ethan Henderson is lob city if Gafford is caught outside the paint.

Freshmen easily win this matchup!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jbhogfan4

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 05, 2018, 04:36:37 pm
Sophomores:

(PG) Jalen Harris
(SG) Khalil Garland
(SF) Darious Hall
(PF) Gabe Osabuohien
(C) Daniel Gafford

Freshmen:

(PG) Desi Sills
(SF) Jordan Phillips
(PF) Ethan Henderson
(C) Reggie Chaney

I obviously have no idea what Gafford is gonna do, but if he's projected near the lottery (like he currently is) there is no reason for him to stay here. I don't think Garland gets cleared either. So when you count them out, I say the freshman unfortunately

mbgrulz

Sophomores:

(PG) Jalen Harris
(SG) Khalil Garland
(SF) Darious Hall
(PF) Gabe Osabuohien
(C) Daniel Gafford

Freshmen:

(PG) Desi Sills
(SF) Jordan Phillips
(PF) Ethan Henderson
(C) Reggie Chaney

I hope RC is great, but Gafford is a beast. I didnt get the impression that he'd be a bruiser in year 1.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: jbhogfan4 on March 05, 2018, 04:44:56 pm
I obviously have no idea what Gafford is gonna do, but if he's projected near the lottery (like he currently is) there is no reason for him to stay here. I don't think Garland gets cleared either. So when you count them out, I say the freshman unfortunately

I'm basing this on potential completely hypothetical + I agree with what you said concerning next season.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

cram224

I praying the freshman wins easy. If not, next year could be worse than I thought.

Willyboy

Sophomores:

(PG) Jalen Harris
(SG) Khalil Garland
(SF) Darious Hall
(PF) Gabe Osabuohien
(C) Daniel Gafford

Freshmen:

(PG) Desi Sills
(SF) Jordan Phillips
(PF) Ethan Henderson
(C) Reggie Chaney

I'm confused, Chaney is going to Mississippi State.

JoeyJackMcKaskell

Quote from: Willyboy on March 05, 2018, 09:54:54 pm
I'm confused, Chaney is going to Mississippi State.

That was Reggie Perry but I think some people are confused. I don't think Chaney is a C but Henderson most likely can play the 4 or 5.

RealHog

Gafford comes back = best frontcourt since Townes, Thomas, Hunter, Hill, and Washington mid 2000s. Dang that was a salty front court.

ballinhog

I've never seen Garland listed at 6-7 by anybody. I agree with most but just change Garlands height to 6-5 to be more realistic

Pinto

You're drunk if you think Chaney will "bully" Dan.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 05, 2018, 10:01:18 pm
That was Reggie Perry but I think some people are confused. I don't think Chaney is a C but Henderson most likely can play the 4 or 5.

your right Chaney is a 4.  I hope we do not have to play him many minutes at the 5.  Henderson is a 6'8ish but 190 lber who gets beat up in HS ball so he needs time to get some weight on him before we can expect big things from him.  Gafford gets beat up on the inside many nights in the SEC at 230 lbs.  Can you just imagine what would happen to Henderson in the paint.

Garland would be a R/S freshman next year if he is ever cleared.  I sure hope so.

labb

Henderson will not be 190lbs. when next season starts and I hope Garland is 6'7" and gets to play next season.

BannerMountainMan

If Gafford leaves, MA will get a Transfer senior big man that'll be pretty good probably, hopefully better than Willy
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: Pinto on March 06, 2018, 10:07:51 pm
You're drunk if you think Chaney will "bully" Dan.
This was my first thought as well.  Dan may not be the thickest guy out there, but it would take quite a man to bully him. 

I mean, if Chaney can come in and bully the best Freshman C in the league...then I can't wait to get Chaney on the hill.

Pinto

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on March 07, 2018, 08:27:01 am
This was my first thought as well.  Dan may not be the thickest guy out there, but it would take quite a man to bully him. 

I mean, if Chaney can come in and bully the best Freshman C in the league...then I can't wait to get Chaney on the hill.

Chaney is aggressive but Dan would win that battle more times than not. I watched an AAU game this summer and Bol Bol absolutely babied Chaney. Reggie be a very great player for our program over the next few years. I see him racking up a lot of accolades

FineAsSwine

Sophomores:

(PG) Jalen Harris
(SG) Khalil Garland
(SF) Darious Hall
(PF) Gabe Osabuohien
(C) Daniel Gafford

Freshmen:

(PG) Desi Sills
(SF) Jordan Phillips
(PF) Ethan Henderson
(C) Reggie Chaney

6'4 Isaiah Joe is a elite 3pt shooter but Khalil at 6'7 would give him some problems.

Desi is a pick pocket and the only one I can envision guarding Jalen Harris in the open floor one on one but once a switch happens he is a PROBLEM.

6'7 Jordan can legit play 1-4 at 6'7 fortunately Day-Day has a quick step w/ a long wingspan.

I don't think the freshmen would win. Gafford has been through the wars down low in the SEC plus, Hall and Osa have both been thrown into the fire. Experience and a year in the program would be the difference.

Now, if this game were played at the end of next season, maybe the freshmen could pull it off because they do have the potential to be better scorers.

razorback1829

Sophomores:

(PG) Jalen Harris
(SG) Khalil Garland
(SF) Darious Hall
(PF) Gabe Osabuohien
(C) Daniel Gafford

Freshmen:

(PG) Desi Sills
(SF) Jordan Phillips
(PF) Ethan Henderson
(C) Reggie Chaney

These freshmen we have now have been thrown into he fire. And no way Reggie Cheney bullies Dan. LOL just not happening. Cheney will be a good one, but as we have said, Dan is a special one. Fun battle though to begin. Dan is too big, too long, and too explosive for an incoming frosh Cheney.

Willyboy

Quote from: JoeyJackMcKaskell on March 05, 2018, 10:01:18 pm

Ah yes, my bad.  Part of the confusion was thinking that Chaney would bully Gafford, which wouldn't happen.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Willyboy on March 07, 2018, 02:17:16 pm
Ah yes, my bad.  Part of the confusion was thinking that Chaney would bully Gafford, which wouldn't happen.
Exactly...Watching Cheney on ESPN a couple of times this year, it seems that he will likely take a little time to become a game changer. You could just see it oozing from Gafford when he was in high school. I worried that he might be 1 & done last year after I saw him at El Dorado.