Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"...a dirty pair of coaches..."

Started by Martygit, September 27, 2017, 08:34:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: jabberjawls on September 27, 2017, 02:43:34 pm
I would say that only an idiot resorts to name calling when they cannot support their argument, but unlike you, i can support my argument. Follow closely, and i will go slow for you:  All of the JL huggers have insisted that CBP was given the option, with conditions,  of being retained as our head coach but that CBP flinched.  So apparently Mr. Integrity himself didn't think that retaining CBP would impose this "integrity" hit (whatever your imagination thinks it is) that you believe only an idiot wouldn't see.  So, using your logic (or illogic) you believe that JL is an idiot.  There, we finally agree on something.

holy crap man you cannot read.

IN MY OPINION do you understand that phrase? ok so you are with me now.

I MYSELF would not trade a reputation hit for wins period.

If CBP stayed after what happened it would have resulted in a reputation hit PERIOD there is no arguing this, i don't care what JL said, what CBP said what you say what anyone says.  If CBP got a slap on the wrist and was allowed to remain the head coach the University would have taken a reputation hit, on top off the one it took when the University hired CBP in the first place.

Was/is CBP a great offensive coach ? yes did he do really well here on the field? Yes  is he generally regarded as an a-hole by the public at large? yes is it universally accepted that hiring/working/having/paying/lying about a mistress at your job wrong? YES

gchamblee

Quote from: jabberjawls on September 27, 2017, 02:43:34 pm
I would say that only an idiot resorts to name calling when they cannot support their argument, but unlike you, i can support my argument. Follow closely, and i will go slow for you:  All of the JL huggers have insisted that CBP was given the option, with conditions,  of being retained as our head coach but that CBP flinched.  So apparently Mr. Integrity himself didn't think that retaining CBP would impose this "integrity" hit (whatever your imagination thinks it is) that you believe only an idiot wouldn't see.  So, using your logic (or illogic) you believe that JL is an idiot.  There, we finally agree on something.

lol

hogsanity

Whats i funny is only about 3 posters here are honest enough to say they are win at all cost, but many of you dance around it because you really are win at all cost but know it makes you look like a slimeball. You claim not to be yet you deride Long because you think doing things the right way is a loser mentality, or that integrity does not matter, or that as long as a coach wins games he can do whatever he wants.

Jurich at Ul lay down with dogs and got their fleas.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jkstock04

Quote from: Wildhog on September 27, 2017, 01:35:51 pm
Jawon Pass - UL's next star QB
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/jawon-pass-310
This can't be. According to most everything I read on here he would never be able to recruit good players ever again. "Moms in the living rooms" would despise him too much.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on September 27, 2017, 11:42:51 am
Way more fertile recruiting grounds.

PRJ

Saban is a MUCH better recruiter than BP.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jabberjawls

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 03:17:10 pm
This can't be. According to most everything I read on here he would never be able to recruit good players ever again. "Moms in the living rooms" would despise him too much.
Yes but there's only a .000000000000000000001% chance that he will ever become a heisman.

jabberjawls

Quote from: 311Hog on September 27, 2017, 02:50:53 pm
holy crap man you cannot read.

IN MY OPINION do you understand that phrase? ok so you are with me now.

I MYSELF would not trade a reputation hit for wins period.

If CBP stayed after what happened it would have resulted in a reputation hit PERIOD there is no arguing this, i don't care what JL said, what CBP said what you say what anyone says.  If CBP got a slap on the wrist and was allowed to remain the head coach the University would have taken a reputation hit, on top off the one it took when the University hired CBP in the first place.

Was/is CBP a great offensive coach ? yes did he do really well here on the field? Yes  is he generally regarded as an a-hole by the public at large? yes is it universally accepted that hiring/working/having/paying/lying about a mistress at your job wrong? YES
I'm glad to know that it is just your OPINION.

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 03:17:10 pm

Maybe he got a basketball scholarship, lol. I hope when Bielema leaves that they ban anyone that mentions any former coaches. It adds absolutely nothing to any discussion and just ends up being pissing contests. Neither will ever be coming back, and throw Hootie in there too.

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

jkstock04

Quote from: ricepig on September 27, 2017, 04:16:35 pm
Maybe he got a basketball scholarship, lol. I hope when Bielema leaves that they ban anyone that mentions any former coaches. It adds absolutely nothing to any discussion and just ends up being pissing contests. Neither will ever be coming back, and throw Hootie in there too.
It would be tough to have any scale of comparisons if you couldn't bring up former coaches. Kind of faulty logic...I guess nothing to ever be said about Frank Broyles again?

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on September 27, 2017, 04:23:16 pm
It would be tough to have any scale of comparisons if you couldn't bring up former coaches. Kind of faulty logic...I guess nothing to ever be said about Frank Broyles again?

Well, if you like to dwell in the past, I guess that's your prerogative. It has nothing to do with the current team, but by all means, carry on. Would you not say every year and every team is different?

jabberjawls

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 03:41:00 pm

You are correct....but...Bobby would still get top 10 recruiting classes at Auburn. Give dude top 10 classes year in and year out and watch what he would do.

PRJ

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on September 27, 2017, 10:57:33 am
That's interesting.  I was unaware of that little clause.  While we are "spit balling," I wonder what we will be saying if JL winds up as the AD at UL.  They obviously need a dose of integrity.
then he could fire petrino again lmao!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

jcbville

Pitino just named as coach-2 funneling money to recruit. He gone.

IronHog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 27, 2017, 03:41:00 pm

He's coached at LSU and Bama.  Your grandma could recruit to those programs.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: IronHog on September 28, 2017, 11:52:56 am

He's coached at LSU and Bama.  Your grandma could recruit to those programs.

Guess again. Hows LSU doing now and how did Bama do with Shula or even with a few others.................. Not including interims or such (Bo Rein died before coaching a game and Mike Riley didn't either for Bama) four of the last ten LSU coaches did not have a win percentage over .600 and four of the last ten Bama coaches didn't have a win percentage over .600.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi