Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gameday in Fayetteville

Started by hogpreacher, August 31, 2010, 01:06:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogpreacher

I'm a seasoned vet when it comes to games in Little Rock, but will be attending just my second game in Fayetteville. Was needing some suggestions on gameday activities at and around the stadium  this Saturday. Thanks! WPS!

hogpreacher

Don't have a pass, just going to find a place.

GolfnHog

All locations will require a fee to park but there are tons of places to park, just depending on how close you park to the stadium determines the price. Think last year the spots on private property were around $20 that were within 4 blocks of the stadium.

Fayetteville HS has parking and it is located off MLK drive just east of Lot 56 and the walk to the stadium can take you thru the Gardens, past BWA and numerous areas where pre-game activities are going on. The walk up is enjoyable if you take a nice leisurely stroll. Going down after the game is a breeze.

Hogville, I believe, will be set up next to Razorback Road and just to the NE corner of the gardens and next to the Traveling Razorback Bus (you can't miss it). If I'm mistaken there are many here that can lead you in the right direction.

If you're looking for a quick bite, I'd recommend Foghorns, either down by Baum or on College Ave as both are convenient. I hope you become a veteran of games in Fayetteville as well!
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

GuvHog

Quote from: TxRzrbak on August 31, 2010, 01:33:41 pm
All locations will require a fee to park but there are tons of places to park, just depending on how close you park to the stadium determines the price. Think last year the spots on private property were around $20 that were within 4 blocks of the stadium.

Fayetteville HS has parking and it is located off MLK drive just east of Lot 56 and the walk to the stadium can take you thru the Gardens, past BWA and numerous areas where pre-game activities are going on. The walk up is enjoyable if you take a nice leisurely stroll. Going down after the game is a breeze.

Hogville, I believe, will be set up next to Razorback Road and just to the NE corner of the gardens and next to the Traveling Razorback Bus (you can't miss it). If I'm mistaken there are many here that can lead you in the right direction.

If you're looking for a quick bite, I'd recommend Foghorns, either down by Baum or on College Ave as both are convenient. I hope you become a veteran of games in Fayetteville as well!

Have they started charging to park in the Baum Stadium parking lot this year??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

CampuspostmanHOG

the new Garland Ave Parking deck by the new Bookstore is selling game parking for $20 or $100 for all games.

GolfnHog

Quote from: GUVHOG on August 31, 2010, 01:37:37 pm
Have they started charging to park in the Baum Stadium parking lot this year??

Guv, I don't have an answer for you but I'd like to say I hope not.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

wholehog92

Quote from: hawgndodge on August 31, 2010, 02:26:51 pm
the walk through is at 4.  check out the broyles center, pretty neat. 

This is neat especially if you have kids.

I have had pretty good luck parking accross from Bell.  Fairly easy walk to the stadium, but a bit of a hike to the Gardens.  Traffic getting out is a breeze though.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Shag66

We'll have parking at The Grease Pig for $10. (Corner or Razorback and 6th(MLK))

Come early and come to the Hogville Tailgate!  You can wander around up by the stadium and the Broyles Complex for hours too.

jforte

Quote from: Shag66 on August 31, 2010, 03:15:12 pm
We'll have parking at The Grease Pig for $10. (Corner or Razorback and 6th(MLK))

Come early and come to the Hogville Tailgate!  You can wander around up by the stadium and the Broyles Complex for hours too.

Great place to park!

GuvHog

Quote from: TxRzrbak on August 31, 2010, 02:30:21 pm
Guv, I don't have an answer for you but I'd like to say I hope not.

I don't think they do charge to park there. We usually park in the grass lot next to Foghorns across from Baum Stadium and try to get as close to Razorback Road as we can.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

philobeddoe

There used to be a pep rally before the game that Craig Oneal sort of directed.  I loved it, but haven't noticed it in the last few years.  Does anyone know if they still have it?

lstewart

Just north of the stadium they have what is called the Hog Trough. They have multiple large tents set up, with tables and chairs, with large screen tv's playing whatever games are on at the time. They will have a few food vendors at reasonable prices. They have a couple of local rock DJ's set up playing music and talking about the game, as well as having contests, giving stuff away, etc. The cheerleaders are usually around, and the team walks by on their way to the stadium. We normally hang out here for a hour or two, eat, and let the kids run around throwing the football. This is only a few hundred yards away from the new parking deck that will have parking available.

hogpreacher

Thanks for all the info! I am really excited about the hogville tailgate! What time does it get started?

jmingram911

Welcome to Fayetteville and to Hogville!!

Shag66

Quote from: hogpreacher on August 31, 2010, 04:36:46 pm
Thanks for all the info! I am really excited about the hogville tailgate! What time does it get started?

Usually starts right after Wayne pops the first beer.  ;)

The HAMtons

Tailgating in the Gardens is free and there is usually a live band playing. Also, the U of A band and cheerleaders have a pep rally there each game. When you are ready to head up toward the stadium catch the free shuttle on the south side of the Gardens. It will take you directly to your gate.

Rod6275

Look  for  the  Hog Bus... we  will make  room !
Choose This Day Who you will Serve...As For Me...It  Is The Hogs !

hogz4

We have parked at the Baptist Student Association on California Blvd. just east of Bud Walton. I think its $20 to park and it goes to a good cause. Easy walk to the stadium.

FraggleHog

hogz4: FYI, California is now Clinton. Just changed the name this summer.
Calling the Hogs from DFW