Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nolan Richardson

Started by razorbackdan, June 11, 2006, 04:14:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackdan

I knew Coach Richardson was a member at Paradise Valley and I thought that I saw him one evening about a month ago, but wasn't close enough to tell. Today, he was playing right behind me and my partner. He looks different these days with gray in his mustache and hair, but he has been out of the limelight for going on 5 years now. We let him play through on #4 and he left his Callaway Big Bertha 9 iron by the bunker on #5, which we returned to him when we saw him a couple holes later. He was in a crappy old white cart and he was wearing just a white tshirt, ball cap and blue shorts. I know he pulled some stupid crap when he got fired, but I'll never forget what he did for UA basketball. Just thought I'd share. I bet some of you other PV members have played with him before.

THROWITDEEP

HogISH™

he still has a condo on joyce street and takes his cart out all the time. he will jump hole to hole because most of the time he is playing alone. if you watch him play he still has some game. the only thing the ticks me is we stay on the cart path's when required... most of the time :) and he zooms all over the course.

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

jkcrunch

I have been lucky enough to get in 3 or 4 holes with Nolan at different times usaully has been when I was playing solo on Sunday morning.   He is different than what we will get to see in public.  I do not dig the hole skipping around thing but he has always been very corteous about it and I have yet to see anyone wait on him because he did it.   I will say I have caught him not repairing a ball mark on the green.   WHICH BY THE WAY PVAC MEMBERS WE ALL NEED TO WORK ON FIX YOURS AND ONE OTHER>

Boarcephus

Saw Nolan out there Sunday morning.  Same old same old.....by himself, going from hole to hole, looked lonely as hell.   Kinda sad really.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

hawgjowls

not really he deserves what he has.  it is all self inflicted, no one made him say or do the things he has done. if he would have done his job like he was suppose to he could have went down as 1 of the top coaches in college basketball ever but that larger than life chip on his shoulder brought him down.
i for 1 wish he would go back to old el paso.