Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hog Golfers Make Exit from Team

Started by excoach, May 28, 2006, 11:09:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

excoach

This may have already been posted, but it appears at least 3 Razorback golfers have transfered or requested a release. All because of Ketchem. The assistant golf coach was fired, so why do we keep Ketchem if all his team is leaving?

RebelHawg

Who knows, but I wish the University had more interest in sports that are outside the Big 3 (football, baseball, and basketball). Hopefully they will finally see that it might not be the players fault, it is the coaches fault.

CorningHog

Fans are too far removed from NCAA golf, but I have not gotten much of a feel for Ketchum and it seems that we miss Bill Woodley (sp)?  I saw him play in the NW Arkansas championship at Stonebridge Meadows and he seemed like a great guy.  Very personable and approachable to the common guy and also heard he was a great coach.

"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Oklahawg

Sometimes a purge is a healthy thing and we just don' know it at the time.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Brewerfan10

excoach

Boris to Texas, Beau Glover, Jordan Payne to memphis, then you had Buddy Wilkins left at semester and he was the low qualifier for the US Open @ Hot Springs. Their is one more but can't recall his name of this yrs team leaving.

Brewerfan10

wow, thanks for the info excoach. that def. puts a hit on our golf team. so is memphis' golf team that good, or is payne going there to be closer to home?

Boarcephus

The assistant coach was fired as well?  The guy lives across the street from me and has his house up for sale.  Guess that explains why....
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

excoach

Close to home, girl friend, and he didnt like Ketchem.

ledhead830

Quote from: RebelHawg on May 28, 2006, 11:33:22 pm
Who knows, but I wish the University had more interest in sports that are outside the Big 3 (football, baseball, and basketball).

track?
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

excoach

its pretty sad that we have a coach who runs off the team.

ConwayHog

Man its a slow time of the year....

Football can start anytime.

chiefsfan

Quote from: excoach on May 28, 2006, 11:48:29 pm
Boris to Texas, Beau Glover, Jordan Payne to memphis, then you had Buddy Wilkins left at semester and he was the low qualifier for the US Open @ Hot Springs. Their is one more but can't recall his name of this yrs team leaving.

why is Glover leaving??
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Wow.  Huge drama on the...golf...te...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

94 Hawg

Quote from: ledhead830 on May 29, 2006, 12:13:59 am
Quote from: RebelHawg on May 28, 2006, 11:33:22 pm
Who knows, but I wish the University had more interest in sports that are outside the Big 3 (football, baseball, and basketball).

track?
dang, ya beat me to it. lol
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

12under

Quote from: excoach on May 28, 2006, 11:09:59 pm
This may have already been posted, but it appears at least 3 Razorback golfers have transfered or requested a release. All because of Ketchem. The assistant golf coach was fired, so why do we keep Ketchem if all his team is leaving?
the assistant coach was NOT fired, he resigned to bring his little girls closer to he and his wife's home, Iowa.  some of the players need to grow up a little.

Jim Harris

Ketchem appears to have all of the worst qualities of his coach, Steve Loy, and few if any of the good.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

12under

Quote from: drakehog on June 09, 2006, 02:43:19 pm

Ketchem appears to have all of the worst qualities of his coach, Steve Loy, and few if any of the good.
ketch has tried a wide variety of tactics to get this team better.  definitely some of Loy's, but also the opposite approach(somewhat like Woodley's) has at least been attempted.  so far the kids have not all responded in a positive manner.

HogISH™

Quote from: 12under on June 09, 2006, 02:27:35 pm
the assistant coach was NOT fired, he resigned to bring his little girls closer to he and his wife's home, Iowa.  some of the players need to grow up a little.

at least some people understand what is going on... grant's decision was made back in december to move his family back to iowa.

ketch is an excellent coach, i have been to practice many times watching both ketch and grant working w/ the kids on their swings..

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: HogISH? on June 12, 2006, 08:24:24 am
Quote from: 12under on June 09, 2006, 02:27:35 pm

at least some people understand what is going on... grant's decision was made back in december to move his family back to iowa.

ketch is an excellent coach, i have been to practice many times watching both ketch and grant working w/ the kids on their swings..

HogISH
Hey Hogish thanks for the hat.

Let me know if you are ever in Dallas again.

WPS.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07