Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tiger's coming to Alotian

Started by Jim Harris, April 13, 2006, 04:24:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Zen_Hog

Boarcephus

Wasn't that the club where membership was by invitation only?   One of those deals where it didn't really matter how much $$$ you had but how long you've had it?

Heard it was beautiful but this is about as close as I'll get to playing it.   Could be worse, could be stuck playing Razorback or Brush Creek for the rest of my life. ;)
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Boarcephus on April 13, 2006, 07:17:31 pm
Wasn't that the club where membership was by invitation only?   One of those deals where it didn't really matter how much $$$ you had but how long you've had it?

Heard it was beautiful but this is about as close as I'll get to playing it.   Could be worse, could be stuck playing Razorback or Brush Creek for the rest of my life. ;)

It was more like if you were friends or at least acquainted with Warren Stephens. Such as friends of his with the jack to handle the entrance fee who golfed with him at CCLR, as well as some guys from around the country. Then, Warren was known to have let the huge entrance fee float on a couple of guys, no questions asked by the rest of the membership, for the club to have a few really good, scratch golfers. The key there is, you don't question Warren, same as Augusta members knew to never question Clifford Roberts. You questioned Mr. Roberts, you were subtly shown the door. That's happened at Alotian already. It's funny to see 150 or so guys who are pretty proud of their personal bank accounts who still live in such fear of pissing one guy off.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hawg414

apparently today (tuesday) was the day tiger was at Alotian.  saw it on the golf channel when they were giving their daily "what color underwear is tiger wearing today" update. 

just showed him doing a demonstration on the range with an audience of kids.  was kinda brief.

oldbear

Quote from: Hawg414 on May 31, 2006, 02:17:11 am
apparently today (tuesday) was the day tiger was at Alotian.  saw it on the golf channel when they were giving their daily "what color underwear is tiger wearing today" update. 

just showed him doing a demonstration on the range with an audience of kids.  was kinda brief.

They probably had a limited amount of time that the press was allowed on the course.  Geez, I hate anywhere that they don't let a redneck like me play.

Jim Harris

Quote from: oldbear on May 31, 2006, 11:58:41 am

They probably had a limited amount of time that the press was allowed on the course.  Geez, I hate anywhere that they don't let a redneck like me play.

I was there and you are right, the press had a limited amount of time there. Press arrived by 7 a.m., the clinic started about 7:30 or a little after that and went about 45 minutes, then it was out of there. Press didn't cover any of the holes (two is all he played, because he was sick) he played with the corporate sponsors for the Jackson T. Stephens Charitable Tournament.
Tiger fielded no questions from the media, only from the kids and adults who were there participating in the clinic.

Hawg414

Quote from: drakehog on May 31, 2006, 01:11:13 pm

I was there and you are right, the press had a limited amount of time there. Press arrived by 7 a.m., the clinic started about 7:30 or a little after that and went about 45 minutes, then it was out of there. Press didn't cover any of the holes (two is all he played, because he was sick) he played with the corporate sponsors for the Jackson T. Stephens Charitable Tournament.
Tiger fielded no questions from the media, only from the kids and adults who were there participating in the clinic.

you get to play it, drakehog?

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hawg414 on May 31, 2006, 01:29:45 pm

shot 74.

Hawg414

Quote from: drakehog on May 31, 2006, 01:33:51 pm

shot 74.

74 aint bad.....
no pictures with the camera phone for us little people???

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hawg414 on May 31, 2006, 01:42:28 pm
Quote from: drakehog on May 31, 2006, 01:33:51 pm

shot 74.

74 aint bad.....
no pictures with the camera phone for us little people???

OK, I fibbed. I've been out there twice, and neither time did my clubs accompany me. I'm still hoping though. The offer's out there to pay my own greens fee and take care of all the tip for the caddy ...
Yesterday, we took the back entrance, off Consigliere Drive (what a street name!) and through the maintenance area, past the indoor hitting area to the practice tee. First time was when Warren took various media around on a tour in carts. I can see myself shooting a 74 out there though (ha) ...
Warren supposedly shot a 74 his first time to play it after everything was OK'd to go. It's very member friendly in terms of spacious landing areas, it can be as long as you want to play it, and I'm sure like Augusta they can trick up the greens to super fast and tighten the fairways and let the rough grow up to make it as hard as they want. Fazio doesn't frick around in his designs.
Where we were yesterday was probably one of the few places on the course that you CAN'T see Lake Maumelle. But from there you can look up and see the the clubhouse in the distance (wasn't finished my first visit) and the No. 18 fairway at the very top, sloping down back toward you.