Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Average age in the FaG Forum

Started by RazorPiggie, July 10, 2013, 12:14:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Iwastherein1969

52....former member of The Stephens Golf and Country Boys Country Club (born 1972--died 1985)..then became a member of the Magnolia CC, then Northridge CC in Texarkana, Texas
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 20, 2014, 05:57:07 pm
52....former member of The Stephens Golf and Country Boys Country Club (born 1972--died 1985)..then became a member of the Magnolia CC, then Northridge CC in Texarkana, Texas

IT LIVES!!!!!

cut some sleeves off a shirt the other day.  thought of you.  hope you're well.

Hawgndaaz

I'm hogville 24, real life 29

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 21, 2014, 08:43:21 am
IT LIVES!!!!!

cut some sleeves off a shirt the other day.  thought of you.  hope you're well.
yeah, thanks, I think...anyway it was a forced hiatus, you know, the tough love kinda thing....glad to be back amongst the tards where I feel so at home
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

YtownHog

27 - Big Creek Country Club unless I get fired from my job haha.

userpick

Hogville 17, real life 24. Just became a member of Mystic Creek this week.

Hawg414

Quote from: userpick on May 21, 2014, 11:11:18 pm
Hogville 17, real life 24. Just became a member of Mystic Creek this week.

really like Mystic Creek.  played it 3 or 4 times now.  a group of us took a trip to Biloxi and played Fallen Oak a few weeks back.  it was the week after the Senior Tour played there.  you just naturally assume those Tour courses are tough.  we came back thru El Dorado and played Mystic Creek.  it was then that i realized that course is far - FAR - more difficult than Fallen Oak is.  not gonna say its better... but wayyy more difficult. 

whats the status on their clubhouse at MC?  kinda concerns me to see they have not started on it yet.  hope that isnt a sign of waiting to see how business goes before they put that much more money into it.

Like it is

I'm 45 and love the challenge at Mystic. It's a true test of what golf's all bout! That is if u can stay sain ! You'll be humbled in a hurry if u have too high of expectations . Course knowledge means the world on that track . Though tough , it's the most beautiful golf course in the South.

HSVhogfan2

60 and play in HSV. Best value in the USA.
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

snortman

Quote from: Like it is on December 12, 2014, 04:30:09 pm
I'm 45 and love the challenge at Mystic. It's a true test of what golf's all bout! That is if u can stay sain ! You'll be humbled in a hurry if u have too high of expectations . Course knowledge means the world on that track . Though tough , it's the most beautiful golf course in the South.

57 and play it regular. Joined when it opened and can tell you it is by far the hardest course I have ever played. I have played a lot of courses but this is by far the hardest. As I say that, I tell people it is " the most miserable fun I have ever had" Just a wonderful and beautiful course. The par 5's are by far the hardest I have ever played.

Once we get the CH built, this place will be a showcase of Arkansas.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

PEtrader

Better than Augusta?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

snortman

Quote from: PEtrader on March 02, 2015, 07:34:22 pm
Better than Augusta?

Best to see for yourself, as I say that, it in no way could ever match the beauty of Augusta. Mystic is a very pretty but tough course and will someday get that recognition.

clutch

Wish there was a decent course around me to join. Having to drive 40 minutes any direction to play is getting old.

GolfNut57

Quote from: clutch on April 12, 2015, 01:34:42 pm
Wish there was a decent course around me to join. Having to drive 40 minutes any direction to play is getting old.

Where do you live?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

BR

55, Moila CC, St. Joseph Mo... 
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

SpaHog

Like it is

Come play Mystic in ElDo... Worth the drive!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

GolfNut57

Quote from: sowmonella on April 23, 2016, 09:00:25 am
60. Country Club of Arkansas.

Last time I played the CC of A I found that they had cut a bigger hole on some of the greens to use for certain tournaments if the participants wanted to pay to use them. To me that was just a crap thing to do as it could affect other golfers during normal rounds. Extremely stupid move by management imo.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

KCRazorbackfan

63 y/o; live in The Villages, FL; 630 holes of golf.
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

GolfNut57

GolfNut57

So.....did Mystic Creek get their clubhouse built yet or are they STILL working out of that small trailer? Surely not after all this time. 

kingofdequeen

OaklawnCapper

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

hawg66

Maaldri

28- no country club yet but will most likely join one next year. Have 9 hole course at apartment...not the best but it's free!

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: kingofdequeen on December 11, 2017, 01:05:30 pm
Centennial Valley CC.
36 my ass!  if youre a day under 40, I'll have sex with my Taylormade golf glove

Pulled out...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pulled(PP)pork on September 09, 2018, 05:54:52 am
36 my ass!  if youre a day under 40, I'll have sex with my Taylormade golf glove

Pulled out...

I've not tried that with a golf glove on...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 09, 2018, 02:30:12 pm
I've not tried that with a golf glove on...
either way, I won't be picky

PP

userpick

No longer in my 20s. Mystic Creek and Hot Springs CC. Could also get you on Camden CC if you play your cards right.

kingofdequeen

39 in a couple months.   old balls.

LZH

GolfNut57

Seeing as this thread started almost 9 years ago I'd wager the average age in here has increased by that same 9 years.  8)

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 12, 2022, 01:34:32 pmSeeing as this thread started almost 9 years ago I'd wager the average age in here has increased by that same 9 years.  8)

Not sure what you're talking about.  I was 57 the first time I responded in this thread.  Today I'm 54!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 12, 2022, 01:37:25 pmNot sure what you're talking about.  I was 57 the first time I responded in this thread.  Today I'm 54!

Had you saved a few hundred million brain cells by sucking in less booze over the years you'd knowwhatImean Vern.... :)

LZH

Quote from: GolfNut57 on April 12, 2022, 01:34:32 pmSeeing as this thread started almost 9 years ago I'd wager the average age in here has increased by that same 9 years.  8)

Oops, I called out a buddy of mine and didn't look at the date he posted.  Sorry oldman1015...you were telling the troof.

oldman1015

Quote from: LZH on April 12, 2022, 01:52:13 pmOops, I called out a buddy of mine and didn't look at the date he posted.  Sorry oldman1015...you were telling the troof.
LMAO
Arkansas, the left lane state.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Wildhog on July 10, 2013, 02:33:22 pmCentennial Valley CC in Conway.

Oh. I thought ya'll were meaning Cadron Valley. Is that even still there?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jim Harris on September 30, 2022, 04:04:48 pmOh. I thought ya'll were meaning Cadron Valley. Is that even still there?

Thinking I heard awhile back that it has been reduced to a 9 hole course with houses/apts around it. Wouldn't swear to the veracity of that though.

GolfNut57

Quote from: Jim Harris on September 30, 2022, 04:05:37 pmOver 60 now and playing HSV.

Let my membership expire at the end of June there but I plan to renew it around the first of the year. Got tired of having it come due right in the middle of the MGA season. This way I can pay for everything all at the same time. The MGA fees, Hdcp fees, the membership fee and the windshield sticker fees for 2 cars.

And I will be 65 come Sunday. Hello Medicare!

Hog66

I've aged five years in the last 8 months. I'm on a roll

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on September 30, 2022, 05:19:17 pmThinking I heard awhile back that it has been reduced to a 9 hole course with houses/apts around it. Wouldn't swear to the veracity of that though.
That's true.
If you recall the original 18 holes, they kept the better holes and the apartments cover  the lesser holes.
It's a fun little course to play, but not easy at all.
The par-3 off Cadron Ridge down to the green surrounded by water is still there.
I nearly made a hole-in-one on #2 several weeks ago. Somehow the ball curved around the hole and came to rest 4 inches behind the cup. So close..

ocsm158

Quote from: ocsm158 on August 28, 2013, 07:28:25 am62 - Hot Springs Village

71 - still HSV but up to silver tees now. Still can't reach some of the par 4s in regulation, whatever that is.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 06, 2022, 10:56:48 pmThat's true.
If you recall the original 18 holes, they kept the better holes and the apartments cover  the lesser holes.
It's a fun little course to play, but not easy at all.
The par-3 off Cadron Ridge down to the green surrounded by water is still there.
I nearly made a hole-in-one on #2 several weeks ago. Somehow the ball curved around the hole and came to rest 4 inches behind the cup. So close..

Sounds like you played either too much speed or misread the break.  8) Bet you thought it was in the hole while on the tee box huh?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 07, 2022, 10:18:57 amSounds like you played either too much speed or misread the break.  8) Bet you thought it was in the hole while on the tee box huh?
It was tracking all the way, for sure.
I never expect balls to go in, but you know right away when a shot is good or not.
It was playing about 150 yards.

At Cadron Valley, #1,2,6, and 9 are new holes.
The #3,4,5,7, and 8 are pretty much the same as the old days. #4 is the par-3 that drops off the hill to the island green. Great view south towards Little Rock. It's the same hole except the green is just a little bigger than it was back then.

GolfNut57

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on October 07, 2022, 03:46:37 pmIt was tracking all the way, for sure.
I never expect balls to go in, but you know right away when a shot is good or not.
It was playing about 150 yards.

At Cadron Valley, #1,2,6, and 9 are new holes.
The #3,4,5,7, and 8 are pretty much the same as the old days. #4 is the par-3 that drops off the hill to the island green. Great view south towards Little Rock. It's the same hole except the green is just a little bigger than it was back then.

I almost aced #16 at Cypress Creek yesterday. It was playing around 130 and my 9 iron rolled right to the cup and ended up about 18 inches behind it. Couldn't tell for sure from the tee box but I'd swear the ball hit the pin and kicked off to one side. From the tee box it looked like the ball was right on the lip. But of course it is never as close as it looks from the box once you get to the green.  >:(

Couple weeks ago I hit a shot on that same hole that rolled right by the cup but this time it went 6-7 feet past it before stopping. Missed the birdie putt of course when I didn't read the break good enough.