Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Colin Cowterd bashing J. Daly

Started by jforte, January 27, 2006, 11:17:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

chillinhoggie

dukefan

People we may be a little blinded when it is one of our guys!

Buck Ocean

I know what he said....but allow me to swing at Colon just for the hell of it.

This guy is the biggest maroon ever to get a national show....nobody I know gives a ish about anything he says.  If he'd let go of the nutsack of Notre Dame and USC they might be a little faster on defense.  He's an athiest, and if you talk trash about the Lord it gets personal so that guy is scum & scag motel. 

I'll look into getting ahold of Steve to see if I could get the 9-11 am spot on 1190 am.
Think like a Jedi

jforte

It may be time to put this thread to bed...but 1st....GO BUCK GO!

leggman131652002

The reason people love John is becasue he is a real person..he gives back to his family,friends,his home state and to complete strangers..you dont see thugs like A.Iverson doing that..If John messes up he will admit it and not blame anyone else..that why people love him and Cowterd hate him becasue regardless of how bad John does people will always be on his side..It also gives him reason to blast him just because he is from Arkansas and not some west coast uppity clone.

I watch golf for one reason and that is JOHN DALY..people can talk all they want about Tiger saving golf but as many people love golf because of John as they do Tiger

HogInGermany

Quote from: leggman131652002 on January 27, 2006, 10:04:47 pm
The reason people love John is becasue he is a real person..he gives back to his family,friends,his home state and to complete strangers..you dont see thugs like A.Iverson doing that..If John messes up he will admit it and not blame anyone else..that why people love him and Cowterd hate him becasue regardless of how bad John does people will always be on his side..It also gives him reason to blast him just because he is from Arkansas and not some west coast uppity clone.

I watch golf for one reason and that is JOHN DALY..people can talk all they want about Tiger saving golf but as many people love golf because of John as they do Tiger

This is exactly the point.  You don't know Allen Iverson, you only know the image. He likely gives as much in charity as John Daly. I don't know and you don't know. All I know about  Allen Iverson is that he showed he has some class and respect of this country by being about the only player at the last Olympics to give a damn. He's also since said he would be honored to do it again.  People like you make Colin's point.  Iverson looks like a punk to you so he couldn't possibly be as good a person as Mr. White Trash, John Daly.  NOLAN WAS RIGHT. If this board is a representative of Arkansas fans, they must be Redneck SOB's.

hugehogfan

Let's get a few things straight...when John Daly's problems first surfaced...he did not have an easy go of it.  He did NOT get a free pass from everyone...he caught alot of heat...including unscheduled "vacations" from the PGA Tour for his conduct...and way more "bad press" than good.  The reason people like myself, and others throughout this post, continue to support John is due to his conduct since then.  He has honestly admitted to all of his mistakes...he takes FULL responsibility for them...and he has taken steps to make sure he doesn't get back to that awful place again.  I cannot compare him to A. Iverson, because I do not have specific examples of whether or not Iverson has admitted to any wrong-doings...but, in the case of Bode Miller (which was brought up on Cowherd's broadcast)...one reason people are not so willing to "live and let live" when it comes to his reported "wild ways"...this is a guy who is quoted in Friday's edition of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette as saying the folks in U.S. skiing are "rich, cocky, wicked, conceited."  This shows you that comparing him with John Daly is no contest...you would NEVER hear John Daly describe fellow golfers or fans that way.  If that makes him (or all of us) redneck SOB's...then I'll gladly claim my new title.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: leggman131652002 on January 27, 2006, 10:04:47 pm
The reason people love John is becasue he is a real person..he gives back to his family,friends,his home state and to complete strangers..you dont see thugs like A.Iverson doing that.

I've met numerous people who have dealt with Daly quite a bit and many of them would disagree with your ultimate assessment of what a good guy he is.  Some of those who have dealt with him in business say his word is good until it leaves his mouth.  Like anyone, especially anyone famous, I bet he can be a first rate [CENSORED], selfish beyond belief, etc.  And he can also dole out lots to charity, and take good care of his friends.  He's human, and pretty regularly drunk, and I've never known anyone who was regularly drunk who didn't have an ugly side.
So let's not go sanctifying him just because he likes the Hogs and played for us. 

As for Bode Miller and what he said about the US Ski Team backers, other than "wicked", he's probably right.  He followed that up by saying he respected what they'd done for him, though, and worked hard to show he appreciated it (paraphrase).
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Lando Calrissian

I like Cowherd's show.

I don't necessarily agree with him all the time, but the fact that people are getting so riled up over this is a bit comical to me.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

arkiehawg

"I don't have a drinking problem, i am married to my first wife, and my wife isn't in jail.  I guess we have to lower our standards win i comes to ex white razorbacks."

I guess that you have the right to "cast stones" then since you don't have any faults.  John has had issues and isn't afraid of admitting it.  He has also done a tremendous amount of good not only in Arkansas but to others who have had problems.  His life isn't perfect, but he is still trying and quite frankly has improved tremendously over the last 5 years.  He doesn't drink hard liquor anymore (Crown Royal) only social beers.  Give him a break.....compared to a lot of other athletes, what he does is tame.

Even though you don't want to hang your hat on him at least have the courage to wish him and his family well and may they have a long, healthy life of happiness AND peace.

Fatty McGee

Why should anyone wish John Daly's "family" well?  He married a woman seven weeks after he met her, and then criticizes the prosecutor because she is going to jail for her involvement in a drug and gambling ring and didn't tell him.

This is the great life improvement he's made?  Let's not lower our standards for praise because someone is a Hog.

hugehogfan

First, my defense of John Daly has nothing to do with the fact that he was/is a Razorback.

Second, so what if he only knew Sherry for 7 weeks before they got married...Frank Broyles had a seven-week courtship prior to his new marriage - after a 59-year marriage to his first wife...my aunt and uncle were married after only a 6-week courtship, and they will celebrate 31 years of marriage this year.  You don't judge someone for how quickly they get married...the assessment should really be how hard did someone work to STAY married?  (John's past track record is not exactly strong in this category...here's hoping his current one will work better for him.)

Third, the fact that the prosecuting attorney in his wife's case angered him comes from a precedent that this attorney has set in most of his other cases.  The attorney is known for giving individuals a typical 2-3 week "heads up" when it is time for a sentence to begin.  And, with a 2 1/2 year old son in Sherry's daily care...a little bit of notice would have made things better for them.  Granted, she "admitted guilt" through her plea bargain...and people serving time don't necessarily "deserve" notice when it's time to report...it was strictly frustrating to them because they had prepared based on this particular attorney's habits...and he didn't follow that pattern this time.

I know everyone will not feel the same way about John Daly as I do...and if someone bases that assessment on a personal experience (or business dealing), then who am I to tell them they are wrong.  I'll agree to disagree with those, and explain the John I know to those that haven't met him...so that they may make an educated guess on what type of person he is.  I'm not "sanctifying" him...for Razorback status or otherwise...just explaining to people the John Daly I know...definitely not perfect...definitely doesn't pretend to be...and, IMO, definitely a kind-hearted, humble guy who loves his family, his friends, his fans and the game of golf.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hugehogfan on January 28, 2006, 05:54:01 pm
Second, so what if he only knew Sherry for 7 weeks before they got married...Frank Broyles had a seven-week courtship prior to his new marriage - after a 59-year marriage to his first wife...my aunt and uncle were married after only a 6-week courtship, and they will celebrate 31 years of marriage this year.  You don't judge someone for how quickly they get married...the assessment should really be how hard did someone work to STAY married?  (John's past track record is not exactly strong in this category...here's hoping his current one will work better for him.)

Did your aunt unexpectedly serve time after they got married?  And JFB knew the woman longer than that. 

Third, the fact that the prosecuting attorney in his wife's case angered him comes from a precedent that this attorney has set in most of his other cases.  The attorney is known for giving individuals a typical 2-3 week "heads up" when it is time for a sentence to begin.  And, with a 2 1/2 year old son in Sherry's daily care...a little bit of notice would have made things better for them.  Granted, she "admitted guilt" through her plea bargain...and people serving time don't necessarily "deserve" notice when it's time to report...it was strictly frustrating to them because they had prepared based on this particular attorney's habits...and he didn't follow that pattern this time.

How did John prepare for anything?  It doesn't appear he even knew about it.  And I'm sorry, but when you have a child, you spend a little more time than seven weeks getting to know someone before you bring them into your, and more importantly the child's, life full time.  That alone shows how self involved both of them are.