Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ernie Murray tonight on channel 4.......

Started by Sir Oinksalot, February 03, 2014, 08:32:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Oinksalot

...Our players are really nice guys, they are fun to hang out with, really nice guys.....

when everything is going good they look great but when it isn't,  they don't...

E M..!!

Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on February 03, 2014, 08:32:31 pm
...Our players are really nice guys, they are fun to hang out with, really nice guys.....

when everything is going good they look great but when it isn't,  they don't...

E M..!!

Probably nothing to argue with here.

Pigdiana Jones

"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

YouCrawl_IQuall

"when everything is going good they look great but when it isn't,  they don't"

wow. a 5 year old can do commentary as deep as that

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: YouCrawl_IQuall on February 04, 2014, 08:36:31 am
"when everything is going good they look great but when it isn't,  they don't"

wow. a 5 year old can do commentary as deep as that

So what would your commentary be then?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Here is an example of insight that EM could have offered.

This team has talent.  Most of the pieces are there.  You can see when they are on their game they can play with anyone in the country.  It's just something happens in tight spots instead of the light flipping on it goes out.  When that happens they look like a SWAC team playing Duke.  The way they tried to fight back against LSU shows me they have some heart and haven't quit on this coaching staff, but that hole they dug was too deep.  It's all about how you respond to adversity, mental toughness.  Some of that comes from experience and knowing you can trust your teammates.  Yes this team has some upperclassmen but this is the first time they have been asked to take on leadership roles.  Take Ky Madden for example.  This is his first year as the team leader and playing major minutes.  He has responded in terms of productivity, but is still learning the intangibles and what to do in crunch time.  Getting these guys over that mental hump may be Mike's toughest job.  You can easily evaluate a kids potential, but it's much harder to know what's going on in their head.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 04, 2014, 08:46:15 am
Here is an example of insight that EM could have offered.

This team has talent.  Most of the pieces are there.  You can see when they are on their game they can play with anyone in the country.  It's just something happens in tight spots instead of the light flipping on it goes out.  When that happens they look like a SWAC team playing Duke.  The way they tried to fight back against LSU shows me they have some heart and haven't quit on this coaching staff, but that hole they dug was too deep.  It's all about how you respond to adversity, mental toughness.  Some of that comes from experience and knowing you can trust your teammates.  Yes this team has some upperclassmen but this is the first time they have been asked to take on leadership roles.  Take Ky Madden for example.  This is his first year as the team leader and playing major minutes.  He has responded in terms of productivity, but is still learning the intangibles and what to do in crunch time.  Getting these guys over that mental hump may be Mike's toughest job.  You can easily evaluate a kids potential, but it's much harder to know what's going on in their head.

How much time was he given to provide an answer?  I didn't hear the segment so I don't know if he had time to go into any depth or not.

Jackrabbit Hog

Product of a Wabbaseka High School education.

Just kidding.  Always liked Ernie; walk-on made good if I recall.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 04, 2014, 08:52:51 am
Product of a Wabbaseka High School education.

Just kidding.  Always liked Ernie; walk-on made good if I recall.

Certainly a crowd favorite.  He never took anything back to the bench when he got the chance to play either.