Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What about John Brady?

Started by guthhog, March 10, 2009, 05:25:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

guthhog

Dude got the shaft from LSU last year.  I am all for giving Pel a little more time to right the ship, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if Long fired Pel for John Brady.  Brady has a proven track record of putting players in the NBA, he has won conference titles in the SEC(not including this years LSU team, who also has the POY, but it is really his team) and has made more than a couple deep ncaa tourney runs including a final four.  This guy is in our back yard as we speak and is definitely flying under the national coaching search radar...any thoughts?
Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

HamminItUp

Are you kidding me? After the bout with Eric Ferguson? I don't give a rats ass if Ferguson was the biggest thug ever, that reaction from a coach is completely unacceptable.

Mr. Porkleone

Hog Milanese

Mmmm...no thanks. I'd rather have Stan Heath back than trade Pelphrey for Brady.

guthhog

Hey guys, with all the speculation going on I just thought I'd throw it out there.  Flame me up if you wish.
Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

N HOG

Quote from: guthhog on March 10, 2009, 05:38:21 pm
   Hey guys, with all the speculation going on I just thought I'd throw it out there.  Flame me up if you wish.

I will make this prediction -- if there is no coaching change at either Arkansas or Arkansas State in the off-season, the Wolves will be significantly better next year than the Hogs. Sadly, it would have been a very close game this year.

The biggest way to make most on here big Pel fans is to threaten to replace him with Brady.

Razorbacks_77

Quote from: HamminItUp on March 10, 2009, 05:29:46 pm
Are you kidding me? After the bout with Eric Ferguson? I don't give a rats ass if Ferguson was the biggest thug ever, that reaction from a coach is completely unacceptable.
Bout with Ferguson? When? What happened?...I do not remember this...

WMHawgfan

good idea. what say we hire him and bring back eddie sutton and see who can drink the other under the table?

Wild Bill Hog

Who cares about John, hire his wife.

86jacketstchamps

His wife is causing enough issues in Jonesboro.... He is on thin ice at ASU at this time, and unfortunately for him it has nothing to do with his coaching or direction of the program. 

javajockey

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on March 10, 2009, 08:32:36 pm
His wife is causing enough issues in Jonesboro....

Please elaborate!

chiefsfan

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on March 10, 2009, 08:32:36 pm
His wife is causing enough issues in Jonesboro.... He is on thin ice at ASU at this time, and unfortunately for him it has nothing to do with his coaching or direction of the program. 

Hi my name is 86jacketstchamps and I know nothing whatsoever

Do you want to pllay the who has more sources in the ASU athletic department game...because ive got you beat.    despite a tough year attendance still went up.   as long as attendance is going up he aint going anywhere

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Wild Bill Hog

Hoggy1

Quote from: HamminItUp on March 10, 2009, 05:29:46 pm

Just like Pel told Wayne Chism to STFU?

I admit, I liked the STFU...but that's uncalled for too.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

chiefsfan

On a side note.  Brady does not like the razorbacks.   half his introductory press conference was pot shots at Arkansas

now that might change if you paid him enough to come...but that wont happen
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hawgsav1

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 10, 2009, 09:06:25 pm

It was Jajuan Smith, and Smith had been mouthing off to Pelphrey the whole night and trying to taunt him.  Smith provoked that.  Brady had also been talking a lot of trash to Ferguson when Ferguson had been inbounding the ball close to the LSU bench.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

rude1

No thanks. Hiring LSU rejects isn't exactly my idea of moving forward. They guy done less with more all the time he was at LSU.

chiefsfan

Quote from: rude1 on March 10, 2009, 09:11:42 pm
No thanks. Hiring LSU rejects isn't exactly my idea of moving forward. They guy done less with more all the time he was at LSU.

huh?

The biggest knock on brady is that he either finishes last...or first.   Nothing inbetween.   But the LSU program was in awful shape when he came in.  and his players this year are having one of the schools better years

The Boar War

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 10, 2009, 09:02:22 pm
Do you want to pllay the who has more sources in the ASU athletic department game...because ive got you beat.   

This is the saddest boast I've ever heard.

chiefsfan

Quote from: The Boar War on March 10, 2009, 09:16:22 pm
This is the saddest boast I've ever heard.

hey its better then nothing.   

rude1

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 10, 2009, 09:13:09 pm
huh?

The biggest knock on brady is that he either finishes last...or first.   Nothing inbetween.   But the LSU program was in awful shape when he came in.  and his players this year are having one of the schools better years
Isn't finishing last and example of doing less with more? They guy had some very talented players to come through there while he was there, and yet never turned it into the kind of national success it should have been.

The Hawg Marshal

Lets just keep Brady here in Jonesboro. I don't know the answer on whether Pel is the right guy or not. But I'm pretty sure Brady is not the answer. FWIW Anthony Grant was my choice 2years ago.

ruarealhogfan

I like ASU & Brady is an allright guy, but why would someone start a thread asking about a coach who just lost 10 in a row in the Sun Belt? 

HamminItUp

Quote from: Razorbacks_77 on March 10, 2009, 06:10:44 pm
Bout with Ferguson? When? What happened?...I do not remember this...

After mouthing Ferguson most of the game and Eric finally turning on him, he tried to choke Ferguson.

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on March 10, 2009, 09:06:25 pm

When I made this last post this is exactly what I thought. "Wow this is exactly like when Pel said STFU to JuJuan, that seemed so cool at the time."

guthhog

Quote from: ruarealhogfan on March 10, 2009, 09:31:20 pm
I like ASU & Brady is an allright guy, but why would someone start a thread asking about a coach who just lost 10 in a row in the Sun Belt? 

He is cleaning up after one of the Nutt brothers...

86jacketstchamps

March 10, 2009, 09:40:40 pm #26 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 09:43:26 pm by 86jacketstchamps
Quote from: chiefsfan on March 10, 2009, 09:02:22 pm
Hi my name is 86jacketstchamps and I know nothing whatsoever

Do you want to pllay the who has more sources in the ASU athletic department game...because ive got you beat.    despite a tough year attendance still went up.   as long as attendance is going up he aint going anywhere

Well, if you had much of a source then you would know what I was talking about.  As I said, this has nothing to do with his performance or that of the team.  I have no idea if what has been discussed will actually lead to his dismissal, as I think it would be a shame... I do know that she has a wild side, and there are some that have caused some issues due to that wild side involving their husbands.   Now you can banter all you want about who you know or what...I don't care.... however I do know all I need to know about what I said.

Also, my stating that he may be on thin ice at ASU has nothing to do with the board....it has to do with issues off the court that could end up being a bad thing with the board.  As I said, it would be a shame.... but as I am sure you know..since you seem to know all about ASU & Jonesboro...... there are things that aren't looked upon favorably in the heart of the bible belt, known as Jboro.

chiefsfan

Quote from: 86jacketstchamps on March 10, 2009, 09:40:40 pm
Well, if you had much of a source then you would know what I was talking about.  As I said, this has nothing to do with his performance or that of the team.  I have no idea if what has been discussed will actually lead to his dismissal, as I think it would be a shame... I do know that she has a wild side, and there are some that have caused some issues due to that wild side involving their husbands.   Now you can banter all you want about who you know or what...I don't care.... however I do know all I need to know about what I said.

Also, my stating that he may be on thin ice at ASU has nothing to do with the board....it has to do with issues off the court that could end up being a bad thing with the board.  As I said, it would be a shame.... but as I am sure you know..since you seem to know all about ASU & Jonesboro...... there are things that aren't looked upon favorably in the heart of the bible belt, known as Jboro.

the fact of the matter is, even if this stuff was going on...  Whoever got rid of him would be run out of town on a rail.   

I know he isnt extremely liked on the board, but in the end its not their decision.  If the board still had a choice  Dickey Nutt would be our coach right now

86jacketstchamps

Quote from: chiefsfan on March 10, 2009, 10:11:37 pm
the fact of the matter is, even if this stuff was going on...  Whoever got rid of him would be run out of town on a rail.  

I know he isnt extremely liked on the board, but in the end its not their decision.  If the board still had a choice  Dickey Nutt would be our coach right now

You may be right, but I am hearing different rumblings in regards to how this thing may play out.  I honestly hope it doesn't work out that way, as I believe Brady is a good thing for ASU...regardless of how long he stays there.   

chiefsfan

Quote from: guthhog on March 10, 2009, 09:34:51 pm

He is cleaning up after one of the Nutt brothers...

Dickey Nutt left 13 years of mess.    heck when Brady came here, he immediately forced the administration to change 2 decisions that they made with Nutt's blessing, and im expecting a few more by the start of next season

Arkansas thinks they were cursed by a Nutt, but ASU got it 10 times worse.   Our biggest problem is our big money donors have no interest in athletics.  and Nutt just sucked up to them every year.   The board gave out 2 different contract extensions when it wasnt warrented before finally accepting his resignation last february

he left us with 7 returning players,  only one of which that averaged anything from the field.   None of them were 3 point shooters.   and 5 were seniors

the story is when he started here he evaluated talent.  And found 3 D1 worthy ball players on the entire roster.  1 of which transferred anyway

We played great defense last year, but couldnt score to save our lives.  its going to take years to fix this

Lonnie Earl

John Brady >>>>>>>>>> Pel

Brady can coach/recruit circles around Pel. That said, He'll never get to coach here after taking the job in Jonesboro. I'm sure he knows that... That's prolly why he's not shy about badmouthing the UA.

:razorback:

Hogman35

:puke:shady brady, never. you have to be kidding? that would be an insult to our proud history and right now, that history and tradition is all we have left. Pel has to go, he has lost control of this team, if he ever had it and now he is about to lose his recruits for next year because they can not qualify. and we wonder about character issues on the team. when you take other schools retreads, Mcdonald, and have to beat the junior college ranks something is wrong. and we will not even talk about the many coaching mistakes pel made this year. we will save for another time.

aristotle

Maybe Dean Smith will come out of retirement. He ate a pork sandwich once.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: aristotle on March 11, 2009, 03:00:38 pm
Maybe Dean Smith will come out of retirement. He ate a pork sandwich once.

No, not Dean. From his post-title-game analysis in 94, I still don't think he believes we won the National Championship.

hogfaninbr

Quote from: guthhog on March 10, 2009, 05:25:03 pm
   Dude got the shaft from LSU last year.  I am all for giving Pel a little more time to right the ship, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if Long fired Pel for John Brady.  Brady has a proven track record of putting players in the NBA, he has won conference titles in the SEC(not including this years LSU team, who also has the POY, but it is really his team) and has made more than a couple deep ncaa tourney runs including a final four.  This guy is in our back yard as we speak and is definitely flying under the national coaching search radar...any thoughts?

huge, ginormous, absolutely epic....

FAIL

hogfaninbr

Quote from: Lonnie Earl on March 11, 2009, 03:04:05 am
John Brady >>>>>>>>>> Pel

Brady can coach/recruit circles around Pel. That said, He'll never get to coach here after taking the job in Jonesboro. I'm sure he knows that... That's prolly why he's not shy about badmouthing the UA.

:razorback:

Double Fail

John Brady is a Dick, John Brady is arrogant, John Brady never once recruited a PG that stayed on campus/amounted to anything, John Brady's final four team that he recruited were ALL from within 45 minutes of Baton rouge...Tas Mitchell-Denham springs, Big Baby and Garrett Temple from LSU U-High!!, Tyrus Thomas from BR and The lone "outsider" was darrell mitchell from st. martinville which is 45 min away.  Finally, John Brady is getting his ass whacked in the sunbelt this year.  NO BRADY