Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

IF BB is let go and a prospective new coach calls him to ask what it's like here

Started by hogsanity, October 23, 2017, 03:24:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

KennyForAD

Good Lord, you are such a mess.   Actually, I no longer believe you are real.  Can't be. Must be a plant.  No one is that messed up.

phadedhawg

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

HotlantaHog

Friendly people, great facilities, supportive fans, very tough to recruit to, SEC is harder than you can imagine...

Hawgndaaz

jabberjawls

Yeah, this guy say "hey, i want him gone too" but all of his post say differently.  We're on to you!

phadedhawg

hogsanity

Quote from: jabberjawls on October 23, 2017, 03:28:29 pm
Yeah, this guy say "hey, i want him gone too" but all of his post say differently.  We're on to you!

So you do not think coaches talk to each other about what different jobs are like?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jdlew

If you are at a P5 school...you better stay where you are at...Good AD...Great Fans...nice faculties...but it's hard to win big there...

KennyForAD

KennyForAD

Quote from: jdlew on October 23, 2017, 03:30:04 pm
If you are at a P5 school...you better stay where you are at...Good AD...Great Fans...nice faculties...but it's hard to win big there...

Liar.

ur

KennyForAD

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 03:29:42 pm
So you do not think coaches talk to each other about what different jobs are like?

Absolutely.   1)  They all know BB is a buffoon and don't care what he has to say.  2)  None want to work for a fink like Jeff Long.   That is our biggest problem.

jgphillips3

Great place, but these damn fans actually expect you to be competitive!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Anyone think BB called any of the following:  Ken Hatfield, Jack Crowe, Danny Ford, Houston Nutt, Bobby Petrion, John L. Smith?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

wildturkey8

KennyForAD

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 23, 2017, 03:38:13 pm
Anyone think BB called any of the following:  Ken Hatfield, Jack Crowe, Danny Ford, Houston Nutt, Bobby Petrion, John L. Smith?

Anyone think that Hogsanity has a sincere bone in his body?

KennyForAD

tolerati

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 23, 2017, 03:38:13 pm

I don't know ... Bobby Petrion  may have had a lot to say ... lol   Maybe almost as much as Petrino.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

jabberjawls

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 03:24:41 pm
What would BB tell them?
How about this plain and simple: "Well, I have to admit that I didn't do a good enough job to keep it. You have to understand that Arkansas fans are passionate, pride filled, and will stand by their team AS LONG AS THEY'RE GIVING IT THEIR ALL. It's the major D1 program in a state where there is no professional team. Therefore, in a real sense this IS their pro team. You'll have great resources-both financial and support wise-but you'll have to be determined to work your tail off not only recruiting (around the region) AND you'll have to assemble a staff that can develop each and every player to give the best he can and play to the max EACH AND EVERY PLAY.  You'll also need to be prepared to teach the kids your system and to prepare for each game as if was your last. You'll obviously have to be an effective in game manager and be able to be an effective communicator and half time manager.  It certainly won't be easy because you'll have some of the finest teams-Alabama, UGA, Florida, LSU and others-that you'll play yearly or periodically. However, while that's the challenge it's also the clear opportunity to have to build something special. So embrace the mission and the responsibility cause your getting ready to have a great ride."

So how does something like that sound? Does that meet your superior standards?

cosmodrum

If he were an uncommon man of integrity, he'd say the fan base expects wins, like every other fan base. Hell, we don't even expect championships. We'd be good with 7-8 wins in solid/good years, and 10+ in the occassional extraordinary years.
Go away, batin'

tolerati

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 23, 2017, 04:12:56 pm
If he were an uncommon man of integrity, he'd say the fan base expects wins, like every other fan base. Hell, we don't even expect championships. We'd be good with 7-8 wins in solid/good years, and 10+ in the occassional extraordinary years.

I expect championships but am also realistic enough to know championships at Arkansas are more difficult to obtain than at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, etc ...  I bet many people did not expect Clemson to win a national championship.  It's possible at Arkansas but a lot of things have to fall into place and there always has to be a little good luck as well.
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

Here is what he might say:  Their AD is a good person but couldn't vette a football coach if his life depended on it.  He first called me to thank me for the nice note I sent him about the Petrino thing and to ask me if I knew anyone who might be interested in their job.  He mentioned that they were planning to pay 3 to 4 mill for a new coach and upgrade the assistant pay.  I said hell Jeff, I might be in for that kind of money.  He nearly passed out on the phone.  He said really, sincerely, would you even consider leaving Whisky and I said hell yeah.  Three days later I get the complete agreement overnight mail to my home and though we didn't even talk buyout, this agreement had one very favorable to me.  I had my attorney look it over and it was legit. 

Anyway, you know the rest.  I signed up, showed up and within a week I realized I was in way over my head.  Our lines on both side of the ball couldn't stop a stiff breeze.  The entire team was shell shocked from the previous year, most of the team had graduated and I was not in great position to recruit and besides, I don't recruit, I hire people to do that.

By the second year, I realized that no matter how bad we did, I had the support of 95 percent of the fanbase and all the Administration.  I says to myself, I says, Bret, you done run up on a birds nest on the ground, know what I mean.  I says, hell, just get on this gravy train and ride, Sally ride.  Except for about 3 dozen  loons that saw through me from day one, the rest of these buffoons catered to my wants and needs for 5 plus years.  Hell, I was costing them about 1 mil per conference win and the admin didn't care.  People showing up for the game every week that couldn't afford their utility bills much less a $600.00 weekend watching the Hogs lose.  Shoot, after I saw what I was facing and the likelihood that we had any kind of chance, after that, I just mailed it in.  My heart just wasn't in it.  But back to the important part, I secured a life for my family in 5 years.  If I never coach again, we can make it on that roughly 15 mil I removed from those folks pockets.

cosmodrum

Quote from: tolerati on October 23, 2017, 04:24:47 pm

I expect championships but am also realistic enough to know championships at Arkansas are more difficult to obtain than at Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ohio State, etc ...  I bet many people did not expect Clemson to win a national championship.  It's possible at Arkansas but a lot of things have to fall into place and there always has to be a little good luck as well.

Lol baby steps I guess
Go away, batin'

jdlew

Quote from: KennyForAD on October 23, 2017, 03:32:29 pm
Liar.

Sorry....Horse Fly....All things in this post are true...and...why would a coach not want to work for Jeff Long...

Hawg414

Quote from: hogsanity on October 23, 2017, 03:29:42 pm

you do not think that any coach with two functioning eyes can see how pathetic BBs teams have been?

BB is losing credibility here... not the UA.