Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did no one listen to Wally!

Started by Hogs-n-Roses, October 23, 2017, 08:24:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 23, 2017, 01:26:12 pm
LMAO!  Already been called much worse on HV!  LOL!  General  David Patreaus once told me, "the biggest mistake people make while communicating is that they only pay attention to what's being said, more often than not, communication hinges on what's not being said." 

Very good quote right there. It's very true that you spot the agenda in what's left out which should be said...

And I like the way you think, you and I would have a great time talking over a few stiff drinks I would imagine. And , yeah, Jeff usually tweets and answers emails and all that and he has literally been shut DOWN since the win at all costs comment. Not a peep.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

snoblind

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 23, 2017, 01:21:15 pm
1st hand- many like him, some dont at all. Some consider him petty, doesn't practice what he preaches, and not up for the task at hand....

What I was told came from a friend who was having dinner with the kids during a bowl game trip - a former player who was dating a friend of his daughter was there.  Specifically said that BB had two sets of rules, one for the favored starters and a different set for everyone else.  Player was a starter and said he was treated fine, others not so much and plenty of players weren't happy.  This was at the Belk Bowl.

No links, no back up.  I am not naming the player, so of course, conversation never happened according to some who post here.

Michael D Huff AIA

The next BOT meeting is in Little Rock November 8-9.  That's not too terribly far away.  It would be between now and the final game of the year vs. Missouri. 

Could it be that a roadmap would be put in place to play out the days after our last game?  Play game Friday.  Fire coach Saturday.  Name new coach the next week in time to catch the early signing period for football?

EastexHawg

LMAO!  Already been called much worse on HV!  LOL!  General  David Patreaus once told me, “the biggest mistake people make while communicating is that they only pay attention to what’s being said, more often than not, communication hinges on what’s not being said.” 

I don’t have sources on the Hill but if I live by what GDP taught me; what’s not being said are endorsements by JL of BB since the “not a win at all cost program”  debacle.  He’s been eerily quiet!  Yes, I believe there was contention between the BOT and JL and I believe JL lost.  Why?  If he won, where are his BB endorsements to respond to the media claiming BB is a dead man walking?  If JL is a goner, why didn’t he bolt to Nebraska, after all, the national media was reporting he was the leading candidate?  He didn’t comment when it was being reported and still hasn’t.  As a matter of fact, he refused an interview with the AP.  Why?  Because he knows he lost the fight with the BOT so he couldn’t go out and give a glowing endorsement for BB and he didn’t want to start over at Nebraska, a school with much more FB history and accolades than UA.  Can you imagine making another poor FB hire there?  He would be burned at the stake!

Nope, my assertion isn’t based on sources, it’s based on what isn’t being said which points to BB being gone and JL lying low because he’s still butt hurt, but is exhibiting what EVERY living creature exhibits; self preservation!

I am not saying you are wrong, but if the BOT has to overrule Long, then hold his hand to make sure he doesn't suck out what tiny bit of life may be left in the football program, WHY DO THEY NEED HIM?  For all the "Jeff Long is one of the greatest ADs in America and everyone respects him" people, what "great" AD has to have the Board watch over him like he's a toddler near a sink hole to make sure another disaster doesn't take place?

Long picking a football coach is like a chihuahua picking curtains and floor tile.  If he gets it right it will be nothing more than pure luck because he sure as hell doesn't know what he is doing.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 23, 2017, 01:40:09 pm
LOL!  You figured out I have an infinity for a good stiff drink, especially while watching Hog FB!  LMAO!
hey Im good at this too  ;D
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

texas tush hog

Quote from: Sundog on October 23, 2017, 08:52:13 am
Long will not be fired now nor even in the foreseeable future.  Bert will coach in 2018 with an improved record which will be used to justify his continuance.

You mean like 4-8.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: snoblind on October 23, 2017, 01:42:25 pm
What I was told came from a friend who was having dinner with the kids during a bowl game trip - a former player who was dating a friend of his daughter was there.  Specifically said that BB had two sets of rules, one for the favored starters and a different set for everyone else.  Player was a starter and said he was treated fine, others not so much and plenty of players weren't happy.  This was at the Belk Bowl.

No links, no back up.  I am not naming the player, so of course, conversation never happened according to some who post here.
some here are super jealous for some reason if you happen to know somebody. I am friend's with DDawg, kicked it with him hundreds of times, worked with him, etc. I know Nolan and Rose and have been to their house a dozen times, ranch and condo, have ate with them, my kids have rode their horses. This kind of thing happens in Fayetteville all the time but folks from other places just cant stand it for some reason. There's always a hater that will say somebody is lying about a simple human interaction with one of their legendary hogs.

The Belk Bowl is where this team fell apart. The mizzou game happened, players mutinied on the hoganese, players were getting high in NC and stealing stuff, etc. Team heroes were spitting on their opponents in the BElk and we got smashed. The cancer was in full explosion by then and distracted Bert let it fester all off season. Now he done b/c of it.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 23, 2017, 01:45:32 pm
I am not saying you are wrong, but if the BOT has to overrule Long, then hold his hand to make sure he doesn't suck out what tiny bit of life may be left in the football program, WHY DO THEY NEED HIM?  For all the "Jeff Long is one of the greatest ADs in America and everyone respects him" people, what "great" AD has to have the Board watch over him like he's a toddler near a sink hole to make sure another disaster doesn't take place?

Long picking a football coach is like a chihuahua picking curtains and floor tile.  If he gets it right it will be nothing more than pure luck because he sure as hell doesn't know what he is doing.
Why does Auburn still have Jay Jacobs? oh, he knows where all the bodies are buried...

Jeff knows about some big wig's money hustles, etc.

GuvHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 23, 2017, 01:32:30 pm
LOL!  Where is Pork Rind Jimmy when you need him? LOL!  There are going to be some butt hurt people, questioning their sources, when the announcement of JL’s extension is made.  We shall see who eats crow and admit they were wrong.

Oh, I figure Long will get a very slim majority of the BOT members to give him a new contract but it will be close. There are some BOT members that want him gone.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

MC_Hog

Quote from: hawgdavis on October 23, 2017, 08:27:26 am
For those of us that are way out of the state would you mind giving us a recap please.

#1 Why would I ever listen to Wally
#2 They don't let Wally look at the loop, much less be in it.

Inhogswetrust

October 23, 2017, 02:58:50 pm #60 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 03:14:46 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 23, 2017, 09:45:14 am
Long got to GO!

Long don't got to do nothing for you.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

tuskaloosa

Quote from: onebadrubi on October 23, 2017, 09:04:40 am
To set the record straight, and as odd as it may sound, the players love Bielema, they are not done with him except for possibly a select few.  Even more odd to me is the oline even likes coach A. 

Disclaimer: don't take this as I'm taking up for either, I think it's time for both to go
Think about what you just said. Should the players "Love there Coach"? Yes, but they should also fear him. I know many players and they say that there is no fear of BB. Head coaches should put a healthy fear in there players. BB has no fire. He is not laying it all on the line, and the players follow his lead. We always talk about how the players gotta want it more than the guy across from them. Well, BB has to want it more than the coach across from him. The sad thing is, there are a handful of players that are playing like they want it. Not bc they learned it from BB, but bc they have pride in their own ability and performance on the field. We need a coach that wants it and BB is not that guy.

hawgon

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 23, 2017, 01:54:30 pm
some here are super jealous for some reason if you happen to know somebody. I am friend's with DDawg, kicked it with him hundreds of times, worked with him, etc. I know Nolan and Rose and have been to their house a dozen times, ranch and condo, have ate with them, my kids have rode their horses. This kind of thing happens in Fayetteville all the time but folks from other places just cant stand it for some reason. There's always a hater that will say somebody is lying about a simple human interaction with one of their legendary hogs.

The Belk Bowl is where this team fell apart. The mizzou game happened, players mutinied on the hoganese, players were getting high in NC and stealing stuff, etc. Team heroes were spitting on their opponents in the BElk and we got smashed. The cancer was in full explosion by then and distracted Bert let it fester all off season. Now he done b/c of it.

I got called a liar by a moderator on this board for telling people that it was darned near a shoplifting ring at the Belk Bowl and that there were at least a half a dozen players involved but Sprinkle got the blame because he was the ring leader and everyone else got to put their stuff back up.

RT1941

Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on October 23, 2017, 08:24:03 am
Go back and listen to Wally. He told you the formula. Of course it could have been smoke last week where we thought change was coming but Longs guy is Bielema.
Was Wally the one that told Finebaum that Arkansas wanted to hire Gus Malzhan away from Auburn?  Because Paul's spreading that rumor and his "source" said Gus was a heavy favorite.

Someone please explain to me what you've seen from Malzhan's offense in the last 3 yrs that would make him an attractive candidate at UA? 
RazorTusk!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: sickboy on October 23, 2017, 01:15:53 pm
Do people take hogville reputations seriously?
Yes, you get extra points to redeem for cool prizes....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Kevin on October 23, 2017, 10:23:24 am
we shall see.

lots of people putting their hogville reputation online

That's not really going out on a limb................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

farmhawg

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 23, 2017, 01:45:32 pm

I bet we can find a chihuahua.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Inhogswetrust

LMAO!  Already been called much worse on HV!  LOL!  General  David Patreaus once told me, "the biggest mistake people make while communicating is that they only pay attention to what's being said, more often than not, communication hinges on what's not being said." 

I don't have sources on the Hill but if I live by what GDP taught me; what's not being said are endorsements by JL of BB since the "not a win at all cost program"  debacle.  He's been eerily quiet!  Yes, I believe there was contention between the BOT and JL and I believe JL lost.  Why?  If he won, where are his BB endorsements to respond to the media claiming BB is a dead man walking?  If JL is a goner, why didn't he bolt to Nebraska, after all, the national media was reporting he was the leading candidate?  He didn't comment when it was being reported and still hasn't.  As a matter of fact, he refused an interview with the AP.  Why?  Because he knows he lost the fight with the BOT so he couldn't go out and give a glowing endorsement for BB and he didn't want to start over at Nebraska, a school with much more FB history and accolades than UA.  Can you imagine making another poor FB hire there?  He would be burned at the stake!

Nope, my assertion isn't based on sources, it's based on what isn't being said which points to BB being gone and JL lying low because he's still butt hurt, but is exhibiting what EVERY living creature exhibits; self preservation!

Did Patreaus say that to his mistress also while CIA Director which forced him to resign? He was lucky to get out of that with only a misdemeanor. I do respect his service to the country but he made some mistakes. Communication is not an exact science though. Voice inflection, non verbal motions and such are important. That being said  I'm not sure how much faith I'd put into a man that almost was charged with a felony for giving classified info to someone not in a high security job.
The BOT supports a "not win at all cost" philosophy. They do not support a losing coach however. Also I never read anything from any media that said Long was the leading candidate for Nebraska, only that his name had been brought up. Do I think there might be some "negotiation" with the BOT on some specifics, sure. IF there is one thing we should all have learned from previous coaching situations and changes at Arkansas though under Jeff is he always lies low when there is any question of coaches tenure and even moreso as to who might be a replacement for said coach.

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: RT1941 on October 23, 2017, 03:37:55 pm
Was Wally the one that told Finebaum that Arkansas wanted to hire Gus Malzhan away from Auburn?  Because Paul's spreading that rumor and his "source" said Gus was a heavy favorite.

Someone please explain to me what you've seen from Malzhan's offense in the last 3 yrs that would make him an attractive candidate at UA? 
I didn't hear Wally today. Not even gonna get started with the Malzahn debate. This was a couple of weeks ago I believe and Finebaum surprised him with the question of, "Who would have to go first,AD or coach." And the topic got started with talk of Jeff Long negotiating a new contracy.( I am paraphrasing).