Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Politics Forum Down?

Started by Mikey, December 16, 2017, 10:33:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Or was I kicked out?  It was there one minute and gone the next.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Mikey on December 16, 2017, 10:33:42 pm
Or was I kicked out?  It was there one minute and gone the next.
Deliberately turned off would be my guess.  When politics in the world gets heated and it starts "vigorous debates" in the forum, the powers that be get upset and shut it down if too many go tattle on each other.  Lanny only lets it be around so he can keep the politics out of all of the other sports boards.

Mikey

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on December 16, 2017, 11:41:01 pm
Deliberately turned off would be my guess.  When politics in the world gets heated and it starts "vigorous debates" in the forum, the powers that be get upset and shut it down if too many go tattle on each other.  Lanny only lets it be around so he can keep the politics out of all of the other sports boards.

That's what I figured, but wasn't sure.

Ragnar Hogbrok

The conversations in their weren't worth having anymore, in my opinion.

Sheep calling other sheep, "sheep."  A lot of "go team."  And mostly folks with a simple, binary understanding of politics and government.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: The Chief on December 17, 2017, 03:25:53 am
The conversations in their weren't worth having anymore, in my opinion.

Sheep calling other sheep, "sheep."  A lot of "go team."  And mostly folks with a simple, binary understanding of politics and government.

Sadly true. But nothing different than any other political message board. The scariest part is that the loudest voices on a given topic are usually the most uneducated on the topic, not always but as a rule.

Mick Hogger

I haven't really seen that many arguments lately except for the same 2 that just repeat the same insults over and over at each other. This one is pretty mild compared to the others I read but if people are going to report on each other because of hurt feelings, that's just weak.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Mick Hogger on December 17, 2017, 12:46:16 pm
I haven't really seen that many arguments lately except for the same 2 that just repeat the same insults over and over at each other. This one is pretty mild compared to the others I read but if people are going to report on each other because of hurt feelings, that's just weak.

I was gone for quite awhile, but when the board was there I noticed that Pharm was no longer listed as a mod, and I hadn't seen him post, did he leave?

Augustus

We're already realizing the effects of the FCC's decision on Net Neutrality. It's a brave new world out there; or, at least it better be. ;)

Mick Hogger

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on December 17, 2017, 01:07:28 pm
I was gone for quite awhile, but when the board was there I noticed that Pharm was no longer listed as a mod, and I hadn't seen him post, did he leave?

It was self-moderated but some people can't do that.
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Mick Hogger on December 17, 2017, 06:01:21 pm
It was self-moderated but some people can't do that.

Honestly, I left when Lanny shut it down the first time and had only recently came back and posted at all, so I didn't know what was going on.

I know for fact that it was closed down the first 100 days because of how pathetic the "self moderation" was.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

alohawg

The politics forum is at times among the busiest of all HV. Oh' well, not my site, just another poster who goes to the politics forum first nearly every time.....
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

riccoar

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on December 17, 2017, 01:07:28 pm
No, Lanny removed all Politics MODS and simply listed himself.  It was self-moderated, barring any tattle tales, it would have lived long and prosper.  There were two people who kept going back and forth with personal insults at one another like Kindergartners arguing over a box of crayons.  I'm almost 99.99% that was the issue.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: riccoar on December 18, 2017, 07:01:35 am
No, Lanny removed all Politics MODS and simply listed himself.  It was self-moderated, barring any tattle tales, it would have lived long and prosper.  There were two people who kept going back and forth with personal insults at one another like Kindergartners arguing over a box of crayons.  I'm almost 99.99% that was the issue.

Well, I hadn't been here awhile, and I hadn't seen Fatty since I did come back, so I know it wasn't me this time LOL

riccoar

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on December 18, 2017, 08:17:55 am
Well, I hadn't been here awhile, and I hadn't seen Fatty since I did come back, so I know it wasn't me this time LOL

Pretty sure Fatty got the last one before this one canned.  It was absent after it came back and probably a good reason it lasted this long.

hogcards

Just as well.  More insults than actual political talk.
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

majestic

It always runs more smoothly when the AL fan has been banned.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Dumb ole famrboy

Everyone knew the terms and conditions going in. Those whose actions caused the board to be shut down had to act with the intent and purpose of accomplishing that goal. They win everyone else loses.

Mick Hogger

It would be nice if those people could just have the politics forum made invisible to them and let everyone else be. Everyone else was telling them to cool it.

je100

Quote from: majestic on December 18, 2017, 04:47:52 pm
It always runs more smoothly when the AL fan has been banned.

He's just an ordinary racist, and never stooped to calling anyone a pedophile.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Mick Hogger on December 19, 2017, 08:32:18 am
It would be nice if those people could just have the politics forum made invisible to them and let everyone else be. Everyone else was telling them to cool it.

If I owned a board , I certainly wouldn't have a politics forum that was "self moderated" , no way that could work with tempers high the way they are right now.

alohawg

At the risk of getting political, I'd be shocked if the complainer, aka whiney female dog, is a conservative type.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

majestic

Quote from: alohawg on December 19, 2017, 04:43:31 pm
At the risk of getting political, I'd be shocked if the complainer, aka whiney female dog, is a conservative type.
I'd love to know.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

onebadrubi

Quote from: majestic on December 19, 2017, 05:36:26 pm
I'd love to know.

Yeah, who goes complaining on a dang forum that their feelings were hurt and it was too political.  Geeze, talk about living a sheltered life.  Sadly there are people in this world that would do just a thing because they emotionally were hurt over something in the politics forum.

riccoar

Well, last time just before Trump's inauguration, that deep six was because of Fatty.  This time it was more than likely the sniping between Porkrinds and the other poster.  Name escapes me.  I notice PR's account is gone.

Mick Hogger

It's there if I look at it on my ignore list and shows his posts, etc, but you're right that it's not listed on the member search. But it's not black like some banned people's names are.   The other one is active and posting.

alohawg

So, by deduction can we assume the deleted account was the whiney female dog that gave us all the middle finger by getting politics shut down on the way out?
If So, not surprised in the least.
-Upton Sinclair

― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️

Hardcore Hoggy

In semi related news I just got banned from a big political message board for being from Arkansas.

That is exactly what the moderator told me when he banned me. Permanent.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on December 21, 2017, 06:48:04 pm
In semi related news I just got banned from a big political message board for being from Arkansas.

That is exactly what the moderator told me when he banned me. Permanent.
Are you sure it wasn't your winning personality?   ;)

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: Rocky&Boarwinkle on December 21, 2017, 11:45:14 pm
Are you sure it wasn't your winning personality?   ;)

The written reason was "Arkansas posters not welcome" lots of posters from other states posting there.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on December 22, 2017, 11:59:54 am

The written reason was "Arkansas posters not welcome" lots of posters from other states posting there.
I believe you.  I was just ribbing you a little.

HamboFirstBlood

Is there a post limit to view/ post in the Politics forum? I don't see it listed anywhere.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 01, 2018, 06:22:36 pm
Is there a post limit to view/ post in the Politics forum? I don't see it listed anywhere.

Yes.  Don't know the number.  Sorry.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: The Chief on January 02, 2018, 07:36:24 am
Yes.  Don't know the number.  Sorry.

Isn't it 50?

Not that the forum is worth viewing, but to answer the question, I'm fairly certain it is 50 posts.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 10:34:30 am
Isn't it 50?

Not that the forum is worth viewing, but to answer the question, I'm fairly certain it is 50 posts.

Political forums are a great source of entertainment, even the bad ones. Thanks for the info.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 10:34:30 am
Isn't it 50?

Must have been changed from 50. I see the Tavern now but still not seeing Politics.

Mick Hogger

Are you logged in? You have to be logged into your account also to see the Politics forum.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Mick Hogger on January 02, 2018, 02:00:59 pm
Are you logged in? You have to be logged into your account also to see the Politics forum.

He also has to be logged in to post, so I assume he is.   Might be 200 posts or so. Exclusive club.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Mick Hogger on January 02, 2018, 02:00:59 pm

Yes I'm logged in  still not seeing it. I'll see if I can pm a mod.

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 02, 2018, 01:32:37 pm
Must have been changed from 50. I see the Tavern now but still not seeing Politics.

Do you see the trashcan at a the very bottom?

HamboFirstBlood

Hardcore Hoggy

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 02, 2018, 02:19:46 pm
Yes under File 13.

Then something is wrong, PM Bear and ask him , he is the one who in my expereince can fix technical issues

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 02:24:17 pm
Then something is wrong, PM Bear and ask him , he is the one who in my expereince can fix technical issues

Thanks. Will do.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I honestly think the post count requirement is his problem.

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: The Chief on January 02, 2018, 03:03:30 pm

I pm'd Lanny and asked if that was the issue. No response yet. I'm sure that's what it is. It's no biggie. I appreciate yalls help.

Lanny

Quote from: Hardcore Hoggy on January 02, 2018, 02:24:17 pm
no
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Lanny

Quote from: The Chief on January 02, 2018, 03:03:30 pm
correct
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hardcore Hoggy

Augustus

Quote from: HamboFirstBlood on January 02, 2018, 03:14:20 pm
I pm'd Lanny and asked if that was the issue. No response yet. I'm sure that's what it is. It's no biggie. I appreciate yalls help.

Yep.

Here's the breakdown on things that are unlocked, depending on post count

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=548693.0

HamboFirstBlood

Quote from: Augustus on January 06, 2018, 06:58:12 pm
Yep.

Here's the breakdown on things that are unlocked, depending on post count

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=548693.0

Awesome. Thanks for the link.