Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chuck is choosing his words carefully today....

Started by phoggy, January 15, 2007, 05:21:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

catgil2

Chuck would rather talk about himself than anything else.  That's obvious.

navychief

7-1 just for 1 season. too bad it will not happen the next upcoming seasons.
Quote from: phoggy on January 15, 2007, 05:44:37 pm
caller says we were all misled and were mediocre. chuck says 7-1 in sec not mediocre. good season.
says people want us to go 8-4 with hunh rather than 10-4 the way we did...break

elkhog

Quote from: uglyuncle on January 15, 2007, 06:54:03 pm
chuck is the one that kept telling us that gus was in control of the offense. 

From what I'm hearing from him today, he's done a 180 on that.  Keeps talking about how Gus may have wanted more control of the offense.
GO HOGS!!!

toshortrock

Friday night on the way home from work,ol chuck said the contract for gus was on the table and ready for him to sign,i can;t hear him now,but i'm sure he;s change his tune,hey chuck bend over and grab your ankles
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Jim

I just heard him (Chuck) say something to the effect of how Frank still knows something about football.  I think a caller had just referred to him as an "insider" to which Chuck to exception but the caller asked  something like how much of an impact did Gus' influence truly have.

It was along these lines but Chuck's comment before break was that he believed Frank still knew quite a bit about football.

My question is...in all seriousness...if Frank and his experts are so knowledgable of football, if the University of Arkansas athletic department is this multi-million dollar generating revenue machine and if big money investors & boosters are behind the decisions being made up there...when you factor all of these things into every day operations, including hirings and firings, why wouldn't someone have realized early on that a coach like Gus, who utilized his offense to great success, would not gel with a program like Frank's that relies upon a completely different style of play?

Why would anyone even consider bringing in such a "pass happy" coach to a program that defines itself by the "run"?

This isn't like going in to buy a car where you can test drive it for a couple of days and then decide if an SUV is for you or not.

Certainly, if a man like JFB is the all-knowing football afficiando that many claim he is, wouldn't he know from the outset that bringing in Gus would be a mistake?

I mean really...what would possess someone to bring in a man like this?  What's that you say?  The kids from Springdale?  Nah...surely not.  As if Arkansas' resident football icon would be so easily swayed to stoop to such gutteral means & methods.  Nah...JFB knows more than that...

doesn't he?

Hawgon

This is simply a case of a couple of people with absolutely no principles, Broyles, Nutt, and maybe Lindsey, being absolutely surprised and perhaps, dumbfounded by a man who has principles and will not be used by them.  They thought that Malzahn would be so happy to be here that he would eat their crap no matter what they did.