Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dodgers still on fire!

Started by ChicoHog, August 03, 2013, 06:33:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: Baseball Hog on April 12, 2014, 11:38:43 am
Worst in the majors?  I don't like the Giants either but that's stupid.

I meant 4-5 with Timmy and Vogs.  Timmy already has a 9.9 ERA and Vogs will be 7, they average giving up 8 runs per game together.    That is absolutely horrible and Timmy hasn't shown any signs of consistency, yeah he threw a no-hitter agains the  Padres, who blow.  They throw BP and the Giants will pay for it.  MadBum and Hudson are the only two that show consistency but will Hudson last the entire season at 38.  Cain is hit or miss, he was on today.

I'm a Giants Season Ticket holder, believe me I want them to be awesome, but 4 and 5 in the rotation is up there with the worst in the big leagues especially when you consider how much they are paying them.  Timmy is easily the most over paid 5 in the leagues, but he's a fan favorite, but for some reason the Giants pay for nostalgia. 

They really need to trade Pablow and get something out of him, but knowing their management they will fold and make him one of the highest paid 3rd basemen.   

ChicoHog

Being an avid Dodgers fan living in NoCal I see a lot of Giants games and of course hear my friends discussing them.  I agree with you but the season is very young.  Vogelsong and lincecum cant get any worse.  Hudson will probably go back to reality and be a good but not great pitcher and like you said may not hold up either.  Cain is really inconsistent the last season or so. 

You live in the south bay, SF, East bay?  A buddy of mine wants to go to the Dodger game Wednesday evening, spend the night and see the day game thursday and I thought about it but just have too much going on at work right now.  Should be a good series. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I live in the East Bay, Concord actually.  I'll be at the Thursday Dodgers game.  It should be an exciting race between the two.

I'm optimistic about the Giants, especially the every other year Giants.  There bench is horrible and their offense seems to have settled into last years offense. 

What's your expectations of the Dodgers this year?

Flatline

The Dodgers problem is they have more talent than places for them.  They have Joc Pederson in AAA that could be in the starting in the outfield of most ball clubs but the Dodgers already have four studs in the outfield. 

There big problem is how to keep these people happy.  They are going to have to trade someone and I afraid that it will Pederson and he will be a great one in the years to come. 

ChicoHog

Their talent looks good on paper but isn't really that outstanding.   I compare the dodgers vs giants position vs position

1B  gonzales vs Belt.  Some think that Gonzales is a no brainer.  Not necessarily. On MLB network earlier this year they were ranking all the positions and Belt was rated ahead of Gonzales.  many think he is on the verge of stardom.  Personally I would still take AG for another year or two.
2B  Gordon vs Hicks or whoever is there while Scutaro is hurt.  I'll take Scutaro over gordon but he is hurt I'll call it a draw.
SS:  Ramirez vs Crawford.  Ramirez' bat wins this one.
3B:  sandoval vs Uribe.  pablo wins this one although he is struggling so far this year.
LF:  Morse vs Crawford/Ethier.  I call it a draw
CF:  Kemp/Ethier vs Pagan.  Kemp looks great on paper but in reality they are pretty even.  Pagan has improved a lot since he left the mets.  Kemp is hurt all the time.  Another draw.
RF:  Puig/Ethier vs Pentz.  Another draw.  Ethier may be the most overpaid player in the game.  He'll hit 265, 15 HRs and 65 RBIs and is making 15M.   Puig is still too young to know what you have.  Pentz will always get you 25, 75 and probably .280 avg. 
C:  Posey in a landslide over Ellis
SP:  I'll give the dodgers a slight edge
RP:  Pretty even, maybe a slight edge to the dodgers

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Good summary Chico.

I'm hoping this is Belts breakout year, but he just doesn't seem like he has it in his head at the plate.  He is very streaky but you can tell the second things are not going well at the plate he loses all confidence. 

I am loving Morse this year.  He seems to be the guy carrying this team getting big hits when they need them. 

Pence is and always has been streaky.  He plays really hard.  You guys definitely have more upside potential with head case Puig for sure.

Sandoval seems to have maybe broken out last game, we will see.  I would rather see Sandoval traded.

You guys definitely have us on the starting pitching rotation.  Cain looked good last outing but that is Cain, up and down and will give up a lot of HR's. 

It's gonna be a good race.

We are sworn enemies for the next three days. 

I'll be at the game on Thursday.  You gonna hit up one of the games?

Go Giants!!

ChicoHog

I would love to go but living in Chico I go to maybe or two a year max.  As I get older I seem to be less excited about being there.  Plus it's always so friggin' cold! 

Unless you have great seats to me baseball is much better on TV.  You are just so far from the game.  When I go to football games every year at Razorback stadium I love the view looking down from row 50 on the 35 yard line. And even in the upper deck is not too bad because there is no track around the field and it's neat to see the whole play develop.  You just seem to be closer to the field.  football is so much better in person in my point of view vs baseball. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Good series with you guys.  Both teams seem to be struggling offensively but I see the dodgers getting hot with the bats they have.  Giants seek to be the same from last year.  They will struggle to put up runs this season.  Bochy for some reason doesn't like to use the tried and true strategy of bunting the 2nd base runner to 3rd with no outs and Arias was up to bat, I don't understand that at all.

Anyways when kershaw comes back, you guys should be in the driver seat for the rest of the season.

We need to get some value out of Pablow before he's worth nothing and we sign him to a record contract.

Here's to a good race this year.

My seats are actually pretty solid to watch a game live in the lower box.  I will only make around 10 games, of course TV has a better view, but I just live the baseball atmosphere and a beer and garlic fries.

ChicoHog

sound like great seats!  You have 2 or 4 seats?  If you need to ever get rid of some on a weekend my family would be interested.

flipping around tonight back and forth from Dodgers/Dbacks (I have the MLB extra innings channel so I can watch Dodger games) and Giants/Padres.  both games 1-0 until just now Van Slyke went yard so dodgers tied it up.  Now I see Pads up 2-0.  Hitting is pathetic but pitching is very good.

Saw a stat tonight where Dodgers are 5-0 vs Dbacks and hitting around .300/pitching ERA 1.78 but in all other games hitting .230 and ERA 6.9.  Hitting with RISP is a pathetic .214.   

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 18, 2014, 11:36:04 pm
sound like great seats!  You have 2 or 4 seats?  If you need to ever get rid of some on a weekend my family would be interested.

flipping around tonight back and forth from Dodgers/Dbacks (I have the MLB extra innings channel so I can watch Dodger games) and Giants/Padres.  both games 1-0 until just now Van Slyke went yard so dodgers tied it up.  Now I see Pads up 2-0.  Hitting is pathetic but pitching is very good.

Saw a stat tonight where Dodgers are 5-0 vs Dbacks and hitting around .300/pitching ERA 1.78 but in all other games hitting .230 and ERA 6.9.  Hitting with RISP is a pathetic .214.   

I have two, next year I will have four and better seats than what I have now.

ChicoHog

Watching my least favorite pitcher in the history of baseball, Brian Wilson, blow another game for the Dodgers.  Please take him back! 

Dodgers pitching has been pretty good so far, especially starting pitching except for Maholm who is only there because of injuries to Kershaw and Billingsley.  Hitting (outfielders hitting is horrible), defense is horrible but pitching decent. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: ChicoHog on April 25, 2014, 12:25:07 am
Watching my least favorite pitcher in the history of baseball, Brian Wilson, blow another game for the Dodgers.  Please take him back! 

Dodgers pitching has been pretty good so far, especially starting pitching except for Maholm who is only there because of injuries to Kershaw and Billingsley.  Hitting (outfielders hitting is horrible), defense is horrible but pitching decent. 

You guys can have him.  It was great to boo him after turning over to the dark side.  The heckling fans were great when he was warming up in the bullpen.  He served his purpose for us and is no more.  But he was a great Giant.  One of the few moves I agree with was letting him go.  We seem to hang on to the past and for some reason they didn't with Wilson.

Seems to be a lot of parody in baseball right now.  Almost every division is up in the air right now.  Great season.

Yes the Dodgers starting pitching has been great, but just like the Giants, the offenses our not supplying the pitching staff with runs. 

As bad as I hate to say this, I think the Dodgers win the WS this year.  They are build for the long haul, even with injury. 

ChicoHog

I appreciate your optimism!  It's a long season and I agree with you on the parity of baseball. That is good for fans in many cities.  Like the NFL, someone different has a chance every year. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Well this could be how the season will be, flip flopping between Giants and Dodgers. 

Tim Hudson has been a huge pick up for us.

Our bats are starting to catch fire, we are not just hitting home runs to score.

Something is seriously wrong with Posey.  He has been in a major slump since last years All Star break.  In the last 10 games he is batting under .100

I would give ya'll Sandoval for Uribe back in a split second.

Do you think Puig is going to be a major player for the Dodgers in the years to come?  Seeing him in person, that guy is a beast, build like a SEC Alabama Linebacker.  He is cocky, but it seems all the greats have that swagger.  I hope he pans out really.  Giants fans can't stand him, but as a baseball fan in general, they need him to play very well.  He pulled a Willie Mays over the shoulder catch against us last time.

How do you see the year playing out for the Dodgers?

ChicoHog

Puig is actually starting to hit a little and around .270 now. the combination of Crawford, Ethier and Kemp are around .200.  Absolutely horrible.  Uribe, gonzalez and gordon are carrying the team offensively with Puig and Ramirez starting to come around.  Last year it was those two who carried the Dodgers and they may have to do it again. 

I would love to dump Crawford or Ethier and bring up Petersen from the minors but I don't think there would be any takers unless the dodgers pay their salary.

I still think it will come down to the Gmen and the Dodgers in the end but unless either of them start hitting there may not be a wild card in their future.

Next year when you get those 4 tickets I would love to pay you for a weekend game that you cannot attend.  Do you go to any Hog games?  I have been going back to a game every year for the last 25 years.  I have one college buddy who lives in Rhode Island (his son now goes to Arkansas), one who lives in Arizona and another who lives in ft Smith.  My buddy in Rhode Island has season tickets which we use for that game and then he sells the others.  My sister lives north of Springdale so we stay there.  We usually come in on Wednesday, play golf thursday and Friday, go to game saturday and fly home sunday.  This year we are considering going to NIU game and then driving down to Dallas for the A&M game.  Not sure yet. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I try to make a game every year.  I got to watch the razorbacks get thumped in basketball by Cal.  We had a pretty good showing of hog fans in berkeley that day. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Well Chico, it seems like the Giants are gelling.  With Timmy and Vogs coming on strong, this team seems posed for another every other year world series run.  Pablos bat has come on strong.

Crawford is one of the best defensive 2nd basemen in the league.

I like Hicks at second over Scutaro, his OBP is not too shabby and he is showing some power. 

I'm not sold on Belt.

Morse has been a huge surprise and pick up.

Pence is hitting.

Posey doesn't seem himself and if he becomes the Posey we know he can be, I don't think there is a team that could beat us in a 7 game series.

This team will be tough to beat.

It will be interesting to see what we do with Pablo in a contract year at the trading deadline.

Our weakness I think is we may have the worst bench in baseball and Romo just isn't a closer.  But now that we brought Colvin up, it will be interesting to see the roster when Scutaro and Belt come back.  I think we keep Hicks at second over Scutaro.  Blanco is only for defense, I think we send Adrianza down.

It's going to come down to the final few weeks between Us and your Dodgers.

whats your thoughts on the Dodgers as of now?

ChicoHog

Good to hear from you again.  The Gmen are tough.  Crawford is really good and is finally becoming a threat offensively also.  Last time i looked Hicks was barely over .200 but had 6 or 7 HRs.  A couple weeks ago I was looking at team stats and the Dodgers were hitting better than the giants in avg but had a lot less HRs.  colorado was way above everyone in avg, HRs, etc. as they usually are playing in denver but the giants were second in homers.  What's killing dodgers right now is their bullpen.  the entire staff is last in the league in giving up walks and the BP has thrown more innings than any other staff, some of that having to do with how many extra inning games Dodgers have played.  And their record in extra inning games is 3-7 mostly because of their lousy BP.  Jansen has finally come around the last few outings but the rest of them excluding Howell have been horrible. 

The outfield is finally starting to hit.  Losing uribe hurts as he has been nails at 3B and is hitting well.  Ramirez is killing the offense and is not a good defensive SS.  I doubt Dodgers give him long term deal unless he changes it around.  Mattingly needs to grow a pair and drop him in the order a few notches.  Puig is on fire and may be an MVP candidate.

I still think the rockies will be in for the long haul.  Their offense is just too good. 

hoglady

Heard the call on the radio of the 9th inning this afternoon when Becket threw his first no-hitter. That was pretty exciting to listen to.
Dodgers are for sure rolling.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ChicoHog

They are not real hot yet but are improving.  with Kershaw back the starting rotation looks real good.  The bullpen has been their achilles heal all year.  We'll see how that goes. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Well the season is shaping up to be as I figured Chico.  You guys are built for a championship run.  Giants are one of the streakiest teams I've ever seen.  No consistency whatsoever.  Kershaw is a freak on the mound.  I hope he stays healthy and has a long career because he is something to watch.  Good luck down the stretch.  we have what?  6 games left home/away with the Dudgers.  Gonna be a great race.

ChicoHog

I agree.  Dodgers have been feasting on the 3 terrible teams in the west although the Padres have been pretty decent lately.  I am worried about the Nationals and Brewers as the crew from Milwaukee swept us in LA a couple weeks ago.  They have some pop and good pitching. 

You going to any of the Dodger games in SF?  I think that is the same weekend I am going back to Arkansas for a Hog game. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: ChicoHog on August 28, 2014, 10:00:33 am
I agree.  Dodgers have been feasting on the 3 terrible teams in the west although the Padres have been pretty decent lately.  I am worried about the Nationals and Brewers as the crew from Milwaukee swept us in LA a couple weeks ago.  They have some pop and good pitching. 

You going to any of the Dodger games in SF?  I think that is the same weekend I am going back to Arkansas for a Hog game. 

I might hit up one game depending on work schedule.  Giants are getting hot so this could be a great finish between these two.  I plan on going to at least one razorback game this year, not sure which one.  Which game you going to see?

ChicoHog

For the last 20+ plus years myself and my old college buddies have gone to a high profile game in Fayetteville. We always go in september or October at the latest so the weather is still good.  Saw Texas game in 2004 and SC in 2006 but otherwise all SEC games.  We are changing it up this year since the only SEC home game in the first half of the season is Bama, who we have seen in 08, 10 and 12.  Going to NIU game and then staying another week and going to A&M game in Jerry World.  Wanted to see Georgia but that game is in Little Rock. 

ChicoHog

Did you go to any of the games this weekend?  One of the people that I work with went on Sunday. 

I am leaving this Friday for Arkansas to see the NIU game. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Well we gotta beat the pirates Wednesday.  I really hope we get to see the Giants Dodger series again.  It won't go too well for the giants.  Kershaw should win MVP. 

I know you went to the game in Dallas.  We were by far the better team.  So disappointing.  At least you got to see one win.  You think we are heading in the right direction?  I do

ChicoHog

Man was that game saturday disappointing.  Penalties, missed FG, DBs falling down, etc.,  Jerry World is a pretty impressive place.  Would not mind going back there to see another game.

Giants have best pitcher going Wednesday.  Pirates have Volquez who actually was a Dodger last year (late season acquisition).  Should be a good game.   I hope we beat the Cards.  I have always disliked them since 1985 when Ozzie Smith hit his first home run lefthanded in his entire career (3000 ABs).  Lucky son of guns! 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Giants made that look easy.  MadBum vs Kershaw would be a great matchup if the cards fall right.  Kershaw is something to watch. 

I'm worried about anything past Peavy in the Giants pitching lineup.  Hudson has been on rest, but has been a total failure second half of the season.  Hope this is another 2012.  We have to take 1/2 in Washington or we don't make it to the NLCS.  Peavy vs Stras will be a good matchup, we got the best of Stras last go around.  Peavy looks like Eddie Vedder these days, by the way.

Let's hope for a Giants Dodgers NLCS.  I think Dodgers should have no problem making it there, but the Giants have a tough series with the Nationals.  If they don't matchup I'll make one game at least.

If Moneyball Beane was not part owner he would be fired.  He micromanaged himself out of a deep run in the playoffs.   

popcornhog

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 03, 2014, 06:48:30 am
Giants made that look easy.  MadBum vs Kershaw would be a great matchup if the cards fall right.  Kershaw is something to watch. 

I'm worried about anything past Peavy in the Giants pitching lineup.  Hudson has been on rest, but has been a total failure second half of the season.  Hope this is another 2012.  We have to take 1/2 in Washington or we don't make it to the NLCS.  Peavy vs Stras will be a good matchup, we got the best of Stras last go around.  Peavy looks like Eddie Vedder these days, by the way.

Let's hope for a Giants Dodgers NLCS.  I think Dodgers should have no problem making it there, but the Giants have a tough series with the Nationals.  If they don't matchup I'll make one game at least.

If Moneyball Beane was not part owner he would be fired.  He micromanaged himself out of a deep run in the playoffs.

Hopefully Kershaw continues his playoff struggles against the Cardinals tonight. Waino has been dominant over his past few starts after dealing with dead arm for awhile.

Game 1 of the NLDS may be the one that decides this series.
WPS

ChicoHog

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 03, 2014, 06:48:30 am

Love the Eddie Vedder reference!  I agree with you on Billy beane.  I realize he tried to make a team that could make a run in the playoffs because they failed year after year but it didn't work.  Not sure what they do now. 

ChicoHog

Quote from: popcornhog on October 03, 2014, 07:49:20 am
Hopefully Kershaw continues his playoff struggles against the Cardinals tonight. Waino has been dominant over his past few starts after dealing with dead arm for awhile.

Agreed.  Today is huge, although bigger for Dodgers than Cards.  I think St. Louis can withstand a loss more than LA as it's Kershaw and it's home.  Plus Greinke has been just ok lately and Ryu is coming off another injury.  Lynn has been lights out for the Cards. 

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 03, 2014, 09:10:22 am
Agreed.  Today is huge, although bigger for Dodgers than Cards.  I think St. Louis can withstand a loss more than LA as it's Kershaw and it's home.  Plus Greinke has been just ok lately and Ryu is coming off another injury.  Lynn has been lights out for the Cards.

Yeah, I like Lynn and Shelby a lot. And Wacha will be working out of the pen with Lackey as the Game 4 starter as of right now.

If there is a game 5 it should be Waino/Kershaw again.

I still feel like the winner of game 1 is very very much in the driver's seat.
WPS

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Quote from: popcornhog on October 03, 2014, 07:49:20 am

Huge win for St. Louis Today.  Kershaw just isn't the same in post season.  I don't get it after the season he had.  I really wanted to go see a Giants Dodgers series, not only to go see, but I would make some good money on my post season tickets.  I think Giants would fair better against the Cardinals though as far as path to the world series.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I gotta say Chico, MadBum is just a freak when he's in the playoffs and Kershaw is not good.

On the Giants Board they have MadBum=Montana of Course and Kershaw=Manning.

Originally said MadBum to Brady but they said no way to compare him to that pansy Brady LOL.

I'm hoping its a Giants Royals WS because my best friend is a huge Royals fan and I told him I'd take him to the WS if they both make it.

popcornhog

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 03, 2014, 09:52:05 pm
Huge win for St. Louis Today.  Kershaw just isn't the same in post season.  I don't get it after the season he had.  I really wanted to go see a Giants Dodgers series, not only to go see, but I would make some good money on my post season tickets.  I think Giants would fair better against the Cardinals though as far as path to the world series.

To be fair, Kershaw pitched six spectacular innings, it just all came apart in the seventh.

Another good pitching matchup tonight.
WPS

ChicoHog

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 03, 2014, 10:05:09 pm
I gotta say Chico, MadBum is just a freak when he's in the playoffs and Kershaw is not good.

On the Giants Board they have MadBum=Montana of Course and Kershaw=Manning.

Originally said MadBum to Brady but they said no way to compare him to that pansy Brady LOL.

I'm hoping its a Giants Royals WS because my best friend is a huge Royals fan and I told him I'd take him to the WS if they both make it.
Royals are on fire now.  Angels best team in baseball and now down 0-2 at home and going on the road to KC.  It's about getting hot at the right time and getting some breaks. 
Good reference on Kershaw and Bumgarner although I will never diss Tom brady.  Anyone who can bang and have  akid with Bridget Moynihan and then marry Giselle Bunchen is alright with me. 

popcornhog

WPS

dhornjr1

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Well I gotta say I was hoping for a Giants Dodgers NLCS. 

Mattingly needs to go.

I'm seeing a trend with the Giants.  I did not think this was going to happen much less get out of the Wild Card and my dumb ass booked a trip to Jamaica during the entire World Series.  I will have to rethink Jamaica if the Giants make it being that I have playoff tickets.  What was I thinking?

clutch

Quote from: FelixJonesorDMAC? on October 08, 2014, 12:28:24 am
Well I gotta say I was hoping for a Giants Dodgers NLCS. 

Mattingly needs to go.

I'm seeing a trend with the Giants.  I did not think this was going to happen much less get out of the Wild Card and my dumb ass booked a trip to Jamaica during the entire World Series.  I will have to rethink Jamaica if the Giants make it being that I have playoff tickets.  What was I thinking?

Hopefully you'll be able to go to Jamaica instead.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

DeltaBoy

Yep the Dodgers were SO HOT they burned themselves up!  Enjoy the Break Dodger fans.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Alright Chico, baseball is back.  Whats your prediction for the NL West this year.  I think for my Giants, typical every other year slump.  Lincecum looked good in his first start but doesn't have much of a fastball.  I believe Peavy was a bad signing, hoping for Peavy of old is not good.  Our pitching will be suspect.  MadBum will be solid as usual.  Hudson will run out of steam midway through the season, Cain is still a question mark.  I see Petit making his way into the starting rotation by mid season. 

Our middle and closer is sketch and will see a lot of action this year with Hudson, Peavy and Lincecum and Cain our core staff, Petit will be used a lot. 

Casilla at closer makes more since than Romo even though Romo is a favorite here.

-I was hoping to sign Aoki and he seems to be getting on base and he is a better outfielder than Morse, but thats not saying a lot. 
-Pagan as usual will probably go to the DL 2-3 times and then gone for the season.
-Panik is still a question mark going into sophomore season, may slump but he's a good second baseman, he won't hit like he did last year now that opposing teams can prepare and have some info on him.
Posey is Posey, a stud.
Belt-can he stay off the DL.  This could be his breakout year if he stays healthy, he should be a 25-35 HR guy with 80-100 RBI consistently.
Pence-love this guy, plays his heart out and he is kinda crazy, perfect, we are missing him on the DL right now.
Mcghee-probably not going to have numbers like last year in Florida.  He will be our 3B for this year only, it hurt losing Pablo although he is being a baby about it.  If Mcghee puts up numbers like he did with Miami, we will not drop off too much from Pablo streakiness, guy can win and lose games.  No doubt about it this is a weak spot.
Crawford is an excellent defensive shortstop that makes errors on plays that other shortstops can't even make a play, he has great range.  He had descent offensive numbers last year and won some games for us.  Hopefully he can improve this year.

I think LA takes the west and SD once they gel together if Kemp stays off the DL, they will be in the running and than the Giants finish 3rd as long as pitching holds up, otherwise they could finish below Colorado.  If our pitching surprises with Cain back and Lincecum working with his dad pays off, we could compete for the pennant, thats a big IF.

ChicoHog

Yes baseball is back.  I was so disappointed last year in the playoffs and the disaster against the Cards I didn't post anymore in this forum.  I think the dodgers and giants are weaker than last year and the Padres are definitely better.  I predict a close division going down to the last week.  The
Rockies are playing well now but I don't see that continuing. I think it will come down to the Dodgers, pads and giants with the Dodgers squeaking it out but the Pads may make the playoffs and would not surprise me if they won the division and of course Kemp has to stay healthy.  With Kimbrel in the bullpen they will be tough to beat in the ninth.  That was a great trade for them if they want to win now.  Their starting pitching is pretty good, they have almost a whole new lineup and now have Kimbrel as closer.
    I agree with you on the Giants breakdown.  I think they will miss sandoval a lot.  Belt should be a star this year.  Pagan will get hurt as always.  Hudson will probably regress a little.  Cain-who knows? 
     Dodgers will have trouble scoring consistently and bullpen will be their achilles heel.  Jansen needs to be lights out when he returns and the setup guys have to be better than last year. 

I bought tickets to the Dodgers/A's game in August at the Coliseum.  Should be fun. 

pigture perfect

I would love to see a match up of Cards and Dodgers in the playoffs again. Great traditions.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ChicoHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on April 13, 2015, 11:21:48 pm
I would love to see a match up of Cards and Dodgers in the playoffs again. Great traditions.
I would too if I was a Cards fan.  They own the dodgers the last couple of years.  I don't want any part of them!

FelixJonesorDMAC?

Well Chico, the Giants are coming on strong and I believe are in the Dodgers heads.  That three game shutout was brutal.  I was at game 1, missed the MadBum homer.

So it seems Lincecums dad coaching him in the off season has paid off, he has some nasty stuff, just not nasty fastball. 

I'm surprised by Vogelsong.  It will be interesting to see who drops down if Cain makes it back.  Maybe Peavey and we have pitcher by committee. 

Petit made his way into the lineup tonight.

Pence is back and its very obvious, because Belt can't be pitched around like he was to start the season and we are seeing Belt bust out.

Crawford is becoming an All Star.

McGeeDouble Play is atrocious.  This guy has been a disaster.  The positive side, it gave us a chance to see Duffy and he is playing solid.

We really need to go after a solid pitcher by the trading deadline.  Maybe Scott Kazmir.

Dodgers really need a coach.  I don't think Don is the answer.  What do you think?  I may not like Puig because I'm a Giants fan, but you guys need him.  No matter what I love watching him play.  He has the IT factor.   

I really want to see this go down to the wire.

I'm concerned about longevity of the Giants pitching rotation throughout the year, especially with Hudson, Vogelson, Peavey and an iffy Cain.   

ChicoHog

I had to listen to my Giants fan friends all week!  It was tough!  Dodgers were playing over their heads offensively the first 6 weeks.  Gonzalez was on fire, Kendrick hitting well, Pedersen, etc.,  Joc is either HR, walk or strikeout.  He needs to cut back on his swing a little or he may strike out 200 times.  Definitely not a lead off hitter.  Rollins has been horrible.  On the plus side Ethier, Grandal, Turner have all done well.  Injuries have been bad but with a bench like Dodgers have it has not hurt that much.  Overall the Gmen still have a better team, especially if Dodgers are without Puig and Ryu.  Giants have better starting pitching, better bullpen (with jansen back that help Dodgers a lot) and lineup is pretty equal.  Giants have huge edge at catcher and SS, slight edge at RF and CF, Dodgers edge at 1B and 3B, I'd say even at 2B and LF.  Dodgers probably have better bench. 

I watched last nights game with Bolsinger pitching.  Gave up a lead off single then retired 23 straight.  Did not even have 100 pitches and Mattingly removed him for Jansen to start the ninth.  Let the guy finish hist shutout!  Today's managers drive me nuts with their micro-managing of pitching.  I guess it work though.  Look at KC last year.  We may see a day when 9 guys pitch one inning each all throwing gas at 95mph+. 

FelixJonesorDMAC?

I bet you did.  Don't worry, the Dodgers fans in our stadium are like the A's fans, constantly talking even in our own stadium and after the ownage, but its cool as long as it is just good banter. 

It seems the cut off in baseball is 100 pitches and probably in a few years they will transition to 75 and have a huge emphasis on middle relief.  No more Walter Johnsons thats for sure.   Y. Petit is what will be the norm in baseball and a long middle relief guy.  They will just have to allow a win to be after 4 innings.  Pretty much a long middle relief guy who can occasionally start I see happening.

I'm really like where the Giants are right now.  We just DFA'd Mcghee and brought up another pitcher Strickland who just throws gas which gets yakked out of the park.  I'd rather start Duvall, which we are at 3rd, and keep Mcghee as back up 3rd base, but they are going with Arias because he can play any position.   

I figured Rollins would be better than he was and thought Dodgers made a mistake signing him.  I think they should have kept Dee Gordon also, that guy is a stealing and run scoring machine.  Always puts you in position to score if he gets on base.

I now think we can take the West. 

When is Puig due back?  Panik will be stud 2b in the future.

KC is a fun team to watch.  The ultimate team.  They gave the Gmen all they could handle in the Series.  I hope they continue to stay competitive and not the MLB minor farm system, especially with the ties to Arkansas minor league ball.

It will be a fun season to watch again.  We just need to backdoor our way into the playoffs again.  Bochy is definitely a guy that prepares for the playoffs, by allowing players to play thru their struggles and figure things out by October and if they fail to make the playoffs so be it, he would rather win the whole thing than make the playoffs is how he coaches.   It allows for a lot of rest days for player because he wants a lot of game experience for his guys even the bench.  Same goes for pitcher, he let Heston get rocked by the Padres but never pulled him until he reached his amount of pitches.  Irritating but I get it.