Andy Kennedy Out at Ole Miss

Started by Next1_04, February 12, 2018, 12:30:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Next1_04

At the end of the season.

Per twitter.

PonderinHog

SemperHawg

Short term I wonder what this does for us playing there on Tuesday night... Do they come out inspired or fold it up?

SouthTulsaHog

Wouldn't be surprised if this news helped circle the wagon for their team and they came out and played the best game of their season...

jjdlc

Quote from: SouthTulsaHog on February 12, 2018, 12:35:54 pm
Wouldn't be surprised if this news helped circle the wagon for their team and they came out and played the best game of their season...

Always hate catching a team immediately after news like this.  More often than not that first game afterwards they come out playing inspired, then fall apart afterwards.

Dwight_K_Shrute

This is his 12th season with the team, and the worst of his career.  Will be interesting to see which direction they go.  It just doesn't feel like their fans care that much about basketball.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Bacon_Bitz

outlawhogeywells

it is the perfect storm.  They have been playing very poorly the last few games.  I think they have lost 4 or 5 in a row.  now they announce they will fire their coach.  Ole piss will come out on fire

SemperHawg

We will need to do something we haven't done well all year and that is come out and jump on them early... I don't like our chances of that.   Often times (as alluded to above) something like this getting announced takes all of the pressure off of a team and then come out and play better right off of the bat before the realization sets in and they eventually fold up shop.  I HATE that we are getting them at their house right out of the gate after this announcement.

ADavisTheGOAT

Yep we are definitely going to lose now
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

mizzouman

Yeah, writing was on the wall.  However, that may change some things for the game.  Will the players come out more inspired?  Worse thing that can happen to the Hogs.

RagingHawgOn

I look for Ole Piss to play inspired ball.  Given the history with MA teams, this will probably be one of those turd games after a big win Saturday.

As always, hope I'm wrong.

Paul

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

DeltaBoy

I hope we beat them in spite of this news.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

mhuff

I don't care what news;just go out and put the hammer down from the get.

hawg1221

They've had our number most years regardless of how good they are. It's not going to be a surprise if they win, just a disappointment.

jst01

oh great...motivation for them.  This is like the year in football when we seemed to play every team on a day when they were either celebrating their National Title or remembering an all time great on his birthday or some crap like that.. Wonderful.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Paul on February 12, 2018, 01:15:02 pm
  you're incorrigible!
Well, I thought he might be too distraught to drive.   :P

je100

For what it's worth, as of today, Anderson has a 1 1/2 conference game record lead on Kennedy over Anderson's SEC tenure.  They were tied going into last week.

hawg1221

The_Iceman

Now they are going to play for their coach tomorrow and beat us by 20+

trphog

All I can seem to think right now is that MA should go hire him immediately to be a bench coach.

Hawg Red

Now that we've determined that Ole Miss will be playing extra hard for this game, we should give extra credit to Anderson if the Hogs win, no?

SemperHawg

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 12, 2018, 02:00:13 pm
Now that we've determined that Ole Miss will be playing extra hard for this game, we should give extra credit to Anderson if the Hogs win, no?
Don't you know anything?  If we win then it will obviously be because Ole Miss has given up on this season.

3of5-2

Ole Miss will get an early lead, but it will disappear by halftime. Hogs run the streak to 34 games of winning when leading at the half.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: trphog on February 12, 2018, 01:53:35 pm
All I can seem to think right now is that MA should go hire him immediately to be a bench coach.

Cab driver protest at The Bud prevents this from happening!!
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Cinco de Hogo

My guess is they will hire the coach we want, LOL!

mykidsdad

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on February 12, 2018, 02:21:28 pm
My guess is they will hire the coach we want, LOL!

I doubt that Mike will leave for Ole Miss.

FATHAWG08

If we play like we have the last 1-1/2 games (solid hard nose defense,get the ball inside to open up the perimeter) we should win and get this team some confidence for the remaining road games. Gabe has helped this team get back to playing like they did earlier in the year. PK80
I love off season Football!!

mykidsdad

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 12, 2018, 02:28:00 pm
If we play like we have the last 1-1/2 games (solid hard nose defense,get the ball inside to open up the perimeter) we should win and get this team some confidence for the remaining road games. Gabe has helped this team get back to playing like they did earlier in the year. PK80

This is true. if you look at it objectively all that is really different from when we were playing bad and what we have looked like recently and at the start of the season is effort and sharing the ball. If we play with effort on D and share the ball, we are very good. If do don't then we are not. pretty simple really. Gabe plays with effort as does Hall. If others match that intensity we are in good shape.

trphog

99toLife

cityhog

cityhog

Quote from: trphog on February 12, 2018, 01:53:35 pm

seriously. i'm all for that.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: cityhog on February 12, 2018, 03:05:15 pm
seriously. i'm all for that.

12 years and two NCAA tournament appearances

razorbackchamps94

99toLife

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on February 12, 2018, 03:50:17 pm
Lol .. They barley beat them at Walton.

True, but they are fading..  My guess 10+ point win, I know that sounds crazy....Even Mizzou beat them at home lately..

Dwight_K_Shrute

He's not a terrible coach.  Possibly a terrible person.  Forgotten fact in the cabbie dust up is that his wife actually sued the taxi driver for loss of familial relations.

https://deadspin.com/5132893/the-thrill-is-gone-mississippi-coachs-wife-sues-for-lack-of-sex
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Breems

I'm gonna miss ol' Andy. He kept Ole Miss nice and predictable. Surround one or two decent scorers with some tough rebounders and let it fly.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

jabber71

He got fired because not only did he lose the team, he lost 5 games in a row. We will feast on their bones without shedding a  :'( and move on to the next victim  >:(

You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

BannerMountainMan

February 12, 2018, 05:02:45 pm #43 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 05:15:54 pm by BannerMountainMan
MA is twice the coach Kennedy is, Kennedy 12 years 2 tourney appearances, Anderson 6 years 2 appearances so after they tear it will prolly be 13 and 2 and 7 and 3, no wonder they fired him
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

cityhog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 12, 2018, 03:46:17 pm
12 years and two NCAA tournament appearances

MA has 2 in 7 years. Let's not be looking down our nose at coaches

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: cityhog on February 12, 2018, 05:09:02 pm
2 in 6
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

razorback1829

Quote from: cityhog on February 12, 2018, 05:09:02 pm

2 in 6. Year 7 isn't over with. Nice try. We should also add his appearances at other schools as well though.

hawgball40

Quote from: razorback1829 on February 12, 2018, 05:16:06 pm
2 in 6. Year 7 isn't over with. Nice try. We should also add his appearances at other schools as well though.
Agreed, but if we darn the bed we won't be making it this year. we're a small step off the bubble atm

porkinsons disease

Quote from: je100 on February 12, 2018, 01:46:02 pm
For what it's worth, as of today, Anderson has a 1 1/2 conference game record lead on Kennedy over Anderson's SEC tenure.  They were tied going into last week.

AK had 5 extra years to get his style players that can play in his system though. Mike will get it done......just wait...and wait
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hogwildjoshua

Won't be surprised to yearly Mike Anderson Coached Team Collapse on the road against a inspired Ole Miss  :puke: