Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CJ Jones and Gafford

Started by Rome26, December 10, 2017, 08:19:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome26

will make us a very scary team in March. They will only get better as the season progress.

hawgsalot

Quote from: Rome26 on December 10, 2017, 08:19:56 am
will make us a very scary team in March. They will only get better as the season progress.

If we can get some how get Garland on the floor watch out next year.  Hall, Gafford, Jones, Bailey Garland and all these young guys coming watch out.

BBHog

Quote from: hawgsalot on December 10, 2017, 08:41:08 am
If we can get some how get Garland on the floor watch out next year.  Hall, Gafford, Jones, Bailey Garland and all these young guys coming watch out.

Don't be looking forward to next year. We will be fine, but this is our year. We have the senior leadership and guard play to lead us to a tournament run.

cardsNhogs

Quote from: hawgsalot on December 10, 2017, 08:41:08 am
I was thinking next year was going to be a down year but if Jones keeps progressing and Gafford comes back then we could make another run at NCAA T Bid

HawgnCorona

December 10, 2017, 09:47:00 am #4 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 10:05:44 am by HawgnCorona
Quote from: cardsNhogs on December 10, 2017, 09:32:58 am
I was thinking next year was going to be a down year but if Jones keeps progressing and Gafford comes back then we could make another run at NCAA T Bid

Yeah, you know we are starting to hear about Gafford coming back. IMO, I think he stays another year for sure. After that I don't think it would be realistic for us think he will...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Rome26

Quote from: cardsNhogs on December 10, 2017, 09:32:58 am

I think next year's team could be CMA's best defensive team ever if Gafford comes back. Our starting lineup will likely look like this

Harris
Jones
Hall
Bailey
Gafford

Hollywood_HOGan45

Don't forget about Reggie Chaney.

jchill

I would love to see Gafford come back, but from what I am seeing so far this season, I do not think he will. I am so impressed by his game. Not only is he gifted athletically, but he has a fire in him that coaches like. He is not afraid of a challenge and will fight. This young man will be on an NBA roster next season. As someone mentioned in another discussion, that's not necessarily a bad thing. To see his progress from the first game until now is a testament to the coaching by CMA and staff which should only bolster the recruiting of more players of Daniel's caliber. I hope that my prediction for Daniel is wrong, but that young man is too talented and driven to remain on the hill for another year.

Fan701

Quote from: jchill on December 10, 2017, 10:59:00 am
I would love to see Gafford come back, but from what I am seeing so far this season, I do not think he will. I am so impressed by his game. Not only is he gifted athletically, but he has a fire in him that coaches like. He is not afraid of a challenge and will fight. This young man will be on an NBA roster next season. As someone mentioned in another discussion, that's not necessarily a bad thing. To see his progress from the first game until now is a testament to the coaching by CMA and staff which should only bolster the recruiting of more players of Daniel's caliber. I hope that my prediction for Daniel is wrong, but that young man is too talented and driven to remain on the hill for another year.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, Gafford is in no mock drafts at present, first round or even second round.  That could change, but right now you can plan on seeing him back next year, which is great because he is one of the most exciting Razorbacks I've ever seen.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Im hoping its a deal like Blake Griffin. Blake had an outstanding frosh year where he averaged 14 and 7 a game. He wanted to come back and dominate college basketball and become the number one pick.

Really hoping he enjoys being a Hog too much to leave this early.

HawgHeadCheese

I knew Daniel was a beast athletically but  I had no ideal he had such soft touch and a few post moves. I can't lie when I watched him yesterday I was thinking if only Reggie Perry would've kept his commitment. That would've been the nastiest front court ever.

JONAS

I'm really impressed with Jones.  He has definitely improved since last year.

niels_boar

We haven't had a player with Gafford's motor ever.  Who has? The best comparisons are probably Hood or Andrew Lang.  Gafford is bigger than Hood and already a better offensive player than Lang.

Jones is just a scoring beast.  He's got a chance to be one of the best offensive players to wear the uniform before he leaves if he keeps adding to his game.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

razorback1829

Quote from: niels_boar on December 10, 2017, 01:21:12 pm
We haven't had a player with Gafford's motor ever.  Who has? The best comparisons are probably Hood or Andrew Lang.  Gafford is bigger than Hood and already a better offensive player than Lang.

Jones is just a scoring beast.  He's got a chance to be one of the best offensive players to wear the uniform before he leaves if he keeps adding to his game.

I think he kind of reminds me of a young Shaquille O'Neal when he was at LSU.. I know what the retorts will be to this, but he's very dominant. The only thing that has slowed him down has literally been fouls. He's quite the talent.

rude1

Would be a mistake IMO for Gafford to leave after one season. While he is having an outstanding freshman season, he plays more like they use to want NBA centers to play. Now days it's all about spacing, so they want the centers on most teams to be able to step away from the basket and be a threat, to open up the driving lanes. See that nice step out jumper he made? That is what he is going to need to get consistent at doing, and according to his teammates he is developing that in his arsenal, I just think he will need another season to show he can consistently knock that shot down.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on December 10, 2017, 10:50:53 am
Don't forget about Reggie Chaney.

Gafford and Bailey in the first unit. Chaney and Henderson in the 2nd group. That's some fun front court depth. Then you'll have Hall and Phillips at the SF spot, with Gabe working his way in there somewhere.

At shooting guard, you may not have much drop off from CJ to Isaiah Joe. Joe is one of the best pure shooters in the 2018 class.

pigroots

He should only leave if he is a lottery pick and right now that doesn't seem likely. Love the way CJ has picked this team up...you can see the confidence building and that opens the middle up for Gafford and Barford

cardsNhogs

Quote from: Rome26 on December 10, 2017, 09:57:25 am
I think next year's team could be CMA's best defensive team ever if Gafford comes back. Our starting lineup will likely look like this

Harris
Jones
Hall
Bailey
Gafford
I could see it being Embery over Harris

elviscat

Gafford, is the best big man we've ever had. He run the court like a deer and his natural abilities are off the chart. Man, he is exciting to watch, with or without the ball.

hview

CJ has improved so much. I really like his game.