Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Story from Minnesota paper

Started by WizardofhOgZ, December 09, 2017, 09:47:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WizardofhOgZ

Note the comments of the readers at the bottom.  Most focus on how bad the Gophers are rather than how good we are - typical fans.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-fall-95-79-at-arkansas/463097053/

Hogs run wild

well to do the opposite of what their fans are doing, i though the gophers have a lot of talent. their starting 5 is really good.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

SoonerSooie

Quote from: Hogs run wild on December 09, 2017, 10:06:20 pm
well to do the opposite of what their fans are doing, i though the gophers have a lot of talent. their starting 5 is really good.

Commentators said repeatedly that the Gopher's starting five "are as good as any team in America."  If that is true, then the game takes on extra significance for our RPI.

TNhawgfan

What stood out to me is that most of the people in the comments said the refs were the reason they lost, even though they had more free throw opportunities. That's a hogville staple - blame the refs and umpires for every loss in every sport
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

sigpooie

I thought they had the best they can afford, according to the fbi
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on December 09, 2017, 09:47:02 pm
Note the comments of the readers at the bottom.  Most focus on how bad the Gophers are rather than how good we are - typical fans.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-fall-95-79-at-arkansas/463097053/

After the game, I visited for about 30 mins with the reporter from MN who told me the same things about the Gophers' problems that he wrote about in that story you linked.

Nice guy, says he grew up following Arkansas and Kentucky basketball in the 90s ... said he looked up to Nolan Richardson as a trail-blazer.

JONAS

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 10, 2017, 08:47:14 am
What stood out to me is that most of the people in the comments said the refs were the reason they lost, even though they had more free throw opportunities. That's a hogville staple - blame the refs and umpires for every loss in every sport

Yep.  You can't blame the refs when you shoot more free throws than the opponent.

Birminghog

Quote from: TNhawgfan on December 10, 2017, 08:47:14 am

Trademark infringement?

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Birminghog on December 10, 2017, 07:44:33 pm
Trademark infringement?
what is hilarious to me is the Golden Gopher fans actually were complaining about the officiating, even though they took 37 free throws, twice the number we took...just goes to show you how we look always complaining about the refs
The long Grey line will never fail our country.