Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema Informed Refs Of Arkansas' Uptempo No-Sub Plans

Started by Mike Irwin, October 16, 2017, 10:42:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

The head Hog doesn't like the no substitution rule for defenses facing no huddle offenses that don't substitute but he's apparently willing to use it as long as legal.

http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/bielema-informed-refs-of-arkansas-uptempo-no-sub-plans/836771162

jgphillips3

Well, at least he's not a hypocrite or anything. Oh wait...

kodiakisland

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 17, 2017, 12:29:03 am
Well, at least he’s not a hypocrite or anything. Oh wait...

The way his QBs take a beating, most of his player safety talk is just that.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

(notOM)Rebel123

My gosh...now you gripe about the guy adapting his style. Geez.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Pigsknuckles

CBB made it clear that he was not a fan of the up tempo offenses, and gave his reasons. However, if that system was not going to be restricted, he has no choice but to utilize it if the situation calls for it. Nothing hypocritical here. I don't like the tackle box rule myself, but as long as it is the law of the land, I would expect our QB's to take advantage of it.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

jkstock04

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 17, 2017, 06:48:43 am
"Death certificates"

Bielema is a joke.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

jgphillips3

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on October 17, 2017, 07:28:23 am
CBB made it clear that he was not a fan of the up tempo offenses, and gave his reasons. However, if that system was not going to be restricted, he has no choice but to utilize it if the situation calls for it. Nothing hypocritical here. I don't like the tackle box rule myself, but as long as it is the law of the land, I would expect our QB's to take advantage of it.

I perfectly understand the Saban stance on RPO's and, since he couldn't get the rule enforced/changed, using it himself.  However, when you make a big damn stink about an issue and say it is because of "player safety" instead of "competitive disadvantage", you don't get to flip flop.  It either is still about safety or it is not.  I applaud him for finally listening to Enos about what we need to do on offense, but he set himself on the altar on this one.

Cinco de Hogo

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 17, 2017, 08:49:12 am
I DON'T CARE!
as long as he wins games.

I just read your signature...

"Cinco de Hogo
Loosely translated-Year of the Hog
Very loosely translated-wait to next year"
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 17, 2017, 09:00:43 am
I just read your signature...

"Cinco de Hogo

And?

bob slydell

It's possible to be against something and not want to handcuff yourself at the same time.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 17, 2017, 08:49:03 am
I perfectly understand the Saban stance on RPO's and, since he couldn't get the rule enforced/changed, using it himself.  However, when you make a big damn stink about an issue and say it is because of "player safety" instead of "competitive disadvantage", you don't get to flip flop.  It either is still about safety or it is not.  I applaud him for finally listening to Enos about what we need to do on offense, but he set himself on the altar on this one.

Hilarious.  Saban and Bielema virtually said the exact same thing about the no huddle style of play.  It was made clear the rules weren't going to change much, so Saban allows the change, and now Bielema is too, but you "understand" Saban, but you call Bielema out.  There is no difference in what both coaches said or are now trying to do. 

Arkansas fanbase is very bipolar is about the only way to describe things. 

This thread is a pretty good picture.  Coach B is not winning.  Most are unhappy.  To compare him to Coach Saban comes up with obvious differences, yet this thread shows where Bielema and Saban are the same, and Bielema sucks because of it, and Saban is the master.  LOL. 

Bielema would probably be the first in line to tell you he's not as successful as Saban.  The biggest difference isn't their desire to revert back to smashmouth football.  That is their one comparable thing.  Saban's teams are full of 5 Stars recruits, and Bielema is lucky to have 1 five or even four star recruit, just like every coach before him. 

If Arkansas fans think Saban or his equivalent are waiting to head to the Hill, you're setting yourself up for major disappointment.  The successful Arkansas coach will recruit Texass and Louisiana much better than Coach B has, and will get 99.9% of every top prospect in Arkansas.  He will have to take advantage of the rules of the game and what is allowed.  Plus having a strength and conditioning coach that understand team speed is much more important in the SEC than the rest of the universe. 

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DoctorSusscrofa

Arkansas fans can adapt their gripes to the situation as it develops. No need to let new developments spoil a sour attitude and a stockpile of smart-aleck comments.  With only minor gymnastics they can still blitz a target regardless of whether he stays in the usual pocket, sprints out, runs for his life.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 17, 2017, 10:12:51 am
Your loose interpretation is even looser than you think.

That's right I don't hold back, but then why should I when I'm right way more than you and your kind and I'm not talking about coaches.

I'll give you a very recent example.  Last week I posted that Zack Rogers needed to be starting at center and explained why.  No one else had said such a thing and I had no inside information nor did I claim any special knowledge.  I explained that we needed Ragnow in a position to help more than he can at center.  What happened and what do most fans thing about it? 

I'm just a fan at the end of the day talking football from a 60 year old's perspective.  My only agenda is that the Razorbacks be the best they can be.  If that means we have to make course corrections I will also state my opinions. 

Loosely!

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 17, 2017, 10:26:52 am
Arkansas fans can adapt their gripes to the situation as it develops. No need to let new developments spoil a sour attitude and a stockpile of smart-aleck comments.  With only minor gymnastics they can still blitz a target regardless of whether he stays in the usual pocket, sprints out, runs for his life.

Excellent diagnosis, Doctor.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 17, 2017, 10:27:23 am
That's right I don't hold back, but then why should I when I'm right way more than you and your kind and I'm not talking about coaches.

I'll give you a very recent example.  Last week I posted that Zack Rogers needed to be starting at center and explained why.  No one else had said such a thing and I had no inside information nor did I claim any special knowledge.  I explained that we needed Ragnow in a position to help more than he can at center.  What happened and what do most fans thing about it? 

I'm just a fan at the end of the day talking football from a 60 year old's perspective.  My only agenda is that the Razorbacks be the best they can be.  If that means we have to make course corrections I will also state my opinions. 

Loosely!

Ok, I guess I'll just go ahead and tell you.  "Cinco" means "five." 

Loosely interpreted, "Five of the Hog."

You may now continue being right.

clew

I'm just proud of y'all for proper use of the word "loose". 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 The Spanish translation, not so much. 😂
Pure as the dawn

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: clew on October 17, 2017, 10:49:45 am
I'm just proud of y'all for proper use of the word "loose". 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻 The Spanish translation, not so much. 😂

...and the proper contraction of "y'all!"

Ex-Trumpet

bob slydell

Quote from: Surfing8 on October 17, 2017, 10:41:36 am
Sort of like being against some players playing, but finally realizing they're better than the one's you've had out there?

Yeah, desperation seems to foster innovation, doesn't it.

You've got a bit of non-sequitur action going on here.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 17, 2017, 10:34:06 am
Ok, I guess I'll just go ahead and tell you.  "Cinco" means "five." 

Loosely interpreted, "Five of the Hog."

You may now continue being right.

There is five in my family and I wrote the sig line well after I picked the name just as a joke so your attempt at superiority is a worthless attack on an attempt at humor.   I seriously doubt any of our fake names mean anything anymore real than mine.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on October 17, 2017, 04:50:22 pm
There is five in my family and I wrote the sig line well after I picked the name just as a joke so your attempt at superiority is a worthless attack on an attempt at humor.   I seriously doubt any of our fake names mean anything anymore real than mine.

Lol, I wasn't attempting superiority...I was just trying to make sense of you signature--it doesn't mean what you think it means!!

"Cinco de Hogo

hogsanity

What I like is how the headline " Bielema informs Refs.... " makes it sound as if that was odd. In every game the White hat and usually the umpire meet with the head coaches of both teams before the game and one of the questions asked by the refs is will you be using any hurry up or no huddle today outside of two minutes ( the usual place to expect it ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

This isn't him being a hypocrite, its him growing as a coach. He experienced similar growth dealing with SEC recruiting in his first couple years. He talked about how in the SEC other teams continue to recruit your kids even after they've committed and how in the big 10 it was more "gentleman-ly" where other teams would back off if a kid committed. I like the change and the fact that our coach is still growing
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

AflacHawg

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 18, 2017, 10:42:04 am
This isn't him being a hypocrite, its him growing as a coach. He experienced similar growth dealing with SEC recruiting in his first couple years. He talked about how in the SEC other teams continue to recruit your kids even after they've committed and how in the big 10 it was more "gentleman-ly" where other teams would back off if a kid committed. I like the change and the fact that our coach is still growing

Well into the FIFTH season it sounds more like grasping at last straws than growing. This measure from him is akin to putting gravel on a dirt road, it may look good but it still ain't going to hold up to much traffic.

Redhogs

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 18, 2017, 10:42:04 am
Oh..he's still growing all right...everywhere but in the win column.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

code red

LOL.  YES WE ARE.  kinda late to the party.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hog of steele

Quote from: AflacHawg on October 18, 2017, 03:57:55 pm
Well into the FIFTH season it sounds more like grasping at last straws than growing. This measure from him is akin to putting gravel on a dirt road, it may look good but it still ain't going to hold up to much traffic.

I am glad we are trying something.

texhog22

I bet Austin Allen is saying " yeah, thanks! about time" maybe do that before he is injured.

hogginbama

The guy probably can't go to the bathroom and wipe his tail without someone complaining about his folding or wading the tp.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 17, 2017, 04:58:43 pm
Lol, I wasn't attempting superiority...I was just trying to make sense of you signature--it doesn't mean what you think it means!!

"Cinco de Hogo

I see you still don't get it, my name doesn't mean anything(at all) and the sig line is just a contradiction.

threeNout

been saying uptempo would work great with CK.

uptempo RPO and read option, hope we see it some.

riccoar

Now how you get around the no substitution rule there Bret?  Off season conditioning.  Train your defense to be up tempo to compete with up tempo offenses.