Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

just a little reminder.....WE LOST TO ALABAMA!!!!!!!!

Started by Roaringboar, October 15, 2017, 08:55:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaringboar

I keep seeing all of these fans going, "Oh yeah, bring on Auburn, we stand a chance now, we're going to take it to them and show them who's boss! We're going to keep it close and knock them off their blocks!!!"

BASED ON WHAT!!!! WE STILL SUCKED IN THAT ALABAMA GAME!!!!!! MAYBE NOT AS BAD AS WE HAVE BEEN IN THE TURNOVER DEPARTMENT, BUT WE STILL LOST 41-9, AND AUBURN PLAYS A SYSTEM JUST AS LETHAL AS BAMA'S......IF WE CAN ONLY SCORE 9 ON BAMA, WHAT MAKES US THINK WE CAN SCORE 20 ON AUBURN!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? 

CAN WE PLEASE GET REAL AGAIN??? ??? ??? COLE MIGHT'VE PLAYED A NICE GAME FOR A FIRST TIME STARTER, BUT NOTHING HAS CHANGED, AND THAT NEW O-LINE SCHEME DID NOTHING TO HELP US ESTABLISH THE RUNNING GAME!!!!!

Just a little reminder.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

InHOGuration Ball

Reality is not easy to accept for some.  However, some fans for reasons that I don't totally understand, choose to dwell in an shadowy imaginary perception of how they want things to be.  I think the Arkansas Football program suffers from this condition at times.  For those, I think perception is a greater priority for them.....

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

You gave up on the season, congrats. The rest of us still have a pulse
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

BartIV

No one should be saying we have a chance against an SEC team until we beat one.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 15, 2017, 09:12:56 pm

Of course you do...........but any realistic chance of winning more than 4 games.........Nope, I don't think there's any fans out there who honestly believe we will get to the 6 game threshold in order to clinch a bowl game.......

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 08:55:52 pm
I keep seeing all of these fans going, "Oh yeah, bring on Auburn, we stand a chance now, we're going to take it to them and show them who's boss! We're going to keep it close and knock them off their blocks!!!"

BASED ON WHAT!!!! WE STILL SUCKED IN THAT ALABAMA GAME!!!!!! MAYBE NOT AS BAD AS WE HAVE BEEN IN THE TURNOVER DEPARTMENT, BUT WE STILL LOST 41-9, AND AUBURN PLAYS A SYSTEM JUST AS LETHAL AS BAMA'S......IF WE CAN ONLY SCORE 9 ON BAMA, WHAT MAKES US THINK WE CAN SCORE 20 ON AUBURN!!!!!! ??? ??? ??? 

CAN WE PLEASE GET REAL AGAIN??? ??? ??? COLE MIGHT'VE PLAYED A NICE GAME FOR A FIRST TIME STARTER, BUT NOTHING HAS CHANGED, AND THAT NEW O-LINE SCHEME DID NOTHING TO HELP US ESTABLISH THE RUNNING GAME!!!!!

Gosh, just a reminder that we lost badly to the Tide last night ??? Didn't realize that as I suspect most of the rest of us didn't either. Where have you been all day....duh.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 15, 2017, 09:26:39 pm
Gosh, just a reminder that we lost badly to the Tide last night ??? Didn't realize that as I suspect most of the rest of us didn't either. Where have you been all day....duh.

I'm being serious.....I keep seeing these threads saying, "Oh we might stand a chance to actually beat Auburn" or "Oh we'll keep it close"......BASED ON WHAT????????? NOTHING CHANGED LAST NIGHT!!!!!

Vantage 8 dude

I'm so delighted to finally learn the results of last night's score. I strongly suspect that most of the rest were awaiting the results as well. Who knew that HV has it's version of the town cryer or should I say Paul Revere ??? BTW where have you been all day ???

BartIV

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 09:28:33 pm
I'm being serious.....I keep seeing these threads saying, "Oh we might stand a chance to actually beat Auburn" or "Oh we'll keep it close"......BASED ON WHAT????????? NOTHING CHANGED LAST NIGHT!!!!!
We did kick another field goal.

JaketheSnake

Football is a game of matchups.  I don't like how we match up with Auburn.

Roaringboar

BartIV

Roaringboar

Quote from: JaketheSnake on October 15, 2017, 09:31:52 pm
Football is a game of matchups.  I don't like how we match up with Auburn.

I agree, and the truth is that if Auburn starts racking up the score, we don't stand a chance because their D will crush us, and Bret will not, and I mean WILL NOT run a hurry-up offense......I don't mean a no-huddle, he just won't run a hurry-up.....I look at that timeout before half time last night and sure, he got three extra seconds, but was it really worth it because Cole might've just thrown a fastball into the end-zone and got a TD, and if he hadn't, we might've kicked a field goal then and would've had an extra 3 points at the end of the night.....Bret just will not change.....the only reason he changed the O-Line is because I think Long told him "Either you mix something up or you'll be gone by November 1st...."

HoggyCat

We played our hearts out, bama played maybe their worst game in a couple years.

And covered the 30 point spread.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 15, 2017, 09:29:44 pm
I'm so delighted to finally learn the results of last night's score. I strongly suspect that most of the rest were awaiting the results as well. Who knew that HV has it's version of the town cryer or should I say Paul Revere ??? BTW where have you been all day ???

Dude, don't be a jack@$$......let me guess, you got us beating Auburn 42-35 like a bunch of the Bielemers who are all of a sudden like coming out of the shadows trying to make this game into Bret's final stand......NOPE, at the end of the day Bret is going to lose......I just don't understand how you people can say we're going to keep it close when we couldn't even get in the double digits against Bama last night, and that happened because we nixed a PAT!!!!! What happened last night to convince all of these fans we could run the table all of a sudden......

Oh, and I have what is called a job....so......that's why I got pissed when I logged on and saw how many fans are up cheering like, "Oh we got this, we can do it. GOOOOO TEAM!!!!" Why......because we just got gut-punched on ESPN in front of a national audience.......yep, way to show me we can be Auburn......yeah right......

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 09:35:11 pm
I agree, and the truth is that if Auburn starts racking up the score, we don't stand a chance because their D will crush us, and Bret will not, and I mean WILL NOT run a hurry-up offense......I don't mean a no-huddle, he just won't run a hurry-up.....I look at that timeout before half time last night and sure, he got three extra seconds, but was it really worth it because Cole might've just thrown a fastball into the end-zone and got a TD, and if he hadn't, we might've kicked a field goal then and would've had an extra 3 points at the end of the night.....Bret just will not change.....the only reason he changed the O-Line is because I think Long told him "Either you mix something up or you'll be gone by November 1st...."
So now ole Bret's taking coaching instructions from LONG?! I know we've been wanting him do something different, however, I didn't think the staff has gotten THAT desperate. Damn, things have sunk faster than even I thought :o Are we to assume that in the future Jeff will take over calling plays in between updating his resume ???

Roaringboar

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 15, 2017, 09:41:00 pm
So now ole Bret's taking coaching instructions from LONG?! I know we've been wanting him do something different, however, I didn't think the staff has gotten THAT desperate. Damn, things have sunk faster than even I thought :o Are we to assume that in the future Jeff will take over calling plays in between updating his resume ???

It wasn't coaching instructions, it was just as simple as the boss coming in and saying, "Either you shape up this week and do your job or you're out"...... I don't think Long wants to fire Bret, that would be admitting he hired the wrong guy for the job and every deal and contract extension he's made with him as been for nothing......I think he wants him to win simply so he doesn't have to fire him, and I think he told him, "Look, you have to change something up, because what you're doing isn't working. Change something up....the fans are seeing this, and if you don't change something, you'll be gone before Thanksgiving...."

gchamblee

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 09:45:04 pm
It wasn't coaching instructions, it was just as simple as the boss coming in and saying, "Either you shape up this week and do your job or you're out"...... I don't think Long wants to fire Bret, that would be admitting he hired the wrong guy for the job and every deal and contract extension he's made with him as been for nothing......I think he wants him to win simply so he doesn't have to fire him, and I think he told him, "Look, you have to change something up, because what you're doing isn't working. Change something up....the fans are seeing this, and if you don't change something, you'll be gone before Thanksgiving...."

not saying you are wrong, but do you have a source for this so i could see it with my own eyes?

Roaringboar

Quote from: gchamblee on October 15, 2017, 09:57:59 pm
not saying you are wrong, but do you have a source for this so i could see it with my own eyes?

Nope, but you tell me why he suddenly changed it after FIVE weeks of horrible O-Line play......it's the only thing that makes sense because all season we've waited on this and he waits until is starting QB is down due to injury DUE PRIMARILY to the poor O-Line play to change anything up......it was the U of A higher powers calling this one.......if it wasn't, Bert would've changed that O-Line after that second loss to A&M, not waiting all the way until your taking on #1 Bama on the road with a freshman QB......

King Kong

Hoggish1

Take it easy, Troll.  No need to yell...  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

ShadowHawg

Just a reminder, we have yet to beat any of the P5 schools we have played.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 15, 2017, 10:09:03 pm
Take it easy, Troll.  No need to yell...

Ehh.....I prefer realist, but it's Halloween so I'm cool with Troll......

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 09:31:58 pm

And missed a PAT in the process......

Well, at least this time... we made the kick that counts as 3 points.  6 games...& a total of 2 field goals.  That must be a new record.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hoggish1

Cornfed Pig

gchamblee

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 10:00:58 pm
Nope, but you tell me why he suddenly changed it after FIVE weeks of horrible O-Line play......it's the only thing that makes sense because all season we've waited on this and he waits until is starting QB is down due to injury DUE PRIMARILY to the poor O-Line play to change anything up......it was the U of A higher powers calling this one.......if it wasn't, Bert would've changed that O-Line after that second loss to A&M, not waiting all the way until your taking on #1 Bama on the road with a freshman QB......

i think you answered your own question as to why they changed up the oline while trying to bolster your first and more unlikely theory.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 09:28:33 pm

Am I missing something?! Are there threads that are getting deleted or something cuz I'm having a REALLY hard time finding a bunch of threads saying anything about beating Auburn...

All I see is "Fire Bert", Fire Long, Next Coach, Nebraska shoulda hired..., Why isn't so and so playing, etc threads.

I honestly don't think anyone really thinks we're going to win (and this coming from a CBB loving optimist)
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Michael_E_Davis

Umm... you did realize that every other team has lost to Alabama too,  and most of them a lot worse than us?   No one is beating Alabama.  I think we did pretty good against them.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

rzrbackramsfan

Yes that Bama game as was us getting "up" for an opponent.  Sad.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 15, 2017, 09:12:56 pm

Or we have our heads up our azzes

Seebs

... and TCU, and A$M, and South Carolina, and soon to be Auburn, then a coin flip at Ole Miss, then lose at LSU, perhaps lose at home against MSU and we end the year with our bowl game against a horrible Mizzou that may also be a coin flip at that point.

So I see your point.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

smb

I think its hard to see the Hogs beating Auburn even after a Tiger loss.
GeorgiaHOG

SquidBilly

From Tusk Till Dawn

Public Service Announcement:

Dear fans,

Results this year have been disappointing.  We regret that but understand when the team is losing, the emotional stability of the state is at risk.  In addition, we have come to learn that many "experts" have determined it is unlikely that we have a chance to win another game.  Your optimism is appreciated but we must also consider the feelings of those who are only happy being miserable.  The risk of losing is just too great.  Therefore, we regret to inform you that we will be forfeiting the rest of the season effective immediately.

Regretfully
UA Athletics

Vantage 8 dude

October 16, 2017, 10:01:22 am #36 Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 01:07:52 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Roaringboar on October 15, 2017, 09:38:58 pm
Dude, don't be a jack@$$......let me guess, you got us beating Auburn 42-35 like a bunch of the Bielemers who are all of a sudden like coming out of the shadows trying to make this game into Bret's final stand......NOPE, at the end of the day Bret is going to lose......I just don't understand how you people can say we're going to keep it close when we couldn't even get in the double digits against Bama last night, and that happened because we nixed a PAT!!!!! What happened last night to convince all of these fans we could run the table all of a sudden......

Oh, and I have what is called a job....so......that's why I got pissed when I logged on and saw how many fans are up cheering like, "Oh we got this, we can do it. GOOOOO TEAM!!!!" Why......because we just got gut-punched on ESPN in front of a national audience.......yep, way to show me we can be Auburn......yeah right......
Just because I didn't come here screaming, waving my arms, and ranting doesn't make me any less of a fan, or any more satisfied with the results. However, what it DOES help me do is try not to be that jack@$$ you seem to identify with. I mean come on-it normally takes one to know one. Oh yeah, as I mentioned earlier: We were all very well aware of the results well before you brought your schtick to the site. And I honestly don't see a lot of folks predicting "we could run the table" all of a sudden. However, what some DO seem to be saying that there's still hope, not sure how much, that we can at least still win some games and try to half way salvage this season.

One last thing: with all the shouting and temper tantrum contained in your OP what has that really accomplished? Think it really changes anyone's mind or reveals anything even a half blind man couldn't already see? In the end it means totally....nothing, zilch. But why would that be surprising?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 15, 2017, 09:37:24 pm
We played our hearts out, bama played maybe their worst game in a couple years.

And covered the 30 point spread.
You haven't watched Bama much this year

Boardon Hamsay

So, should we just have a drunken kitten punting and angriest fan contest at halftime? Would that make you feel better and like we're getting back to being "real"?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BearsBisonsBoars

texas tush hog