Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final from Oxford: Ole Miss 57 Vandy 35

Started by jbcarol, October 13, 2017, 06:45:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

October 13, 2017, 06:45:08 pm Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:22:52 am by jbcarol
Antonio Morales‏Verified account @AntonioCMorales

The only way Ole Miss can truly gain some confidence back is with a win, and Saturday is one of its best chances for the remainder of the season

QuoteOXFORD — Matt Luke elected not to say much.

When asked if this week's game against Vanderbilt was the most important contest of the season in regard to turning things around, he said: "I think it's the most important game of the season because it's the next one."

That's fine and fair, but make no mistake, the only way for the Rebels to truly right this ship is by winning a game.

And Saturday's home game against the Commodores (2:30 p.m., SEC Network) is the most winnable one on Ole Miss' schedule until its date with Louisiana on Nov. 11.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Adam Sparks‏ @AdamSparks 11h11 hours ago

Vanderbilt misses signals, throws own penalty flag: Best, worst of loss to Ole Miss http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2017/10/14/vanderbilt-football-misses-signals-throws-own-penalty-flag-best-worst-loss-ole-miss-derek-mason/746970001/ ... via @tennessean

QuoteRalph Webb, Vanderbilt's all-time leading rusher, ran for 163 yards, his most against an SEC opponent in his record-breaking career. He moved into 14th place on the SEC career rushing list with 3,750 yards, passing Arkansas' Alex Collins and Alabama's Derrick Henry.

WORST OF GAME
Scoreboard

It's an obvious observation, but a notable one to sum up Vanderbilt's four-game losing streak. With the 57-35 loss to Ole Miss, the Commodores have been outscored 199-73 in their last four games, and no margin has been smaller than 14 in a given game.
"(A 59-0 loss to Alabama) was one game, that led to two that led to three, and now we're in the midst of a four-game slide," coach Derek Mason said. "As a coach, I don't excuse it. I am going to work as hard as I can."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Kyle Tucker‏ @KyleTucker_SEC Oct 14

Hard to know now whether Vanderbilt was just never actually any good or was but had its soul (and body) crushed by a BRUTAL 4-game stretch.