Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets be honest and quit blowing smoke

Started by jkelly107, December 06, 2017, 11:44:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkelly107

So we got Yurachek, He has no loyalty or ties to the U of A. He has hired some good coaches and will hopefully continue to do so here. He is being paid to do a job and hopefully someone smarter than me has the foresight to be confident in him.
My personal feelings is why did we hire this guy? If he is successful great but is this his dream job? Why would we think he would stay here and not move on? Are we going to be better off long term with this hire?  I would of rather hired someone that has a personal interest in the well being of the U of A.
*-
Chad Morris. He's not a bad hire. Is he the coach I wanted? No way. I actually didn't have any knowledge about him until he was rumored to be the U of A coach. Now that I have researched his job history I feel he is a decent hire. But again does he have any loyalty to the U of A?

Guys we have a history of eating our own. It's almost like the curse of the Bambino. Arkansas truly needs to get some stability. Eventually the U of A will hire a coach and athletic director that truly loves the U of A and has a personal interest in it's success. But until then these guy's accepted the job and the money. If they dont perform then they get fired and loose their prestige.

The new hires will bring some success. Are they long term? I doubt it
After different generations and powers in charge we still get the same results. I have no idea why the U of A keeps making the same type of hires but let's hope Morris is successful enough before he moves on for the U of A to be able to hire a coach with the credentials and personal connection to the U of A to not only be successful but to be here long term and bring stability along with success to the U of A.     

Don't fall for the Venables as DC BS.  I hope he is but think this is a way to soften the Morris doubters.   

ballz2thewall

loyalty? true love?

chill, man. find a hobby.

football is ego and money. get used to it.
The rest of the frog.

spiritof92

Morris seems to be a passionate coach.  I don't think having ties to U of A would have made any difference in how he approaches his job. 

Fayettechill14

This reads like if Soren Kierkegaard posted on sports message boards

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: ballz2thewall on December 06, 2017, 11:47:48 pm
loyalty? true love?

chill, man. find a hobby.

football is ego and money. get used to it.

Used to not be and I miss those days.

redeye

Where does this instate loyalty stuff come from?  When has Arkansas ever hired an AD with ties to the state?  You can answer with JFB, but he had no ties when he was hired to coach Arkansas.  I also have reservations about Yurachek and Morris, but not because they're "outsiders".  The only football coach hires with connections have been Hatfield and Nutt, so it's not like we've traditionally hired guys with ties to the state there, either.

This myopic, insular view would be detrimental to Arkansas.  Other schools don't do it, so why do some of you think we should?  Btw, if the GOBN/BOT couldn't agree on Gragg, Peoples or Scanlon, then you can blame the "problem" on Arkansas boys.