Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smith and Lunney?

Started by Hogimus Prime, December 06, 2017, 05:49:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogimus Prime

Any word on if Morris is going to keep Lunney and Smith on staff?

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on December 06, 2017, 05:49:27 pm
Any word on if Morris is going to keep Lunney and Smith on staff?
No, but the good news is that they're both moving to Nashville and forming their own country duo called, oddly enough, Lunney & Smith.

rightdp

Talked to coach Smith today.   He is not being retained.  He was expecting a meeting with Coach Morris but there was no meeting. None of the former staff will be retained.

redeye

Quote from: rightdp on December 06, 2017, 05:54:56 pm
Talked to coach Smith today.   He is not being retained.  He was expecting a meeting with Coach Morris but there was no meeting. None of the former staff will be retained.

I really hate this.  I'm sure CCM wants to bring in his own coaches, but CMS was too important in Louisiana to let go, imo.  I wonder if anyone briefed CCM on Smith?

hobhog

Something doesn't smell right about this post.

wachhog

BB was painted with such a hugely broad brush, maybe it colored his assistants, too, regardless of their actual worth to the Team. When a house has been so trashed, the new occupant may think he can't take a chance at continued contamination and needs  to shovel it all out.

DOGALUM

Ive got no issue with him not retaining anyone.  His call.  Based on the way we played on more than one occasion this year, I might clean house too.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: wachhog on December 06, 2017, 06:17:44 pm
BB was painted with such a hugely broad brush, maybe it colored his assistants, too, regardless of their actual worth to the Team. When a house has been so trashed, the new occupant may think he can't take a chance at continued contamination and needs  to shovel it all out.
Theres the problem with our fans... do you really think the house was trashed??? All indications are the team is in good standing.  We didn't have a bunch of kids getting arrested over the two weeks without a coach, grades and class attendance are good, we return a lot of important players, etc. we are set up to have a decent year next year.  If a new OL coach can get more out of these guys, we could have a good year.

Trey1981

I am genuinely surprised about Lunney and think that if he isn't retained that is a mistake.

Jimbob111

Quote from: JaketheSnake on December 06, 2017, 06:23:17 pm
Theres the problem with our fans... do you really think the house was trashed??? All indications are the team is in good standing.  We didn't have a bunch of kids getting arrested over the two weeks without a coach, grades and class attendance are good, we return a lot of important players, etc. we are set up to have a decent year next year.  If a new OL coach can get more out of these guys, we could have a good year.

Yes, in terms of playing football, the team was a complete and utter catastrophic failure. So they didn't get arrested or kicked out or flunk out. So?  In other words, they did exactly what any normal person does every single day.  What the players didn't do was win football games and that goes back to coaching. So, I'm not saying they should, or should not, have been retained. But I understand if they weren't.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

HogFansReunited

These are the two coaches that I really hope are retained. Both are good recruiters and know the local coaches as well as coaches in LA.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

East TN HAWG

Quote from: Trey1981 on December 06, 2017, 06:37:34 pm
I am genuinely surprised about Lunney and think that if he isn't retained that is a mistake.

Same.  Guys our team will be all Texans. 

parallaxpig

I was told he was meeting with current staff before he met with players. I'll know tomorrow if that happened.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Dwight_K_Shrute

BP and BB both had Arkansas guys on their staff.  It helps with continuity and learning the lay of the land.  Lunney seemed to be very competent.  Would be great if he brought someone else in, Brian Early maybe?
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BBHog

Cave City Joe

He call cause it's going to be his ar$e if he loses.
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

Boarcephus

I'd be shocked if any were retained and it's not that they're not bad coaches or bad people, it's just the new coach wants his people.  I'm sure it's not personal, just business. 

Forgot who it was, seems like Pitman or Chaney, but when asked if they'd bought a home up here they replied, when you're an assistant coach, you never buy, you rent.   
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

livevanguy

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on December 06, 2017, 05:52:50 pm
No, but the good news is that they're both moving to Nashville and forming their own country duo called, oddly enough, Lunney & Smith.
At this point I would have expected both to have interviewed for the Tennessee job and passed!
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

onebadrubi

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 06, 2017, 07:54:28 pm
I'd be shocked if any were retained and it's not that they're not bad coaches or bad people, it's just the new coach wants his people.  I'm sure it's not personal, just business. 

Forgot who it was, seems like Pitman or Chaney, but when asked if they'd bought a home up here they replied, when you're an assistant coach, you never buy, you rent.

We've had an assistant or two the last two years or so doing just that

RebelliousHog

I could see keeping Lunney, but our WR were less than impressive.  It wasn't unitl they let Jones use his speed that we saw separation. Besides him it was pretty grim.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

texas tush hog

Quote from: Trey1981 on December 06, 2017, 06:37:34 pm

Rather keep smith.

nightrider388

Lunney was flying around on the plane helping with interviews. I'm sure they will find some capacity for him at the UofA. It can be Bobby Allen 2.0

nightrider388

Besides who cares. There's not much I will miss about the previous staff. We all say they did such good jobs but how do we know? It's just what we are told.

Bacons Rebellion

If you keep anyone from the current staff, you are, in effect, firing one of your previous staff. It has to work just right.

I will be more concerned if he brings his defensive staff with him from SMU.

rightdp

Quote from: hobhog on December 06, 2017, 06:10:48 pm
Something doesn't smell right about this post.

Haha!  I'm not quite sure what that means...
At 11 AM, he said he was going to meet with Coach Morris at 1 PM.   At 3:23 PM, he said he is "officially no longer a Razorback."  I asked if he met with Coach Morris and he said no, he is "bringing his own staff."

I believe Coach Smith was probably the most valuable Coach on our staff. Sucks to lose him.