Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Player Meeting is Over

Started by FANONTHEHILL, December 06, 2017, 05:04:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:16:12 pm
Who needs defense?! Smh

He better deliver Venables or this is doomed to fail.

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:19:27 pm
Then the gob screwed this up. Shocking I know.

Dude. It's obvious you're going to be miserable for the foreseeable future. Why are you here? You think the hire is terrible yet you come here to fully slather yourself in, get this, discussion about a subject you are miserable with.

How awful are other things in your life that you hang out in a place where the primary discussion are things you think are awful? You must live in a bus toilet.  You being here is like stepping in a huge pile of dog stuff, throwing that shoe away, and then massaging your inner thighs with that same dog stuff.

To then top matters, you ironically have a tag line that says, "tell me what you don't like about yourself." I get the Nip/Tuck reference but perhaps this is a question you need to address yourself. Not trying to be a smartass at all. I think you're a good poster in fact.

Just really looking to save you time, sanity, and frustration cause the hire is done. Either give the guy a chance or take a step away from Hogville, brother!  Otherwise, find contentment in doing the same things over and over again while somehow expecting a different result.

Merry Christmas, Sh!tter was full!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.
Quote from: Boardon Hamsay on April 28, 2024, 05:45:23 pmI'm a market maker of instigation

PharmacistHog

Starcs has done his venting and is ready to move forward, I'll ask that ya'll let him. He's a good guy, was just mad but its over. Everybody try to move forward.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Großer Kriegschwein

He is locking down recruits, like already.

Conor Noland loves the hire. And when I mean love, I'm talking Bret/Jenn love and not Bobby/Jessica "love".

Tanner McAlister loves the hire and wants to visit again before he makes a decision.

Bumper is all about it.

Noah Gatlin is pumped to visit and meet him.

So he's already putting in work... I dig it.
This is my non-signature signature.

mweston

If it IS Venerables,we may not hear anything till January

onebadrubi

Quote from: mweston on December 06, 2017, 08:04:31 pm

No way they go that long without a D.C. Or at least it being announced

ricepig

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2017, 08:12:52 pm
About the same odds Gus was coming, huh?

Bruh.

Stop ruining my dreams. lol.

This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 06, 2017, 07:18:13 pm
No. Petrino worked them like dogs during the offseason and during the season. and that's putting it nicely.

175 plays in a scrimmage was normal.

what did Bert have? 75?

So, you were in the workouts?

Dominicanhog

I'm having a hard time understanding why he would do that.. he's set, his kid's coming and any money we offer, Clemson is likely to match..

I have a question.. Is Brent a Sexton guy?

elksnort

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 06, 2017, 05:55:22 pm
DJ Williams said the TE's would gather around before practice and pray they'd make it through a Petrino practice.  Showed up for a Bielema practice and it was laid back, music playing, have a good old time.  Petrino won and Bielema didn't so I'd say no.  ;) 
kind of what I was getting at

silverandbluedc

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on December 06, 2017, 07:59:07 pm
He is locking down recruits, like already.

Conor Noland loves the hire. And when I mean love, I'm talking Bret/Jenn love and not Bobby/Jessica "love".

Tanner McAlister loves the hire and wants to visit again before he makes a decision.

Bumper is all about it.

Noah Gatlin is pumped to visit and meet him.

So he's already putting in work... I dig it.

I posted a soundcloud interview from a SMU reporter on the board and in it he says if CCM gets into the room with recruits and players he will win. Sounds like it is already happening.

Jonbo

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:16:12 pm
Who needs defense?! Smh

He better deliver Venables or this is doomed to fail.
I'm sure without Venables none of it's going to work.  :'( /unsarc

HogBreath

Quote from: pigasaurus on December 06, 2017, 05:49:39 pm
Haven't competed for SEC title since 06. Boner Bob's best year we were 3rd nationally.
Fify.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 06, 2017, 08:19:35 pm
I'm having a hard time understanding why he would do that.. he's set, his kid's coming and any money we offer, Clemson is likely to match..

I have a question.. Is Brent a Sexton guy?

Yep
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

JONAS

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on December 06, 2017, 07:39:50 pm
It's time to hang out at #chad'spad and get behind him and the team or find somewhere else  to display your negativity because these guys have seen enough of it from our fan base. Time to saddle up and man up. (Me included.)

Yep.  I'm with you.

Jonbo

Quote from: elksnort on December 06, 2017, 05:43:43 pm
Serious question.
Is it necessary for players to "love the coach" in order to have a successful team?
Is Saban, Petrino, Sweeny, etc loved?
Beilema was loved.

HogFoo

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:23:14 pm
I just wonder why so many of you are convinced we can compete for sec titles with this hire. What evidence leads anyone to believe that?

As long as fans allow the ptb to continue screwing us, then we deserve it.
i wasnt a fan of the hire either.  Like most, i said 'Who?'  when i first heard his name called.  Then i did a little research.  yes, this wasn't a big name HR hire.  But, it by all accounts is a solid double!  The guy helped bring clemson up to where they are now.  He then took over a dumpster fire at SMU.  And he has consistently improved their record every year he was there.  He was a texas HS coach if i read correctly, and has deep ties to recruiting in texas.  That is something Brett failed to do was bring in enough texas recruits.  And with Morris, it looks like that will no longer be a problem.  His style of offense works well for Clemson, and i think it will work well for us.  Clemson was a slow work of art, but  Morris was part of them now being a perrenial power.  With his ties to texas, him being able to still claim fame from Clemson, D.watson, etc..  plus him having what appears to be an exciting brand of football.  It makes me think that this will be a successful venture for Hog football.  I am willing to give the guy a chance, and if it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out and we redo again in 4-5yrs.  But, i have a good feeling about it.  On paper, it looks like Coach Morris knows what he's doing, and i think that he will be able to use the same blueprint he used with Clemson to do something similar here in Fayetteville.   

Now , if we can bring in a DC who will be able to get our Dfense conditioned to handle his offense, then we'll have something special.  i doubt he'll get Venables, but, it isnt that far out of the realm of possibility.  Venables was with Chokelahomo for many years, so he knows this area, lived in this region, etc...   it wouldnt be hard to believe that he wouldnt mind coming back.  But, again, he is with a current top team.  So, highly doubtful.   In any case,  i am going to give the guy a chance.  The best news i heard today when the talking heads were making mention of Coach Morris, was when they said he'd be getting rid of that worthless 500lb  tub of horse manure Anderson.    That dude's hiring cost Bielema his job.  So, i was very glad to see he was gone! 

anyways,  welcome aboard coach morris.   you have 4-5yrs to prove your worth.  i hope you do it.  i'll be buying my tickets just as i have always done, and for those of you who keep saying you arent renewing yours, then good!  i'll just keep getting better seats.  ;-) 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Bardicer

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 06, 2017, 07:21:58 pm
I bet your wife wakes up every morning looks over seeing you and thinks "damn he's still here".

You assume s/he has a wife...

GuvHog

Quote from: HogFoo on December 06, 2017, 08:34:57 pm
i wasnt a fan of the hire either.  Like most, i said 'Who?'  when i first heard his name called.  Then i did a little research.  yes, this wasn't a big name HR hire.  But, it by all accounts is a solid double!  The guy helped bring clemson up to where they are now.  He then took over a dumpster fire at SMU.  And he has consistently improved their record every year he was there.  He was a texas HS coach if i read correctly, and has deep ties to recruiting in texas.  That is something Brett failed to do was bring in enough texas recruits.  And with Morris, it looks like that will no longer be a problem.  His style of offense works well for Clemson, and i think it will work well for us.  Clemson was a slow work of art, but  Morris was part of them now being a perrenial power.  With his ties to texas, him being able to still claim fame from Clemson, D.watson, etc..  plus him having what appears to be an exciting brand of football.  It makes me think that this will be a successful venture for Hog football.  I am willing to give the guy a chance, and if it doesnt work out, it doesnt work out and we redo again in 4-5yrs.  But, i have a good feeling about it.  On paper, it looks like Coach Morris knows what he's doing, and i think that he will be able to use the same blueprint he used with Clemson to do something similar here in Fayetteville.   

Now , if we can bring in a DC who will be able to get our Dfense conditioned to handle his offense, then we'll have something special.  i doubt he'll get Venables, but, it isnt that far out of the realm of possibility.  Venables was with Chokelahomo for many years, so he knows this area, lived in this region, etc...   it wouldnt be hard to believe that he wouldnt mind coming back.  But, again, he is with a current top team.  So, highly doubtful.   In any case,  i am going to give the guy a chance.  The best news i heard today when the talking heads were making mention of Coach Morris, was when they said he'd be getting rid of that worthless 500lb  tub of horse manure Anderson.    That dude's hiring cost Bielema his job.  So, i was very glad to see he was gone! 

anyways,  welcome aboard coach morris.   you have 4-5yrs to prove your worth.  i hope you do it.  i'll be buying my tickets just as i have always done, and for those of you who keep saying you arent renewing yours, then good!  i'll just keep getting better seats.  ;-) 

Venables has family living in Oklahoma which includes his parents and he wants to get back closer to them. Though I still say it's a long shot, it's still within the realm of possibility that he could come to Arkansas as DC and assistant HC.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 06, 2017, 08:33:25 pm
Yep

Well then.. sounds as though Arkansas is the gift that keeps on giving for Jimmy.

hoghearted

Not sure where to pose this question..... anybody know his philosophy on fans watching a few practices?
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

HogNTX

PonderinHog

Quote from: hoghearted on December 06, 2017, 08:56:51 pm
Not sure where to pose this question..... anybody know his philosophy on fans watching a few practices?
Not sure about fans, but he had an open door policy with high school coaches.  It must be true.  I read it on Hogville.

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2017, 08:12:52 pm
About the same odds Gus was coming, huh?

About the same odds you are just pissing in the wind about knowing what's going to happeN.

The first offer goes to Venables, for a substantial raise. I ask again. What if he comes?

PonderinHog

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 06, 2017, 09:01:43 pm

About the same odds you are just pissing in the wind about knowing what's going to happeN.

The first offer goes to Venables, for a substantial raise. I ask again. What if he comes?
We'll probably take him ???

ricepig

If he comes, I'll be elated, but I put the % at .001, like the chance Gus was coming.

berryhog

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2017, 09:06:22 pm
If he comes, I'll be elated, but I put the % at .001, like the chace Gus was coming.

Don't start acting like you had sources (or common sense) now.   ;D

870hogfan

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 06, 2017, 07:18:13 pm
No. Petrino worked them like dogs during the offseason and during the season. and that's putting it nicely.

175 plays in a scrimmage was normal.

what did Bert have? 75?

Bert Reynolds?

Scott7703

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2017, 09:06:22 pm
If he comes, I'll be elated, but I put the % at .001, like the chance Gus was coming.

I don't think he is coming but he will have to say no to more than money than i can believe we would offer. This kind of thing never works out for Arkansas so color me skeptical again. 

Gus made multiple people more important than you or I in the big picture or razorback sports and also family members believe he was coming. I had a family member tell me he was coming for two weeks and then Sunday it changed and he said no go. Way closer to happening than you want to believe.

j-mann

young men want to go up-tempo   

in college football today  unless u have a 5-star def  u are going to give up 24 a game   this is what auburn miss st ole miss play as their base atm  will be more pro-set now   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

ricepig

Quote from: Scott7703 on December 06, 2017, 09:18:36 pm

I don't think he is coming but he will have to say no to more than money than i can believe we would offer. This kind of thing never works out for Arkansas so color me skeptical again. 

Gus made multiple people more important than you or I in the big picture or razorback sports and also family members believe he was coming. I had a family member tell me he was coming for two weeks and then Sunday it changed and he said no go. Way closer to happening than you want to believe.

Thus the .001 chance my source was wrong. It doesn't matter now, he's burned his bridges and we have a new coach, good times.

berryhog

Doesn't matter because it's over. However, I'll never believe we were anything other than a fallback and/or leverage for him to get a new deal with Auburn.

Dominicanhog

Way closer to happening than you want to believe.

I never knew either way, but did know I didn't want him.. it's easy to say he was close because there's no proof.. but If I had to guess, after Georgia, then Bama, the odds were little to none and he strung us along to get a raise and job security... which if the Venables name is really being floated, that's what's being done again.. think JS.

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 06, 2017, 07:45:38 pm
Dude. It's obvious you're going to be miserable for the foreseeable future. Why are you here? You think the hire is terrible yet you come here to fully slather yourself in, get this, discussion about a subject you are miserable with.

How awful are other things in your life that you hang out in a place where the primary discussion are things you think are awful? You must live in a bus toilet.  You being here is like stepping in a huge pile of dog stuff, throwing that shoe away, and then massaging your inner thighs with that same dog stuff.

To then top matters, you ironically have a tag line that says, "tell me what you don't like about yourself." I get the Nip/Tuck reference but perhaps this is a question you need to address yourself. Not trying to be a smartass at all. I think you're a good poster in fact.

Just really looking to save you time, sanity, and frustration cause the hire is done. Either give the guy a chance or take a step away from Hogville, brother!  Otherwise, find contentment in doing the same things over and over again while somehow expecting a different result.

Merry Christmas, Sh!tter was full!

THIS! SEC Champions 2018! Here we come baby!!!

livevanguy

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 06, 2017, 09:00:45 pm
  It must be true.  I read it on Hogville.
we must get shirts with that printed up to sell. I'd love to wear that around Dickson!
Call'n the hogs from the Pacific Northwest

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

SpareRib

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:23:14 pm
I just wonder why so many of you are convinced we can compete for sec titles with this hire. What evidence leads anyone to believe that?

As long as fans allow the ptb to continue screwing us, then we deserve it.

You're better than this.  Step back and get a grip.   😁
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Oklahawg

Quote from: oldhawg on December 06, 2017, 06:40:57 pm

Clemson was Dabo Swinneys first head coaching job.
Lou Holtz was 13-20 his first three years as head coach.
Frank Beamer started 24-40-2 at Virginia Tech.
Mark Dantonio was 11-12 his first two years as head coach.
Art Briles was 16-20 his first three years as a head coach.
Les Miles was 12-12 his first two years as a head coach.
Oklahoma was Bob Stoops first job as a head coach.
........ and more ........

There are plenty of examples of highly successful head coaches not starting out as winners on the field.  On the other hand, look at Arkansas's most recent experiences in hiring former D-1 coaches with winning records ----- Bret Bielema, John L. Smith, Bobby Petrino, Danny Ford.

Optimism is a state of mind.  Until I have seen the product on the field, I choose to have high expectations and positive feelings about the new coaches potential for success.  If Morris crashes and burns, I'll deal with the disappointment later.  In the meantime why not enjoy the journey, before we get to the mountains.

That's why some believe that the Razorbacks can compete in the SEC.

Time to roll the dice.

I love it.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

TexHog188

Not sure about fans, but he had an open door policy with high school coaches.  It must be true.  I read it on Hogville.

Then pretty much all of HOGVILLE should be welcomed, cause we all coaches here!
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

bphi11ips

Quote from: Bardicer on December 06, 2017, 08:37:12 pm
You assume s/he has a wife...

And that she lets him sleep in her bed.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

clutch

I'll know soon. I'm going to test that policy out.

bphi11ips

bphi11ips

Quote from: GuvHog on December 06, 2017, 08:45:14 pm
Venables has family living in Oklahoma which includes his parents and he wants to get back closer to them. Though I still say it's a long shot, it's still within the realm of possibility that he could come to Arkansas as DC and assistant HC.

I'll bet his parents enjoy watching their grandkids play. 

sechog

He said it would be a hire worth waiting for!

Hoggish1

nwahogs

I've got no clue whatsoever. But it's an educated guess. Just like it was an educated guess that Gruden and gus weren't coming. I am just playing the odds

Hoggish1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 06, 2017, 06:39:42 pm
We will pay upwards of 2 million for a DC. 2.5 million if it was Venables. It this guy gets a stout DC who can recruit.

In 2 to 3 years, this team will be down right dangerous.

PRJ

Good words to read.  I like dangerous—to the rest of the SEC!

Hoggish1

Quote from: JONAS on December 06, 2017, 07:05:44 pm
Cool.  It doesn't have to be Venables.  He could bring in somebody who is young and out to prove himself.

Venables is 46.  I think that's young.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 06, 2017, 08:19:35 pm

PRJ said they would go 2.5 mil. for Venables.  I've heard that elsewhere, too.  As far as I know there is nobody making that as a DC in America.