Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Player Meeting is Over

Started by FANONTHEHILL, December 06, 2017, 05:04:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

Coach Morris met the team at 4:30.  My son said simply, "we love him".  Get ready for some up tempo football. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Sivad

Cambridge Hog

Awesome. I know they are hungry to win. Can't wait.

RazorPiggie

HawgWild

That's what's most Important. WPS

hoginator

Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

RazrRila99

@FOTH - does your son have any preferences on who he'd like his next O-Line coach?  With Kugler (from UTEP) available, would he fit with Morris's style?  Guy is intense, great coach, and a pretty decent recruiter.  Thats all I know about him, dont know if the styles would fit though.

I just saw that the SMU coach was coming over, I was hopeful they would get Kugler

committedtothetusk

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: RazrRila99 on December 06, 2017, 05:06:32 pm
@FOTH - does your son have any preferences on who he'd like his next O-Line coach?  With Kugler (from UTEP) available, would he fit with Morris's style?  Guy is intense, great coach, and a pretty decent recruiter.  Thats all I know about him, dont know if the styles would fit though.
Think we already have one.http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=651916.0
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

26.2Hog

Very good news.  Thank you, sir.

TexasRazorback

Great News, Love the Hire and Love that the kids are excited to play for him. Homerun hire

Hawginj

Morris brought Fry with him from SMU to coach the line

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Bringing his o-line coach from SMU.
Dustin Fry
If at first you don't succeed,
then skydiving is not for you...

Dr. Starcs

JOKERHOG

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 06, 2017, 05:04:34 pm
Coach Morris met the team at 4:30.  My son said simply, "we love him".  Get ready for some up tempo football.

Perfect, lets do this...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Rzback

ask your son if he said anything about the Defensive Coordinator?
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Rzback on December 06, 2017, 05:14:47 pm

Who needs defense?! Smh

He better deliver Venables or this is doomed to fail.

FANONTHEHILL

There was no announcement at the meeting, but i believe that Coach Fry is coming from SMU.  Former Clemson Center and had a few years in the NFL.  I believe he's early to mid 30's. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

FANONTHEHILL

Quote from: Rzback on December 06, 2017, 05:14:47 pm
I did.  Wait and see.

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:16:12 pm
Who needs defense?! Smh

Venables isn't coming, if that's what you are banking this hire on.

RLWOLFEMAN

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2017, 05:18:01 pm
Venables isn't coming, if that's what you are banking this hire on.

Then the gob screwed this up. Shocking I know.

farmhawg

Who needs defense?! Smh

BS
From theflyinghog

ricepig

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:19:27 pm

Not really, who was Norvell going to bring in?? And he was my #1 choice followed by Kiffin.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

oldhawg

I am encouraged by his bringing in a relatively youthful staff.  Perhaps they have not made a name for themselves yet like Venables or Pittman, but give them time, these young Turks are not chopped liver.

Dr. Starcs

I just wonder why so many of you are convinced we can compete for sec titles with this hire. What evidence leads anyone to believe that?

As long as fans allow the ptb to continue screwing us, then we deserve it.

Hogeration

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on December 06, 2017, 05:16:59 pm
I did.  Wait and see.

"Wait and see" as we don't know?  Or "wait and see" as wait til you see the awesomeness that's on the way?

Rayzback

Coach Morris met the team at 4:30.  My son said simply, “we love him”.  Get ready for some up tempo football. 

Get ready for some up tempo workouts that'll make Mike Anderson grin :)
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Tortfeasor

Quote from: Hogeration on December 06, 2017, 05:23:38 pm
"Wait and see" as we don't know?  Or "wait and see" as wait til you see the awesomeness that's on the way?
That as my question as well. Was it a "we will wait and see" or "hold your arse and wait and see who we got!"? Hoping for the latter.

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:23:14 pm
I just wonder why so many of you are convinced we can compete for sec titles with this hire. What evidence leads anyone to believe that?

He wasn't one of my top choices either, but what evidence is there to lead anyone to believe that he can't get it done either? There's no evidence either way. Coaching is all about fit. If the coach is a right fit for the right school, magic happens. If not, he gets fired. We have no idea what's going to happen either way. Might as well give him a chance until he proves he can't do it. It's a lot more fun to have hope until given a reason not to have it.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:19:27 pm

You're going to do this in every thread, right?
Go away, batin'

Ware

Excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

GoHogzzGo

Thanks for your update!! Really awesome to have a report straight from a player.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

M L (bassplayer)

Who needs defense?! Smh

Oh boy, pumping the sunshine again?

The NewEra

Music to my big ears!!  #WPS

JOKERHOG

Quote from: clutch on December 06, 2017, 05:26:11 pm
He wasn't one of my top choices either, but what evidence is there to lead anyone to believe that he can't get it done either? There's no evidence either way. Coaching is all about fit. If the coach is a right fit for the right school, magic happens. If not, he gets fired. We have no idea what's going to happen either way. Might as well give him a chance until he proves he can't do it. It's a lot more fun to have hope until given a reason not to have it.

I was never able to do that with BB but I can see why Morris was hired.  Definitely the right direction with the offensive philosophy.  Defense can't be worse than BB's so why not try to score more points...
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: clutch on December 06, 2017, 05:26:11 pm
Some will never understand this.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

WilsonHog

Quote from: cosmodrum on December 06, 2017, 05:26:22 pm
You're going to do this in every thread, right?

No, he's not. That I will guarantee.

Hog N Bama

We won't win one with fans like you

Hawginj

Quote from: JOKERHOG on December 06, 2017, 05:31:24 pm
I was never able to do that with BB but I can see why Morris was hired.  Definitely the right direction with the offensive philosophy.  Defense can't be worse than BB's so why not try to score more points...
exactly at worse the defense is going to be a work in progress for a bit so score a lot of points you have a chance

The NewEra

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 06, 2017, 05:32:54 pm
No, he's not. That I will guarantee.

it's time to lower the hammer on a dozen or more just like him.  Please, please, please!

hogcam

Pigstie

Who needs defense?! Smh

Said the professional msg board typist.
The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Amityvillehogger

You sure whine a lot
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

JtBrash

Heard that no names were named specifically at the meeting, for DC hire, But a name was implied. A name worth the wait to see.

PonderinHog

It's a new day!  The slate is clean.  FOTH, I hope your son decides to stay with the team.  Thanks for all you bring to this board (of ________.)   ;)

Hoginsavga

Who needs defense?! Smh

Blues, despair and agony on me,deep dark depression excessive misery. If it weren't for PTB we have no luck at at all. Well you know the rest.