Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome to the "Jerrah Era"

Started by claycohog, December 06, 2017, 03:45:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

claycohog

December 06, 2017, 03:45:40 pm Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:05:33 pm by claycohog
Lord knows the Long debacle didn't work out.

Dr. Starcs

Jerrah has already ruined the cowboys. Guess he couldn't help himself.

porkrindjimmy

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 03:51:23 pm
He also made the Cowboys so there's that

TheEnemy

Well.....if you are paying for the meal you get to choose the restaurant

Donny2665

Quote from: claycohog on December 06, 2017, 03:45:40 pm
Lord knows the the Long debacle didn't work out.
What I see when someone refers to him in that manner!
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Tusks

Jimmy made the Jerrah era in Dallas.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

claycohog

Quote from: TheEnemy on December 06, 2017, 03:54:58 pm
Well.....if you are paying for the meal you get to choose the restaurant
That's right.  Not against it, just intrigued to see how it works out.

jvanhorn

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 06, 2017, 03:54:45 pm
He also made the Cowboys so there’s that

No.  What he made was a hell of a lot of money.

Paul

Quote from: jvanhorn on December 06, 2017, 04:56:45 pm
No.  What he made was a hell of a lot of money.
correct.  money can't buy brains

oldhawg

wachhog

Jerry "made" the Cowboys? How old are you?

onebadrubi

Dr. Starcs

Mellon Collie

wachhog

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 06, 2017, 05:08:57 pm
I think he meant jimmy?
He must not know about Murchison, Landry and Staubach. Of course, they only made America's Team.

oldhawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:09:58 pm
WTH are you talking about

Although you cannot ignore the Cowboy's stature and value in 1989 when Jones bought the franchise for 150 million dollars, neither can you ignore the following:

"The Cowboys are the NFL's most valuable team for the 11th straight year and the world's most valuable sports franchise. America's Team is worth $4.8 billion, up 14%, with profits of $350 million thanks to a booming merchandise business and the revenue opportunities at their new practice facility, The Star."

Jones has had his influence.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: oldhawg on December 06, 2017, 05:17:42 pm

Although you cannot ignore the Cowboy's stature and value in 1989 when Jones bought the franchise for 150 million dollars, neither can you ignore the following:

"The Cowboys are the NFL's most valuable team for the 11th straight year and the world's most valuable sports franchise. America's Team is worth $4.8 billion, up 14%, with profits of $350 million thanks to a booming merchandise business and the revenue opportunities at their new practice facility, The Star."

Jones has had his influence.

No, I get that absolutely. But the cowboys were America's team long before Jerry arrived.

PharmacistHog

Wasnt my pick but its who we got. Don't let yourself become "that guy". Ive read your posts too long now. Might as well give the guy a chance.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

hobhog

Keeping one of the most powerful men in sports happy and behind your program is certainly a good thing. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 06, 2017, 05:21:11 pm
Wasnt my pick but its who we got. Don't let yourself become "that guy". Ive read your posts too long now. Might as well give the guy a chance.

Point taken. Still pissed. But point taken.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:24:32 pm
Point taken. Still pissed. But point taken.

You're a good poster. Don't let this screw that up. Lets just watch and see what happens.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 06, 2017, 05:48:34 pm
You're a good poster. Don't let this screw that up. Lets just watch and see what happens.

Thanks Pharm. Gonna try to take a post break for a while.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:53:13 pm
Thanks Pharm. Gonna try to take a post break for a while.

Its all good.

ipigsooie

Quote from: hobhog on December 06, 2017, 05:23:00 pm
Keeping one of the most powerful men in sports happy and behind your program is certainly a good thing. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise.
Agree!

ipigsooie

Yeah he has "ruined" them. Paid 100 million for them, now they are worth 6 billion. Since "Jerrah" bought the Cowboys in 88 how many teams have won more Super bowls? The Patriots.  You either hate the Cowboys or you love them. Only team in the NFL that's relevant whether they win or lose.  Say what you want about Jerry but him getting more involved in our program is a good thing.

SchrodingersHog

I can't help but wonder how many remember Jerry before he bought the Cowboys.  Back in his oil and gas days.  Of those that remember his oil and gas business methods, I wonder how many would rather not have Jerrah in control of the Hogs?  Me, for one.

Doesn't change the coach selection.  Morris is our coach.  Hope he does well.  We need it.

EastexHawg

Are you kidding?  How old are you, 14?

The Cowboys were in the NFL or NFC Championship game 12 times in 18 years before Jerry Jones took over the franchise.  They were in five Super Bowls in nine years. 

Jerry had one coach who built the team off the field and won games on it.  Naturally, his massive ego caused him to fire the only man, the only reason, he was successful. 

Jerry made the infamous statement that "500 coaches could win" with his team.  One of them did...once... but since the mid 90s Jerry has run the once greatest franchise in the NFL into the ground to the point that Herm Edwards by himself has won more playoff games than Dallas.

Naturally, that scintillating record and his deep understanding of winning football make Jerry Jones the perfect man to ram through his choice as coach of the Razorbacks.  What could possibly go wrong?

wwrogers5

The Cowboys have been to the playoffs twice in 11 years. Jerry couldn't make lemonade.this was a horrible hire. Peace

ricepig

Quote from: SchrodingersHog on December 06, 2017, 06:00:43 pm
I can't help but wonder how many remember Jerry before he bought the Cowboys.  Back in his oil and gas days.  Of those that remember his oil and gas business methods, I wonder how many would rather not have Jerrah in control of the Hogs?  Me, for one.

Doesn't change the coach selection.  Morris is our coach.  Hope he does well.  We need it.

I've known him since 1971, he's not changed a lot since then.

wwrogers5

I am and will always bleed Razorback red, (not cardinal red), I will get behind him 98%. Hired 3 offensive coaches today all 32 years old.
It is a young man and 1 woman(she is in recruiting) game. Go Hogs!

Sooieetness

For those who haven't seen it, I suggest watching the Jerry Jones feature on "A Football Life," the series that airs on the NFL Channel.  It should be available in repeat broadcasts.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

oldhawg

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 06, 2017, 05:20:26 pm
No, I get that absolutely. But the cowboys were America's team long before Jerry arrived.

Agree.  Although not everyone is around to remember those days.  :)

Athog

Dominicanhog

Quote from: wwrogers5 on December 06, 2017, 06:04:39 pm
The Cowboys have been to the playoffs twice in 11 years.

I'd call that  "making the Cowboys"

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2017, 06:09:37 pm
I've known him since 1971, he's not changed a lot since then.

Dam, and I thought you were young and hip.. :D

ricepig

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 06, 2017, 07:11:03 pm

Lol, it was at a family reunion, Gene and he drove up in a convertible Cadillac, it might have been in 73'. I was young, either 13 or 15, which makes me think 71' was correct.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: ricepig on December 06, 2017, 07:16:40 pm
Lol, it was at a family reunion, Gene and he drove up in a convertible Cadillac, it might have been in 73'. I was young, either 13 or 15, which makes me think 71' was correct.

Since your getting old, losing your mind and can't remember things, I'll share a trick I use... !971 Joe Ferguson.. 1973 Mike Kirkland..hard to get those 2 years confused if you do it that way...

Razor1997

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 06, 2017, 05:08:57 pm
I think he meant jimmy?

"Jimmy" is a strange way to spell "Tex Schramm and Tom Landry".

JONAS

That he has, but I don't care.  I'm not a Cowboys fan.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Dominicanhog on December 06, 2017, 07:11:03 pm

No. He's old and broke his hip.