Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Justin Stepp Recievers coach

Started by RebelW, December 06, 2017, 02:40:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RebelW

At SMU will be coming along as well. Will miss Coach Smith, but it's a new era!

East TN HAWG

Bummer.  There goes LA recruiting.  Hope TX recruiting picks up to off set the loss. 

Hog Waller

Losing Smith's recruiting connections in LA may hurt, but maybe this will be a plus in that our WR's skills improve.

jgphillips3

I guess this leaves Lunney as the only possible keep from the staff...if they do keep anyone.

Wildhog

Michael Smith has experience coaching RB's, too.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RebelW

Quote from: East TN HAWG on December 06, 2017, 02:42:01 pm
Bummer.  There goes LA recruiting.  Hope TX recruiting picks up to off set the loss.

Believe me.. it Will

TX HOG

If Jeff Traylor is the RB coach for SMU, we want him to come

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Quote from: TX HOG on December 06, 2017, 02:47:05 pm

He's serving as the interim for the bowl game. I can't see him coming right now.

RazorNick

Trey1981

Quote from: Wildhog on December 06, 2017, 02:46:14 pm
Michael Smith has experience coaching RB's, too.

I sure hope that he puts Smith with the RB's.  He's by far the best recruiter on the previous staff. It's mind boggling that CM wouldn't at least talk to him.

Uncommon

So far we got:

HC Chad Morris
OC/QB Joe Craddock
DC
RB
WR Justin Stepp
TE
OL Dustin Fry
DL
LB
DB

TX HOG

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 06, 2017, 02:48:15 pm
He's serving as the interim for the bowl game. I can't see him coming right now.

Gotcha. I think we're going to love his recruiting abilities

azhog10

Appears he's the front runner to get the SMU job as well.

Hugo Bezdek

Traylor coached TE at Texas. Some of these guys can move around to different positions. Sounds like we'll find out soon though.

Atlhogfan1

Clemson GA
App St
SMU

:-\

Three assistants.  All young.  All 0 SEC experience. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

TX HOG

247Hog

Quote from: RebelW on December 06, 2017, 02:46:38 pm
Believe me.. it Will

Okay if you say so. I'll believe anything a random poster says.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

scottwillrazbackfan1

yes indeed. top recruiter!

azhog10

If he brings Van Malone with him I won't ever be able to get behind this. Van is the one guy SMU fans are begging Morris to take with him.

TX HOG

Quote from: scottwillrazbackfan1 on December 06, 2017, 02:51:11 pm
yes indeed. top recruiter!

Yeah. The nations recruiter of the year just a few years ago. He's a Texas High school legend as well. Still young(ish) too

a0ashle

Uncommon

Quote from: azhog10 on December 06, 2017, 02:52:33 pm
If he brings Van Malone with him I won't ever be able to get behind this. Van is the one guy SMU fans are begging Morris to take with him.
Bring on the Van Van.

Sorry.  Couldn't help myself.

TX HOG

Maybe Sumlin will go to SMU so we can get Traylor. Hahaha

azhog10

Quote from: a0ashle on December 06, 2017, 02:53:02 pm
For what it's worth...

SMU has a PFF first team all American WR.

https://twitter.com/pff_college/status/938491241393729536
Lets not use that to promote a coach.....we have an Olineman on that list and we all know it had nothing to do with his coach.

mj4president

Coach Eric Taylor from TMU will be QB coach, not Joe.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

committedtothetusk

Quote from: Uncommon on December 06, 2017, 02:48:37 pm
So far we got:

HC Chad Morris
OC/QB Joe Craddock
DC
RB
WR Justin Stepp
TE
OL Dustin Fry
DL
LB
DB

Actually love these so far, keep the offensive chemistry together and they're all fun, motivated and hungry. I believe recruits and players will love that as well. Offense will be solid!

Hog N Bama

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: TX HOG on December 06, 2017, 02:52:50 pm
Yeah. The nations recruiter of the year just a few years ago. He's a Texas High school legend as well. Still young(ish) too

What makes him a legend? He's from South Carolina

a0ashle

Quote from: azhog10 on December 06, 2017, 02:54:34 pm
Lets not use that to promote a coach.....we have an Olineman on that list and we all know it had nothing to do with his coach.

Damn, so we can't use player performance to evaluate coaches... well then good luck.

TX HOG

a0ashle

Uncommon

Quote from: mj4president on December 06, 2017, 02:55:07 pm
Coach Eric Taylor from TMU will be QB coach, not Joe.
Lol.  I was like whooooo?  Good reference.

TX HOG

Quote from: redhogchilipepper on December 06, 2017, 02:57:36 pm
10-4

Got distracted discussing Traylor. He coached HS not far from where I'm from in East Texas. I'm not sue if we've ever had a former national recruiter of the year. Just got excited about that possibility

RebelW

Quote from: 247Hog on December 06, 2017, 02:50:43 pm
Okay if you say so. I'll believe anything a random poster says.
So I have to post on here every 30 min? I'm on here every day. Move along with your petty self

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 06, 2017, 02:50:14 pm
Clemson GA
App St
SMU

:-\

Three assistants.  All young.  All 0 SEC experience.

Who cares if they have SEC experience?  News flash: top to bottom the SEC is not what it was five years ago

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: TX HOG on December 06, 2017, 02:59:34 pm
Got distracted discussing Traylor. He coached HS not far from where I'm from in East Texas. I'm not sue if we've ever had a former national recruiter of the year. Just got excited about that possibility

This is a good start

TX HOG

#1 STUNNA

Wish he would bring his big stud with him. They have maybe the best receiver in the country at SMU

Southpointhog

Hugo Bezdek

These first three guys announced are the three on staff that he's had since they were GAs at Clemson running his offense. I half expect we'll see Traylor because of his recruiting in East Texas. Buddy Wyatt (DL) has had several SEC jobs so he wouldn't be a surprise either.

Birminghog

Quote from: Uncommon on December 06, 2017, 02:53:16 pm
Bring on the Van Van.

Sorry.  Couldn't help myself.

No, no, no. The Traylor trailer!

kodiakisland

Quote from: Trey1981 on December 06, 2017, 02:48:31 pm
I sure hope that he puts Smith with the RB's.  He's by far the best recruiter on the previous staff. It's mind boggling that CM wouldn't at least talk to him.

I don't know that saying someone from the previous staff was the best one of the bunch actually means anything.  I wouldn't keep anyone from the previous staff if I was him.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Wildhog

Quote from: kodiakisland on December 06, 2017, 03:21:34 pm
I don't know that saying someone from the previous staff was the best one of the bunch actually means anything.  I wouldn't keep anyone from the previous staff if I was him.

Michael Smith is a great recruiter.
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgwash

My son graduated from SMU.  He told me they have 3 potential NFL draft picks at WR, including one who is potential first rounder.  I think two were recruited by CM (one may be a transfer).  The other was recruited by June Jones but as a safety.  CM moved him to WR at the first practice.

pghawg1

How does anybody no he can't recruit LA.

azhog10

Quote from: a0ashle on December 06, 2017, 02:56:04 pm
Damn, so we can't use player performance to evaluate coaches... well then good luck.
You can......but it's not always a true indication is what I'm saying. Frank Ragnow is on that list not bc Kurt Anderson is a great OLine Coach.