Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Craddock new OC

Started by bighog2255, December 06, 2017, 12:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

runninrazorback

Quote from: goodguytex on December 06, 2017, 12:38:40 pm
Malzahn will most likely be the HC at Arkansas if he wants to if Morris doesn't work out.

Oh my
He DOESNT want to. 
Good Grief.

rljjr

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on December 06, 2017, 12:47:59 pm
puppet OC to be fired if things go bad.

Time for your diaper change, big fella.

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: runninrazorback on December 06, 2017, 12:51:44 pm
Oh my
He DOESNT want to. 
Good Grief.

Yep, and I HOPE those that do the hiring and firing and the money men on the Hill have learned their lesson.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

brenthog

Quote from: The Boar War on December 06, 2017, 12:50:58 pm
Then the position needs to be filled with a great recruiter.

I watched those videos and i would bet he is a very good recruiter. He has very high energy and is younger so he can relate to recruits. He seems detail oriented and isn't a true OC for play calls, but runs the rest of the offense.

His salary is probably lower, so we can spend more on Defense, but I woukd not discount him. Dabo was apparently very high on him.

SamBuckhart

Welcome to Coach Craddock. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I said yesterday Morris would gain my support if he publicly fired Kurt Anderson, the biggest fraud on the staff, literally and figuratively.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

redeye

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 06, 2017, 12:11:15 pm
From Birmingham.  Was an asst high school coach in Alabama for a couple of season.  No SEC experience.  This seems more like a Gus-Rhett thing of mentoring.  Maybe he'll relate to qb recruits.  Given who the head coach is, this is one of the less interesting and important hires to be made IMO.

Yea, I agree.  I wish his recruiting numbers were better, but I'm surprised that he was a nominee for the Broyles Award.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

The real Hogules

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 06, 2017, 12:46:58 pm
please don't come back when we start winning. I hate bandwagon fans

I won't and when the losing continues you be sure and finish your $#!t sandwich!
If Average Chad proves me wrong I'll damn sure admit it!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

#1Fan

bjeffersonhog

If the rumor is true that he has 3 million to hire his OC/DC... and he doesn't land a HUGE DC after announcing this guy as his OC it's going to be disappointing.  I'm not really expecting Venables to come here.... but what if his "interview" was just making sure he wanted to come here with Morris?  Venables said he wasn't sure how to answer the question when asked if he was being looked at for our HC and said the university had just talked to his agent.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Uncommon on December 06, 2017, 12:11:03 pm
Our poor offensive line is going to be in a world of hurt conditioning wise this Spring.

Yep... Look for the big TE's to move in...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

King Kong

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 06, 2017, 01:00:33 pm
If the rumor is true that he has 3 million to hire his OC/DC... and he doesn't land a HUGE DC after announcing this guy as his OC it's going to be disappointing.  I'm not really expecting Venables to come here.... but what if his "interview" was just making sure he wanted to come here with Morris?  Venables said he wasn't sure how to answer the question when asked if he was being looked at for our HC and said the university had just talked to his agent.

His OC is irrelevant as Morris will call plays

HamGrowsOnTrees

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2017, 01:00:00 pm
I won't and when the losing continues you be sure and finish your $#!t sandwich!

They don't get it. They never will get it. They don't follow history. He won't eat his crap sandwich he will be too busy making excuses.

HappyFan

If I were looking for a OL coach I would give Sean Kugler a call, he is currently unemployed.

LAGNAF

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2017, 12:42:19 pm
Wow, how does Morris do it? I mean he's already assembling a top notch staff!
I feel kind of silly for doubting his abilities as a recruiter, now that I've witnessed first hand how he can walk into a room and
select his assistants off of any staff, nation wide!
I can't believe how lucky we are, he stole SMU's OC!
The sky's the limit now, boys!
The UofA had better start having a new trophy case built, because we're fixing to be in the hunt for Nattys!

If you'd pull the foreskin down a little we could understand you better.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2017, 01:00:00 pm

I'm extremely excited that you are so damn disappointed. Nothing like kicking some trash to the curb. Wait and see who wins the NC this year and go buy you shersey of a football program that a winner like you can relate to.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Hogberry Snortcake

The Boar War

Quote from: King Kong on December 06, 2017, 01:03:04 pm
His OC is irrelevant as Morris will call plays

No one can afford to be irrelevant.  If he's just a clipboard holder for Morris he needs to be a clipboard holder who can bring in talent.  I have no idea if he can but his history shows he hasn't.

kd67

His Director of Recruiting will also be coming to Arkansas.

The real Hogules

Quote from: LAGNAF on December 06, 2017, 01:11:16 pm
If you'd pull the foreskin down a little we could understand you better.

You seem like the type that would volunteer to "pull it back for me".

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: The Boar War on December 06, 2017, 12:50:58 pm
Then the position needs to be filled with a great recruiter.

And yet it wasn't...smh

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: #1Fan on December 06, 2017, 01:00:33 pm
Looks like he's in 8th grade.  Or maybe I'm just getting old. ;)

Really?? This dude looks like a dork. Get a modern haircut at least.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Hell no on keeping any of the current staff.

Clean it all out. 

Bobby Allen and EK Franks are terrible bagmen.  I trust Morris has better people ready to rock n roll in those positions and we can start actually landing some top end talent.

Coach Smith has delivered bodies from Louisiana, not exactly any impact players that could compete for playing time on any other SEC West rosters.  The development of WR's here isn't exactly roses and champagne either.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Cotton

I feel kind of silly for doubting his abilities as a recruiter, now that I've witnessed first hand how he can walk into a room and
The UofA had better start having a new trophy case built, because we're fixing to be in the hunt for Nattys!
The ole saying... "There's one in every crowd" ^^^
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

Hopeful Hog

This is yet another thing that worries me about Morris. Just because he can now AFFORD a better staff doesn't mean he's going to GET a better staff. He seems like one of those really loyal guys who is just going to bring most of his garbage staff with him and give them a raise.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

furthermore, if keeping Arkansas kids in-state is why you want to keep Lunney then that is ridiculous.  Arkansas connections are really overrated when it comes to recruiting Arkansas kids to Fayetteville.

What is more important is to flush out the Malzahnites and pro-Bama, Tenn., LSU etc HS coaches.  Gotta get rid of the lowlife coaches that will steer a kid out of state just for spite or for some silly personal issue.  In saying that, the U. of A may not be the best fit for all Arkansas kids and it's a HS coach's duty in my opinion to help a kid pick the best school for them. The HS coach needs to market his players to colleges across the country and I don't think a lot of Arkansas HS coaches really do much at all to promote their players to the next level.

Morris' program will recruit itself. You don't need some legacy player turn coach to sell Arkansas football. A fun exciting football team that wins is what you need.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

LAGNAF

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2017, 01:27:54 pm
You seem like the type that would volunteer to "pull it back for me".

Nah, I think you probably look better "uncut"

ridgehog23

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 06, 2017, 12:46:58 pm
please don't come back when we start winning. I hate bandwagon fans

hogcards

"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

Hopeful Hog

Exactly!!!

Jones3744

Hopefully Coach Traylor will come with him.

dmaxfan

If no venables,  I'd go after chavis
No, you don't have any sources and no one believes you.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Jones3744 on December 06, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
Hopefully Coach Traylor will come with him.

He was named interim coach so my guess is if he is coming it wouldn't be until after their bowl game.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 06, 2017, 12:13:13 pm
Yep.  Strength and Conditioning coach will be one of the most important hires he makes as they have quite a bit of work to do this off season.
I bet he orders a semi full of treadmills

emdavenp

Quote from: kd67 on December 06, 2017, 01:27:28 pm
His Director of Recruiting will also be coming to Arkansas.

Where did you see this?

The real Hogules

Quote from: LAGNAF on December 06, 2017, 01:40:36 pm
Nah, I think you probably look better "uncut"

You sound as if you'd know, my closet dwelling uh hum, friend.
You're the expert.

emdavenp

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on December 06, 2017, 01:33:34 pm
Hell no on keeping any of the current staff.

Clean it all out. 

Bobby Allen and EK Franks are terrible bagmen.  I trust Morris has better people ready to rock n roll in those positions and we can start actually landing some top end talent.

Coach Smith has delivered bodies from Louisiana, not exactly any impact players that could compete for playing time on any other SEC West rosters.  The development of WR's here isn't exactly roses and champagne either.

How would you know that EK Franks is terrible at his job? His job isn't to get the players here and seal the deal. His job is to ensure that the player and his family all have great visits to Fayetteville. Did you just look up his title and jump to a conclusion? For shame.

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Hoginsavga

Quote from: #1Fan on December 06, 2017, 01:00:33 pm
Looks like he's in 8th grade.  Or maybe I'm just getting old. ;)

Strange, the older I get the younger people look. Even the mirror fools me sometimes.

redneckfriend

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 06, 2017, 01:37:41 pm
This is yet another thing that worries me about Morris. Just because he can now AFFORD a better staff doesn't mean he's going to GET a better staff. He seems like one of those really loyal guys who is just going to bring most of his garbage staff with him and give them a raise.

That had better not be the case on the defensive side. If he doesn't understand right now that a dominant defense is necessary to win in the SEC he won't be here long.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 06, 2017, 01:37:41 pm
Garbage staff? Really dude? I'm sure Coach Morris enjoys keeping garbage staff so he can fail. Get real

okrazorback

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 06, 2017, 12:26:34 pm
Learning by fire.  Hope we don't do this on the D side.

You mean firing one coach to hire another with about the same record.

The real Hogules

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 06, 2017, 01:48:17 pm
I marvel at someone that thought that was a good post.

It's NOT about it being a "good post".
It's about it being "the truth"!
I'd have been alright with almost every name spoken, outside of Skip Holtz, Tim Horton and Average Chad Morris.
Everyone "hopes" that it works out, but having followed the Hogs for most of my life, I have VERY little faith in the decision makers selections.

okrazorback

Quote from: Hog N Bama on December 06, 2017, 01:51:27 pm
Garbage staff? Really dude? I'm sure Coach Morris enjoys keeping garbage staff so he can fail. Get real

He's used to failing

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2017, 01:53:50 pm
It's NOT about it being a "good post".
It's about it being "the truth"!

Yeah, that's what I meant by good post.  It's a terrible post and it's not true.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Been10Hog

Quote from: SouthMisscoHawg on December 06, 2017, 12:13:43 pm
I wouldn't mind seeing him keep  Lunney and Smith...
Smith is apparently a good recruiter in LA, but I've really been disappointed in the receivers. They have speed, but haven't been able to get open. A lot of that is coaching and football IQ. James Shibest and Tim Horton and Drew Morgan got open. They were not burners

Hog N Bama

Another branch of the Malzahn>Morris tree

The Hawg Marshal

Billy Embody‏Verified account @BillyEmbody
26m26 minutes ago

#SMU OL coach Dustin Fry will join Chad Morris at Arkansas, source tells @SMU247.
1 reply 2 retweets 1 like