Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Craddock new OC

Started by bighog2255, December 06, 2017, 12:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: King Kong on December 06, 2017, 01:03:04 pm
His OC is irrelevant as Morris will call plays

It may be irrelevant as far as play calling goes.  But when you have a 3 million dollar budget... unless you're blowing a ton of it on a DC you should probably just higher an ace recruiter as your OC.  This guy might be a great recruiter though for all we know.... he's young so maybe he can relate really well to the recruits. I just cant imagine they are paying him a large amount of that 3 million.

Tim Harris

Billy Embody‏Verified account
@BillyEmbody
2h2 hours ago
More Billy Embody Retweeted Billy Embody
Updated: Per source, whole #SMU coaching staff, outside of Morris, to coach in Frisco Bowl on Dec. 20.

Tim Harris

Quote from: bjeffersonhog on December 06, 2017, 02:01:18 pm
It may be irrelevant as far as play calling goes.  But when you have a 3 million dollar budget... unless you're blowing a ton of it on a DC you should probably just higher an ace recruiter as your OC.  This guy might be a great recruiter though for all we know.... he's young so maybe he can relate really well to the recruits. I just cant imagine they are paying him a large amount of that 3 million.

Not doubting you but where is the 3 million dollar budget coming from?

Kevin

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 06, 2017, 01:59:17 pm
Billy Embody‏Verified account @BillyEmbody
26m26 minutes ago

#SMU OL coach Dustin Fry will join Chad Morris at Arkansas, source tells @SMU247.
1 reply 2 retweets 1 like

really young
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The Boar War

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on December 06, 2017, 01:59:17 pm
Billy Embody‏Verified account @BillyEmbody
26m26 minutes ago

#SMU OL coach Dustin Fry will join Chad Morris at Arkansas, source tells @SMU247.
1 reply 2 retweets 1 like

At least he's not Anderson.....

The Hawg Marshal

snoblind

Quote from: The real Hogules on December 06, 2017, 01:00:00 pm
I won't and when the losing continues you be sure and finish your $#!t sandwich!
If Average Chad proves me wrong I'll damn sure admit it!

No you won't.  If we start winning you will either run and hide until the next loss or just continue to pollute every thread with your whining.  Only idiots are not willing to see how it plays out. 

Fayettechill14

I would guess Morris will bring most or all of his entire offensive staff here. That makes sense.

He'll probably only bring one or maybe two defensive assistants - recruiters, most likely - and try to hire some bigger names on that side of the ball. When you're at a smaller school like SMU, you kind of have to focus on being good at one thing. At Arkansas, he'll need to field a competent defense.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: Tim Harris on December 06, 2017, 02:02:15 pm
Not doubting you but where is the 3 million dollar budget coming from?

Well I said if the rumor is true in my original post.  But it was said by duckman in another post, and while most people think he doesn't know anything.... I tend to believe he has more sources then most.....

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Kevin on December 06, 2017, 02:02:31 pm
really young

He spent some time in the NFL before coaching. Fifth round pick to the Rams in 2007.

ElDawgHawg

Quote from: gustofwind on December 06, 2017, 12:47:53 pm
Don't see Lunney going anywhere.  He's a lot like Morris:
1) Respected by in state HS coaches
2) Lead recruiter for in state players
3) Coached HS fb

not all HS coaches like Lunney.  You are only important to him if you have a player.  He told me two years ago to email him if I needed anything.  I did, asking for cut-ups of a specific play/formation.  Never heard back......
this was about the same time they realized our stud RB wasn't going to qualify academically. 
That's part of the game and I know it happens everywhere but Lunney is an ok dude.... just not irreplaceable.
#WPS

Soooie21

I would guess he replaces all of the holdovers...

twistitup

Quote from: greenie on December 06, 2017, 12:10:37 pm
Has anybody heard if they've formally terminated the rest of Bielema's staff?

Wondering if Lunney, Smith, Enos, et al will land a spot on the new staff.  Just curious.

No, no, no, no
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

The Boar War

According to a reporter with the dmn Craddock calls the plays.

dirtdobber

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21597213/chad-morris-arkansas-razorbacks-coveted-losing-record

According to this article, Morris says he turned over play calling to Craddock in order to be a better head coach.

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on December 06, 2017, 01:37:41 pm
This is yet another thing that worries me about Morris. Just because he can now AFFORD a better staff doesn't mean he's going to GET a better staff. He seems like one of those really loyal guys who is just going to bring most of his garbage staff with him and give them a raise.

Garbage post
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: Kevin on December 06, 2017, 02:02:31 pm
really young

So we upgraded in every area from the previous OL coach...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

hawgs12packers

Any idea what we will be paying him? May give us a clue on who would be on the list of DC we could go after.

rljjr

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Uncommon on December 06, 2017, 12:11:03 pm
Our poor offensive line is going to be in a world of hurt conditioning wise this Spring.

I agree. OL will have to be in better condition bec in the hurry up no hurdle offenses, CCM wants to run a play 5 sec after the ball is spotted.  That's fast.

TebowHater

This guy better not get paid jack (by SEC OC standards)

Roadhog82

Quote from: Kevin on December 06, 2017, 02:19:45 pm
resume:
Clemson grad assistant
o line coach smu

And former NFL lineman

Roadhog82

Did most of you really not expect him to bring along most of his offensive staff

longpig

Quote from: azhog10 on December 06, 2017, 12:15:28 pm
Those two he should keep. Lunney for Arkansas recruiting and Smith for his ties to Louisianna. If Morris can truly recruit Texas, then having him and Smith to recruit LA and TX would be killer. But I  still don't like the hire.

Lunney will most likely take an OC job somewhere.
Don't be scared, be smart.