Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Grow Up

Started by isavedjazz, December 05, 2017, 05:42:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

isavedjazz

Do you really think you're going to get a better coach by protesting one of the most respected and befriended people in college football? You think Venables is going to come to Arkansas after a bunch of grown children disgrace his good friend? It's foolish. You didn't get your guy. Grow up. Give the man a chance.

There is a reason Tennessee doesn't have a coach.
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

Holmes501

Wooderson

Give me liberty, or give me death!

PorkerOinker

I wonder if some on here are capable of growing up.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

NATEHOGG216

Hahaha. you think there was ever a chance at ven coming to be D.C.  You are listing to the spin machine trying to make everyone think this is a good hire.
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

WichitaStateRazorback

You huggers are so delusional.

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

PorkerOinker

Quote from: Wooderson on December 05, 2017, 05:43:29 pm
Care!

I do care, about my family, my job, things that actually have an impact on my life. I am a Razorback fan, but it's an interest to fill down time. Nothing more nothing less.

isavedjazz

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on December 05, 2017, 05:43:37 pm
Hahaha. you think there was ever a chance at ven coming to be D.C.  You are listing to the spin machine trying to make everyone think this is a good hire.

I was referring to Venables as head coach, mouthbreather
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

WichitaStateRazorback

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on December 05, 2017, 05:45:05 pm
You protestors are fools.
sorry that we actually want the program to win... You can accept mediocrity if you want but don't hate those who want better

805 SOCALHOG

USC fans hated Pete Carroll...who the hell knows. Give him a shot. I like the AD and lets get behind coach. Don't be Tenn, a lot of people were after him including A&M.

LIVNLUVHAWGS

Support the coach...don't be idiots...remember TN...act like adults...make AR proud! PLEASE!!!
GO HOGS!!!

Wooderson

Cale

I'm pretty unhappy with the hire, but I'm gonna give the guy a chance. If I'm wrong about him, nothing would make me happier. I just don't see it.
Quote from: jst01 on January 06, 2018, 06:00:42 pm<br />Maybe we are a baseball school <br />

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

isavedjazz

Quote from: WichitaStateRazorback on December 05, 2017, 05:46:13 pm
sorry that we actually want the program to win... You can accept mediocrity if you want but don't hate those who want better

So you think embarrassing a grown man, husband, and father who happens to be one of the most well respected people in the business because you didn't get your way going to help Arkansas football? Noted.

Hog Pharm

But no one know who will or will not be successful here. That's a fact. Support the coach until he proves he's not the man for the job.

respirback

Most of the protesters are still swishing Malzahn's jizz around in their mouth

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: LIVNLUVHAWGS on December 05, 2017, 05:46:54 pm
Support the coach...don't be idiots...remember TN...act like adults...make AR proud! PLEASE!!!
oh, those who believe that coaches read each and every post on a message board and based on what he reads makes a decision to stay at SMU or be the head coach at Arkansas ?  good God almighty, the ignorance is deep in this thread
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

rljjr

You don't want better. You just want to complain. If you want better then contact the BOT and give them some ideas.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: isavedjazz on December 05, 2017, 05:42:08 pm
Do you really think you're going to get a better coach by protesting one of the most respected and befriended people in college football? You think Venables is going to come to Arkansas after a bunch of grown children disgrace his good friend? It's foolish. You didn't get your guy. Grow up. Give the man a chance.

All I hear is you sniping at fans who can deliver factual arguments that the least qualified candidate is being given the job and we are just being told to shut up and take it.

Had someone tried to construct a rational case for Mr. Morris many of us would have given him some time to demonstrate his potential.

As no credible case is being made I see no reason to withhold judgement so bitch away and expect to hear it all right back until your guy manages to win at least one game against a Power 5 opponent.

isavedjazz

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 05, 2017, 05:51:03 pm
oh, those who believe that coaches read each and every post on a message board and based on what he reads makes a decision to stay at SMU or be the head coach at Arkansas ?  good God almighty, the ignorance is deep in this thread

He already has the job my man. You missed the point.

Wooderson

Quote from: rljjr on December 05, 2017, 05:52:24 pm
You don't want better. You just want to complain. If you want better then contact the BOT and give them some ideas.

They could have hired Norvell, but he wasn't Jerry's boy.  We can't help that.

PorkerOinker

Quote from: respirback on December 05, 2017, 05:50:28 pm
Most of the protesters are still swishing Malzahn's jizz around in their mouth

Really??? You comment in a thread titled Grow Up with that???

synthartist69

Get out the planes and make new banners... FIRE MORRIS!!!

Wooderson

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 05, 2017, 05:53:59 pm
All I hear is you sniping at fans who can deliver factual arguments that the least qualified candidate is being given the job and we are just being told to shut up and take it.

Had someone tried to construct a rational case for Mr. Morris many of us would have given him some time to demonstrate his potential.

As no credible case is being made I see no reason to withhold judgement so bitch away and expect to hear it all right back until your guy manages to win at least one game against a Power 5 opponent.

Here you go.  His recruiting rankings did not improve at SMU.  If he was a great recruiter they would have improved.

Here are two coaches

Wins over top 25
Coach A    2
Coach B    0

Record in games decided by 1 score or less
Coach A    6-2
Coach B    4-4

Who is the better coach?

isavedjazz

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on December 05, 2017, 05:53:59 pm

Judge all you want.  Think whatever you want. Idgaf.

This is simply a call not to publicly shame a grown man and embarrass the state and the school

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

TebowHater

Quote from: Wooderson on December 05, 2017, 05:56:32 pm
Here you go.  His recruiting rankings did not improve at SMU.  If he was a great recruiter they would have improved.

In fact, they FELL by over by over 14%. He was below average of the AAC!

BOAR_N2BWILD

Yeah because they refused a child molester or SMUs sloppy seconds
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Hugo Bezdek

Regardless of whether Venables comes as DC people need to grow up. Morris was a prolific OC at Clemson. SMU is hard as hell to win at and was losing to the tune of 30 points per game the year before he got there. Give the guy a chance.

isavedjazz

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on December 05, 2017, 05:58:38 pm
Yeah because they refused a child molester or SMUs sloppy seconds

Gruden, Norvell, Gundy, Brohm, and Mullen turned them down. And those are only the ones we know of.

Hogcore

Truth.

Don't slump to the level of the Volunteer fan base.

USChog

People on this board don't even go to the games, they're not actually going to go protest something.

M L (bassplayer)

Quote from: Cale on December 05, 2017, 05:47:38 pm
If I'm wrong about him, nothing would make me happier.

That's messed up.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Wooderson on December 05, 2017, 05:54:09 pm
They could have hired Norvell, but he wasn't Jerry's boy.  We can't help that.

Everyone always mentions Jerry when we need money for something... "Jerry will pony up for this buyout..." or "Jerry will help us pay for a GOOD coach!" Yet if Jerry meddles in anything else, he's instantly hated... Sound Logic.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: isavedjazz on December 05, 2017, 05:56:41 pm
Judge all you want.  Think whatever you want. Idgaf.

This is simply a call not to publicly shame a grown man and embarrass the state and the school

Had it been my choice Mr. Morris would not have been put in a position to be shamed because he would not be in competition with multiple coaches with more established track records.

He willingly put himself in the arena and should be prepared for the consequences.  If he's not, and you're complaints suggest a lack of confidence in his ability then by all means I suggest a graceful retreat.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: USChog on December 05, 2017, 06:03:32 pm
People on this board don't even go to the games, they're not actually going to go protest something.

Well, that's not true. 

LawyerHog50

You gonna get back on here and ask everyone to grow up every Saturday next year when we lose by 4 touchdowns?
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Capt. Hamm

apcapri

Not protesting just not gonna waste time on Razorback football for a while.

WilsonHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 05, 2017, 06:07:03 pm
Everyone always mentions Jerry when we need money for something... "Jerry will pony up for this buyout..." or "Jerry will help us pay for a GOOD coach!" Yet if Jerry meddles in anything else, he's instantly hated... Sound Logic.

I made that point a few days ago. Don't beg people to step in and do something that you cannot, and then, when they do, bitch about the results.

RzrbkRat

AMEN!  I would hate to see some of you at Christmas when you open your gift and didn't get what you wanted. Big cry babies.

Wooderson

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 05, 2017, 06:24:16 pm
I made that point a few days ago. Don't beg people to step in and do something that you cannot, and then, when they do, bitch about the results.

I haven't begged for anything from him.  He should be wanting to do what is best for the program not get HIS guy. 

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 05, 2017, 06:07:03 pm

Frank could handle Jerry because Frank could paint the bigger picture to focus Jerry on brining his strengths and not his weaknesses.  Jerry's three decades of picking coaches is a checkered record at best with more failure than success.  Were Frank still around he'd point out that the U of A need's JJ's money but not necessarily his coach picking skills and if he wants to be part of a successful partnership then he needs to be a team player and stick to what he does best and make the money that drives the program.  That'll always be credit enough for his contribution.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Wooderson on December 05, 2017, 06:25:48 pm
I haven't begged for anything from him.  He should be wanting to do what is best for the program not get HIS guy.

Hmmm....suppose he thinks that is what is best for the program?

Wooderson

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on December 05, 2017, 06:28:02 pm
Hmmm....suppose he thinks that is what is best for the program?

And every stat that is out there says otherwise.  Norvell beats morris at every single metric, but ole Jerrah looks in his crystal ball and sees that Morris is the savior to bring the Razorbacks their first conference title in 29 freaking years?  If he is so good at this then why has his team been irrelevant over 25 years now.  More than likely Jerry has gotten to rub elbows with the man down in DFW and just likes him.  AYSM?

pigmania

So Bo,Trey and all the other mouth pieces for the UA tell us that Chad will be a wonderful coach, so now we, the peasant fan base, must now fall in line and worship Chad and all those who brought him to Fayetteville. And some of you thought the fans of Malzahn were cultish. Unbelievable!

Knot2brite

Quick question....so is Jerry Jones to Arkansas what Boone Pickens is to OSU?
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Haters gonna hate

Listen. If Morris can actually nag Venables from Clemson we will talk but until then keep blowing smoke