Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should Ark take Norvell

Started by HognotinMemphis, December 03, 2017, 07:17:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

that will tell you all you need to know about the head coaching position at the U of Arkansas. No established head coach in Div 1 wants anything to do with it.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 03, 2017, 07:17:56 pm
that will tell you all you need to know about the head coaching position at the U of Arkansas. No established head coach in Div 1 wants anything to do with it.
Ill be happy because you promised to delete your account.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

The Hogfather

So dumb.

JONAS

Wooderson

So much I would like to say to you right now, but I don't want to get banned.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

HOGSWEAT

Sad to see you're still trolling even after all these years

Arkansas Fan

Oh yeah, you're the guy whining about Norvell. Go away.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: The Hogfather on December 03, 2017, 07:18:59 pm
So dumb.
Norvell is waaaay down the list so if they end up hiring him, it will be due to striking out on the 5 or 6 above him. Choice F is not exactly what you want.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

The NewEra

Your tripe gets real old, real fast.

Give it a break.

HogPharmer

Been wondering where all of HiM's stupid threads have been all week. I guess he's been saving up all the stupidity for one single thread.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

hawgbawb

We just played  Auburn. Made them pay way too much for Gus. He'll walk away with a big buyout in 2 or 3 years, leaving behind a mess.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Matt Burks

If you research Norvell including his four years as the Offensive Coordinator at Arizona State you'll see why he is a big time coach.

YAZ

I can't wait for this moron to delete his account!!! Hire Norvell!!!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 03, 2017, 07:20:38 pm
Norvell is waaaay down the list so if they end up hiring him, it will be due to striking out on the 5 or 6 above him. Choice F is not exactly what you want.

You give us too much credit. I bet he was higher than F from day 1.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

King Kong

hoglady

Georgia went the coordinator route, Oklahoma hired from within, LSU hired from within, Texas took a young up and comer.
Hiring a coach is tough business and every hire is a risk.

Arkansas has many options, good options - just hope and pray they can get their act together and choose wisely.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 03, 2017, 07:22:43 pm
Been wondering where all of HiM's stupid threads have been all week. I guess he's been saving up all the stupidity for one single thread.
He has at least 2 ALTs
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoglady on December 03, 2017, 07:24:52 pm
Georgia went the coordinator route, Oklahoma hired from within, LSU hired from within, Texas took a young up and comer.
Hiring a coach is tough business and every hire is a risk.

Arkansas has many options, good options - just hope and pray they can get their act together and choose wisely.
DAMN! She just crushed HiM with straight logic. He's a magatard, too, so that has to hurt!
@Slackaveli

IronHog

Not your best Troll job Texas boy

Norvell would be a good hire
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Pig in the Pokey

@Slackaveli

online-with-swine

Hawg Life

Quote from: hawgbawb on December 03, 2017, 07:22:56 pm
We just played  Auburn. Made them pay way too much for Gus. He'll walk away with a big buyout in 2 or 3 years, leaving behind a mess.

No, we got SEXTON'ED !!!!

oldhawg

Arkansas has not had a lot of good luck with established D-1 coaches:

Bret Bielema
John L. Smith
Bobby Petrino
Danny Ford
Turned down by Gus Malzahn.

The winningest coach (%), Ken Hatfield, was essentially run out of town by fans and an overbearing AD.

Maybe its time to roll the dice.

Tejano Jawg

Hog in Memphis acts like he knows something...starting with who choices A through E are.

So now that you have our attention, do tell.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ricepig

Dropkick

This makes me feel better after your prediction Memphis would ge blown out yesterday. I'll ask you again, are you ever right?

sooie84

You better be able recruit. I don't know all the facts on this guy but noticed that he has a number of upperclassmen that he's playing that aren't his guys. I know his predecessor (Fuente) could get it done. Is he the HDN type winning with someone else's talent or the real deal? 

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hogfansince79

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

rickm1976

I remember John Barnhill hiring a relatively young unestablished coach with only one year under his belt as a HC.

Dropkick

Quote from: sooie84 on December 03, 2017, 07:29:32 pm
You better be able recruit. I don't know all the facts on this guy but noticed that he has a number of upperclassmen that he's playing that aren't his guys. I know his predecessor (Fuente) could get it done. Is he the HDN type winning with someone else's talent or the real deal? 
You may want to check again. See who he actually brought to campus.

HoggyCat

No. They showed they'll pay big bucks for slightly above mediocrity. Go all in and call bob stoops, Gundy or even James Franklin. Quit pissing time away on a shot in the dark.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: HoggyCat on December 03, 2017, 07:38:36 pm
No. They showed they'll pay big bucks for slightly above mediocrity. Go all in and call bob stoops, Gundy or even James Franklin. Quit pissing time away on a shot in the dark.

Do you think that sitting p5 coaches regularly leave their jobs for other p5 jobs?  Do you actually follow college football?

snf6278

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 03, 2017, 07:18:28 pm
Ill be happy because you promised to delete your account.
It'd be great if true but you know he won't. His goal is to diminish anything positive at the UofA. There are several on here like that. Fortunately many are hiding because their saint spit on the state today.

26.2Hog

HoginMemphis is really an ASU-J booster.

He hates the Razorbacks.

TaylorHog

Norvell, go get him, the hogs defense can't get worse

Roaringboar

Though Norvell isn't my first pick, he's not an awful hire considering that if we haven't snagged him already, he'll be a hot name for other jobs like Florida State, maybe Tennessee, and quite possibly the AZ State job if they don't get their guy......he's just such a gamble......though he did use Fuente's players to get to the good sesaon they had this year, you have to remember they actually improved A LOT from last year when they finished 8-4 and lost the bowl game. 10-2 is not a bad year, even in the AAC, despite what people may think....I think at Arkansas he'll have a tough first year, like most coaches probably would, but he could build something here......again it's a gamble, just like Bielema was.....but what's different is he's such a wild card, but then again, so was Kirby Smart and Lincoln Riley when they were hired to their positions and look where they are now......Like I said, he's not my first pick, but I totally would be okay with this hire and a little excited as long as he found a couple of good coordinators.......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Dropkick

Quote from: 26.2Hog on December 03, 2017, 08:02:22 pm

He hates the Razorbacks.
Explains it. He's bitter.

IronHog

Quote from: 26.2Hog on December 03, 2017, 08:02:22 pm

He hates the Razorbacks.

Actually a Texas fan
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Wmhog

Delete his Account......This town isn't big enough for the two of us!  LOL

hoghearted

Quote from: ricepig on December 03, 2017, 07:28:46 pm
Presser tomorrow.

You keep throwing out these little gems. Trolling or serious.....
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Ironhawg

Presser tomorrow.

Don't be fooling around rice!  We're all a little on edge!!!

lumphog

HE IS THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB (including dis GUS ting) HE WANTS THE JOB!!!!
and I can't wait till he hangs 50 on dis  GUS  ting  :puke:           :P

lumphog

Presser tomorrow.
God    I hope so!!!! He's the best man for the job just get him a $$$ SEC DC $$$

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: HoginMemphis on December 03, 2017, 07:20:38 pm
This is just not true. You are speaking out of your ass at this point.

Hogman2

Why not?  He has an offense similar to Petrino's.  We need an offense!  I just hoped we had a passer/running QB in the spread! WE need to score points but need an adequate defense!

HoggieStyle

Quote from: hawgbawb on December 03, 2017, 07:22:56 pm

LOL. We just went 1-7 for the SEC and you think the illustrious PTB is playing the long game to gig Auburn?

ROFLMAO

SquidBilly

Norvell was no one's plan F.  Everyone else stopped looking at him for a reason, and it wasn't some stupid rumor from an Ole Miss board.

DeltaBoy

Get Mike Norvell or Mike Leach!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.