Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riddle me this....

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 01, 2017, 09:52:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 01, 2017, 11:39:21 pm
I have never in 12 years on this board called for anyone to be banned, but if Gus did not sign an extension but HyperDrive came on here and claimed to have definite, first hand information that he did I'm not sure why the administrators would allow him to stay.  Why would we want to put up with fans of other teams coming on here and lying just to yank our chains?
That guy is an idiot...he couldn't even give details on how much $$$ and length the extension was. You would think 1st hand info would include that.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogcods8

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 01, 2017, 09:52:42 pm
Gus coaching tomorrow. Norvell coaching tomorrow. Kiffin coaching tomorrow...Hell, Brent Venables coaching tomorrow....

We still don't have a coach... recruiting is needed....

Chad Morris isn't coaching tomorrow. If he was the dude, what is the hold up. He could have been hired the next day after his interview and already been rolling.

Gus, Gus, Gus. Beats around the bush when asked questions about leaving. We got Arkansas media hollering about an extension. An extension is in front of him. I can tell you Auburn was presented with a 7 mil a year...and they laughed. They have no AD, well Jacobs, but he ain't cutting deals...left hand doing this. Right hand doing that. There is no one captaining the ship so to speak. They think Gus isn't responsible for their success. They think Lindsey and Steele are the brains. Gus knows this is his shot with a program he thought back in 2005 he could take to unseen fortune.

And then there is Lane. My man. Practically asked for the job on the tranny Travis show earlier in the week. Brings the swag. The boys love him and want to play for him. He is a smartass. He is a troll. He beats to a different drum. He is an offensive genius. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Alabama for Nick Saban. Nick Saban. That dude is at the top and Lane wants to knock him off. He is absolutely perfect for this job. He honestly should have been candidate 1, 1A, 1B and candidate 2. We still don't have a permanent AD yet..the interim one adores Lane Kiffin. 

If Gus says no, he is the only logical choice. In fact, for this program Lane should be the only logical choice.

PRJ
You're way off base with all this baloney. No body wants to hire Kiffin. We will get Mike Norvell tomorrow. Period.

Sivad

PRJ say right.
We need Lane Kiffin.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: RedRock on December 01, 2017, 11:23:50 pm
Whoever it is, can we please not call the hogs at the presser?  It always feels a bit uncomfortable.

I would kind of agree, watching the Dana Altman presser was the worst. He would have been doomed here after saying: "I don't know what my friends in Omaha are thinking" unless the program had excelled right away.

However, there wouldn't be much of a reaction at FAU if Kiffin did the Hog Call.

At Aubarn, there will be an EPIC MELTDOWN if Gus does, like the one at ESPN after Petrino did it, even if they do think Lindsey and Steele are the brains behind the operation.

Kiffin would be a lot more fun of course, but Gus on the field is a cold-hearted killer while Kiffin is kind of a fratboy goofball..

If we can't get Gus, go to Norvell I say, then Kiffin.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 01, 2017, 11:41:39 pm
That guy is an idiot...he couldn't even give details on how much $$$ and length the extension was. You would think 1st hand info would include that.

He was yanking everyone's chain.  He copied a rumor from another board to another of their boards, then here, then bragged about doing it over there.  Then claimed he didn't copy it from another board here and couldn't give any details or back anything up.  FOS.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: TrueBlue on December 01, 2017, 11:00:19 pm
Would love to see Kiffin go against Jimbo when we play A&M, against Gus when we play 'Barn, and Saban with Bammer. Dude would make it fun.

Kiffin would only make it fun on twitter, that's it.

RedBird5

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 01, 2017, 11:39:21 pm
I have never in 12 years on this board called for anyone to be banned, but if Gus did not sign an extension but HyperDrive came on here and claimed to have definite, first hand information that he did I'm not sure why the administrators would allow him to stay.  Why would we want to put up with fans of other teams coming on here and lying just to yank our chains?

Imagine if they banned everyone who claimed "to have definite, first hand information". We'd have nobody here.  Honestly, it's laughable that anyone believes any of the stuff they read on here.  Sure is funny that people pretend to know and others buy it.  I get more laughs here than watching Raw.....Eddie Murphy, not wrestling

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: B Ray on December 01, 2017, 10:04:00 pm
Ok say Gus stays in Auburn , does the person making the final decision on whom the coach will be , are they leaning towards Memphis or Boca ?

If Gus falls through, just head to Florida in general.. Norvell will be coaching Memphis there in their championship too.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Dwight_K_Shrute

A big problem is getting the young fans to care about the Hogs. I'm not just talking students but the under 30 crowd. There are a ton of young professionals in NWA making good money. They haven't seen entertaining football on a consistent basis since 2011.  Foghorn Leghorn may not get Kiffin but the kids do. You want them back at games going ape sh** crazy. Hire Lane Kiffin
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HogRockCafe

Gragg AD/Strong HC. Book it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: RedBird5 on December 02, 2017, 12:02:12 am
Imagine if they banned everyone who claimed "to have definite, first hand information". We'd have nobody here.  Honestly, it's laughable that anyone believes any of the stuff they read on here.  Sure is funny that people pretend to know and others buy it.  I get more laughs here than watching Raw.....Eddie Murphy, not wrestling

First hand information is rarely ever available during a coaching search.

This is my non-signature signature.

HogT

December 02, 2017, 05:58:54 am #61 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 06:14:40 am by HogT
Gus coaching tomorrow. Norvell coaching tomorrow. Kiffin coaching tomorrow...Hell, Brent Venables coaching tomorrow....

We still don't have a coach... recruiting is needed....

Chad Morris isn't coaching tomorrow. If he was the dude, what is the hold up. He could have been hired the next day after his interview and already been rolling.

Gus, Gus, Gus. Beats around the bush when asked questions about leaving. We got Arkansas media hollering about an extension. An extension is in front of him. I can tell you Auburn was presented with a 7 mil a year...and they laughed. They have no AD, well Jacobs, but he ain't cutting deals...left hand doing this. Right hand doing that. There is no one captaining the ship so to speak. They think Gus isn't responsible for their success. They think Lindsey and Steele are the brains. Gus knows this is his shot with a program he thought back in 2005 he could take to unseen fortune.

And then there is Lane. My man. Practically asked for the job on the tranny Travis show earlier in the week. Brings the swag. The boys love him and want to play for him. He is a smartass. He is a troll. He beats to a different drum. He is an offensive genius. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Alabama for Nick Saban. Nick Saban. That dude is at the top and Lane wants to knock him off. He is absolutely perfect for this job. He honestly should have been candidate 1, 1A, 1B and candidate 2. We still don't have a permanent AD yet..the interim one adores Lane Kiffin. 

If Gus says no, he is the only logical choice. In fact, for this program Lane should be the only logical choice.

PRJ

If I could give I would kiss you right now. Absolutely spot on. Bring the Train. +1
Practice does not make perfect...
Practice makes permanent...
PERFECT practice makes perfect...

jgcat4

I've never wanted Gus. I wasn't a fan when he was OC here and I'm not a fan now. There is always too much drama surrounding him. It's like being in your 40's and trying to date a 20something. I've been a Norvell guy for a long time. Having said that, my problem with Kiffin was never coaching or recruiting ability it was always maturity. I think Saban and a divorce fixed most of that. I would love Kiffin. His social media presence is great, he'd live in Saban's Head and he'd want to beat him like no other. His offense is awesome and he can recruit. He is charasmatic and you can't teach that. I'm on the Lane 🚂
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

WPS007

Tony Perkis

Quote from: jgcat4 on December 02, 2017, 06:09:11 am
I've never wanted Gus. I wasn't a fan when he was OC here and I'm not a fan now. There is always too much drama surrounding him. It's like being in your 40's and trying to date a 20something. I've been a Norvell guy for a long time. Having said that, my problem with Kiffin was never coaching or recruiting ability it was always maturity. I think Saban and a divorce fixed most of that. I would love Kiffin. His social media presence is great, he'd live in Saban's Head and he'd want to beat him like no other. His offense is awesome and he can recruit. He is charasmatic and you can't teach that. I'm on the Lane 🚂
I'm all aboard too, if Gus falls through.

007 License To Squeal

Gus
Kiffin
Novell

In that order.....no Morris
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

PharmacistHog

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 02, 2017, 06:44:13 am
Gus
Kiffin
Novell

Oh hell, you better edit that before hell raineth down on you.
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

MuskogeeHogFan

At which P-5 school that Kiffin has been a HC, has he produced more, with lesser recruiting classes like we get at Arkansas? I mean, even if he were able to improve our recruiting from an average of #25 to #20?

Answer: None

It's the same with Gus. Morris nor Norvell has proven that they can sustain success as a HC at the G-5 level, let alone the P-5 level and let alone the SEC level.

A lot of you younger guys like Kiffin because he is a brash, smart-ass that Trolls people on Twitter. I'm not sure any of that contributes to being a good football coach. He's ambitious, which is good, but it is also bad because even if he should bring us better success (big if) the first time he gets an offer to a bigger program, he will be gone. And before you say to tie him down with a big buy out, just remember that he has to agree to that and because he is ambitious, I doubt that he would. And as soon as he left, he would be trolling us on twitter because he has no loyalty to Arkansas. Want to go through this whole mess again in 3 years? Hire Kiffin.
Go Hogs Go!

parallaxpig

Quote from: B Ray on December 01, 2017, 10:04:00 pm
Ok say Gus stays in Auburn , does the person making the final decision on whom the coach will be , are they leaning towards Memphis or Boca ?

IF not Memphis head to Pullman.......
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Rudy Baylor

PRJ

amen

PharmacistHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 06:53:50 am
At which P-5 school that Kiffin has been a HC, has he produced more, with lesser recruiting classes like we get at Arkansas? I mean, even if he were able to improve our recruiting from an average of #25 to #20?

It's the same with Gus. Morris nor Norvell has proven that they can sustain success as a HC at the G-5 level, let alone the P-5 level and let alone the SEC level.

A lot of you younger guys like Kiffin because he is a brash, smart-ass that Trolls people on Twitter. I'm not sure any of that contributes to being a good football coach. He's ambitious, which is good, but it is also bad because even if he should bring us better success (big if) the first time he gets an offer to a bigger program, he will be gone. And before you say to tie him down with a big buy out, just remember that he has to agree to that and because he is ambitious, I doubt that he would. And as soon as he left, he would be trolling us on twitter because he has no loyalty to Arkansas. Want to go through this whole mess again in 3 years? Hire Kiffin.

Hire venables
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogcods8 on December 01, 2017, 11:49:57 pm
You're way off base with all this baloney. No body wants to hire Kiffin. We will get Mike Norvell tomorrow. Period.
Plenty on here would be just fine with the Lane Train. You just prefer to not have him because you don't like his personality.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 02, 2017, 07:05:05 am
Hire venables

He hasn't proven that he can do more with less in recruiting either. He had top 10 classes while at OU, top 15 at Clemson. I like Venables, but we better hire a guy who can produce more from less.
Go Hogs Go!

rljjr

I'd take Kiffin over Gus. What are you talking about?

online-with-swine

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 07:16:52 am
He hasn't proven that he can do more with less in recruiting either. He had top 10 classes while at OU, top 15 at Clemson. I like Venables, but we better hire a guy who can produce more from less.

Or hire someone who can get the "more" here to work with.

Jonbo

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 01, 2017, 11:39:31 pm
...Someone made mention Kiffin didn't impress on his interview...came off as arrogant and a smart ass and rubbed couple people wrong way. You hear anything about this?

Oh, Lord, the all-influential interview!! GAAAHH!

duckman

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on December 02, 2017, 06:44:13 am
Gus
Kiffin
Novell

Kiffin
Gus
Norvell

In that order.....No Morris

^^^ better ^^^

PharmacistHog

Quote from: online-with-swine on December 02, 2017, 07:21:50 am

This right here

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: duckman on December 02, 2017, 07:25:04 am
Kiffin
Gus
Norvell

In that order.....No Morris

^^^ better ^^^

you forgot someone

duckman

HardCore

Quote from: HogRockCafe on December 02, 2017, 12:32:15 am
Gragg AD/Strong HC. Book it.

Gragg.....yes.  Strong.......hell no!
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

MuskogeeHogFan

Which Arkansas HC (since joining the SEC) has given us a string of top 15 recruiting classes? That is what it will take. Even Petrino wasn't going to be able to sustain 10 and 11 win seasons every year. Petrino = Gus = Leach  There isn't anyone who has been listed that is suddenly going to catapult us into the kind of recruiting classes that we need to compete for the West. Thus, need a guy who can do more, with less.
Go Hogs Go!

hassettsportsman

Super informant Tippster, the squirrel mangler, heard at the Canine Spa...that Gus was offered 8mil per year for 8yrs to rebirth the Hogs.  He didn't reveal how much Norvell, or Penny Lane have been tempted with?  Of the three, what kind of dogs do they have..in this hunt?

USChog

Was watching the Pac 12 title game last night (Fight On!), and even Blacledge and Nessler were talking about Chad Morris and the FSU opening. I thought this must be bizzaro world or we are all totally over looking something about him

Al Boarland

No realistic choice with that kind of cachet.

online-with-swine

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 07:29:58 am
Which Arkansas HC (since joining the SEC) has given us a string of top 15 recruiting classes? That is what it will take. Even Petrino wasn't going to be able to sustain 10 and 11 win seasons every year. Petrino = Gus = Leach  There isn't anyone who has been listed that is suddenly going to catapult us into the kind of recruiting classes that we need to compete for the West. Thus, need a guy who can do more, with less.

But have we ever hired a head coach who was known as a recruiter?  Kiffin would be that guy.  But, Norvell may be a little of both, recruiter and a schemer.

Boardon Hamsay

Strong words yet substance is a remote island you haven't found.  Content is lacking too.  I did like the way you put "period" in there too. Did you stamp your foot on the floor when you typed that or have to breathe a little deeper?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: online-with-swine on December 02, 2017, 07:36:40 am
But have we ever hired a head coach who was known as a recruiter?  Kiffin would be that guy.  But, Norvell may be a little of both, recruiter and a schemer.

Kiffin couldn't get it done at USC where he had an immense amount of talent. The longer he was there, the worse it became. Norvell is just finishing his second year ever as a HC, at the G-5 level. He hasn't even had the time to prove that he can sustain success at the G-5 level let alone at the P-5 in the SEC West. I'm not a fan of anyone who needs training wheels at the P-5 level. I just don't believe that is who we need.
Go Hogs Go!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on December 02, 2017, 07:26:11 am
you forgot someone

Probably one of the greatest images of Hogville makes it's triumphant return!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

duckman

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on December 02, 2017, 07:43:33 am
Probably one of the greatest images of Hogville makes it's triumphant return!

How did I miss that pic?  First time I've seen it...

PharmacistHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 07:43:17 am
Kiffin couldn't get it done at USC where he had an immense amount of talent. The longer he was there, the worse it became. Norvell is just finishing his second year ever as a HC, at the G-5 level. He hasn't even had the time to prove that he can sustain success at the G-5 level let alone at the P-5 in the SEC West. I'm not a fan of anyone who needs training wheels at the P-5 level. I just don't believe that is who we need.

Kiffin is definitely a risk, but the USC argument is a bad one, in my opinion.

duckman

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 02, 2017, 07:47:40 am

This...

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 02, 2017, 07:47:40 am

Even with NCAA scholarship penalties, they had more talent on board than we did. That may have created depth issues, but they still had plenty of talent.
Go Hogs Go!

jrulz83

Kiffin is the best hire if he wants to be here and is available.

Gus: we don't need the baggage and cult following

Norvell: serious doubts about him being successful here for me. Also, there's another cult following developing with him. We don't need that.

Morris: not a bad hire, but not a good one either. Just meh, we don't need meh.

Leach: insane, has flirted with every job available this year (but Kiffin is the one that will jump ship on us) and sued his last two (2) employers. No thanks.

The only issues with Kiffin I've heard is job hopping and too much Twitter mouthing.

To the latter, Arkansas needs swagger right now. We are beat down. Kiffin brings that instantly. I saw where on Finebaum an expert graded him as a "higher grade Bobby Petrino." Anybody think we don't need that?

Now to the former, the acrimonious job hopping is way overblown. He was fired in a ridiculous way by Pat Haden, he intended to make a spectacle of it. Who coached the Raiders around the time period that Kiffin was there and wasn't a disaster? Think it might be more to do with Al Davis drafting JaMarcus Russell among other brilliant decisions?

The only real concern I have with Kiffin is does the recruiting translate to Arkansas and if it doesn't can he figure out how to win anyway?
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

nwahogs

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 07:49:50 am
Even with NCAA scholarship penalties, they had more talent on board than we did. That may have created depth issues, but they still had plenty of talent.

Would you agree that coaches could/should get better with experience and working with other great coaches?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 07:49:50 am

Thats right, they had some talent and he had one really good year, the next year it started downhill (when the recruiting and depth issues were catching up). Kiffin was fired because he had a really good year and THEN the bad year. He set the bar too high for himself I guess.

Captain Morgan

Sounds like to me people are more worrying about Kiffin's personality than if the man can coach or not.

duckman

He is the best fit for our current situation and it isn't close...

travelinhog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 06:53:50 am

Kiffin's 2009 recruiting class was 8th in the entire country. Saban hired him as his offensive coordinator. Kiffin turned TN from a loser to a winner in one season, just like he has done at FAU. In the last 30 years, the greatest Razorback seasons have been with coaches who went from NFL head coaching jobs back to college head coaching jobs (Holtz & Petrino) records in the last  All of these facts indicate that Kiffin will be successful at Arkansas.

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Season/2009-Football/Commits

Chief Mac

Quote from: jgcat4 on December 02, 2017, 06:09:11 am

Agreed on Kiffin
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!