Previous topic - Next topic

PonderinHog

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on December 02, 2017, 10:16:41 am
it's like hiring Ponderin  :D
He's good, but he ain't no Ponderin.   >:(

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Count Hogula on December 02, 2017, 10:25:10 am
Let me imbed that for you, PRJ, LMAO

Thank Yee.....now do the same thing with this one....

This one is for Muskogee and my good friend Rex Mentor....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZNWV3pl5zE

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on December 02, 2017, 10:29:20 am

Thank you.....

For Muskogee and my good friend and part time ranch hand....Rex Mentor.

PRJ

hotdog hog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 01, 2017, 09:52:42 pm
Gus coaching tomorrow. Norvell coaching tomorrow. Kiffin coaching tomorrow...Hell, Brent Venables coaching tomorrow....

We still don't have a coach... recruiting is needed....

Chad Morris isn't coaching tomorrow. If he was the dude, what is the hold up. He could have been hired the next day after his interview and already been rolling.

Gus, Gus, Gus. Beats around the bush when asked questions about leaving. We got Arkansas media hollering about an extension. An extension is in front of him. I can tell you Auburn was presented with a 7 mil a year...and they laughed. They have no AD, well Jacobs, but he ain't cutting deals...left hand doing this. Right hand doing that. There is no one captaining the ship so to speak. They think Gus isn't responsible for their success. They think Lindsey and Steele are the brains. Gus knows this is his shot with a program he thought back in 2005 he could take to unseen fortune.

And then there is Lane. My man. Practically asked for the job on the tranny Travis show earlier in the week. Brings the swag. The boys love him and want to play for him. He is a smartass. He is a troll. He beats to a different drum. He is an offensive genius. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Alabama for Nick Saban. Nick Saban. That dude is at the top and Lane wants to knock him off. He is absolutely perfect for this job. He honestly should have been candidate 1, 1A, 1B and candidate 2. We still don't have a permanent AD yet..the interim one adores Lane Kiffin. 

If Gus says no, he is the only logical choice. In fact, for this program Lane should be the only logical choice.

PRJ
OK, you've sold me! Sign him up!

Count Hogula

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:28:14 am
Thank Yee.....now do the same thing with this one....

This one is for Muskogee and my good friend Rex Mentor....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RZNWV3pl5zE

PRJ

Can't get that video where I'm at. Roadhouse Queen, haha...

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Count Hogula on December 02, 2017, 10:35:21 am
Can't get that video where I'm at. Roadhouse Queen, haha...

Dang...it isn't...?

This is a fine band. Check em out sometime. I may or may not have some close family in this here band.

And there are several Roadhouse queens up in this joker....LMAO.

PRJ

elksnort

lumphog

Well... My ole HOME BOY (God rest his soul)
Levon said . . .

Well , they Blew up the Chicken Man in Philly last night
And, they Blew up his house too

Down on the Plains, they're ready for a fight
Gonna see what the GOBN Boys can do

Now, there's TROUBLE BUS'N in from outa state
And , the AD can't get no relief

Gonna be a rumble in the in the SEC
And the gambling commissioner is hangin on by the skin of his teeth

Everything dies, baby that's a fact
But maybe everything that dies . .  . Some day comes back

Put your make-up on Fix your hair up pretty
And meet me tonight in ATLANTA CITY  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eZwpHtcK4

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on December 02, 2017, 10:44:41 am

You're damn right. Is this their new album?

I heard a couple of R.L. Burnside cuts on their new album and they even did meet me in the city by Junior Kimbrough on their new one.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: lumphog on December 02, 2017, 10:46:04 am
Levon said . . .

Awesome...you have to listen to Hank 3's version of Atlantic City....

PRJ

lumphog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:49:08 am
Awesome...you have to listen to Hank 3's version of Atlantic City....

PRJ
Will do... I'm a Hank 3 fan

porkrindjimmy

This is for all these dudes who claimed they knew Jeff Long was getting fifed, before PRJ stated it right here on Hogville...all those that just knew it I was written in stone...and today are just now putting it out that they knew....

Well this one is for you.

Rudy...or Count...may need your help again... LMAO

https://youtu.be/OecoA_v0RC8

PRJ

RedyorNot

Kiffin would definitely be a shot in the arm for the program, but I just don't see him doing it. He seems much more like a coastal dude than a mid-south guy.

Yes, we can pay him a bunch more than the $950k he's making, but he said a couple of months ago he's having the time of his life in Boca. Bought a $2.1M waterfront home, parents live a few miles away, goes to work in swim trunks and t-shirt and said this has been the most rewarding year for him since he's been coaching. Dude can build a dynasty there and seemingly have it all.

lumphog

December 02, 2017, 11:02:55 am #165 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 11:17:35 am by lumphog
Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:54:09 am
This is for all these dudes who claimed they knew Jeff Long was getting fifed, before PRJ stated it right here on Hogville...all those that just knew it I was written in stone...and today are just now putting it out that they knew....

Well this one is for you.

Rudy...or Count...may need your help again... LMAO

https://youtu.be/OecoA_v0RC8

PRJ

All last summer... in case you don't recall
I was yours and you were mine, forget it all
Is there a line that I can write
That's sad enough to make you cry ?
And all the lines you wrote to me, were LIES
Months roll past, the love that you struck dead
Did you love me only in my head ?
There were things you said and did to me
They seem to come so easily
The love I thought I'd won, you give for FREEE
Whispers at the BUS STOP
Well, I HEARD about
Nights out in the school yard
I FOUND OUT ABOUT YOU
I FOUND OUT ABOUT YOU

porkrindjimmy

Everybody saying well we knew before PRJ. A blind man could see we were gonna fire Jeff.

At some point, a man who is friends with David Allan Coe, Hank 3, Phil Anselmo, Dax Riggs, men who are a phone call away...a man who is family with Willie Nelson AND Johnny Cash, a man who has stood on stage and sang Folsom Prison Blues with the Legendary Shack Shakers and I ain't never with BR5-49...a man who strolled in to Tuscaloosa Alabama with my pistols by my side and wiaked away one of their homecoming queens and now she resides right beside me in a compound on the Southside of a mountain in Newton County by God Arkansas...a man who has shook hands with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher.....and a man who is a member of Ducks Unlimited, the hokey hotrodders, the NRA and the national.quilting society...well he will be taken seriously.

If I can take on the gumps for their homecoming queen....well

PRJ

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:07:26 am
Everybody saying well we knew before PRJ. A blind man could see we were gonna fire Jeff.

At some point, a man who is friends with David Allan Coe, Hank 3, Phil Anselmo, Dax Riggs, men who are a phone call away...a man who is family with Willie Nelson AND Johnny Cash, a man who has stood on stage and sang Folsom Prison Blues with the Legendary Shack Shakes and I ain't never with BR5-49...a man who strolled in to Tuscaloosa Alabama with my pistols by my side and wiaked away one of their homecoming queens and now she resides right beside me in a compound on the Southside of a mountain in Newton County by God Arkansas...a man who has shook hands with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher.....and a man who is a member of Ducks Unlimited, the hokey hotrodders, the NRA and the national.quilting society...well he will be taken seriously.

PRJ

Here's to the first of the day fellas, to ol' P.R James

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 09:32:32 am
No brotha, that is you. Les Miles? Les Miles? LMAO.

You are gonna be wrong on this one which won't be surprising.

You were consistently wrong on Bret. And I do mean consistently. You and your bro's called me every name in the book...called me irrational...

But you know what y'all never called me? The one thing I was. And that is I was correct.

PRJ

Well, no "brotha", I won't be wrong because as I have said repeatedly, I have no idea who is going to be hired. I'm not sure that anyone really is sure. All I have said is who I believe would be the better hires, but that is all a matter of opinion and we all have those.

There are many who say, "it's done, it is this guy" and some of those folks may have inside connections with the big money guys who are telling them the truth and we find out that they really did know, or made a good guess.

Others may be completely off the mark and when the hire comes down they say something like, "well, I was right when I said it, but things changed".

I'm just being honest in saying I'm not sure who it is going to be. It seems to be a process that is in motion, but is ever-changing depending upon what A, B, or C says.
Go Hogs Go!

RedyorNot

At some point, a man who is friends with David Allan Coe, Hank 3, Phil Anselmo, Dax Riggs, men who are a phone call away...a man who is family with Willie Nelson AND Johnny Cash, a man who has stood on stage and sang Folsom Prison Blues with the Legendary Shack Shakers and I ain't never with BR5-49...a man who strolled in to Tuscaloosa Alabama with my pistols by my side and wiaked away one of their homecoming queens and now she resides right beside me in a compound on the Southside of a mountain in Newton County by God Arkansas...a man who has shook hands with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher.....and a man who is a member of Ducks Unlimited, the hokey hotrodders, the NRA and the national.quilting society...well he will be taken seriously.

PRJ

Bro, I sincerely hope you write a book on your travels and exploits, I'd buy it in a heartbeat even if they never happened, lol!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 11:17:22 am
Well, no "brotha", I won't be wrong because as I have said repeatedly, I have no idea who is going to be hired. I'm not sure that anyone really is sure. All I have said is who I believe would be the better hires, but that is all a matter of opinion and we all have those.

There are many who say, "it's done, it is this guy" and some of those folks may have inside connections with the big money guys who are telling them the truth and we find out that they really did know, or made a good guess.

Others may be completely off the mark and when the hire comes down they say something like, "well, I was right when I said it, but things changed".

I'm just being honest in saying I'm not sure who it is going to be. It seems to be a process that is in motion, but is ever-changing depending upon what A, B, or C says.

I don't deny or disagree with you that it isn't done. Nor do I disagree who it will be depending on what A,B or C says....no argument from me.

You take care and have a blessed day "brotha"

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: RedyorNot on December 02, 2017, 11:22:41 am
Bro, I sincerely hope you write a book on your travels and exploits, I'd buy it in a heartbeat even if they never happened, lol!

All true...every blasted one....

And maybe one day, a book will be penned. I have been thinking of intertwining my travels and exploits into a book with the Houston Nutt situation....

Maybe I can get Muskogee to pen the forward to the book....

PRJ

tphog

PRJ

Classic

At some point, a man who is friends with David Allan Coe, Hank 3, Phil Anselmo, Dax Riggs, men who are a phone call away...a man who is family with Willie Nelson AND Johnny Cash, a man who has stood on stage and sang Folsom Prison Blues with the Legendary Shack Shakes and I ain't never with BR5-49...a man who strolled in to Tuscaloosa Alabama with my pistols by my side and wiaked away one of their homecoming queens and now she resides right beside me in a compound on the Southside of a mountain in Newton County by God Arkansas...a man who has shook hands with Kamala and Abdullah the Butcher.....and a man who is a member of Ducks Unlimited, the hokey hotrodders, the NRA and the national.quilting society...well he will be taken seriously.

PRJ

elksnort

When I think of your screen name, "porkrind Jimmy" I can't help but think of the name Shotgun Willie

duckman

porkrindjimmy

December 02, 2017, 11:42:58 am #175 Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:11:07 pm by porkrindjimmy
Quote from: elksnort on December 02, 2017, 11:35:10 am
When I think of your screen name, "porkrind Jimmy" I can't help but think of the name Shotgun Willie

Well...sometimes I do ride around in my 76 Cadillac in my underwear and fur lined Crocs. Of course no shirt and my cassette I am playing....the red headed stranger.

PRJ

isavedjazz

Lane would have the best recruiting classes we've ever seen. Young people love him. He knows how to use social media. He knows how to market his team. People think he's immature and childish for his antics, but what they don't understand is everything that man does is calculated. He gets on Gameday, Finebaum, ESPN, etc. when HE WANTS to be one there. Dude is brilliant.

And that's just his marketing... his offense speaks for itself. He'd probably be able to bring Kendall Briles with him too. Kiffin is a no-brainer if Gus says no.
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: isavedjazz on December 02, 2017, 11:44:27 am
Lane would have the best recruiting classes we've ever seen. Young people love him. He knows how to use social media. He knows how to market his team. People think he's immature and childish for his antics, but what they don't understand is everything that man does is calculated. He gets on Gameday, Finebaum, ESPN, etc. when HE WANTS to be one there. Dude is brilliant.

And that's just his marketing... his offense speaks for itself. He'd probably be able to bring Kendall Briles with him too. Kiffin is a no-brainer if Gus says no.

Here...here

PRJ

jst01

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 08:38:24 am
It's a tough hire, no doubt about it. Much more difficult than it would be for Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, A&M and much more difficult than it should be for Tennessee. Think we have a mess? We aren't a mess (yet), Tennessee is a badly managed mess.

My first 3 calls would have been to Gundy (not happening now, if ever), Kyle Whittingham and Mike Leach with my next call to either Venables or Gus. My dark horse would have been Les Miles. Yes, Les Miles. He can at least gather a good, strong staff. Good coaches will coach for him and he will let them coach, but he might need help hiring an OC/QB coach. And, Les can recruit. You want a guy that would be supremely motivated after his experience at LSU? I believe he would be very motivated.

Not impressed with opinion.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: jst01 on December 02, 2017, 12:09:37 pm

But...but... Muskogee is always correct.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

RexMentor

Okay brothA. Shopping's done. ( I GOT YOU THAT PAIR OF LEOTARDS YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT) The gin is iced down. Steaks are marinating and the thong is crispy ashes. And I've watched football. I tell you guys what. For me, it's Lane as 1 1a 1b... Then Norvell. Lane is easy to choose. He RELATES to his kids. They are having a blast. Of course, he's loud-mouthed, social media maven to everybody over 40. Guess what? We aren't recruiting people over 40. Fret not porkrind, Rex is here, the three-legged pork-u-pine named Porkrind Jimmy is red in the face, narrow-eyed with spines standing straight up. We got your back, brotha. And I AINT NO darned PART TIME RANCH HAND. I'm YOUR DADDY.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:48:17 am
You're damn right. Is this their new album?

I heard a couple of R.L. Burnside cuts on their new album and they even did meet me in the city by Junior Kimbrough on their new one.

PRJ

no idea - I'm sure it's not very new

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jst01 on December 02, 2017, 12:09:37 pm

It wasn't written to impress you.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 12:25:55 pm
But...but... Muskogee is always correct.

PRJ

Try not to be a total arse. I know it is difficult, but at least try. We all have opinions.
Go Hogs Go!

farmhawg

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 10:42:22 am
Dang...it isn't...?

This is a fine band. Check em out sometime. I may or may not have some close family in this here band.

And there are several Roadhouse queens up in this joker....LMAO.

PRJ
Well, anyone that goes by deep shoat......whadaya expect.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 02, 2017, 04:15:38 pm
Try not to be a total arse. I know it is difficult, but at least try. We all have opinions.

Yep...and when I offered opinions to your opinions in earlier times, you used to ridicule me.

PRJ

redhogchilipepper

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 11:22:42 am
I don't deny or disagree with you that it isn't done. Nor do I disagree who it will be depending on what A,B or C says....no argument from me.

You take care and have a blessed day "brotha"

PRJ

TN HOG

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 02, 2017, 08:04:57 am
The biggest issue with kiffin is what makes him a good recruiter: his smartass mouth. Its fun if he’s winning and recruiting at a high level but the twitter trolling before and after an asskicking might be hard for fans to take. But I’m willing to risk it.

I understand what your are saying however, it's not totally about the fans, it's what draws attention and recruits of 18 year olds.  The fans would appreciate the recruiting class (theory), mentoring and coaching maturity under Sir Nick. JMO
Play like a Champion!

Justagp

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 02:06:45 pm
Lane Kiffin....

PRJ
You still hearing this after the Auburn - GA game?

porkrindjimmy

Well...the clock is ticking. I don't believe the coach speak Gus gave after the game. He still has yet to tell us no.

If he says no....we need to move on to Lane Kiffin. Mike Norvell is a fine coach. He really is, but it is time for Lane Kiffin to get this gig.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Justagp on December 02, 2017, 08:03:16 pm
You still hearing this after the Auburn - GA game?

Yes.

But Gus hasnt said no.....

PRJ

Boarme

Quote from: lumphog on December 02, 2017, 10:46:04 am
Levon said . . .

I love that version but that is Bruce's song.

The Kig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 02:06:45 pm
Lane Kiffin....

PRJ

Not only is he the best option, but we would have the bonus of fireworks from HIM's promise to delete his HV account if Kiffin was hired. 

If we do hire Gus, Auburn will hire Lane and then God help us all...
Poker Porker

PigInTheHole

Quote from: The Kig on December 02, 2017, 08:15:06 pm
Not only is he the best option, but we would have the bonus of fireworks from HIM's promise to delete his HV account if Kiffin was hired. 

If we do hire Gus, Auburn will hire Lane and then God help us all...

Nightmare scenario

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

porkrindjimmy

Just received a text. The text said.....plane on it's way to Memphis.

Pokey may be a hero yet.

PRJ

The Kig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 08:20:24 pm

Pokey may be a hero yet.

PRJ

Isn't Sexton's office in Memphis?  I know he is Gus and Norvell's agent, but is he Kiffin's?   Please baby Jesus, lying there in the manger...don't be going to Memphis to get Norvell.   
Poker Porker

Dmacattack

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 02, 2017, 08:20:24 pm

Pokey may be a hero yet.

PRJ

I hope this is from someone who,would know. I'd be pissed if I were one of the PTB that Gus is handling it this way. He's all about money. Not dream job lol

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: The Kig on December 02, 2017, 08:23:21 pm
Isn't Sexton's office in Memphis?  I know he is Gus and Norvell's agent, but is he Kiffin's?   Please baby Jesus, lying there in the manger...don't be going to Memphis to get Norvell.   

There was no context other than plane headed to Memphis.

Trying to get clarification as to why.

PRJ

Dmacattack

Quote from: The Kig on December 02, 2017, 08:23:21 pm

I hope it's Norvell

Jesus is not in a manger btw. More like a throne 😀