Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Riddle me this....

Started by porkrindjimmy, December 01, 2017, 09:52:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkrindjimmy

Gus coaching tomorrow. Norvell coaching tomorrow. Kiffin coaching tomorrow...Hell, Brent Venables coaching tomorrow....

We still don't have a coach... recruiting is needed....

Chad Morris isn't coaching tomorrow. If he was the dude, what is the hold up. He could have been hired the next day after his interview and already been rolling.

Gus, Gus, Gus. Beats around the bush when asked questions about leaving. We got Arkansas media hollering about an extension. An extension is in front of him. I can tell you Auburn was presented with a 7 mil a year...and they laughed. They have no AD, well Jacobs, but he ain't cutting deals...left hand doing this. Right hand doing that. There is no one captaining the ship so to speak. They think Gus isn't responsible for their success. They think Lindsey and Steele are the brains. Gus knows this is his shot with a program he thought back in 2005 he could take to unseen fortune.

And then there is Lane. My man. Practically asked for the job on the tranny Travis show earlier in the week. Brings the swag. The boys love him and want to play for him. He is a smartass. He is a troll. He beats to a different drum. He is an offensive genius. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Alabama for Nick Saban. Nick Saban. That dude is at the top and Lane wants to knock him off. He is absolutely perfect for this job. He honestly should have been candidate 1, 1A, 1B and candidate 2. We still don't have a permanent AD yet..the interim one adores Lane Kiffin. 

If Gus says no, he is the only logical choice. In fact, for this program Lane should be the only logical choice.

PRJ

JONAS

I agree, it will not be Morris.

RedBird5

Agree totally! Though as long as it's not Morris I'm great, but Kiffin would be fun as hell to watch in all aspects I bet

hawgon

Sorry, White Chocolate  is the man.

duckman

reddogjcss

Good say! I like Lane and his swag

Tony Perkis

Kiffin is the only one that will put people in the seats.

jrulz83

Hope you're right James. Bring on the Lane Train!
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

adroitful

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on December 01, 2017, 09:52:42 pm
Gus coaching tomorrow. Norvell coaching tomorrow. Kiffin coaching tomorrow...Hell, Brent Venables coaching tomorrow....

Chad Morris isn't coaching tomorrow. If he was the dude, what is the hold up. He could have been hired the next day after his interview and already been rolling.

Gus, Gus, Gus. Beats around the bush when asked questions about leaving. We got Arkansas media hollering about an extension. An extension is in front of him. I can tell you Auburn was presented with a 7 mil a year...and they laughed. They have no AD, well Jacobs, but he ain't cutting deals...left hand doing this. Right hand doing that. There is no one captaining the ship so to speak. They think Gus isn't responsible for their success. They think Lindsey and Steele are the brains. Gus knows this is his shot with a program he thought back in 2005 he could take to unseen fortune.

And then there is Lane. My man. Practically asked for the job on the tranny Travis show earlier in the week. Brings the swag. The boys love him and want to play for him. He is a smartass. He is a troll. He beats to a different drum. He is an offensive genius. He has a chip on his shoulder the size of Alabama for Nick Saban. Nick Saban. That dude is at the top and Lane wants to knock him off. He is absolutely perfect for this job. He honestly should have been candidate 1, 1A, 1B and candidate 2. We still don't have a permanent AD yet..the interim one adores Lane Kiffin. 

If Gus says no, he is the only logical choice. In fact, for this program Lane should be the only logical choice.

PRJ

Honestly, from everything i've watched go down, it seemed like we were hoping to get Gus. Well, that didn't happen. So our other choices as stated a while back were Norvell and Kiffin. It seems to me that if I had all the money in the world to throw at the Razorbacks, I would want Kiffin to come in if he were wanting the job. Also keep in mind that a lot of these guys with the money probably know his daddy very well. So, it seems to me like Kiffin would be the logical choice here. I'm absolutely cool with it. I'm sure dude learned a lot from Saban. I hope you're right.

B Ray

Ok say Gus stays in Auburn , does the person making the final decision on whom the coach will be , are they leaning towards Memphis or Boca ?

PorkSoda

never been a fan of Kiffin.  also struck me as a chit talker more than anything else.  but screw it, if its him, at least it will make things interesting.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

b-ash

PRJ just sold me on Lane.  I'll always pick the Gus Bus for my first choice to ride to the  promise land, but I'll take the Lane Train if Gus stays put.  I was feeling like Gus or bust before his post!  Thanks!

HeyHogs

ArkansasI

I have no idea who the next coach is, but I do know that we can't reasonably expect to hear a whisper about the man until after tomorrow's games are played. All we can be certain of is Gus will get a raise next year and Morris is not No. 1 on our list.

The_Iceman

You wait until Gus tells you know. Once that happens, everyone is in play, including Chad Morris (who would be a solid hire).

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 01, 2017, 10:11:20 pm
You wait until Gus tells you know. Once that happens, everyone is in play, including Chad Morris (who would be a solid hire).

Lane Kiffin.

PRJ

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ArkansasI

And the thing about Jerry Jones...  He knows how to sell tickets to the show. If it's between Morris and Kiffin - Jones has a history with Lane's dad. You might think that, plus Lane would sell tickets, would impact Jerry's recommendation.

geddie

Solid OP PRJ.

Makes sense to me.

Bring on Kiffin!

WPS!

jrulz83

Bring on the Boca Boys on the Lane Train!!!
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Paul

Quote from: Tony Perkis on December 01, 2017, 09:57:00 pm
Kiffin is the only one that will put people in the seats.
I disagree. Norvell has the charisma & exciting offense which will energize the fan base without the drama Lane brings

jst01

Lane could land top 15 classes here.

ArkansasI

I think all the names we are hearing would be good hires. My problem with Gus - as outstanding as he is - is the cost is crazy high. The idea that you have to pay him 6 and promise the AD position...  I'd rather he earn it than hand that to him for what he's accomplished 40% of his time on the plains.

TNarch

Quote from: b-ash on December 01, 2017, 10:06:02 pm
PRJ just sold me on Lane.  I'll always pick the Gus Bus for my first choice to ride to the  promise land, but I'll take the Lane Train if Gus stays put.  I was feeling like Gus or bust before his post!  Thanks!

I would take a train over a bus any day.  Being on another train last year made me a lot of money this year.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 01, 2017, 10:28:43 pm
I think all the names we are hearing would be good hires. My problem with Gus - as outstanding as he is - is the cost is crazy high. The idea that you have to pay him 6 and promise the AD position...  I'd rather he earn it than hand that to him for what he's accomplished 40% of his time on the plains.

It would be more than 6 mil per.

PRJ

CPL HOG

It's Norvell and I think it was always been Norvell, though I would be good with Kiffin. Auburn fans are all excited thinking they kept us from getting him.

TNarch

Quote from: ArkansasI on December 01, 2017, 10:28:43 pm

Gus has had a few good years at Auburn, but has a cloud of drama hanging over his shoulder every stop he has made as he would have as Head Hog.  I'm not sure you spend that much money with the history.  A few bad years and a little drama and he'll be looking for the next best deal.

TN HOG

PRJ
That's what I've been saying, Kiffin is our best option.
Play like a Champion!

Razor_Hawgs88

Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but hiring Lane Kiffin would have too much of a Bobby Petrino feel to it, yes that includes the possibility of winning big for a few years but I would be afraid that it would also end in similar fashion to Bobby P. He gets too big for his britches and his ego ends up leaving us in the hypothetical ditch four years down the road. Yes he can recruit, yes he is a offensive mind, but also he has an attitude and a bad history.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: Razor_Hawgs88 on December 01, 2017, 10:43:54 pm
Maybe I'm the only one who feels this way, but hiring Lane Kiffin would have too much of a Bobby Petrino feel to it, yes that includes the possibility of winning big for a few years but I would be afraid that it would also end in similar fashion to Bobby P. He gets too big for his britches and his ego ends up leaving us in the hypothetical ditch four years down the road. Yes he can recruit, yes he is a offensive mind, but also he has an attitude and a bad history.

Would rather take that risk than Norvell or Morris.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: Razor_Hawgs88 on December 01, 2017, 10:43:54 pm
Maybe I’m the only one who feels this way, but hiring Lane Kiffin would have too much of a Bobby Petrino feel to it, yes that includes the possibility of winning big for a few years but I would be afraid that it would also end in similar fashion to Bobby P. He gets too big for his britches and his ego ends up leaving us in the hypothetical ditch four years down the road. Yes he can recruit, yes he is a offensive mind, but also he has an attitude and a bad history.

Honestly, after the boring, dull losing of the last 5 years - a little bit of someone like Bobby Petrino sounds pretty good right now.
If they screw this hire up with some more dull, boring, loser football- Arkansas may truly become a shell of it's former self and you stand to lose a generation of young fans.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 01, 2017, 10:49:07 pm
Would rather take that risk than Norvell or Morris.

This isn't the time to play it safe.

247Hog

I'd love to get Kiffin or Norvell.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

TrueBlue

Would love to see Kiffin go against Jimbo when we play A&M, against Gus when we play 'Barn, and Saban with Bammer. Dude would make it fun.

3kgthog

Well, Kiffin already cheated on his wife and got divorced, so there is that.

You'd just have to worry about him hooking up with students, starting another Tinder catfishing persona, being late for his own meetings, embarrassing the program on Twitter, and flirting with any open job that might be a lateral move or higher. Yeah, what a great hire that'd be.

travelinhog

I hope it is Kiffin. We have been through a lot of highs and lows since the latter days of the Nutt era. Unfortunately, it has been a lot more lows than highs. Kiffin brings the lightheartedness that this program and the fans badly need. He has always been a winner and may be the only person to go from an OC in college to a head coach in the NFL. What does that say about what others think of him? Yes he is a prankster, but not in a mean spirited way. Because Kiffin has been at schools that are powerhouses, it is hard to assess his ability to recruit. But he has raised the recruiting level at FAU and his 2009 TN class was the 5th in the SEC and the second highest rated TN class in this century. Kiffin instantly turned FAU from a loser to a winner.

While this year's AR recruiting class is close to full, we would have exciting years ahead. The average player rating on Kiffin's 2009 TN class was .9066. That average is almost four full points above our current rating.

More importantly, I believe Kiffin has matured a lot in the last 3-4 years. However long Kiffin stays, he will leave our program better off than when he came here. And by the time Kiffin leaves, we will know if Norvell is as good as we hope. As Arkansas is supposedly Norvell's dream job, he can come here with a more extensive track record.

Kiffin or Norvell for me, but Kiffin is what our program needs right now.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Everyone crying about crootin should be drooling over Kiffin and forget "The Chad Fad". Kiffin is the only one that could push Arkansas beyond our tradition recruiting rankings. He is a national name, a known commodity, a brand. The only problem is he is brash and a bit of a smart ass and the peepaws don't like that. I say SFW. The kids love it and we are ever going to get back to kicking a$$ and taking names we need a coach that is brash and doesn't GAF.   That's what he did with FAU. He didn't settle for a GD slow rebuild. You don't have to explain away his record like another guy that gets mentioned who has won 13 games in 3 years and didn't get to a winning season until year 3. Only took June 2 years to win 8 and he didn't have mythical Texas recruiting prowess.

LK is not my top choice but by Gawd if you want crootin, entertainment, and national exposure you hire him and GTF out of his way.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hogeration

PRJ

You are 100% correct on Kiffin. Instant excitement back into the program. Would win first day on recruiting trail. It is worth the risk.

jst01

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 01, 2017, 11:14:22 pm
Everyone crying about crootin should be drooling over Kiffin and forget "The Chad Fad". Kiffin is the only one that could push Arkansas beyond our tradition recruiting rankings. He is a national name, a known commodity, a brand. The only problem is he is brash and a bit of a smart ass and the peepaws don't like that. I say SFW. The kids love it and we are ever going to get back to kicking a$$ and taking names we need a coach that is brash and doesn't GAF.   That's what he did with FAU. He didn't settle for a GD slow rebuild. You don't have to explain away his record like another guy that gets mentioned who has won 13 games in 3 years and didn't get to a winning season until year 3. Only took June 2 years to win 8 and he didn't have mythical Texas recruiting prowess.

LK is not my top choice but by Gawd if you want crootin, entertainment, and national exposure you hire him and GTF out of his way.

Preach. The old dudes aren't ready for this guy. I would love to see him bouncing around on the sideline with the Hogs

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 01, 2017, 11:14:22 pm

Boom!
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

RedRock

Whoever it is, can we please not call the hogs at the presser?  It always feels a bit uncomfortable.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: RedRock on December 01, 2017, 11:23:50 pm
Whoever it is, can we please not call the hogs at the presser?  It always feels a bit uncomfortable.
I agree.

pigmania

PRJ
I agree. Wish I could have listened to him on Travis' show.

duckman

I noticed..... 

The Gus signed the extension posts have disappeared.

FrankCourtneyNicodemus

Would be just as happy with Kiffin

Atlhogfan1

Pig in the Pokey

You all know i think it's Norvell , and i am happy about that, but if I had my dream coach I think that'd be Lane.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

EastexHawg

Quote from: duckman on December 01, 2017, 11:30:02 pm
I noticed..... 

The Gus signed the extension posts have disappeared.

I have never in 12 years on this board called for anyone to be banned, but if Gus did not sign an extension but HyperDrive came on here and claimed to have definite, first hand information that he did I'm not sure why the administrators would allow him to stay.  Why would we want to put up with fans of other teams coming on here and lying just to yank our chains?

jkstock04

PRJ
Sounds great to me...I would be on board with Lane Kiffin. I'm just not so sure how he is gonna jive with our more conservative crowd who like things to look PC on the outside but put on blinders to what it looks like on the inside.

Someone made mention Kiffin didn't impress on his interview...came off as arrogant and a smart ass and rubbed couple people wrong way. You hear anything about this?
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys