Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Stoltz cleared to play this fall

Started by Supermark101, March 11, 2005, 07:48:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Supermark101

Otis Kirk is reporting, on the rivals.com message board, that Matt has been cleared by the NCAA. That is great news for our hogs. The NCAA did the right thing this time ;D

Rocky&Boarwinkle

hawgfan_18

ya thats great news... You think he has a good chance of starting???

CarolinaHog1176

kinda depends on where he's going to play.  not sure he's fast enough to play MLB with the type of defense we run.  maybe DE?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

hawgfan_18

does our defense compare to anyones in the sec?  From the descriptions and the types of players it sounds like our defense will be like auburn's, a swarming defense. 
All that sounds cool but,
i don't like the fact that our dline is gonna be small.  for awhile now we've been trying to get beastie type dlinemen and now all of a sudden we're gonna have small ones. we all know sec olines are known to be bigger and stronger than ones in other conferences, just sounds to me like they would just run our dline over.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on March 12, 2005, 03:54:07 pm
does our defense compare to anyones in the sec?  From the descriptions and the types of players it sounds like our defense will be like auburn's, a swarming defense. 
All that sounds cool but,
i don't like the fact that our dline is gonna be small.  for awhile now we've been trying to get beastie type dlinemen and now all of a sudden we're gonna have small ones. we all know sec olines are known to be bigger and stronger than ones in other conferences, just sounds to me like they would just run our dline over.

I don't think the hogs would turn down a 320lb+ stopper in the middle if there was one available that was eligible, like a demarcus granger. however the name of this school is arkansas not oklahoma or texas, hogs don't get those guys out of state

need to use quickness and technique to compensate for lack of size. hopefully rocker has gotten some input from herring....

DT

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on March 12, 2005, 10:45:41 am
kinda depends on where he's going to play. not sure he's fast enough to play MLB with the type of defense we run. maybe DE?

He will play MLB.

linebacker #15

Quote from: DT on March 13, 2005, 05:20:54 pm
kinda depends on where he's going to play. not sure he's fast enough to play MLB with the type of defense we run. maybe DE?
Well DT Tyrell is going to have a little bit more weight on him because they want him to play at MLB and this is a position he played all through HS. and was good at it I don`t know if you guys got a chance to see his highlight tape that Coach Vaughn made but he will be damn good at this position. Wait until he gets there.

He will play MLB.

DT

Quote from: mama graham on March 13, 2005, 05:27:23 pm
Well DT Tyrell is going to have a little bit more weight on him because they want him to play at MLB and this is a position he played all through HS. and was good at it I don`t know if you guys got a chance to see his highlight tape that Coach Vaughn made but he will be damn good at this position. Wait until he gets there.

He will play MLB.

I'm not saying Matt will start. I'm saying when I talked to him this weekend he was still working at MLB, not DE.

linebacker #15

March 13, 2005, 05:47:43 pm #10 Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 05:49:38 pm by mama graham
Quote from: DT on March 13, 2005, 05:45:15 pm
Quote from: mama graham on March 13, 2005, 05:27:23 pm

He will play MLB.

I'm not saying Matt will start. I'm saying when I talked to him this weekend he was still working at MLB, not DE.
That`s not what I`m saying either don`t get me wrong Matt will be good at whatever postion they put him at if taught properly that goes for my son and the rest of the players also. How much does Matt weigh.

DT

linebacker #15

Quote from: DT on March 13, 2005, 06:13:03 pm
That is good but they want Tyrell to get between 225 and 230  he is on the strenght and condition program

rricha

pioneerhog

Quote from: rricha on March 13, 2005, 08:33:52 pm
is it august yet
We got spring practice first, lets see how the ones that are hear have improved before we get to looking for August.

rricha

spring practice does not mean nothing what can you get done is 10 days of pads.  august is when  you win playing time. 

pioneerhog

Quote from: rricha on March 13, 2005, 09:31:37 pm
spring practice does not mean nothing what can you get done is 10 days of pads. august is when you win playing time.
get a better idea of how the guys have progressed.

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: rricha on March 13, 2005, 09:31:37 pm
spring practice does not mean nothing what can you get done is 10 days of pads.  august is when  you win playing time. 

2-a days are where its at i agree, but spring football couldn't come any faster for the disgruntled hoops fans like myself  ;)

rricha

SonOfMud

Good to hear.  At least some good news.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

Oklahawg

Stoltz will start out at MLB and stay there until he proves he can't play the position. Spring drill is so critical when it comes to getting these guys some game-simulated situations for the coaches (especially the new coach, Herring) to analyze.

Its good to hear that Mr. Graham is targeting his playing weight in workouts. He (as well as the other LB recruits) will be given every opportunity to play this fall. How he adapts to the change in the speed of the game will be important to playing as a true frosh.

Stoltz might answer the biggest defensive question--who is the impact MLB we turn to?--and allow us to turn to the next pressing question--what is the 3-deep at CB going to be?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

GRUMPY35

In my opinion it doesn't matter who we play at mlb this year or who is in the secondary 3-deep, as long as they can tackle better than we did last year.I hope the new defensive cord. teaches us to tackle better. That is all I ask for. Better tackling from the whole defense, and for the record I think the Stolz kid will be a great addition to the defense.