Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas 06' Basketball class looks to be Heath's best!!!

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, March 07, 2005, 12:29:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

As of Today

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

return2glory

You're right. Those two being on the Hill is HUGE!!! What are the chances of us convincing either of these guys to come to school on the Hill? I thought that Conley was almost a lock for Wake. I seem to remember reading that someone was going to have to knock his socks off for him to leave Wake. He said that the coaches would have to be at practically every game of his to impress him enough. Something to that effect anyway. If we could sign these two and Thaddeus Young and the NBA implemented their age limit, and the moon was 3/4 full, and if the groundhog saw his shadow, we ought to be Final Four bound in 3 years. The chances of all this happening appear pretty slim in my book though. (The whole 3/4 moon messes it all up)

UKhog1

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

return2glory

UKHog,

I do have faith. If anyone can pull off that kind of class with a program posting a losing conference record, it is Heath. I fully support Stan. I think that he will eventually build our program back up to top form. However, think about how difficult it would be to sign the top PG, SF, and C in the class of '06. That would be even an amazing feat for Coach K, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, any coach, even Jim Harrick who paid his players. That class would rival the Fab 5. Hopefully we will get to debate how this class does compare to that famous Michigan class.

Jim Harris

Quote from: return2glory on March 07, 2005, 05:13:01 pm

UKHog,

I do have faith. If anyone can pull off that kind of class with a program posting a losing conference record, it is Heath. I fully support Stan. I think that he will eventually build our program back up to top form. However, think about how difficult it would be to sign the top PG, SF, and C in the class of '06. That would be even an amazing feat for Coach K, Roy Williams, Tom Izzo, any coach, even Jim Harrick who paid his players. That class would rival the Fab 5. Hopefully we will get to debate how this class does compare to that famous Michigan class.

If the University of Arkansas did that, rightly or wrongly I guarantee you Rich Jorgenjaegermesitersurelovestosuckfulmer and an NCAA investigation team would rent out a floor at the Radisson and spend the next year looking for/planting darn, trying to get the next Kim Wood to get caught in one measley lie about something inane like typing a term paper to stick a major violation on them. Do I believe in witch-hunts directed at Arkansas athletics over the past 10 years? yeah, sorta. I don't believe the NCAA ever wanted UNLV or Arkansas or Billy Tubbs' OU or Dale Brown's LSU to be among their basketball elite, beloved programs like Duke, UNC, Indiana. Hell, Kansas and Kentucky, who've had their share of probation, have to really cheat like hell to get any investigation. But, given all the evidence the New Orleans Times-Picayune uncovered about boosters helping Chris Duhon and his mom (about 1 million times more than anything Harrod did for UA athletes), did the NCAA bother to investigate Duke and its recruiting and "institutional control"? well, you know the answer.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Biggus Piggus

I hope this time we have a better fallback position than Dontell Jefferson was.
[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

March 07, 2005, 07:55:28 pm #8 Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 08:00:59 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 07, 2005, 05:48:31 pm

Arkansas persued the inside position where their was the most need (Big Al, Hill, Thomas) when Dontell was recruited because Olu, Brewer, Modica were already on campus.   Now that it is appearent Mr. Jefferson has not adopted well to D-1 basketball they should/will in fact over-sign at the Guard position and with Kemp, Lawrence showing a very strong interest to occupy the PG position & Smith & Weems showing the same interest as SG's I suspect that Micheal Washington, An'Juan Wilderness, Wayne Chism who are also UA leans I don't see how that is not equivalent to a top5 Class in the Nation and yest still be the best the UA has ever signed.  Young, Oden, Conley would indeed boast this class into the stratosphere but most would be more than happy to sign the before mentioned.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

return2glory

I think the 06 class will be a great one. I just hope that fans are patient enough with Heath and that he is still around. I don't want there to be any rumors of him being let go that could screw this class up. Just for clarification we do have 4 schollies for that year correct?

Realistically I think that Washington will be one. That's one post. What are the priorities of this class?

Also, what is the latest on Rekalin Sims the juco point guard? I believe that for Stan to get in the tourney and make some noise next year, they need a solid juco to come in and provide immediate help.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: return2glory on March 07, 2005, 08:51:00 pm

I think the 06 class will be a great one. I just hope that fans are patient enough with Heath and that he is still around. I don't want there to be any rumors of him being let go that could screw this class up. Just for clarification we do have 4 schollies for that year correct?

Realistically I think that Washington will be one. That's one post. What are the priorities of this class?

Also, what is the latest on Rekalin Sims the juco point guard? I believe that for Stan to get in the tourney and make some noise next year, they need a solid juco to come in and provide immediate help.

I am thinking Heath wants to bring in 2 - Rekalin Sims & Armon Bassett (With Preston Cranford having to relinquish his scholarship)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 07, 2005, 07:55:28 pm
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 07, 2005, 05:48:31 pm

Arkansas persued the inside position where their was the most need (Big Al, Hill, Thomas) when Dontell was recruited because Olu, Brewer, Modica were already on campus.   Now that it is appearent Mr. Jefferson has not adopted well to D-1 basketball they should/will in fact over-sign at the Guard position and with Kemp, Lawrence showing a very strong interest to occupy the PG position & Smith & Weems showing the same interest as SG's I suspect that Micheal Washington, An'Juan Wilderness, Wayne Chism who are also UA leans I don't see how that is not equivalent to a top5 Class in the Nation and yest still be the best the UA has ever signed.  Young, Oden, Conley would indeed boast this class into the stratosphere but most would be more than happy to sign the before mentioned.

Oh come on you [CENSORED] dorkhead.  Heath whiffed on his top FIVE point guard recruits last year, and in desperation after a week of due diligence he offered a tweener combo guard from a no-name Atlanta juco.  It was a reach of reaches for a coach who can't recruit guards.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 07, 2005, 09:14:21 pm

I am thinking Heath wants to bring in 2 - Rekalin Sims & Armon Bassett (With Preston Cranford having to relinquish his scholarship)

No they are going to pass on Sims as he is just another wing forward.
[CENSORED]!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 07, 2005, 09:38:42 pm

No they are going to pass on Sims as he is just another wing forward.

Biggus I wish they were still persue-ing Street and Smith's Preseason Junior College Player of the Year.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

and he stated that Ramar is just as athletic but is better at handling the ball and is a much better passer.  Think more in the lines of a Chris Paul than Olu.  Most people assume because Ramar is coming from the same area as Olu that their styles are exact but Ramar is much more skilled than Olu.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

big_red12

can anyone give the height of any of the recruits pictured above?

The_Bionic_Pig

March 09, 2005, 10:16:08 pm #16 Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 10:18:00 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: big_red12 on March 09, 2005, 10:09:48 pm
can anyone give the height of any of the recruits pictured above?

Ramar Smith - 6'1 181
Marcus Lawrence - 6'0 165
Wayne Chism - 6'8 230
Willie Kemp - 6'2 170
An'Juan Wilderness - 6'6 210

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

SonOfMud

Better hope that '06 is his best class, because Brewer is going to be gone after his jr. season.  Hopefully he'll get to play in the NCAA tourney at least once.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

big_red12

Prince of Pork

Does anybody else just think that it is absolutely freaking hillarious when these recruits say that they like our style of play?  Have they watched a game in the last three years or are we still sending the 94 season video to the recruits?
*CUBS '05*   "THIS IS OUR YEAR"-make that 06-make that 07-make that 08-make that 09

gatecrasher

Quote from: return2glory on March 07, 2005, 05:13:01 pm

UKHog,

Order him some glasses too!

Pragmatic PiG

IMO, they have plenty of room for new guys. why stop or even start with cranford. Lose Dontell and whoever else isn't buying into this thing. Its make or break for SH and the hogs next year.....

GRUMPY35

all this info about the class of 06'!! what about next year people?? i am willing to give coach heath the benifit of the doubt for 1 more year, but what if we aren't much better next year? then i just don't see arkansas getting that great recruiting class everyone is talking about.one more thing to consider if we do turn things around next year and at least make the ncaa tourney, and we somehow do get this mythical great recruiting class,then maybe just maybe brewer sticks around 1 more year for a title run!!!