Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zuniga to Florida

Started by beringer62, January 16, 2015, 12:21:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beringer62

Anyone know of our interest in this guy...SDE from Georgia, I believe.  He is a NC State commit.

Seebs

I believe the coaches had in-homes with him in the fall - was under the radar. May be the ACC commit RD mentioned - who knows?
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

litmachog

Just saw that he is visiting the Hill on the 23rd.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Seebs on January 16, 2015, 12:29:09 pm
I believe the coaches had in-homes with him in the fall - was under the radar. May be the ACC commit RD mentioned - who knows?

1:12 update
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/16/friday/

GEO-HOG

He is the secret commit that RD was referring to. Not Kendrick Jackson.

Props to Segrest for staying in him and getting a visit.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 16, 2015, 01:18:16 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/jan/16/friday/

Is Zuniga who you were referring to in the 10:10 update?

10:10 update

The fourth possible visitor doesn't appear to be visiting this weekend. Might change but unlikely.

North Carolina State defensive end Jabari Zuniga is the prospect that was being kept silent, but now that his name has been made public and it can be revealed that he'll officially visit the Hogs Jan. 23

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: JackJohnson on January 16, 2015, 01:31:31 pm
Is Zuniga who you were referring to in the 10:10 update?

10:10 update

The fourth possible visitor doesn't appear to be visiting this weekend. Might change but unlikely.

North Carolina State defensive end Jabari Zuniga is the prospect that was being kept silent, but now that his name has been made public and it can be revealed that he'll officially visit the Hogs Jan. 23

No, a different kid.

Richard_white

Quote from: GEO-HOG on January 16, 2015, 01:24:49 pm
He is the secret commit that RD was referring to. Not Kendrick Jackson.

Props to Segrest for staying in him and getting a visit.

Kendrick was never a secret. He is visiting on the 31st.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 16, 2015, 01:39:08 pm
No, a different kid.

very interesting- thanks!!

Is the other kid still going to try to visit later or is he out altogether

hawgsmellgud

I just watched his Hudl video, well the first 45 seconds... He is big, fast, and most importantly, he seems to be pissed off. He hits guys like they just told him his mother was full of darn for saying "alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush". I don't care what the numbers are I want this guy.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Wildhog

Look at Rory, leaving JT in the dust. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgsmellgud

You really do hate that guy huh? Its all good. I really like this Zumba guy, he is gonna be good wherever he goes. Does anyone know about the competition he is facing?
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

rljjr

Quote from: Wildhog on January 16, 2015, 01:48:38 pm
Look at Rory, leaving JT in the dust. 

What does Justin Timberlake have to do with this?

Seebs

Technically they would only be a secret up until the visit correct? All paperwork is public knowledge during the visit - just no 'pre'publicity'.

We all know the magic if getting kids on the Hill. Looks good.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

GEO-HOG

Quote from: Richard_white on January 16, 2015, 01:40:15 pm

Some thought he was who RD was alluding to

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Richard_white on January 16, 2015, 01:40:15 pm

Wasn't a secret he and Arkansas were talking and he wanted to visit but the 31st date became public this weekend. He DMed me and asked not to say anything until he gave the green light. He gave it this week.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Dominicanhog

Quote from: hawgsmellgud on January 16, 2015, 01:48:02 pm
I just watched his Hudl video, well the first 45 seconds... He is big, fast, and most importantly, he seems to be pissed off. He hits guys like they just told him his mother was full of darn for saying "alligators are ornery because they got all them teeth and no toothbrush". I don't care what the numbers are I want this guy.

Also jsut watched video.. wow, he does arrive in a bad mood.... likes to rag doll... nice looking athlete.. would love to get him.

TMc

I watched this guy's video when his name came up a couple of months ago - I wanted him then.  He is a player.

jackflash

If you had to choose who would take Smith or Zuniga

TMc

Quote from: jackflash on January 16, 2015, 07:44:15 pm

I'm not sure about their plans now that Philon is leaving - I'm guessing they take both.  I guess it all depends if they are taking another RB or not.  I'm reading elsewhere there "may" be a big time RB we are in the mix for.  I'm sure a lot will depend on what shakes out- but if it's me.., I take them both.  If they both commit - that's 21.  Weathersby 22.., Dalton 23, one of the FL LBs 24.., I could be off a number - that could be 25.  It really depends if there is a big time RB interested.., and is he serious enough that would wait on him. He is committed elsewhere at this time. Zuniga is committed to NC State at the present as well.  Hey, they're in on several that would put us way over if they are serious enough to commit.  We have small margins here.

20hog11

January 16, 2015, 09:24:42 pm #21 Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:47:17 pm by 20hog11
Quote from: TMc on January 16, 2015, 08:09:27 pm
I'm not sure about their plans now that Philon is leaving - I'm guessing they take both.  I guess it all depends if they are taking another RB or not.  I'm reading elsewhere there "may" be a big time RB we are in the mix for.  I'm sure a lot will depend on what shakes out- but if it's me.., I take them both.  If they both commit - that's 21.  Weathersby 22.., Dalton 23, one of the FL LBs 24.., I could be off a number - that could be 25.  It really depends if there is a big time RB interested.., and is he serious enough that would wait on him. He is committed elsewhere at this time. Zuniga is committed to NC State at the present as well.  Hey, they're in on several that would put us way over if they are serious enough to commit.  We have small margins here.

I think we take the first cb and safety that commit. My guess is Dalton and Johnson. That gets us to 21. Weathersby makes it 22. The first DE from Smith and Zuniga make it 23. We need another LB. Maybe Kendrick Jackson decides to come here 24. Does Reed get us to 25, or has that ship sailed? Another RB may be a possibility. Maybe it's Karan Higdon. No idea what will happen these next few weeks. We seem to be in great shape though. There are more kids interested than we have spots for.

hawgsmellgud

Watched both, and thought to answer that I would want to know about the competition Zuniga played against.... To heck with that. Unless those are junior high guys then I don't care. He literally throws them to the ground with one arm. He makes it look so easy it almost looked staged.

Zuniga. That's the answer.

Bubba's Bruisers

Are Zuniga and Smith DT's or DE's?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

20hog11

TMc

Dominicanhog

I like them both.. would take both if we could, if only one... I like Jabari.. he has a very fast first step, good swim move, good bull rush and arrives in a bad mood and likes to rag doll the ball carrier to the ground.. I likee mucho.

navyhog24

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Zuniga gets moved to DT in college

Pig in the Pokey

Man, I hope this kid loves The Nam.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Music City Hog

online-with-swine

ricepig

As expected, although I haven't seen it yet on anyone's commit list, still shows NC St.

Oudabounds

Bummer......he looked like a beast.

Bubba's Bruisers

He's always favored FL.  We were always climbing a steep hill.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

tophawg19

per who? your opinion or someone elses
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jjdlc

RD just confirmed unfortunately.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 26, 2015, 07:02:28 pm
per who? your opinion or someone elses

My opinion, of course.  That, or we were in the lead, but screwed up his visit?  I figure the former.  Of course, it could be the age old HV excuse that we backed off, so he had no choice.  But nobody believes that.

Music City Hog

Quote from: jjdlc on January 26, 2015, 07:06:41 pm
RD just confirmed unfortunately.

Didn't believe me huh?   Glad RD could confirm.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 26, 2015, 07:12:46 pm
Didn't believe me huh?   Glad RD could confirm.

Shoot, I thought he was calling ME out. 

Music City Hog

Hoggish1

Huckleberry Pig

Can't win em all.  On to the next one.

forrest city joe

No shock at all. good luck to the young man.

jjdlc

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 26, 2015, 07:16:16 pm
Shoot, I thought he was calling ME out.

Wasn't calling anyone out, just passing on RD's confirmation.

PigDaddyKane

Dang. His tape looked great. Awesome first step.

Oh well on to the next one.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

regi

Expected, either he or Smith was needed. we got Smith. I have seen Zuniga play, and if this was a normal year for Florida, they would not have offered. Not all Zuniga's fault because he has talent,  but Sprayberry has a horrible program and a poor attitude toward sports in general, except Baseball.

bville_hog

I believe these recruits choosing Florida will be disappointed.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

PaintballHog

He will be a 1st round nfl pick. Might save Florida's class

WooPig90

Quote from: PaintballHog on January 26, 2015, 08:04:35 pm
He will be a 1st round nfl pick. Might save Florida's class

Let's not over react lol