Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] Hogs vs TAMU - Discuss why the game changed to a Home and Home series for 2012/2013 seasons

Started by Westcoasthog, February 18, 2012, 03:27:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Quito

QuoteQuito we're disavowing your wife.      She should know better than to bring the enemy to our stadium disguised in a hog shirt. 

I wear a plain red polo to RRS or War Memorial...don't want to be "that guy" wearing another schools gear to a game they aren't playing in. 

As for the Pinot and the brie...I'm more about quantity instead of quality!  I will say one thing that Arkansans know better than Texans is BBQ.  Pork >>>>>Beef.  I'll also say that Arkansas women are the best kept secret of the state.  I'll never forget moving here in July of '00 and going to Park Plaza mall to get a cell phone...that's where you got cell phones back then.  I was in awe of all the beautiful women and how friendly they are.

Last thing, are Hog fans really ok with only having 2 SEC games at RRS every other year?  Would y'all rather get rid of the LR SEC game or the Dallas SEC game?  Perhaps y'all are ok with only 2 SEC home games on campus?   

Joe Hog

Quote from: PoormansRobbyHampton on February 18, 2012, 05:23:30 pm
Why are people surprised by this? We've had people on here crying about playing in Little Rock for years now and one of the main reasons is that they feel that home games should be played on campus, and now people can't figure out why A&M doesn't want to stay in Arlington?

Exactly.
Ours was recruiting and loss revenue.   But theirs will be because they are
afraid of us.

Quito

Do you really think the Ags are afraid of Arkansas?  Arkansas has had a really good, if not great team the last 2 years.  Ags have also had the ball with a chance to tie or win in both games against the Hogs best team in years? 

Right now is A&M better than Arkansas...No, but to deny that the Ags have given y'all all you could handle is delusional. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Quito on February 18, 2012, 05:28:48 pm
I wear a plain red polo to RRS or War Memorial...don't want to be "that guy" wearing another schools gear to a game they aren't playing in. 

As for the Pinot and the brie...I'm more about quantity instead of quality!  I will say one thing that Arkansans know better than Texans is BBQ.  Pork >>>>>Beef.  I'll also say that Arkansas women are the best kept secret of the state.  I'll never forget moving here in July of '00 and going to Park Plaza mall to get a cell phone...that's where you got cell phones back then.  I was in awe of all the beautiful women and how friendly they are.

Last thing, are Hog fans really ok with only having 2 SEC games at RRS every other year?  Would y'all rather get rid of the LR SEC game or the Dallas SEC game?  Perhaps y'all are ok with only 2 SEC home games on campus?   

Just messin' w/ya man.  Welcome to Arkansas.  Glad you chose to put your roots down here. It's a great place that gets a bad rap.  We kinda like it that way, keeps riff raff out.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Oh and no we're not cool with having 2 SEC games on campus, thats why we're changing it.  A&M becoming  a conference game is what will ultimately lead to LR only getting 1 game a year.  Times have changed and the WMS board treats it as a hostage situation rather than working w/ the University like they should.

Murr

Quote from: Joe Hog on February 18, 2012, 05:41:57 pm

Exactly.
Ours was recruiting and loss revenue.   But theirs will be because they are
afraid of us.
Yep.

Aggies need SEC wins and they won't get them in Dallas playing a defacto away game against the hogs.  The only chance they can beat us in the next couple of years is by playing at Kyle Field.  Until things change on the football field, the Ags will continue this series as such.

The hogs are going to need an opponent who can fill that stadium if they want to continue that game in Dallas.  Oklahoma and  ::hornsdown:: and maybe Ok State or Texas Tech could help Arkansas fill that stadium.  All of those teams except for  ::hornsdown:: would probably consider it for recruiting and a chance to be close to their alumni bases. 

BoynamedWooPigSooie

OSU would be a perfect choice, lots of bad blood could be had.   However, OSU is full of edit and edittches in the Admin and Ath. Dept.

PorkSoda

they signed a 10 year contract.  I see no reason to let them out of it
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Smokehouse

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 18, 2012, 06:41:48 pm

it is to our advantage to "let them out of it" if we can get another OOC game lined up for Dallas.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

UncleFrank

QuoteArkansas has had a really good, if not great team the last 2 years.  Ags have also had the ball with a chance to tie or win in both games against the Hogs best team in years? 

We were merely toying with you--both times (especially last year, when we spotted you an 18 point lead at halftime).

We just let you guys hang around, so we could suddenly crush you at the last moment and the 'agony of defeat' would be even greater and hurt a lot more (CBP loves doing that sort of thing!).

Of course, with Sherman on your sideline, it made doing that relatively easy (which is what worries me about playing you this year at Kyle--Ol' Sherm won't be around to help us).

All in all, though, I can certainly understand you guys wanting to play us at home.
It'll certainly make the task tougher (and the victory sweeter when we win! ;D )

Quito

Aggie AD Bill Burn just confirmed at the A&M baseball game that games will be on campus 12 and 13 and then back to Dallas.  He also said that we will continue to want to have the presence in Dallas and we plan on playing it there as long as possible. 

Very interesting.  I do think that the 2 schools will plan their non conference away games on teh years they are the designated "away" team. 

MacHog19

Although I missed Long's presser, here is the issue I haven't seen addressed: what does the contract with Cowboys' Stadium say?  If the Aggies agreed unconditionally to play the Hogs in DFW for 10 years, they are looking at a breach of contract lawsuit for millions.  I submit THAT may be the isssue.

IronHog

Quote from: Quito on February 18, 2012, 05:49:19 pm
Do you really think the Ags are afraid of Arkansas?  Arkansas has had a really good, if not great team the last 2 years.  Ags have also had the ball with a chance to tie or win in both games against the Hogs best team in years? 

Right now is A&M better than Arkansas...No, but to deny that the Ags have given y'all all you could handle is delusional. 

The 2010 wasn't all that close........ aTm really didn't do anything on offense and the game was never in doubt.

2011 took a massive meltdown by aTm to lose......... the Ag coaches really had to make some bad moves to lose that one.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Hogarusa

It is actually a really good thing for both programs (more so for the Hogs in my opinion) to do the home and home for these next 2 years and then explore going back to Dallas in 2014.  The Hogs will be a Top 5 team next year so everyone should have the confidence they will have the ability to go into College Station and pick up a quality "W." You still get to showcase your brand of football for all the Texas recruits, especially since A&M would likely have a big recruiting weekend for the Hogs game. 

Even though 2013 is full of unknowns as to what the conference schedule may be like and if there will be 8 or 9 games, there would have been the distinct possibility of having 3 games on campus for the entire season (Auburn, South Carolina, and a non conference game)  with 2 in LR and 1 in Dallas.  That would have been pretty awful.  With a new QB at the helm then, it will be nice for him to be able to play A&M at home for the potential win over playing the Ags on a neutral field.

Welcome the change :razorback: ::hornsdown:: 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

31to6

Quote from: Quito on February 18, 2012, 10:06:33 am
Hence, Ags AND HOGS want to pause the series in Dallas and then return after both teams shore up their schedules.   
Not true. Petrino and Long are both on the record as wanting to keep the game in Dallas.

Just admit you have sand in your vag about the prospect of losing 3 in a row so we can move on.

Danny J

Quote from: 31to6 on February 19, 2012, 01:30:00 am
Not true. Petrino and Long are both on the record as wanting to keep the game in Dallas.

Just admit you have sand in your vag about the prospect of losing 3 in a row so we can move on.
Yes...we definitely want to keep that game in dallas for recruiting purposes if not for the money alone. I think that is why we scheduled home and home with rutgers. I think CBP has an eye for getting some of those players from the NE. I still think we play aTm in dallas for at least one more year.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 18, 2012, 06:41:48 pm

True, they did sign.  But the conditions of the contract have changed.  I'm not going to be surprised if the final decision doesn't favor the Aggies.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Quito

QuoteNot true. Petrino and Long are both on the record as wanting to keep the game in Dallas.

Guess you didn't hear the Long interview on the Bo Mattingly show?  Do you really think that Long and CBP are ok with the prospect of only 3 games at RRS in '13?  Think about it, 2 in LR, 1 in Dallas, 1 in Piscataway,  4 SEC road games...that leaves you with 2 SEC home games and a non conference joker like LA Monroe. 

Chief Mac

Quote from: Quito on February 19, 2012, 09:17:36 am
Guess you didn't hear the Long interview on the Bo Mattingly show?  Do you really think that Long and CBP are ok with the prospect of only 3 games at RRS in '13?  Think about it, 2 in LR, 1 in Dallas, 1 in Piscataway,  4 SEC road games...that leaves you with 2 SEC home games and a non conference joker like LA Monroe. 

who's to say there will be two games in LR in 2013 :)
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

FaulknerHogfan

They want equal recruiting rights...This is fertile ground for A&M as well is Texas is for us.

31to6

Quote from: Quito on February 19, 2012, 09:17:36 am
I think that is putting the best light on it after the fact. All of their statements throughout the fall were consistently in favor of keeping the game in Dallas.

Given a choice *I* think they would have preferred to give up the SEC game in Little Rock for one year than to give up the Dallas game.

FootballAllTheWay

The general vibe here seems to be we want it moved out of Dallas because we are tired of getting beat.  That's not the reason. We want the game out of Dallas because:

1. Our home schedule will suck unless we get another good team on there so take that as a compliment. Without adding Arkansas to our home schedule our home schedule is horrible. ( Florida, So Carolina State, LSU, Sam Houston Sate, Missouri) Would you want to fork out big bucks for those? Even with adding Arkansas to our home schedule we will only have 6 home games.

2. we did not make the money we thought we were going to make on the deal. It's not been anywhere close. 

Finally as far as it being a recruiting advantage for yall to play in Dallas why do you care if it's A&M or some other team?  It's still a game for you in Dallas. Go for it.

DukeOfPork

Well, it's not our fault that you've scheduled sucky nonconference opponents and it's not our fault that you guys are not traveling well to Dallas.

I'm not sure that I would call Florida, LSU, and Mizzou an uninteresting SEC slate.

I do understand the problem with losing a home SEC game - it's even worse for us because we lose one of our four SEC games every year to Little Rock.  I hope you guys pay for most of the penalty for breaking the contract, but I agree that we are better off to sign up for a nonconference game with someone else at Dallas to maintain a presence there.

aTm

I had no idea how little y'all care for home games at RRS!  I don't think there is another fan base in college, pro, or high school that would be cool with only 3 home games. Heck one of those home games will be a payout game against a lightweight.

Just how bad is the atmosphere in RRS? 

yraciv

Your biggest problem is for some reason you decided to go play SMU in Dallas and La Tech in Shreveport. No doubt you needed another home game, and it looks like it worked out for you, but your AD needs to stop overcommiting on these road test.

hogrox

It is kind of whiny regardless of the reasons on A&M's part. You committed to something, now you are complaining. The reasons to motivate it are irrelevant. You are backing out of something because it isn't what you thought it would be.

In the long run it doesn't matter where Arkansas plays A&M, the Hogs will continue to dominate them. In every venue the two teams have played, the Razorbacks have a winning record. Arkansas is 17-13-1 at Kyle Field... A year from now, they'll be 18-13-1.

There are a few teams I never worry about on Arkansas' schedule. MSU, South Carolina and Texas A&M. I'm starting to put Auburn into that category with Petrino at Arkansas and Chizik at Auburn.

uams1989

I don't really have a dog in the fight but how can Hog fans say they want all SEC games in Fayetteville then knock the Ags for wanting the game moved to home and home?

Sounds a little hypocritical to me.
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

hogrox

Quote from: uams1989 on February 19, 2012, 03:08:05 pm
I don't really have a dog in the fight but how can Hog fans say they want all SEC games in Fayetteville then knock the Ags for wanting the game moved to home and home?

Sounds a little hypocritical to me.

It isn't.

We want games out of smaller stadiums and in bigger ones. The LSU game is too big to be played in a 55,000 seat stadium, especially when we have one that can fit 76,000 in Fayetteville.

It is about advantages and also staying true to commitments. Arkansas is not violating their commitment to WMS. They are simply changing which conference game is played down there. Texas A&M wants out of a commitment entirely because it hasn't been what they were expecting. That's a little ridiculous.

Murr

Quote from: lowberh on February 19, 2012, 12:32:38 am
It is actually a really good thing for both programs (more so for the Hogs in my opinion) to do the home and home for these next 2 years and then explore going back to Dallas in 2014.  The Hogs will be a Top 5 team next year so everyone should have the confidence they will have the ability to go into College Station and pick up a quality "W." You still get to showcase your brand of football for all the Texas recruits, especially since A&M would likely have a big recruiting weekend for the Hogs game.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
If A&M wants out of playing us in Dallas, fine.  We can always schedule a game there and recruit kids from North Texas/Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex.

Moving the A&M game to a home and home series brings us closer to the Houston, Austin and San Antonio cities.  Lots, and I mean, LOTS of quality players come from this part of Texas.

Murr

Quote from: hogrox on February 19, 2012, 03:15:56 pm
It is about advantages and also staying true to commitments. Arkansas is not violating their commitment to WMS. They are simply changing which conference game is played down there. Texas A&M wants out of a commitment entirely because it hasn't been what they were expecting. That's a little ridiculous.
The payout of the game is not were it should be.  If they want to terminate the contract, they'll pay the fee; no big deal.

hogrox

Quote from: Murr on February 19, 2012, 03:43:09 pm
The payout of the game is not were it should be.  If they want to terminate the contract, they'll pay the fee; no big deal.

Which is fine. Like I mentioned prior, it doesn't matter where Arkansas plays A&M. The Razorbacks are going to beat them in any venue the Aggies want.

Doug

Quote from: FootballAllTheWayFinally as far as it being a recruiting advantage for yall to play in Dallas why do you care if it's A&M or some other team?  It's still a game for you in Dallas. Go for it.
Your first two reasons are spot on, so I won't waste time expanding beyond what you have already (Gig 'Em for that, Aggie!)

It's only a TRUE recruiting advantage when it's a non-conf game, since conference games at neutral locations cannot officially host any actual Official Recruit visits. That would be the only reason why I can see that we don't want to play TAMU in Dallas. We don't care who we get, as long as it's a Marquee Opponent (respect to TAMU shown here).

I think the biggest issues that Hog fans (and maybe others) have with TAMU right now is that TAMU hasn't played an official SEC game as of yet and they're already trying to get some policies changed or asking for a grandfathered exemption (student seating being one of 'em).

I'll save the Yell Squad jokes for later. :D
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Wildhog

As long as we get a new series in Dallas, I ain't messed up about it.  We beat their arses in Dallas.  We'll do the same in College Station.  We're just the better program.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Quito

Ags had to make up 2 games this year...very hard to do at this late in the game.  Additionally, we already had an away game at SMU as part of a 2 for 1.  The game in Shreveport became a neccesity because we did not want to add another home and home...we have Oregon and USC coming up. 

Not sure what happened to rational thought on this.  Hogs know that it is best for both teams to not play in Dallas the next 2 years.  Unless of course, y'all really don't mind only playing 3 games on campus in '13?   

hogrox

Quote from: Douglas on February 19, 2012, 03:46:50 pm

I think the biggest issues that Hog fans (and maybe others) have with TAMU right now is that TAMU hasn't played an official SEC game as of yet and they're already trying to get some policies changed or asking for a grandfathered exemption (student seating being one of 'em).

I'll save the Yell Squad jokes for later. :D

It's the whining about every little thing, yes. Texas A&M doesn't want to endure the SEC "hazing" process, for lack of a better term. The Aggies wanted to be in the SEC, but they don't want to play by the SEC's rules now that they are here. When it comes to the student seating thing, I don't think the Aggies realize the SEC may actually be protecting them, as well as all the other schools in the SEC by not allowing that particular tradition to continue. You think the LSU or Arkansas student sections wouldn't take full advantage of being behind an opposing team's bench? A&M doesn't realize, people are passionate in the Big 12 about their football, but this is the SEC... people are insane here.

Murr

Quote from: hogrox on February 19, 2012, 03:52:56 pm
It's the whining about every little thing, yes. Texas A&M doesn't want to endure the SEC "hazing" process, for lack of a better term. The Aggies wanted to be in the SEC, but they don't want to play by the SEC's rules now that they are here. When it comes to the student seating thing, I don't think the Aggies realize the SEC may actually be protecting them, as well as all the other schools in the SEC by not allowing that particular tradition to continue. You think the LSU or Arkansas student sections wouldn't take full advantage of being behind an opposing team's bench? A&M doesn't realize, people are passionate in the Big 12 about their football, but this is the SEC... people are insane here.
I wouldn't worry about the student section being behind the visiting team sidelines as I would their marching band--that needs to be changed.

hogrox

Quote from: Murr on February 19, 2012, 03:56:37 pm
I wouldn't worry about the student section being behind the visiting team sidelines as I would their marching band--that needs to be changed.

Well certainly... I actually like their marching band. They are very fun to watch at halftime, unlike their football team during the game. But they can be an awesome marching band somewhere else in the stadium. It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Steef

I liked the Dallas venue for a lot of reasons, but if we play TAMU at their house, I don't want another game scheduled for Dallas. Once in Texas per season is enough.

Whatever reasons the Aggies give, the fact is they are reneging on their contract, for their own specific interests. I understand that everyone in the world is self-serving and we're no different. But we aren't the ones backing out of a contract.

I would be careful about the 'we beat your butts and we'll keep beating your butts'...talk. We just barely won that game last year and we did NOT travel well at all last year. (Remember Vandy & Ole Miss?)

TAMU has been recruiting like crazy. The saving grace in that scenario is...they have a first year coach...at exactly the same time we go there. And then we get them in Fayetteville. So I think we WILL beat them for two more years at least. After that, we'll see.

hogrox

Quote from: NolanForAD on February 19, 2012, 04:00:43 pm
Yeah, I got no problem with that idea.  Just suspend the rule for TAMU's opponents.  Let me introduce you Ags to Bama's "12th Man."  Note:  Bama fans are easily the nicest out there)

EDITED, on second thought. You can look it up on youtube if you like.

Wasn't there some sort of war that broke out in the LSU-Bama tailgating area last year? Things were said, beer was spilled, corndogs flew through the air, and lives will never be the same.

WorfHog

Quote from: hogrox on February 19, 2012, 03:52:56 pm
You think the LSU or Arkansas student sections wouldn't take full advantage of being behind an opposing team's bench? A&M doesn't realize, people are passionate in the Big 12 about their football, but this is the SEC... people are insane here.

A&M would never get the corndog smell out of their uni's. 

rljjr

Hey, if you guys aren't tired of being beaten we'll be happy to oblige.

Doug

Quote from: hogroxA&M doesn't realize, people are passionate in the Big 12 about their football, but this is the SEC... people are insane here.
Aggies and Tigers³, pay attention to this right here. hogrox speaks the ABSOLUTE truth.

Bama brings: Poisoning historical treas and teabagging.

The Burning Plains (Auburn) brings: Paying for recruits, running off coaches (see Arkansas), infesting competing school fan sites like vermin, crybaby sense of overinflated entitlement.

Arkansas brings: Running off Coaches (Nolan Richardson, Houston Nutt (rightfully so), etc), full page ads to voice displeasure, hiring plans to fly banners on game days, FOI requests for cell phone records. Arkansas may not have the stature of these so called large schools, but they have money and time to burn.

Florida brings: unwarranted and unjustified swagger due to having a good program in the mid to late 90's and *very* early 2000's.

LSU brings: hurtled bottles of Miss at opponent fans, crowd noise so thunderous it actually triggered seismic monitors into thinking there was an earthquake.

Mississippi State brings: Cowbells that are beyond raucous and can cause problems for many opponents and fans. You damn well better bring GOOD ear plugs if attending a game at Starkville.

Tennessee brings: Absolutely bat sh*t crazy fan bases, especially when the program is doing well.  Neyland is beyond intimidating when packed to the hilt. Let's not forget that some player's... legal standings... are questionable.

Those are the big boys you're up against, TAMU and Mizzou.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

George S. Pigton

I'm good with moving it to a Home and Home.  If we don't host the Aggies on 'The Hill' next season we
will be the ones complaining about our Home schedule.  We will still have Miss. State in LRK and that will
leave SoCal and Auburn for Home games.  Not too exciting in my book.  Home and Home is best and besides,
we recuited Dallas before this deal, I'm sure we will do just fine after.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Chief Mac

Quote from: Douglas on February 19, 2012, 04:11:47 pm

Florida brings: unwarranted and unjustified swagger due to having a good program in the mid to late 90's and *very* early 2000's. 

they also bring some of the most redneck fans of ANY fanbase in the SEC.....and that's saying something.

Fashion for these folks is a nice pair of jorts!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Fatty McGee

February 19, 2012, 04:18:04 pm #94 Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:23:54 pm by Fatty McGee
Texas A&M wants out of a commitment entirely because it hasn't been what they were expecting. That's a little ridiculous.

Yeah, that never happens in college football.  It's morality and honesty all the way.  By the way, who is our coach again?  I love BP as much as anyone, but let's not start yammering on about integrity and commitments in high level D-1 sports.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

uams1989

It isn't.

We want games out of smaller stadiums and in bigger ones. The LSU game is too big to be played in a 55,000 seat stadium, especially when we have one that can fit 76,000 in Fayetteville.

Spin it how you want but aTm wants their home conf games at home...just like half or more if you on this board do.

uams1989

If they had agreed on Dallas after joining the SEC, then I agree.

George S. Pigton

This Home and Home needs to happen.  Without it, next year we only will have 3 conf. games scheduled on 'The Hill'. I
don't know about you guys but for my $3,000 I would like to see some good football games on Campus.  I don't like paying
$125 for a nose bleed seat at Jerry World when I have a much better seat in DWRRS.   Recruiting will not suffer, Bama does
just fine not playing a game in Dallas every year.  You win and the kids will come, plain and simple.
\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Douglas on February 19, 2012, 04:11:47 pmFlorida brings: unwarranted and unjustified swagger due to having a good program in the mid to late 90's and *very* early 2000's.

Didn't they win a title just a couple years ago?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Chief Mac

Quote from: George S. Pigton on February 19, 2012, 04:22:41 pm
This Home and Home needs to happen.  Without it, next year we only will have 3 conf. games scheduled on 'The Hill'. I
don't know about you guys but for my $3,000 I would like to see some good football games on Campus.  I don't like paying
$125 for a nose bleed seat at Jerry World when I have a much better seat in DWRRS.   Recruiting will not suffer, Bama does
just fine not playing a game in Dallas every year.  You win and the kids will come, plain and simple.

first, don't blame you if you have season tickets if you want all home games at home.

Second, Bama has two things we don't have: 1) very deep talent base in their main recruiting footprint 2) 14 claimed national titles.  We will most likely NEVER outrecruit Bama on paper. We will get a few more kids we haven't gotten in the past with sustained winning at a hight level, but our classes (on paper) with doubtfully be top 5 often if ever.

Key to better recruiting is better marketing of the program in addition to continued winning