Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] - ALL Matt Hall Transfer discussion HERE

Started by JackJohnson, January 09, 2010, 12:38:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 09, 2010, 01:06:49 pm
It's ok, maybe this scholarship will go to David Hurd, 6-8, 320, a walk-on from Monroe, LA last year who in a play off game in 2008, whipped Alabama's 4 star recruit, Darrington Sentimore, like a red headed step child. He was an invited walk-on because all scholarships were committed. Fortunately, his has the grades so that he doesn't need an athletic scholarship.

Once he plays he counts against our 85 limit regardless.

bplease

god this is like the 3rd thread this week about this.  HIS FAMILY SAYS HE IS STAYING AND THAT HE AND HIS BROTHER BOTH WANT TO PLAY AT THE U OF A
Quote from: Feralhog on April 09, 2012, 07:30:33 pm
Didn't respond to the poll.  If a football coach is responsible for teaching my son morality, I'm not much of a Father.

Agent of Chaos

Quote from: CallMeHog on January 09, 2010, 02:31:30 pm
I find it hard to believe Matt would give up half of his college eligibility just to play under Hootie.

You underestimate how much those brothers love hdn.

Last time I saw mitch, he was texting someone. Guess who?

I say his family, their sister apprently is a huge Hogs fan and hates HDN. lol, talk about a riff.

Quote from: bplease on January 09, 2010, 05:27:41 pm
god this is like the 3rd thread this week about this.  HIS FAMILY SAYS HE IS STAYING AND THAT HE AND HIS BROTHER BOTH WANT TO PLAY AT THE U OF A

Who have you been talking to?
You know the thing about Chaos.....it's fair.

http://halftimehennessy.com/

Choctaw Hog

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 09, 2010, 02:55:31 pm
Until this gets confirmed or refuted we can all speculate if we choose.

However, I am not pleased to see the name-calling just because he happens to want a change of scenery. Enough.

Agree...i do believe he wants to leave but i dont think it has anything to do with wanting to play for nutter...now, since he is not happy and does want to leave, ole piss may indeed be his destination

codeHog

This reminds me to hate again the person that allowed Nutt to go across the river to coach against us

elksnort

Quote from: codeHog on January 09, 2010, 05:43:05 pm
This reminds me to hate again the person that allowed Nutt to go across the river to coach against us
Why does it bother you? If you don't like him then you would be glad to beat him. Hmmm, we have not done this yet. I think that this year we need to do so.

The_Boot_stops_here

nothing against the kid but guys, he was a 3rd stringer...he was huge, but NOT a huge deal

OKhogfan1959

We should NOT attack this kid!! I wish him well unless he is playing Arkansas or hurting Arkansas.

He wasn't happy and he wasn't going to ever play. He won't play at Ole Miss either. It actually helps us out. We now have an extra schollie!

Good luck Matt and your little bro at Ole Miss. Looking at back to back 4-7 or worse.

hognc2010

I hope he stays
I also hope he realizes that if he were to transfer and sit out 1 year - that he would then be on the foruth year with Nutt - In saying that I think next season maybe his last there OM will not fire him he will just move on
He is networking already
He will use another kid and that is sad

The_Iceman

Quote from: woodhog14 on January 09, 2010, 02:49:05 pm
Are you serious?? DJ's numbers in BP edited's first two seasons:

103 receptions
1,134 yards
6 TD

Not impressive numbers? For a Tight End?? Riiiiiiggggggggggghhhhhhhhttttttt!

he wouldn't have that in 4 seasons under Nutt.

ark30inf

If he goes to USC, to UCA, to Memphis, to Tulsa, to Florida, to Texas, to A&M.....good luck sir.

If he goes to LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State then screw him.

JIHawg

Petrino might love for him to take up one of Hootie's scholarships, if you get my drift. ;)

HogFan in Afghan

Quote from: razorbrass on January 09, 2010, 03:41:47 pm
Seems I remember another hog walk-on offensive lineman that turned out pretty good - ever hear of Brandon Burlesworth?

Amen brother, I went to high school with Brandon. Class act all the way

Dr Swineglove

Stupid rumor.  Wither he stays or if he goes, no way in heck anyone on our staff gives a player a release to play for anyone else in the SEC - that's pretty standard stuff with most programs.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

razorback44

Quote from: Dr Swineglove on January 09, 2010, 10:25:03 pm
Stupid rumor.  Wither he stays or if he goes, no way in heck anyone on our staff gives a player a release to play for anyone else in the SEC - that's pretty standard stuff with most programs.
He can go there without a release.  It just means that he has to pay his own way for a year.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

ArKan5a5 KiD

Well RD is reporting that he is supposedly leaving but destination is unclear. Wish him the best wherever he goes.

razorback44

I think it's pretty clear where he is going considering the "rumor" of him leaving to go to Ole Miss broke two months ago on Rebels message boards.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

jgphillips3

Quote from: ark30inf on January 09, 2010, 07:36:52 pm
If he goes to USC, to UCA, to Memphis, to Tulsa, to Florida, to Texas, to A&M.....good luck sir.

If he goes to LSU, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss State then screw him.

I hate to say it, but that's pretty much how I feel about transfers. If you go somewhere far away or not in direct competition with our program, I wish them the best. If you go to a divisional rival, I hope you fail miserably. That said, I hope this is just a rumor and the kid stays.

ADAM_713

Quote from: kingofdequeen on May 19, 2010, 11:42:38 am
true story...

i paid a stripper $5 to slap me in the face right after i bit down on a lime after a tequila shot.  twas EPIC.

Brewerfan10

Lake City Hog

According to Davenport, Tom Murphy has reported that Matt Hall has chosen to leave the program, I don't know if that makes it official. He has stated that it is not known where he intends to go. If this has been going on for several months as reported on the Ole Miss boards is it possible that during Nutt's recruiting of the younger Hall so "tampering" went on? I know that it would be hard to prove and I am not even sure that it is against the NCAA rules, does anyone know?

bubbafromSECF

PORKER1

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Buff

Couldnt get shoes that fit right.

Marshfieldhog

Love those Hogs

That's a shame, but if the guy doesn't want to be here then no need making him stay.
Hogs 4 Life!

orgkeith

6-9 325 6.0 speed--anyone who didn't see this coming was blind as a bat.  Matt got some time against Missouri State and got whipped by their DL.  He was likely to never play a meaningful minute at the UA.  I quess it is possible that if he stayed he might pull a Nate Garner and finally develope by his 5th year.  Big loss here maybe his younger brother Mitch who is most likely a real prospect and will probably be good enough to actually play somewhere. 
    Before Nutt left he had Hall, Austin Eoff and that Tatum kid from Alabama lined up to be our oline recruits.  That's typical Nutt recruiting.  Petrino got stuck with them.

Hog on the Hill

Do you think he was encouraged to leave?  Was his 40 really that slow?

berryhog

online-with-swine

Mislead?  Mislead about what?  Told that they thought he could be a starter and when he couldn't even break the 2 man rotation as a RS freshman he starts crying foul.  If that's the case, then, C YA.  Go pout somewhere else.

Hog on the Hill

Quote from: berryhog on January 10, 2010, 09:57:33 am
Mother says he felt misled.  http://www.jonesborosun.com/story.php?ID=41403
I wonder what that's all about.  Well, I can't blame him for wanting to leave if that's how he feels.  I hope he doesn't get a release to go to an SECW school, though.

Quote from: KnilesKankle on January 10, 2010, 10:08:26 am
Mislead?  Mislead about what?  Told that they thought he could be a starter and when he couldn't even break the 2 man rotation as a RS freshman he starts crying foul.  If that's the case, then, C YA.  Go pout somewhere else.
I don't think it's fair to bash him when we don't know the circumstances.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: twistitup on January 09, 2010, 02:04:50 pm
Do you really think DJ is happy about being here? I think he has accepted it, but nobody like to be told 'no'. DJ's receiving numbers are not all that impressive since BP arrived if I am not mistaken...

I just don't believe in making anyone stay somewhere they don't want to be. It should be fine to try and find your place in life.

BP convinced DJW to stay, he did not forece him.  DJ has said multiple times how much he likes playing for Petrino and that he is glad he did not transfer out.  He knows (and has stated) that BP is turning him into a complete TE, so he can play on Sundays soon

Porklandia

How is it that the Jonesboro Sun can do some actual reporting and talk to his mom and no papers near the campus can do the same?
Put a Hog on it!

Reservoir Hogs

Let Hall go any where except to an SEC West school.  This is common practice when granting transfers.

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

BEvERage

Quote from: kenh2112 on January 10, 2010, 10:09:40 am
How is it that the Jonesboro Sun can do some actual reporting and talk to his mom and no papers near the campus can do the same?

the guy who wrote the story, Robbie Neiswanger, is in nwa. i think the story was syndicated to arkansas papers, so that bit of bashing is not valid.

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Boarcephus

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on January 10, 2010, 10:09:19 am
I wonder what that's all about.  Well, I can't blame him for wanting to leave if that's how he feels.  I hope he doesn't get a release to go to an SECW school, though.

That "being mislead" deal could be most anything.  Here lately with the James kid and the Levitt deal at USF, parents are getting involved way too much these days. 

No longer than Petrino has been here, the one thing I've learned is he'll play the best players, period.  Many of the players today think they should determine playing time and not the coaches.  As far as Matt is concerned, I have to wonder at what point does size become a disadvantage on the OL.   Those positions are not just about sheer size anymore but agility and coordination are equally as important.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Lake City Hog

Didn't Petrino say that if a kid wanted to talk to him about PT that he would sit down with them and review the film and actually point out the areas of weakness in the kids play? If he has done that with any player and the player has a problem with trying to correct the problems, but still wants more PT, I don't have any Issue with the way Petrino handles the kid.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: twistitup on January 09, 2010, 01:40:55 pm
If a kid wants to go, you let him go. Period.

No reason to have sour grapes around the program.

Wherever he wants to go, let him.

No one person is bigger than the whole.

THIS. 

If the kid isn't going to get a chance to play here anyway, he should get his release.  Coach Nutt even granted Damian's release and that was a significant loss to our program.  The kid should decide where he wants to play and be free to take a shot at playing there.

online-with-swine

Quote from: Hog on the Hill on January 10, 2010, 10:09:19 am

I guess you missed this part of post -"If that's the case,"-

elksnort

Quote from: kenh2112 on January 10, 2010, 10:09:40 am
The story in the sun was written by Robbie Nieswanger, I believe.

ArKan5a5 KiD

Ok so we have all heard that Matt Hall is transferring but is there anyone else that might be following suite in the next few weeks or so?? If so who??

Buff

If they dont feel that they can cut it under Petrino and Crew, then who cares?  Get better or gtfo is what I say.

Buff

Didn't Petrino tell the players early on in his time here that he was going to go out and recruit players that were better than them, and they could work out the depth chart themselves.  Sounds like someone would rather play for a coach who gives PT to upperclassmen no matter what.

Edit:  Good luck wherever CBP allows you to end up Matt.

hawgwash

Quote from: orgkeith on January 10, 2010, 09:49:04 am
6-9 325 6.0 speed--anyone who didn't see this coming was blind as a bat.  Matt got some time against Missouri State and got whipped by their DL.  He was likely to never play a meaningful minute at the UA.  I quess it is possible that if he stayed he might pull a Nate Garner and finally develope by his 5th year.  Big loss here maybe his younger brother Mitch who is most likely a real prospect and will probably be good enough to actually play somewhere. 
    Before Nutt left he had Hall, Austin Eoff and that Tatum kid from Alabama lined up to be our oline recruits.  That's typical Nutt recruiting.  Petrino got stuck with them.
I don't think that's entirely accurate.  I recall that shortly after Petrino came Hall was wavering between us an Ole Miss.  If Petrino didn't want him it would have been relatively easy to part company.

hogdogcrazy

More to follow.  No names in particular that I know of but just about every year a number of guys leave when they see no future here.  Happens at every school every year.
Smites are Badges of Honor around this place.