Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[merged] All posts about Tulsa coverage in Arkansas media go here

Started by Jones4040, April 23, 2007, 07:57:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jones4040

So, in a 50 post thread still no one wants to say that it is ok to cut time from the hog baseball team and give it to the Tulsa Spring game.

You don't want to answer the real question, so you tip toe around and come up with anything you can say that makes me look bad, instead of answering the question.

RazorsEdge

Once again, Jones4040, you have 64 posts on this board.  Most of your posts are about Mitch, Damian and Gus.  You have one post about the Razorback baseball team.  Why are you devoting your time to something negative when you could be posting about the Razorback baseball team.  It looks to me like the coverage is about right for you.

MountieDawg

I hope he travels to LA next year to get some of the USC spring game highlites...  Like it or not, those guys are news... And HDN made them that way!!!
SEC!

RazorsEdge

Once again, Jones4040, you have 64 posts on this board.  Most of your posts are about Mitch, Damian and Gus.  You have one post about the Razorback baseball team.  Why are you devoting your time to something negative when you could be posting about the Razorback baseball team.  It looks to me like the coverage is about right for you.

Why haven't you posted more about the Razorback baseball team?  Can you explain please?

Big_D

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:38:55 am
Once again I ask...do you think it is good to take time away from the Hog Baseball team and give it to the Tulsa Spring game?

Did Polly not get a cracker today?

Jones4040

1894- i agree, nutt didn't have the luxury of time. Not Nutt or GM fault. they both did what gave them the best chance to win this year not 3 years down the road. GM is no dummy. If #5 is in the backfield you give it to him.

The point about the Hog basbeall coverage is this. They could have shown 2 or 3 more plays of the Hog Baseball game. Regardless of how they split up their coverage they had to take time away from the Hogs to show the Tulsa Spring Game.

Secondly, it was a spring game. a quick comment was suffecient. Did anyone learn anything new about GM and his success or failure at Tulsa by seeing a few highlights of the spring game?

RazorsEdge

Why haven't you posted more about the Razorback baseball team?  Can you explain please?

Jones4040

Because 90% of the threads are bashing the program, I am forced to take up for the Hogs.

RazorsEdge

You have started several threads, none about Razorback baseball.

bigguy551122

me personally i would rather see football highlights anyday of the week over baseball highlights.
perfection is all i expect.

HogSophist

this is an redonkulous thread, by someone who has no idea if their premise is even correct.

jonesy has no clue if HOG stuff lost air time. I wonder if he has any idea how much air time it normally gets...? I am sure he doesnt.
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

STRILE

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:49:53 am
Because 90% of the threads are bashing the program, I am forced to take up for the Hogs.

The program deserves a bashing.  It is the most poorly run program in the country.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

Choctaw Hog

I'm glad he did and I would like to see more of it.

blake

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:43:52 am
So, in a 50 post thread still no one wants to say that it is ok to cut time from the hog baseball team and give it to the Tulsa Spring game.

You don't want to answer the real question, so you tip toe around and come up with anything you can say that makes me look bad, instead of answering the question.
There is time for both. From what I seen they covered it all.

RazorsEdge

There are thousands of Tulsa season ticket holders in the KFSM viewing area.

Big_D

Here you go Jonesy, Mike's off Press Row for today..

Now he's got time to address  "your problem"......

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:38:55 am
Once again I ask...do you think it is good to take time away from the Hog Baseball team and give it to the Tulsa Spring game?

Jones4040, none of the Georgia tv stations covered the Georgia-Arkansas baseball series, which means it is impossible to get video from the game(s).

I don't know what you expect, reenactments of the highlights or something?
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Jones4040

Then why has Mike never covered Tulsa before now? if there are so many Tulsa fans in his viewing area?

Nutts and Bolts

I applaude MIke for going to Tulsa and getting us the reports...There are ALOT of people in NWA who are very interested in how Gus is doing...
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

HoggieStyle

The success of the baseball team is the latest angle that the huggers are taking to try and deflect attention from their hero.

Southpointhog

I agree with jones4040.  Who cares about TULSA

HoggieStyle

Quote from: OBHOG on April 23, 2007, 09:08:33 am
I agree with jones4040.  Who cares about TULSA

Apparently, you can't read or you could answer your own question.

hawgibalboa

Does Tulsa even have a thousand season ticket holders????  Tulsa is the same calibur of program as a Rice or Tulane...The coverage does not bother me so much but, there is more interest in the baseball program here than there is the Tulsa spring game.  We have a team that has a great shot to get to Omaha and there were no highlights of their games this weekend.  Maybe they should have sent a crew to Athens.  Im sure they dont look at it that way but, this is Arkansas and in the past we never heard a thing about TU unless they played the Hogs or OU.  We've had local players play at TU and never heard a word in the past.  Is Channel 5 giving GM special treatment or were they just hurting for a story because they are too tight to send a cameraman to Athens?

RazorsEdge

Do you think interest in Tulsa football might be up in NWA this year? 

STRILE

Tulsa will be a better team than Arkansas in 2 or 3 years.
"Strile is critical to Hogville.  He accounts for 0.00077% of all posts"  anonymous moderator

Jones4040

Lastly, There are 3 national baseball polls. The Hogs are ranked in all three at varies positions. Mike always uses the lowest ranking on the news. "The 9th ranked Razorbacks" when he could just as easily say the "the 5th ranked Razorbacks"

RazorsEdge

"No video available?  Quick, change course.  McDonnell invitational, yeah that's it!"

Jones4040

Strile-

That has got to be one of the craziest statements I have ever heard.

RazorsEdge

Jones4040, why haven't you started any threads about Hog baseball?  It is a subject we can all agree on.  We all like the leadership.  We all like the aggressive style of play.  We are all proud of the results.  Why haven't you started any threads about it?  You could really unite the fan base.

Big_D

Quote from: hawgibalboa on April 23, 2007, 09:10:22 am
Does Tulsa even have a thousand season ticket holders????  Tulsa is the same calibur of program as a Rice or Tulane...The coverage does not bother me so much but, there is more interest in the baseball program here than there is the Tulsa spring game.  We have a team that has a great shot to get to Omaha and there were no highlights of their games this weekend.  Maybe they should have sent a crew to Athens.  Im sure they dont look at it that way but, this is Arkansas and in the past we never heard a thing about TU unless they played the Hogs or OU.  We've had local players play at TU and never heard a word in the past.  Is Channel 5 giving GM special treatment or were they just hurting for a story because they are too tight to send a cameraman to Athens?

Boy, you guys are cruisin for a bruisin on this one. Evidently you guys didn't read Mike's post about people  getting on here banging the drum against Tulsa posts

Would serve you well to go back and read a little...

Jones4040

How was their no video available from the series this weekend when I sat in my living room and watched the Hogs play baseball?

Jones4040

razorback4ever

April 23, 2007, 09:18:32 am #82 Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 09:21:25 am by razorback4ever
Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:11:15 am
I said nothing about Nutt...I said Hog baseball got cut for Tulsa spring game.

I watched the telecast Sunday night, and the Baseball team got their time also. How much time do you think it required? They said everything that needed to be said. Guess I missed the part where they skipped baseball all together and showed Tulsa only.....???????

RazorsEdge

Jones4040, why haven't you started any threads about Hog baseball?  It is a subject we can all agree on.  We all like the leadership.  We all like the aggressive style of play.  We are all proud of the results.  Why haven't you started any threads about it?  You could really unite the fan base.

razorhead69

Nothing against Mike or channel 5. They choose to cover Tulsa and that is fine. It is their right. It is also my right to choose not to watch channel 5. So I don't. If you don't like the coverage change channels. It's that simple.
I don't give a crap about Gus or Tulsa, but to be pissed because a TV station chooses to cover something is nuts.
I have 300 other channels to watch.
Carry on if you must.

RazorsEdge

Jones4040

I want loyalty to the Hogs first and foremost. That means not skimping on highlights from our great baseball team and giving time to Tulsa

Silver Hog

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 08:26:52 am
Once again I ask.....Do you think it is good to cut time away from the Hog baseball team and give it to the Tulsa Spring game?

Yes.

Feel better now?

PulledPork

so according to Jones4040, Mike and Channel 5 have a agenda......just stfu and piss/moan somewhere else.  If you watched the games on tv, what highlights did you need?  oh yeah, answer the question.....who are in the finals?  you can't have 4 teams in the finals!

Pulled out....

RazorsEdge

L
Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 09:18:00 am
I have started threads on Hog Baseball
Link a couple up for me.  You have started one.

KSHogg

In the long run, the best thing that can be said about the baseball is that it was the Razorbacks, for my part I'd just as soon watch two rats scr***ng as to watch baseball. However I would like to see how Gus  is doing.

g.lynn

Watch Bo Jones4040.  All he does is cover Razorbacks sports.  Even the rumors.  I watch KFSM 5 Sports and enjoy the diversity.  I really like Adria Goins Sunday segment on local sports.  Very interesting.  The golfer from the Van Buren/Alma area, the ice skater, etc..  Nice!   
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

Silver Hog

Quote from: STRILE on April 23, 2007, 09:12:26 am

I can almost agree, depends on how fast we get rid of Nutt.  If nutt stays, you sir tell the god honest truth.

Soooie21

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 09:17:25 am
How was their no video available from the series this weekend when I sat in my living room and watched the Hogs play baseball?

There's a big difference between an internet feed and real video.

None of the Georgia tv stations had it, therefore, none of us got it.

And before you ask:  No, local tv stations do not make enough to charter planes so that a guy with a camera can jet set around the country.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HairyHog

with all the bad shiite that's going on in the world, it is petty to bitch about this.  Get a life.

ceegar

I have no beef with this thread but Mr Strile I will wager anything you would like on this statement.  What makes you think they will.  They never have and I have followed TU for many years.  Its not just about coaching Strile you have to have players and facilities to attract major players.  TU has neither.  Ive been to Skelley many times have you.  You dont think TU had a good coaching staff the last couple of years, they are at Louisville now.
Go Hogs. Go Noles.

Hugulus Hog

Quote from: Jones4040 on April 23, 2007, 07:57:17 am
I never thought i would see film of the Tulsa spring game on an Arkansas TV.

Like GM or not (most of us like him), does anyone really give a flip about Tulsa?

This weekend we had track and Hog baseball, news from the basketball team, the cardinals, the nba finals, etc. and we get highlights of the Tulsa spring game?

The true colors are showing, when you take time away from our bad ass baseball team and give it to Tulsa's spring game.

True Colors shining through.
The job of the media is to stir poo. You can't really fault them for doing their job.

PulledPork

Quote from: ceegar on April 23, 2007, 09:33:41 am
I have no beef with this thread but Mr Strile I will wager anything you would like on this statement.  What makes you think they will.  They never have and I have followed TU for many years.  Its not just about coaching Strile you have to have players and facilities to attract major players.  TU has neither.  Ive been to Skelley many times have you.  You dont think TU had a good coaching staff the last couple of years, they are at Louisville now.
give it time, and I bet he was considering that things stay the same here as in our HC.  Ever been to Kansas State Uni, Rutgers, Texas Tech?   All three of those have a better team than ours RIGHT NOW.  So, with an innovative mind like Gus', and a team with flair, how long do you think it will be before they start getting "major players"?

Pulled out...

Silver Hog

Quote from: ceegar on April 23, 2007, 09:33:41 am

Think Boise State.