Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

Spikes

You only have one life, so you better enjoy it!

Hawgndaaz

Tired of jeff acting all high and mighty. Dude gets lucky off his pretend bets every few weeks but is just blowing a whole lot of smoke. He doesnt know his head from his houston nutt half the time but alll you tards worship him.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 05, 2014, 08:02:10 pm
Tired of jeff acting all high and mighty. Dude gets lucky off his pretend bets every few weeks but is just blowing a whole lot of smoke. He doesnt know his head from his houston nutt half the time but alll you tards worship him.

Dude...this thread had gone 127 pages by people being civil.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

McHogLovin

You're tired of missing on your plays and wishing Jeff didn't really make those dime plays.  That's if you're actually being serious.  You were just singing his praises last weekend. 

Wow! Okay
Let's make some waves.

So for the year if my numbers are correct

1 unit plays 1 -2
2 unit plays ugh 26 - 34
3 unit plays 30 - 27
4 unit plays 4 - 3
5 unit plays 25  - 23

Dime plays 19 - 10

2 dime plays 3 - 0

What that add up to? Over +150 units?
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

Quote from: McHogLovin on January 05, 2014, 10:00:27 pm
if you're actually being serious.  You were just singing his praises last weekend. 

I kinda wondered if he was just jerking our chain, then decided to respond anyway.

Tell ya what. Easy way to remedy that.  I simply won't post my picks.  If you wanna play 100.00 minimum I can hook you up with a couple guys.

Actually I will take that action myself.  Just let me know if you need references.
Let's make some waves.

McHogLovin

156 units minus around 36 units in juice.  120 units.....not bad.  I was up 55 units and lost 22 straight.  Started off the season down 27 units but had a run of about 80 units including a 9 team parlay that hit and won me like 33 units off an 11.50 bet.  Season saver for me. 

Quote from: McHogLovin on January 05, 2014, 10:49:35 pm
156 units minus around 36 units in juice.  120 units.....not bad.  I was up 55 units and lost 22 straight.  Started off the season down 27 units but had a run of about 80 units including a 9 team parlay that hit and won me like 33 units off an 11.50 bet.  Season saver for me. 

Yes sir.  I actually played a few parlays this season but not many.  Won enough there to pretty much cover the juice, but not quite.  I'm really not sure where that came from with hawgndaaz but whatever.
Let's make some waves.

McHogLovin

Quote from: Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson on January 05, 2014, 10:48:54 pm
Tell ya what. Easy way to remedy that.  I simply won't post my picks.  If you wanna play 100.00 minimum I can hook you up with a couple guys.

Actually I will take that action myself.  Just let me know if you need references.

U gotta post your dime + plays.  U can hold on to the 1 and 2 unit plays though.  :)

Quote from: McHogLovin on January 05, 2014, 10:59:15 pm
U gotta post your dime + plays.  U can hold on to the 1 and 2 unit plays though.  :)

Lol no doubt!  Probers!
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 05, 2014, 09:33:03 pm
Dude...this thread had gone 127 pages by people being civil.

whoah, bad joke gone bad lol.

jeff and i spoke earlier and i thought he would know i was being facetious. im just mad i bet that dumb college game late out of boredom.

i really do apologize folks.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 06, 2014, 04:06:11 am

jeff and i spoke earlier and i thought he would know i was being facetious. im just mad i bet that dumb college game late out of boredom.

You got me.

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 06, 2014, 04:06:11 am

:)
Let's make some waves.

McKdaddy

I was just bragging (it was actually more of a manifesto, a new year's resolution) last week in the Investment Forum on the civility of this 120+ page thread.  Then I saw Hawgndaaz's post and thought "WTH?!?"

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 06, 2014, 07:55:56 am
I was just bragging (it was actually more of a manifesto, a new year's resolution) last week in the Investment Forum on the civility of this 120+ page thread.  Then I saw Hawgndaaz's post and thought "WTH?!?"

Lol
Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

yeah, it was dumb. then I woke up at 4 a.m. and couldn't sleep so pulled up the forum. I feel like a jerk but jeff and I had spoke how randoms will pop in and finger wag from time to time.

McKdaddy

Locked-in FSU at -8 on 1/1/14, but for only 2 units....I'm kicking myself for being so conservative given that FSU is up to -10 now.

widespreadsooie

No hoops tonight, had a 4-3 weekend to bring me to 21-18 on the year. I've been flat betting at 2u per play by the way and will continue to do so.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 06, 2014, 10:37:04 am
Locked-in FSU at -8 on 1/1/14, but for only 2 units....I'm kicking myself for being so conservative given that FSU is up to -10 now.

Feeling the same way.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hog20

hollywood hog

McHogLovin

Quote from: hog20 on January 06, 2014, 02:42:32 pm
Anyone at all taking Auburn +10?

I've been ice cold of late but I'm going that way.  I expect it to hit at least 11 pts tho.  Already at 10.5 on 5 dimes

hog20

I am leaning that way too. If I can pull the trigger.

Hawgndaaz

Auburn is at +11 on my site. Cant call it either way though.

McHogLovin

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 06, 2014, 03:40:53 pm
Auburn is at +11 on my site. Cant call it either way though.

Just wait for Jeff and go the other way with it.  He doesn't know his head from his Houston Nutt.  :D

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Quote from: McHogLovin on January 06, 2014, 03:48:03 pm
Just wait for Jeff and go the other way with it.  He doesn't know his head from his Houston Nutt.  :D

Lmao
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

Hawgndaaz

McHogLovin

I may play Auburn money line at +325 for 3 units.  I think they either win close or lose big. 

Let's make some waves.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: hollywood hog on January 06, 2014, 02:43:10 pm
McKaddy just got a sick feeling in his stomach :)

I know, anyone who is on FSU just dropped their head and shook it silently.

If it makes a difference, I bet this the first day the lines were released. I may put some on Auburn if it goes above 13, that way, no one wins.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Quote from: McHogLovin on January 06, 2014, 04:41:00 pm
I may play Auburn money line at +325 for 3 units.  I think they either win close or lose big. 

Like the way you are looking at it. Sounds like a good bet to me.
Let's make some waves.

McHogLovin

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on January 06, 2014, 04:35:20 pm
Here's a video of Jeff describing his dime plays:

http://youtu.be/MbbQsKNvlXg

God I love that show.  Season 4 was a letdown though imo.  Seasons 2 and 3 were money.

jkstock04

Quote from: McHogLovin on January 06, 2014, 04:41:00 pm
I can definitely see the logic in this...in a way just does not feel like its gonna be a close game...whoever the winner is wins by a large margin, I could see it either way.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Spikes

Florida State's strength of schedule is the worst among any team in the BCS title game in the last 10 seasons. The 3 teams with the next-worst S.O.S. ranks (2006 Ohio State, 2007 Ohio State, and 2009 Texas) all lost to SEC opponents by at least 14 points in the title game.

In the last 10 seasons, there have been 3 BCS Championship match ups between an undefeated team and a one-loss team. All 3 times, the one-loss team won the game, each time by at least 20 points. 

FL States DL

8    Timmy Jernigan    DT   6-2   292

55    Jacobbi McDaniel    DT   6-0   295   

21    Chris Casher  DE   6-4   260

6     Dan Hicks    DE   6-4   260

15    Mario Edwards DE   6-3   277

97    Demonte McAllister DT   6-2   290

44    DeMarcus Walker    DE   6-3   270   FR

43    Desmond Hollin    DE   6-3   270   JR

90    Eddie Goldman 6-4 DT 303   SO

99    Nile Lawrence Stample    DT   6-1   305

11    Derrick Mitchell    DT   6-4   301

AU OLine

Greg Robinson | 6-5, 320, SO
Shon Coleman | 6-6, 299, RS FR

Patrick Miller | 6-7, 283, SO
Avery Young | 6-6, 304, SO

Alex Kozan | 6-4, 297, RS FR
Devonte Danzey | 6-4, 282, SO

Chad Slade | 6-5, 313, JR
Jordan Diamond | 6-6, 315, RS FR

Reese Dismukes  6-3, 297, JR
Tunde Fariyike  6-2, 305, JR

We all know battles are won with the big ugly, should be a good battle, Auburn should be able to run on the edges with there LT and RT.  Slow the game down and cover the spread. Double digit dogs have been hot this bowl season.

I will be laying $500 on Auburn  +11 will wait up to kick off to get the 11 or buy it to 11..

As always guys, good luck and I hope the SEC makes it 8 in a row!!

May put a small bet on the ML as well +315

Hawgndaaz

widespreadsooie

I like Auburn +10.5. The reason I can't play it though is because I think there's a slight chance FSU comes out guns a'blazing and gets up 2+ TDs early forcing AUB to shift their game plan. That worries me. Barring that not happening I think AUB could win and the ML has a lot of value.

Hooch

I am going FL st. -10 and over 68 both for 2 units.  Here is my reasoning. 

Florida State's best statistical games were Syracuse, Clemson, Maryland, and Duke.

Auburn's  FAU, Western Carolina, Tenner, and aTm.  All 4 of FSU were against bowl teams, Auburn only 1. 

Auburn did not hold a AQ team under 300 yds passing and 200 yds rushing all year.  FSU average over for both.

Auburn has won the turnover battle is only 4 games this year.  FSU all 13. 

FSU vs. top 25  4-0 average margin of victory 41.25

Auburn 5-1 average margin of victory 8  The total number of points if added together of  all 5 of their victories would be less than FSU avg for 1 game. 

I also tried to find an opponent that both teams played, that I thought were similar in ability.  I chose Clemson and aTm, this is giving Auburn the benefit of the doubt, because Clemson obviously has a better defense.  Both of these games were played on the road, Auburn won by 4, FSU won by 37.

I don't think it is close, 49-24  FSU

McKdaddy

Hawgndaaz

Its already started but idgaf. Took auburn +11 4 units and auburn moneyline +305 2 units. Bar im at serving 2 dollar fireball shots every time auburn scores. War eagle.

McKdaddy

Spikes

widespreadsooie

Spikes

Congrats on the Auburn spread, tough beat on the ML bet, but still made some money!!

McHogLovin

Quote from: Spikes on January 06, 2014, 11:15:15 pm
Congrats on the Auburn spread, tough beat on the ML bet, but still made some money!!

Sweet Lord I can't catch a break.  U just cost me a freakin G-Note there Auburn.  Thank you very much...