Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs lose one in the 2013 class

Started by The Recruiting Guy, November 05, 2012, 12:09:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

McHogLovin

Was expecting Skinner.  I shoulda known....

Tim Harris

Quote from: McHogLovin on November 05, 2012, 12:29:23 pm
Was expecting Skinner.  I shoulda known....

That is the one I'm concerned about.

whosiskid

I'm not worried about Skinner. He understands things too well to decommit and go to a school that basically uses a TE as an extra tackle. He has made it crystal clear that he has no interest in a program where the TE isn't part of the focus of the passing game. Everyone assumes he is going to go to LSU, but he has made it clear that he does not like LSU's offense at all.

If we lose Skinner, we would lose him because the new coach has had offenses in the past that didn't feature TEs. But I will be shocked if Skinner leaves us for LSU. He has made it clear he wants to catch the ball, not block.

That said, I was worried about Alexander. If our coaching situation was more stable I wouldn't have worried, but as things stand, I'm surprised we haven't lost more commits than we have.

And frankly, I am not too disappointed. I was worried that we had locked up too many recruiting slots. I had hoped a long time ago that we would have called a moratorium on recruiting so that the new coach can put his stamp on the 2013 class. Plus a number of kids might choose to follow the coach to Fayetteville. I wish Dominique all the best.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Bubba's Bruisers

Buh-bye.  We need to make some extra room on the bus anyway.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Tim Harris

Quote from: whosiskid on November 05, 2012, 12:46:06 pm
That said, I was worried about Alexander. If our coaching situation was more stable I wouldn't have worried, but as things stand, I'm surprised we haven't lost more commits than we have.

Several commits don't have any other major offer besides the Hogs.  They will be committed here until they are told to go elsewhere.

JaketheSnake

Think we can get him back with a hire.  Going to need a good class. 

McHogLovin

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on November 05, 2012, 12:55:38 pm
Buh-bye.  We need to make some extra room on the bus anyway.

Makes sense.  Tell him bye to make room for another kid with an offer from Wyoming School of the Blind.

Hogeration

Knew when OK finally offered he would be gone.  Hate it too bc he has the size to be the type of free safety the Hogs have cherished in the past. 

Soonerman12

Quote from: Hogeration on November 05, 2012, 02:52:15 pm
Knew when OK finally offered he would be gone.  Hate it too bc he has the size to be the type of free safety the Hogs have cherished in the past.

He'll be around 224-235 by his senior year. Hybrid S/LB type.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Making room for that Tenpenny guy that everyone keeps talking about  :)

Music City Hog

Quote from: whosiskid on November 05, 2012, 12:46:06 pm
I'm not worried about Skinner. He understands things too well to decommit and go to a school that basically uses a TE as an extra tackle. He has made it crystal clear that he has no interest in a program where the TE isn't part of the focus of the passing game. Everyone assumes he is going to go to LSU, but he has made it clear that he does not like LSU's offense at all.

If we lose Skinner, we would lose him because the new coach has had offenses in the past that didn't feature TEs. But I will be shocked if Skinner leaves us for LSU. He has made it clear he wants to catch the ball, not block.

And frankly, I am not too disappointed. I was worried that we had locked up too many recruiting slots. I had hoped a long time ago that we would have called a moratorium on recruiting so that the new coach can put his stamp on the 2013 class. Plus a number of kids might choose to follow the coach to Fayetteville. I wish Dominique all the best.

there is no way to know how the new coach/OC will use the tight end.  The fact the old regime uses the tight end means zero in regards to how the new coach may or may not use the tight end.

jackflash

until we hire a Head Coach can understand a prospect opening up his recruiting . I would

Soonerman12

November 05, 2012, 08:34:12 pm #15 Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:02:55 am by Soonerman12
Quote from: jackflash on November 05, 2012, 07:56:37 pm
until we hire a Head Coach can understand a prospect opening up his recruiting . I would
just committed to OU about an hour ago.

https://twitter.com/savageways_11/status/265644858381832192/photo/1

Stoops actually used his ATT&T line and it sold him, along with the atmosphere of OU/ND.

redswarmrising

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 05, 2012, 07:50:35 pm

there is no way to know how the new coach/OC will use the tight end.  The fact the old regime uses the tight end means zero in regards to how the new coach may or may not use the tight end.

this! ^^^

Music City Hog

Quote from: Soonerman12 on November 05, 2012, 08:34:12 pm
just committed to OU about an hour ago.

https://twitter.com/savageways_11/status/265644858381832192/photo/1

Stoops actually used his ATT&T line and it sold him, along with the atmosphere of OU/ND.

Congrats?   You took a recruit from a team with no coach.  Are we supposed to be impressed?  He is smart to flip to OU.  I can't believe we have any out of state kids committed that didnt just grow up wanting to be a hog at all costs.  Then again, looking at the other offers of most I guess it makes since to take your chance with a coachless SEC school over your other sun belt options 

Music City Hog

He isnt coming back:

"I'm going to go take a visit to Arkansas and see what their coaching staff has to offer but I'm pretty set. Well, actually I know for sure I'm set, I might take the visit for a free trip to a place I haven't been before, but that's about it," he said. "As far as switching up, with Arkansas, I had a reason to. At Oklahoma I'll have a chance to play for the national title - why would anyone leave that?"

beansandtaters

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 06, 2012, 05:39:17 am
He isnt coming back:

"I'm going to go take a visit to Arkansas and see what their coaching staff has to offer but I'm pretty set. Well, actually I know for sure I'm set, I might take the visit for a free trip to a place I haven't been before, but that's about it," he said. "As far as switching up, with Arkansas, I had a reason to. At Oklahoma I'll have a chance to play for the national title - why would anyone leave that?"

Ouch. Can't blame the kid. This is what happens when you have a lame duck staff and aren't going to a bowl game.

jcul28

Play for a NC at OU?  Not going to happen anytime soon.  They can't even win the Big 12.  Big Game Bob will not get them back to the NC for a while.

tiber

Quote from: jcul28 on November 06, 2012, 02:12:18 pm
Play for a NC at OU?  Not going to happen anytime soon.  They can't even win the Big 12.  Big Game Bob will not get them back to the NC for a while.

Clearly you don't realize how pathetic that sounds coming from an Arkansas fan right now.

The rest of the country is laughing at us, yet some on here think it's all good. 

Soonerman12

Quote from: jcul28 on November 06, 2012, 02:12:18 pm

OU can't win the big 12? 8 in 15 years of the conference existence. Played for 4 NC in last 12 years. Won one of them. Ya, OU will be playing in a NC game in next 3 to 4 years. Believing otherwise is naive.

Soonerman12

November 06, 2012, 02:47:17 pm #23 Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:49:16 pm by Soonerman12
Quote from: Music City Hog on November 06, 2012, 05:33:29 am
Congrats?   You took a recruit from a team with no coach.  Are we supposed to be impressed?  He is smart to flip to OU.  I can't believe we have any out of state kids committed that didnt just grow up wanting to be a hog at all costs.  Then again, looking at the other offers of most I guess it makes since to take your chance with a coachless SEC school over your other sun belt options

Most Oklahoma kids, unless 4 or 5 star, don't get a lot of national attention even though Oklahoma averages between 45-60 D1 kids per year. Reason being that if OU, OSU or Tulsa offer the kids, they stay in state. Just like in Arkansas. Hogs offer, kid isn't going anywhere.

But he actually said that Stoops saying "hello" on the phone to him was surreal. Several kids have said so since the commercial came out.

The reason Stoops got that commercial was because the CEO for ATT&T is an OU alum and big time donor.

tiber

Ain't no thing.

JL has instructed JLS to call kids and say SMILE!

Music City Hog

Am I the only that doesn't know this commercial?  I have a DVR and don't watch commercials. 

Soonerman12

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 06, 2012, 04:52:25 pm
Am I the only that doesn't know this commercial?  I have a DVR and don't watch commercials.

It's played during every football game on espn, cbs, etc. Even during sitcoms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqOCNp6OUHU

3kgthog

If he thinks he'll get that visit here after saying it'd be for a free trip, keep dreaming. Move on, Hog coaches and fans.

Hogtimes

He was  at the Tulsa game.  Don't know if it was official or unofficial.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Music City Hog on November 05, 2012, 07:50:35 pm

With Hunter Henry coming in, there is no doubt the next coach will use the Tight End, whether they have in the past or not.

FIOG

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 07, 2012, 08:13:38 am
With Hunter Henry coming in, there is no doubt the next coach will use the Tight End, whether they have in the past or not.

Unless Henry ends up at Bama with Tenpenny.

LaHog12

Starting to hear from people that LSU is pitching skinner to play receiver and not tight end which is a little worrisome because he is kind of a tween-er. They are also took the lead for the 5 star WR from Texas. Rickey-Seales and Skinner would be a nightmare matchups for the next few years.

atj64

Quote from: tiber on November 06, 2012, 03:18:42 pm
Ain't no thing.

JL has instructed JLS to call kids and say SMILE!

December can't get here fast enough to welcome the new HC and say good bye to Bozo.