Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas wins the 2017 NC!!!!

Started by DLUXHOG, June 24, 2016, 01:14:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DLUXHOG

Anything is possible, as not a single second has ticked off yet on any 2017 SEC game.    Regardless,  the Hogs are due.. (Okay, so maybe Hog fans are definitely due).....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Hawghiggs

No we won't. If we go undefeated. All you will hear is how the SEC is in a down cycle and doesn't deserve to be in the playoff.

MJ2

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

JackJohnson

The city of Cleveland did just get their first championship since 1964.  For some reason that date resonates with me

rzrbackramsfan

1 hog n eldo

Quote from: Hawghiggs on June 24, 2016, 03:15:35 pm
No we won't. If we go undefeated. All you will hear is how the SEC is in a down cycle and doesn't deserve to be in the playoff.
In the old bcs we would get the shaft for sure if there were two other undefeated teams. Like auburn that year.

alohawg

June 24, 2016, 09:58:52 pm #7 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:51:42 pm by alohawg
My hope every year until they lose two games.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

goodguytex

2017 and 18 our program should be at a position of strength. We should be in a great position to challenge for the conference title.

Of course many things can detail that hopeful train some of us are on...Enos getting hired away to another school... Austin Allen not being near the QB we hope he is. And the backups not being any better either. Other coaching changes to hurt our progress, key injuries. A number of things could go wrong to hurt our chances. But our chances of things turning out in our favor appear to be equally the same as those that don't.

And it hasn't been that way for our program in awhile. Maybe the next 2 years will get us all what we have been hoping for and waiting for since 1964.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: JackJohnson on June 24, 2016, 05:20:48 pm
The city of Cleveland did just get their first championship since 1964.  For some reason that date resonates with me
Kudos to you, that is some high quality posting rt here :razorback:

regi

The Cavs have more talent compared to  their completion, than we do unfortunately.

bphi11ips

Odd years are tough on the Hogs because of the SEC schedule, although we did make the SEC championship game in 1995.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

majestic

I've pretty much given up on it. I just don't think a run first style will get it done with the resources we have. But I'll keep hoping.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Deep Shoat

Quote from: majestic on June 25, 2016, 05:27:56 pm
I've pretty much given up on it. I just don't think a run first style will get it done with the resources we have. But I'll keep hoping.
Based on who wins NC's, what hope do you have that a pass first style can get it done?
All Gas, No Brakes!

Deep Shoat

Seriously, you have to go back to 2000 to find a team that was unbalanced to the passing side.  And Oklahoma still averaged 140ypg on the ground and had a 1200 yd rusher.  Before that?  1984.  BYU.  And they had a 1000 yd rusher.

Balanced O's with good to great D's win championships.  Run first with great D's win championships.  Run and shoot/air raid style O's don't.
All Gas, No Brakes!

majestic

Quote from: Deep Shoat on June 25, 2016, 05:42:53 pm
Based on who wins NC's, what hope do you have that a pass first style can get it done?
Yes, I hear you. But we aren't Bama. To even get there, we need something else. I like CBB, but I just don't see us getting to the "big game" with smash-mouth football.  I hope I'm wrong.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: majestic on June 25, 2016, 05:55:19 pm
Yes, I hear you. But we aren't Bama. To even get there, we need something else. I like CBB, but I just don't see us getting to the "big game" with smash-mouth football.  I hope I'm wrong.

Luck.  We can put together a team as good as Auburn did win they went to the NC under Malzah and even better.  We just need the ball to roll the right way for us like it did for them. 

The NewEra

I hope to see your subject line in the Headline of the newspapers mid January, 2017.  That would be sweet!

Cinco de Hogo

Hogarusa

Quote from: Hawghiggs on June 24, 2016, 03:15:35 pm

This means nothing with a 4 team playoff.  SEC will never have an undefeated team not make it
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

TUSKtimes

Quote from: Hogarusa on June 26, 2016, 07:56:18 am
This means nothing with a 4 team playoff.  SEC will never have an undefeated team not make it

This is the answer and will continue to be. It's a brave new world out there. The 4 team playoff is changing historical priorities.

Win and you're in. It's all that matters.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: TUSKtimes on June 26, 2016, 08:15:42 am

This is the answer and will continue to be. It's a brave new world out there. The 4 team playoff is changing historical priorities.

Win and you're in. It's all that matters.

I'm not sure that you will ever see a 1 loss SEC Champion left out of the play-offs, depending upon who it was that beat them. If it happened to be Georgia (as an example) and their 1 loss was inside the SEC or to a team that winds up highly ranked in the play-offs, they would be in. The same with us. But let your 1 loss be to the likes of Toledo or someone like Iowa State, and you probably don't make it, even with winning the SEC. The majority of the play-off committee members would love to find an excuse to bump an SEC team from the play-offs.
Go Hogs Go!

TNRazorbacker

Not likely but not impossible either. We just need a Lebron James to get over the hump.

MountieDawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on June 24, 2016, 01:14:37 pm
Anything is possible, as not a single second has ticked off yet on any 2017 SEC game.    Regardless,  the Hogs are due.. (Okay, so maybe Hog fans are definitely due).....

Hoping for 8 wins, just be happy Hogville doesn't drug test.
SEC!

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

drinking the hog koolada already? I'm interested to see how optimistic you are after media days lol
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Deep Shoat

I anticipate 9+ wins, unless the injury bug decimates us on the OL or at RB.

Everyone is worried about the OL, but there is plenty of talent there.  Just not a lot of depth.  We will see 8-9 players rotating there. 

Everyone is worried about QB.  Austin has been in Bielema's system for 3 years, and Enos's for 2.  He's had the advantage of his older brother being the QB for 3 years.  He has the advantage of using the RoboCop headgear for two years, seeing everything his brother sees.  He's going to be fine. 

And the D will return to '14 form.
All Gas, No Brakes!

LRHawg

I'm more worried about the running game. Right now RWIII's ability, post-injury, is up in the air, as is how soon Whaley will be ready to be an every-down back. I wish we still had one of Collins or JWILL but it is what it is.

Torqued pork

Can we trade defenses with the Denver Broncos?