Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adding 10th Assistant coach vs limiting staff??

Started by ricepig, June 23, 2016, 10:26:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

According to this article, there is a proposal being pushed around to add a 10th Assistant coach, while limiting the number of "staff" guys. It seems fair to me, but I doubt Bama is for it. I guess it depends on who exactly is "staff".

KlubhouseKonnected

The result of which would just be Bama contracting former "staff" as "independent consultants"
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

King Kong

Inhogswetrust

They level the playing field to some degree with the number of scholarships and limited number of coaches..........that should be true of the staff for individual sports as well. 
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Rzback

Personally I'm for leveling the playing field so that the rich programs can't buy their championships.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Rzback on June 24, 2016, 04:45:18 am
Personally I'm for leveling the playing field so that the rich programs can't buy their championships.
I don't get this statement.  We are one of the richest programs in the nation.  This underdog mentality has got to go.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.